User Reviews for Macrobid (Page 3)

Learn more about Macrobid.

Prevention of Bladder infection 12 reviews 29 medications

5.8
Urinary Tract Infection 121 reviews 182 medications

4.8
Bladder Infection 82 reviews 81 medications

4.8
Summary of Macrobid reviews 215 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Macrobid

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed this for a UTI last week. I took my first dose right before bed, and then woke up at 4am with a horrible headache and an extremely stiff neck. The symptoms persisted for two days and it was almost unbearable. I would not take this again if my life depended on it."

Uncomfortable and unhappy December 15, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was diagnosed with an antibiotic-resistant UTI in February 2015 and put on macrobid pending IV administration of a carbapenum and after two courses of cipro. I can't say for sure, but strongly suspect, that the macrobid caused an intracranial inflammatory response that precipitated rapid-onset hydrocephalus, for which I required surgical intervention in the form of a shunt. My brain felt hot and swollen, and I developed hideous prickly headaches, a shuffling gait and a tendency to walk into broom closets. When I called my doc and said I thought my brain was being killed by the stuff, she said, so, stop taking it. I'll never know if the macrobid was a cause, an agent, or happenstance, but would strongly urge extreme caution."

Muhair December 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've had macrobid twice now for UTI and I feel like I'm gonna die, can't take a lot of antibiotics bc I am allergic to penicillin and sulfates. But this medication scares the hell outta me, I'm pregnant and I've stopped taking it for three days and symptoms haven't disappeared"

Dp251 December 2, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Received Macrobid through IV and RX to go. Took for six days. Felt bad the whole time. Been off for five days now. UTI is back. Cipro has always worked best for me. Will call doctors office tomorrow."

Wanda W (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Be aware. I was prescribed this med both for recurrent UTI's and prophylactic use. After using it for years, I suffered full body toxicity and now have been completely disabled by this medicine. I presented to the ER on several occasions, with burning in my hands and feet, and to my doctor. Nobody made the connection. I kept using the medicine. I am now disabled with severe body wide neuropathy that appears to be permanent. It is a living hell. Beware using this drug long term. It has ruined my life. I am homebound with severe bodywide neuropathic pain and am in "pain management" with no relief"

swim2lakes November 26, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I can't say whether or not this was successful at treating my UTI because I had to stop on the third day. I was experiencing severe side effects, including chest pain and numbness in my hands and arms. Also it was rather expensive, even with my insurance, after I stopped taking it my doctor prescribed Keflex which worked and was only $2.00 a month."

frances123 (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I have been on macrobid twice for bladder infections. It cleared them up, but the side effects knocked me off my feet for days. Fever of 101 - 102 and flu-like achiness and wicked headaches or the entire time I was on the medication. The first time I took it the doctor said I must have had the flu too. The second time I called him after three days and had him switch me to another antibiotic."

SuzeR22 November 21, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took a dose, felt weird and went to sleep. Took my second dose twelve hrs later and feel so weird. My left eye hurts, my neck hurts. I will not take another dose of this. I am terrified of the side effects I am having from this. Anyone who is considering should think again. Although some people may have a good experience, you never know."

Ref72386 November 20, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was diagnosed with a UTI on Friday 11-06-15 and prescribed Cipro, while the urine culture was done. On Monday 11-09-15, the culture showed that Cipro was resistant and I was prescribed Macrobid, since it was sensitive. I have been feeling so tired that I missed 2 days of work from the fatigue and brain fog/confusion. The medication has taken care of the UTI but the side effects were more miserable than the UTI symptoms."

annebeth66 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been taking micro for 2 1/2 days and I feel worse than the UTI my stomach hurts really bad heartburn is terrible and chest pain very bad gas pains all and all I feel like crap I stopped taking it and let's see if I feel better never again will I take this my neighbor took it and ended up in the hospital almost died"

mikjack (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2015

For Prevention of Bladder infection "I had this tablet prescribed to me to take for three days, twice a day to prevent bladder infection. The tablet made me go yellow,vomit, lose my appetite and generally made me feel really bad. I still have a bladder infection so I wouldn't recommend it"

Anonymous0982 October 31, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I took this medicine for a bladder infection and took it for the full five days prescribed. The first day I felt immediate relief and reduced discomfort of about 50%. However with each day that followed my relief did not increase and within 12 hours of completing perscription my symptoms were back by 90%. So either the dose wasn't strong enough (100mg) or the prescription wasn't long enough. No way of knowing if either or both of these conditions were changed I would have experienced more success with this particular antibiotic."

Gaia.M October 24, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm usually skeptical about these posts and the crazy side effects, so I didn't take them seriously when I was prescribed this medication. I only took 3 doses, and although my symptoms are gone, I had the worst splitting headache I've ever had, intense nausea and foggy brain/not feeling myself. I skipped my 4th dose and felt completely better within a few hours. I felt worse on this medication than I ever did with a UTI."

Jenny1234567 October 23, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "After never having even a urine infection in my whole 35 years, after having a baby I got 4 uti's in 7 months. Keflex for the first. That worked well. Macrobid for the others. It does make me a little drowsy and have mild sort of "hallucinations" but it does work for me quite well. After the 2nd dose, all of my symptoms are gone. For me, the benefit outweighs the side effects."

Fellow chronic uti getter (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2015

For Bladder Infection "This works fine for me, I'm allergic to most of the antibiotics out there but not this one thankfully. I get uti's frequently, because I always have to be cultured, sometimes that waiting period helps the thing really get going. Normally its a 10 day course... I do not get headaches or any of the side effects others have had. Everybody's body is different, the only way you'll know how you will react is to take it yourself."

mizrob1960 October 17, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Me and my mom are allergic it! Tung become swollen with trouble breathing!"

Cat54544 October 12, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Ive been suffering from UTI's o & off for the last year. During this time I was prescribed a Sulfate antibiotic which I discovered I was allergic to within hours, I developed hives & blisters all over my face & body. So Cipro was prescribed every time for the UTI's that subsequently followed. It seemed it took about 5 days before the symptoms to go away but I never felt fully cured because even though the urgency and burning went away, I was having a hard time holding my urine if I had a close to full or full bladder. Then I would have about 2 weeks of feeling ok only to have the UTI start all over again. I was at my wits end. I was prescribe Macro, I felt relief in 2 hours with absolutely no side effects. I hope this is finally the end!"

HPG October 8, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been suffering on and off with UTIs for about 4 years now (my mother and grandmother are prone to them and I see to have inherited that, unfortunately), and I mean SUFFERING. My symptoms get to the point of missing work and making trips to the ER. This past infection was the first time that I was put on Macrobid and I have nothing more to say than that it is a miracle drug. Within 2 hours of taking the first dose, the urgency of needing to urinate had diminished tenfold. On day two now (fourth dose), and all of the pain is gone. I am on many more medications and the fact that my doctor could find an antibiotic that wouldn't interact with anything I was currently taking (including birth control) was incredible. Will use in the future."

M V October 6, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Had either a urinary infection or intestinal. New to macrobid, in one day after taking the medicine I ran a 104.7 fever, was nauseous and hurt all over. Ran a fever off and on till I got off the med and started cipro. Began noticing fatigue, brain fog and constant headaches. 10 weeks later I've been diagnosed with hypoxmia and am starting night time oxygen therapy. Already have RA, Sjogrens and Sarcoidosis, didn't need this drug complicating my life. Macrobid should be taken off the market!!!"

Sick in AK (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "was prescribed this medication for a UTI. Never had this pill before. OMG...I was nauseous 24/7 with chest pains and only took it for 3 days!. Also gastro issues and feeling like you are in a fog....I always got CIPRO for this type of E coli infection. Don't know why my doctor gave me this horrible medicine. Called today for different medication because I am not sure if the infection is cleared up. Pain is gone but that is all. Wouldn't recommend this."

mrbsmom October 2, 2015

For Prevention of Bladder infection "I got prescribed microbid. read all kind of review good and bad ones. Decides to give it a try. Ate like a pig and took the pill. I got so sick. I was light headed (like I consumed all kind of drugs) had sharp pain in my stomach. Got a fever. My back...ohh my back killed me. And I had difficulties breathing. Felt like I got kicked by a horse. I called sick 2 days in a row for work. And I only took 2 pills. Im stopping it. Gonna end up in the coffin much faster with that medication, I was all normal before taking that medication with a bit of UTI...now feel like I'm a rotten vegetable :("

Meedium September 29, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Was prescribed this for an e-coli UTI but had never received this in the past. BAD choice of color of pill. It forewarns issues. Had what I thought was the flu this weekend. Twelve hrs then the fever broke. Did know know that flu symtoms could be a side effect. Have had head aches (top of head) since beginning. Now have vaginitis of some ilk. Now don't know what route the Dr will suggest: Worried, in pain, and not sleeping waiting for the dr's office to open. I will always put macrobid in my medical records as an allergy. Took in generic form to keep costs down. Still expensive and now must start over with another drug, delaying both the cure of the UTI and causing the vaginal discharge."

PushawKa (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was so traumatized to take this med based on other reviews. I'm 120 and 5"4 and get sick and nauseous from even one tynenol regular strength. I got pedialyte to prepare... Took the pill and waited. And NOTHING happened except my uti going away. Do yourself a favor and don't read the Internet. Trust your dr!"

SDO September 27, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Horrible. After two I came down with a fever (102.6) and awful chills. The worst was the body aches - in particular my upper back, My gut told me it was the medicine and not a sudden case of the flu. I went off immediately and within 15 hours felt 100% myself again. Everyone is different and this drug is not for everyone."

Orango (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Just finished 3 days of this for a UTI and though it has worked for the condition I feel terrible ! Feel like I have no energy and like I'm going to pass out. Whole body aches ! Just phoned my chemist who told me this was quite common on this tablet and I should feel normal in a few days. Shame it's my wedding anniversary today as I just want to go to sleep all day. Won't take this one again it's not worth it."

monchetta September 19, 2015