User Reviews for Macrobid (Page 3)

Learn more about Macrobid.

Prevention of Bladder infection 12 reviews 29 medications

5.8
Bladder Infection 92 reviews 81 medications

4.9
Urinary Tract Infection 137 reviews 185 medications

4.9
Summary of Macrobid reviews 241 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Macrobid

For Urinary Tract Infection "terrible pain continuously in shoulder arm neck legs macroBid side effects crying because of severity of pain depressing pain hope i am not permanately damaged bymacroBid will report to GP feelings of DOOM"

trynomore (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

For Bladder Infection "I was prescribed Macro bid for a bladder infection. After I took the 2nd pill, I got severe shortness of breath, chest pain, high fever and diarrhea. Although not as bad as the first day, the symptoms continued into the second day of taking them. On the 3rd day, out of the blue, my vision was blurred/impeded by what I can only describe as bursts of light/sunbursts for about 20 minutes followed by severe headache and fatigue. Very scary! My bladder feels a bit better so I decided to stop the medication after only 3 days. Will ask the doctor for something else with less side effects if it continues."

macronot March 31, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Took 2 pills...... TWO PILLS!! Spent 3 hours in the ER with rapid heartbeats (over 100), chest tightness, anxiousness and the shakes. Hospital did an array of tests and told me to stop taking...... No sheet. Now the bad news..... Other doctor told me it can take up to a week to get drug out of system...... My advice..... Take one and wait a day or so to see how body responds...... In my case this pill was garbage and dangerous..... I have never had a reaction to a medicine like this...... Stay away from this antibiotic....."

Studad1 March 31, 2016

For Bladder Infection "I was prescribed Macrobid for a bladder infection. By 3rd day in med I developed a horrible dry cough. I stopped taking at that point. I am now on another antibiotic for an upper respiratory infection. I will be sure to never take Macrobid again"

lmbwife (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

For Bladder Infection "I've taken Macrobid in the past, but I never noticed any side effects. This time, I felt very ill about two days in to a seven day regime. I had no idea what was wrong with me. My tongue felt numb, I got very lightheaded, and I felt like my life was draining out of me. I thought maybe I was developing a kidney infection, but I only had a low grade fever. I called my doctor, but she told me to only come in if my fever went over 100.5. I decided to see if Macrobid could have caused these symptoms and I stumbled across theses reviews. Wow! What an eye opener! I'm glad to know that it was the medicine and not some life-threatening illness. I'm glad the UTI is better, but it was scary when I thought I was about to die, lol."

Becky C (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I got a UTI maybe a couple days after my cycle ended and was trying to do home remedies, but my boss told me it's better to get antibiotics so I don't end up in the ER. I am on my third day of Macrobid and the only thing it really does is make me feel better, aside from using my energy to help me get better. So I really only feel fatigue, but I drink lots of water or things with Vitamin C, to help as well, and I take the capsule with bread. Other than the fatigue, it's dealing with my UTI so I can't complain."

lululuvscats February 26, 2016

For Bladder Infection "Felt suddenly spaced-out, sat down at my work desk and passed out. Luckily I was already in a hospital. A friend took this med and also passed out. She wasn't so lucky. She fell and suffered a concussion."

Graddo February 26, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "This drug is going on my "Do Not Prescribe" list. After a day and a half on it, the fatigue was so bad I could barely function. No one claimed to know anything about this side effect, but when I looked it up I kept seeing it happening to users again and again. It helped my UTI, but I couldn't get off the couch. I phoned my doctor and was switched to Cipro. After skipping my evening dose of Macrobid and taking Cipro instead, I felt almost normal the next day. Be very, very cautious about using this drug."

E.C. February 23, 2016

For Bladder Infection "symptoms: SEVERE abdominal pain, constipation, nausea, achey pain in back, fatigue, chills, sweating, headache, cough. i just finishd my last dose of macrobid and I believe it cleared up my UTI but these side effects are not worth it. The abdominal pain I have been having is so bad that it has woken me up from my sleep 3 nights in a row. I have the chills and because of the abdominal pain it is hard to eat. I also have terrible headaches that worsen with certain movements or lights. This pill is awful and I wish I would've known about these symptoms before starting."

---- (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Took 1 pill woke up with rapid heartbeat 117 , chills, fever, head pressure, blood pressure high and nausea. It's been 4 hrs and heartbeat not back to normal. Beware, this is one bad drug"

horrible February 13, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Currently on day 4/7 100mg BID. I went from feeling like my back was being ripped open and sobbing until I couldn't anymore from the pain to waking up the next day after my first dose feeling like a new person, this antibiotic is ok in my book! Mild GI issues, decreased appetite, and headaches are my only side effects. Nothing in comparison to what I was feeling before. All antibiotics aren't fun to be on, so keep that in mind before writing scary negative reviews. Hopeful that the Macrobid clears this up."

HNS211 February 13, 2016

For Bladder Infection "I am always prescribed Macrobid for UTIs, and it has always worked for me. It does cause some side effects, but for me it is usually just fatigue for a few hours after taking it and a bit of diarrhea near the end once the infection is gone but I am still finishing up the meds. I know some people get more severe side effects, but I have always been lucky on this drug."

souslapluie (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "This is about my mom , 6 years ago my mom died because of this medicine , after 2 tablets she went to coma, and after 3 days she's gone . Please don't take this medicine . .."

Mysy January 19, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I became very ill and had to go to a hospital."

Mambasian January 17, 2016

For Bladder Infection "Macrobid has always helped me I have had many bladder infections..I am amazed how many people do not know of the miracle the medication Pyridium is to release bladder pain also I don't know why doctors don't recommend it...but please do know pyridium will not cure but mask the infraction release pain in about 20 min worked for me as needed for over 30 years. "

Good news January 10, 2016

For Bladder Infection "I took macrobid for two and half days felt sick. Plus I'm scared of anything that poses a risk of side effects that are mile and half long. Macrobid made me so sick that I ended up at the ER with swollen lymph nodes ,stiff neck, nausea migraine that caused eye pain, vomiting, chill I felt poisoned . My sister wanted to stay with us because she was so worried about me. I was sick for three days in bed . Never , ever again I'm only seeing nautropathic doctors and chinese medicine doc unless it is life or death"

1Grace007 January 9, 2016

For Bladder Infection "Fever chills fatigue headache pounding heartbeat chest pains and ached all over- I will never take this again!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Bladder Infection "I had a stubborn UTI that was unresponsive to Cipro and starting to show signs of a kidney infection. This drug was a miracle worker. Within 48 hours I finally felt relief after a long, horrible wait of dealing with intense bladder pressure. I ate heavy meals with each pill, did not experience nausea or other GI issues. I was however tired ALL 7 days of this pill. I slept so much, I mean seriously this pill knocked me out. So that is frustrating, but will take fatigue any day over GI symptoms and at the point I started taking this drug I was willing to try anything to get rid of this infection. I was SO miserable. I just finished my last pill and noticed a dry cough with shortness of breath, so that's why I gave it an 8."

Anonymous January 3, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "After my UTI reoccurred, my doctor prscbd me Macrobid. I took the new antibiotics about 9 days after completing the Cipro antibiotics and I felt better after the 3rd day of using the pills. I did have neon urine which was typical. There was a drastic change with my sleeping pattern, all I wanted to do was sleep. Fatigue was a side effect. I woke up to a headache/unsettled stomach (ate a heavy meal w/ pill) a few times. Now 7 days in, my old symptoms are back up. I didn't drink as much H20 the first few days, but I've since amped the amount of water I intake. I also bought Cranberry pills to hopefully help clear it up. Don't feel like throwing out more cash or another doctors visit."

EV2EB (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I tried this for a UTI, got sharp pains behind my ribs that come and go all the time. Stopped taking it after two or three days and my UTI came right back. Now on bactrim and have the WORST head aches all day long."

Emmy4559 December 29, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I suffer with painful bladder syndrome and this medicine I've taken to help prevent me from getting water infections due to the nature of having PBS. I have had water infections while being on this still so was really disappointed and has hit hard. In my experience I don't think these are good for preventing water infections for my individual case."

Lunacat December 26, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I had an extremely painful bladder infection and this medication worked by day 3. ...........I'm on day 6 now, one more day to go, The only side effect I had was feeling tired and achey but I slept more which helped. Also extreme anxiety from reading the scary reviews on here lol. This medicine saved me from a kidney infection."

deedeeking (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I tried taking this medicine twice. Both times I could only get to the second or third dose before being affected. It does cure the UTI however, I awoke with a terrible headache and a weird sensation in my eyes. By the second dose this weird sick feeling increased so much that I can only describe it as a poisoned feeling. As I have never been allergic or sensitive to anything I stupidly tryed it again. Same result."

Mary Ann K December 23, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Please read!!! Presccribed macrobid 100mg for bladder infection. Took the first dose at 5pm after a full meal (on the advise of my Dr who warned slight stomach irritation) around 2 am I woke up vomitting yellow bile which lasted for several hours. I was shaking and sweating and couldn't even keep water down. I'm on my 4th dose and symptoms are subsiding..I feel like I'm going to vomit, have a headache and am extremely dizzy. Please be careful when taking this its like a flu in pill form!"

Am1989 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I read the side effects before taking this medicine, which you should probably never do, but I decided to give it a try anyways. Took one dose and was fine, after the next dose I started feeling not good. Got the chills and a slight fever, and made my already existing anxiety worse. It did however, make the urinary symptoms subside. However, when my original urinary culture returned, no bacteria was found??? needless to say, because of the side effects, I stopped after two doses."

hayck December 20, 2015