User Reviews for Macrobid (Page 3)

Prevention of Bladder infection

Bladder Infection

Urinary Tract Infection
4.5

Summary of Macrobid reviews 4.8 404 reviews

Reviews for Macrobid

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took two 100 milligram capsules and felt like death. I was extremely exhausted, had a low grade fever and woke up in cold sweats. I must be highly allergic to this medication."

Mememe34678 January 8, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Used for: UTI with susceptible E Coli in urine culture Course: 100 mg 2x daily for 7 days. I saw the positive effect on the 3rd day, which is later than with other antibiotics. Always took it with food or milk. First 2 days, I had legit migraines. Also, had a mild fever after the very 1st dose. Then, the sleepiness and 'brain tension' (literally, some tension in the brain :) ) kicked in. Unfortunately, the symptoms came back 12 hrs after the last dose, but I don't blame it on the drug. So, it should work for less severe cases and the side effects are tolerable. Go for it."

Tarragon83 December 24, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I read one comment stating that symptoms while taking this med were due to the UTI itself. I can tell you from hard experience that this med has side effects, maybe not for all, but certainly for me. This has been my third and last bout with this med. I was encouraged to take it twice, and had the same symptoms - severe headache, body aches, chills, nausea and vomiting, and diarrhea. The second time, I reported this and was switched to Bactrim, which I have never had a problem with. This time, I went to a doc in the box and Macrobid was prescribed again because it was the only med not to interact with my other meds. Same problems occurred. I am just recovering after 2 days of hell. This is real."

Nurse Kell December 23, 2017

For Bladder Infection "I am into my fourth day now with this drug, eight capsules, to date. I have had bad reactions to certain drugs and I was a little apprehensive about side effects that I may incur after reading the reviews posted on this site. To date I have not experienced any that bother me to any extent. I have given them a score of eight because I cannot at this time say for sure that they are doing me any good."

Shick (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2017

For Bladder Infection "Worked great for me. Minimal side effects and worked fast!"

bthroop (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2017

For Bladder Infection "I seriously don’t get what these people are talking about. These bad reviews must be fake. I'm not saying that it isn’t possible to have bad side-effects, but it’s pretty rare. I’m on day 2 of my 5 days. 100mg PO q12hr for 5 days. Doing just fine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was so scared to take this after reading the reviews but I had very little side effects, just a slight headache and a horrible taste in my mouth. I was given 100mg twice a day for 7 days. It seemed to work after a few days but now I’ve finished my course it has came back but just not as severe."

Rebeccaleannexoxo December 14, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've read many comments on here which make it sound like this drug is quite scary, but after going through many of the symptoms BEFORE even taking the drug, I've come to the conclusion the symptoms many people speak of are actually the symptoms of the kidney/urinary tract infection itself. It is awful! I am extremely sensitive to the lowest dose drugs but I was given 100mg of the slow release form of this drug. I have had no bad side effects from the drug - maybe a bit of drowsiness but that could also be because I'm pregnant. As predicted, it made my pee a funny colour but that is what is meant to happen. I have one more pill to take, whether it's got rid of the UTI, I'm sure it has as my pee no longer smells horrendous."

Fayetography (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2017

For Bladder Infection "I was prescribed Macrobid this past Friday. It is now Monday and nothing has changed. I actually feel worse than I did the day I went to the DR for this UTI. He said that I only had a small infection, nothing bad but I feel terrible. The pinching and pressure on my bladder is just horrible. I get more relief from AZO pills OTC. Those things are a miracle drug for me, even though I have to take them with food. If I don't take the AZO with food, they make me terribly sick so if anyone decides to take those instead of this to make the UTI/bladder pains subside please try them with food. I haven't noticed any bad side effects from the Macrobid other than maybe dizziness. Its not been real bad either, just a little bit."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took this medicine for only 3 days. It’s is the worse antibiotics I took my whole life. If I could say anything it would be: DONT EVER TRY IT. You will feel almost dead. After 24 hours without this I’m feeling much better, not 100% but 50%. Don’t take this drug! It’s a poison!"

Julia melo (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I cannot believe that it's even legal to sell this poison. Horrible side effects and not worth the risk, only took 3 pills and got extremely sick with body aches, headaches, intestinal problems, etc."

Abbey's Mom December 6, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took 2 capsules on day 1 and by evening, time for dose 3, I had joint pain, a fever, chills and a headache. I thought I was getting the flu. Day 2 I was so weak I could not get out of bed nor eat. Took another capsule as I did not think a medication could cause this. By evening I was so sick I called my doc and he said to go to the ER. Thankfully I did. By the time I got there my Liver function was extremely impaired. Instead of being in the 9-35 range it was 667! After a day in the ER I was admitted to the hospital for 4 days. It took over 8 months for my Liver function to come down under 100. I don't drink or take either medications. The doc said this was a text book adverse reaction in the extreme."

Deenah (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "Can't even explain how bad this made me feel. SERIOUSLY thought I was dying. Chills...Sweating ...throwing up...I actually passed out on my bathroom bath. My chest pain was so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. No desire to eat...I've never had a problem with meds like this before in my life. Never again. I took it for 2 days and stopped. Be cautious."

Nikki hidey November 29, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "Extreme drowsiness. Never felt quite this drowsy from taking a medication. I’m vomiting every hour or so, I feel so sick, I don’t even want to leave my bed. It seems to be working for my UTI however so that’s good. Maybe it’s meant to flush your system out which is why most people puke? Who knows."

Stirlingarcher November 26, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been so ill for days I get sick a lot so I tried to brush it off but it’s to the point I was considering going to the hospital. I’m vomiting so bad it’s painful. I think about recently being prescribed this med and notice that oh it’s this damn pill that has me so violently ill. I’m still vomiting violently that’s not even right. Omg someone save me lol also tired achy skin blisters feel off like speedy light headed. Def no longer taking them"

Skullsnroses13 November 12, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "Macrobid did nothing to eliminate my UTI. It was a failure just like amoxicillian. I was a bit nauseous at first but nothing that affected me. I took it for ten days."

Stephen20000 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "Under no circumstances use this if you have a lung complaint. Long term use can cause serious lung reactions"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "Awful medication. I was only prescribed 6 tablets to take and if I'd read on here about them, I would have stopped after the first 1. Horrific headaches straight away, constantly nausea so much so I could barely eat to take my next tablet, drowsiness where I'm bumbling about my flat constantly, heat sweats, skin sensitivity. My neck is unbelievably sore making my headaches much worse."

Sian m October 4, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was extremely hesitant about taking this drug because of all the negative reviews. This drug worked great for my UTI for a few weeks. No real side effects except a headache here and there. I would definitely take it after a meal. Even with all of the negative reviews, just remember that each person is different and everyone reacts differently to drugs. I was so afraid of trying this drug because of the horrible side effects, however I am so glad that I did! I would have rated it a 10, however I now have to take something stronger due to the type of bacteria that showed up in my urine that is hard to treat."

Maureen S. (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had a UTI not too long ago, and I was prescribed Macrobid. I did not have any crazy side effects. Unfortunately I get them frequently and just started a new round of Macrobid, and this time has been nothing but bad news. I am on day 5 of 7 and I have been extremely nauseous, dizzy, and tired along with sharp abdominal pain. The UTI isn't as severe anymore but I feel like it hasn't been as effective and that it's still lingering. I made sure to eat a decent meal before and drink plenty of water, I think that it's just not reacting well with my system. I am definitely stopping after today and going to the doctor to figure out a new solution."

Good then bad (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been to scared to use the bathroom all day. After one dose of Macrobid (3ish hours after) I already have relief! I seriously can't believe it's working this fast."

Xnotilh September 13, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "So, Macrobid can certainly have some uncomfortable side effects. Most of these are preventable/treatable with headache pills, taking it with lots of food, and probiotics. If you are allergic, that is not the fault of the medicine, nor is it yours. That's just the way the cards were dealt. Macrobid, or nitrofurantoin, is very good for UTI treatment and the methods it does so makes bacteria unlikely to build resistance to it. Macrobid should be the first option before general antibiotics for this reason. Macrobid works very well and usually is taken twice daily (breakfast, dinner). For me, I had fatigue and headaches but they left after two days. After that, I felt fine for the remaining 8 days. And it worked!"

Kibbler (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

For Bladder Infection "After two 100mg doses of Macrobid in 15 hrs my UTI symptoms such as a non fully empty bladder and a pinching pressure on my bladder with more urine coming out. Still many trips but all the urine comes out for the most without discomfort. Side effect: headache each time I took a dose. Still within the 24 hour mark but noticable improvement"

Gail7877 (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "Prescribed this after recurrent UTI. I am very prone to them and if you are too try to listen to your body and know your triggers. I know it sucks to not be able to drink soda, or having to jump up after sex to pee but it's well worth it in the long run. Macrobid like sulpha and cipro make me feel uneasy but there's no getting around that but I would rather feel a little uneasy then peeing what feels like fire and sitting on the toilet for hours crying thinking how unfair it is to be born with a short urethra. I'm shocked how many people would rather have a UTI than the uneasiness of an antibiotic. Not for me. Obviously my symptoms of painful urinating makes it so worth just a little tummy ache to feel better. Take with food. Take all reviews with a grain of salt."

Mlmlmlml August 31, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed this for a UTI and while it did help with that, it ended up giving me the worst yeast infection of my life that I am still treating 2 months later. I usually don't have too much of an issue with antibiotics but this was awful."

theoguiseppe (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2017