User Reviews for Tetracycline

Also known as: Achromycin V, Actisite, Ala-Tet, Brodspec, Emtet-500, Panmycin, Robitet 500, Sumycin, Sumycin 250, Tetracap, Tetracon

Learn more about Tetracycline.

Helicobacter Pylori Infection 1 reviews 61 medications

Acne 20 reviews 504 medications

7.7
Summary of Tetracycline reviews 21 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Tetracycline

For Acne: "I have taken pictures of my face before, after 3 months and now after 6 months. My face has cleared about 60% and I don't get those inflamed acne that can't be cleaned out either anymore. After 3 months I was given the topical cream that contains Adapalene supposedly found in Accutane and that helped with any breakout on the way but also made my face bit dry,(Avene is great mid-range cream for during the day, unless you're putting sunscreen like recommended). I haven't noticed much side effects but on one occasion I went out mid-day and haven't put the sun-screen on. I got light sunburn but the redness was present for unusually long time, about a month? GP has put me on for another 3 months so let's see."

Satoriii August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I did not enjoy being on tetracycline. I got extremely nauseous and almost vomited several times. It was a lot to put up with for little results. It also took a while before seeing results. I also noticed I was bruising a lot easier. I switched to minocycline which I like A LOT better, I noticed better results and I have no side effects! If you're having the same problem as I did with the side effects, switching to minocycline (the sister of tetracycline) may be beneficial for you! Goodluck! I know acne can be super stressful but don't let it get you down, it never looks as bad as you think"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Going on tetracycline was a failed attempt at curing my acne. I have mild acne with deep pimples sometimes. The antibiotic did not begin to work until after I was done taking it (I was on it for about 3 months), and it gave me bad stomach pains. After about 2 months of getting off of tetracycline all of my acne came back on my face, and it appeared to be worse on my back and chest. I do not recommend this as a remedy for acne. This was a big waste of time and I regret taking it."

sakldjfo101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Its an amazing antibiotic for acne and the nausea is all worth it"

Mapots April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Loved the results from tetracycline. Was on for 3 months and had the best skin I have ever had. Cleared up my chest and face within a week. Unfortunately within a month of being done the prescription I started to break out again. Going back to the dermatologist tomorrow to ask to go back on."

mirk88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I had severe acne. Since I started to use tetracycline, my acne was gone and I cleared up my skin unlike before."

Heo joon jae January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I've been on Tetracycline for about 10 months. I tried different face cleaners, than went on to topicals including TAC2O. But nothing worked. I started this and my acne did start to clear up, acne on my chest went away completely, back acne was almost gone and my face was 10x better than it was before. The only problem for me was, that even though my acne wasn't terrible around my period I would spike dramatically, and my entire face would break out. But for the most part my face did stay mediocre. Having between 4-7 spots rather than my 15-20"

Hebeuaiqmwb December 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I'm 16 and it worked wonders! Treated my chest, back acne and especially the acne on my forehead! Still get one or two pimples on my face, but still looks just like it did when I was little kid. Didn't really treat it on my chin. All in all looks good. Although it delayed my period for a month and a half, and I've been on it for a month and a half, apparently a lot of antibiotics do that. Gonna go ask my doctor about that on my next appointment."

Patrice Diaz August 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I used tetracycline hydrochloride ointment together with betamethasone valerate for the terrible breakout I experienced last year (based on Doctor's prescription). I must say that the combination worked well for my acne except that my face became very fair, almost white ( I am black by the way) and the acne scars became very conspicuous. I was advised to stop the treatment by my Doctor. My face returned back to normal after a while and the scar disappeared almost completely. Unfortunately the breakout is back and I am planning to go back to this treatment as every other regime isn't giving the desired result."

Selinah (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I was on Tetracycline for my mild acne for 3 months and the results where absolutely amazing. I couldn't believe how good my face was getting. If i had a bad breakout it would only take 3 days for that breakout to leave because of Tetracycline. I've been off it for a month now and unfortunately my clear skin was as clear i started to breakout after i stopped but it was as bad as my acne was 4 months before treatment. At the moment i'm on Retin A but might be moving over to Accutane if topical does not succeed. For anyone who is scared for Tetracycline. Done be, the side effects are very mild and are nothing close to what they say the symptoms are. Best of luck too anyone trying this for the first time."

Graham K July 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I have been taking tetracyne for a month now, my face and upper back cleared up, but my lower back acne and side acne flared up. I'm not sure why that happened."

ccgmw October 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Have been taking 500 mg twice per day for 15 years. Works great. If I miss a two doses I begin to have problems right away. I do worry about staying on it for so long but my doctors says not to worry. I am 53."

CTITAN October 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I was prescribed tetracycline for acne by doctor, next day of taking the drug I started to develop diarrhea and headaches, I had it for one week and I was so down, I could not focus, dizziness, stomach problems, vision problems, depression, and more then decided to stop, I went to see the doctor and get my blood test done, thinking that is somthing wrong with my body as doctor never told me such a side effects if i am allergic to the drug or not, Blood resuts showed the neutrophil cells are very low, I was worried, after that doctor asked me to repeat the test after a week, and results shows the white cells started to pick-up, well after I done research on this site I found that YES tetraycline type of drug is causing many problems to blood count."

M G August 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Tetracycline was a miracle for me. I've had severe acne for 7 years and tried every medicine on the market, most of them made me sick or didn't work. I'm now 99% acne free. It is weird to wake up and not see a cyst or pimple on my face every day. I just hope it stays like this forever."

JLJEREMY (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Stuff works great. Its my cure all treatment for my adult acne on my face and back. I've been on and off of it for about 5 years, and it just works wonders!"

Pugrocker (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 7, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I have been taking this for over a year, recently I was late picking up my prescription and after a couple of days, I noticed the difference that it makes, it does not get rid completely of my fairly mild acne, but it stops it feeling as sore and I only have spots now around the area of my face that is particularly bad (around my mouth). I have not experienced any side effects."

Swirly boo (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Tetracycline along with Flagyl and Bismuth in large doses for 2 weeks cured my H-Pylori."

rlunny November 17, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Helped with my (adult) acne. No side effects."

Anonymous September 28, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "This did not work for my acne."

Anonymous July 29, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Worked great, but didn't like the limitation imposed on eating. Once you develop a routine though, its totally worth it. Experienced minor side effects, but nothing bad."

dek3 April 22, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I have found Tetracycline extremely effective for adult acne. Now my skin is 99% blemish free. I have not noticed any of the side effects listed."

beccabooo January 25, 2009