User Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Peritonitis

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Clindamycin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Peritonitis.

Reviews for Clindamycin

angel · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2019

“This was for prevention of infection of the gums and teeth. Horrible experience, allergic severe diarrhea, vomiting and nausea also some weakness and stomach pain, this was not reported to the dentist but returned to normal after medication was finished, this was the worst antibiotic ever for me”

C · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2019

“This medication helped with the infection but the side effects are miserable. I constantly feel like I have something blocking my throat and a burning sensation in my throat and excruciating heartburn a couple of times. I won't take this medicine again, the cons definitely outweigh the pros and there are other types of antibiotics.”

Mel September 19, 2018

“I was prescribed this medication for a gum infection at 150mg 4 times a day for 10 days. The side effects are BRUTAL! I didn't have stomach upset or heartburn like some of the reviewers but I felt as if I had been hit by a truck. Lethargic, itchy, and just generally felt unwell. However, within 24 hours of taking it my infection started to clear so I didn't want to stop taking it. After suffering 4 days of side effects, I started taking it 3 times a day instead of 4 (one at each meal) and felt much better. It is excellent for clearing up infections if you can get past the side effects. Definitely take with food, lots of water and a probiotic or yogurt.”

Cris Cowan · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2013

“I was diagnosed with an Peritonsillar Abscess in the back of my throat on my left side. The medicine is working well as far as I can tell. I haven't had diarrhea since I was giving the medication but I did forget to not lay down for 10 mins and I never thought I was going to fall asleep last night because I was in so much pain.”

Alycia99 December 5, 2013

“I have a horrible bacterial infection in my wisdom tooth excruciating pain. My doctors prescribed me this antibiotic and within 24 hours the pain was barely noticeable. I have been taking it for 3 days now and absolutely no side effects thus far. Highly recommend this antibiotic.”

gravy224 December 25, 2012

“Prescribed for dental infection. Had to discontinue use due to dizziness and rash.”

Anonymous July 21, 2012

“I have been taking this for a horrible dental infection. Dentist did a pulpectomy but was unable to do a full root canal because of the infection. I have been on the medication for two days now and have not experienced any of the side effects mentioned. I do have stomach issues resulting from a recent gall bladder removal but nothing has changed since starting this medication. I always take medications with plenty of water/liquid. As others suggested, it is always a good idea to take antibiotics with a probiotic (pills/yogurt) and to continue it for a few weeks after the antibiotics.”

MamaB123 December 12, 2011

“I had a severe dental infection that had me in intense pain and it was one of the worst painful experiences of my life. I didn't have the money to get the tooth pulled or worked on. After 30 hours on this medication, my pain had subsided. I have now been off the medicine for 2 days and no crazy side effects. I also tried to take some probiotics between doses to ward off any bad bacteria build up. This medicine is a GOD SEND. Very strong antibiotic. Must take each dose with at least 10oz of water. Please don't let bad reviews steer you away from this medicine.”

Learn more about Peritonitis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)