User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Clindamycin Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 69 medications used in the treatment of Bone infection.

Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Bone infection

"I was put on Clindamycin for cellulitis, but the doctor missed the concurrent jawbone infection, so I was taken off of it too early (16 days). It was doing a marvelous job on my jaw pain. 11 days of being off it allowed the bone infection to come back and spread painfully. Finally, a dentist diagnosed the jaw infection that moved over from the sore throat and cellulitis (teeth fine), and my PCP put me back on Clindamycin. After several days, the improvement has been steady. I hope they treat me long enough to help fully clear up the bone infection this time. Great stuff. Absolutely drink lots of water with it. Helps a lot. Food too. Prayer too."

Ekim123 March 31, 2016

"Oh my God, my neck, ear and jaw pain was the worst of all pain. After nearly 24 hours, I saw improvements. I found that its best to take the med w/ food..."

TweetChoc (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

"After what was supposed to be a filling, turned into a molar extraction, I ended up with dry socket. Around day 5 after the extraction I also ended up Osteomyltis starting in the same area as the extraction. I was than prescribed Clindamycin, as the infection was getting worse and the pain was excruciating from my jawbone to my ear and in the dry socket. The Clindamycin after 2 days of being on it, I could start feeling a difference. By the time I finished the prescription there were no ill effects and minimal permanent damage to my jaw."

Rikki Lei (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2015

"I am currently taking 330 mg capsules after one of my dental implants failed to take and the doc thinks there is an infection. I don't know that the medicine is helping that condition, there never has been any pain, swelling or drainage. However, as many others, the "heartburn" is like I've never experienced. I tolerate pain pretty well, but I was on the verge of tears when I climbed into bed one night. I honestly thought it might be an oncoming heart attack. I found taking an ibuprofen with the capsule headed off much of the bother. Saw nothing listed in the side effects list that came with the medicine, but is frequently mentioned here."

Rocketman007 May 26, 2014

"Taking clindamycin has been difficult for me. It's caused nausea, diarrhea, and stomach pain. But it's also been the only thing to clear up my jaw bone infection. They gave me 2 other types of antibiotics before this and neither helped. If you can endure the unpleasant side effects, it's a good medicine for it."

Annefl September 15, 2013

"If it weren't for clindamycin. I would not know what to do, it is a life saver from all the pain or unbearable comfort. I am reading the reviews, but it seems like people forget to suggest to drink lots of water; I always remember to drink lots of water with antibiotics because if you do not, you will feel like your insides are getting parched, and I think that is from the medicine. Sometimes I get occasional runny stomach, but not bad enough to where I had to stop because if it is constant you will have to tell the doctor and stop the pills, but I recommend this to anyone."

Muoshoo (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2013

Cleocin HCl (clindamycin): "Clindamycin was the only antibiotic that worked for severe jaw bone infection. "

Anonymous September 21, 2010