User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Clindamycin Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 214 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Sinusitis

"I was given this for a severe sinus infection and double ear infections, received my first dose at the urgent care this was yesterday, I took my dose last night and laid down to no avail could I sleep it was so weird like I was full of energy. I did get a metallic taste in my mouth but that is all. I'm still sneezing a lot and ears still hurt but will see how I am in day 3. So far it's been good I am also allergic to everything under the sun so this is the only antibiotic I can take.."

Ibeles (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I don't usually post reviews but thought I would share my basically good experience. Taking 300mg every 6 hrs for maxillary tooth (molar) and sinus pain - doctor and dentist were not sure if sinus infection or periapical (an acute or chronic inflammatory lesion around the apex of a tooth root which is caused by bacterial invasion of the pulp of the tooth) abscess. (Clogged sinus, pain in face and upper jaw, fatigue, squinty eyes, foul tasting drainage) In two days pain was virtually gone. Very few side effects - BUT - be absolutely sure to drink lots of water (at least 8oz) and don't lie down for 15 minutes. Now on Day 7 or 8. My stomach is a little bloated more than usual, but bearable. Fairly normal bowel movements once a day. I should also mention: 1) Wake up with bitter taste in mouth - but it goes a way - not a lingering taste. 2) Pharmacist warned of sun sensitivity - I have not experienced that yet, but being cautious. Now started taking Sacchromyces boulardi 5-10 billion units - recommended as a probiotic for Clindamycin in particular against C Diff."

LFG June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I will concur with everyone on here that is recommending the water, no lying down within 30 minutes after taking your current dose (try not to take it right before bed) and taking probiotics to help stave off GI issues. These three actions are they holy trinity with taking this stuff - I cannot stress that enough. My first night taking it I forgot about the aux warning of "do not lie down within 10 minutes of taking this drug" (I recommend 30 min) - extreme heartburn ensued. Lots of water and yes, do eat; you will have a better experience. Note: "a lot of water" = at least a cup or two of water (8-16 ounces)."

funtzman March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started taking clindamycin for a sinus infection. On day one, I took one pill at breakfast and one at lunch. When I took one pill at dinner, I was having difficulty swallowing. It felt like there was something stuck in my throat. Also in my sternum area I felt a tightening. I didn't know what was happening. The next morning I looked up the side effects and difficulty swallowing and tightness in the chest are listed. I switched to a different antibiotic and will avoid this one as it obviously affects me."

RochelleBelle (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given this for a severe sinus infection, I have taken the full prescription as noted and am still suffering ailments of the sinusitis, each time the med is taken I cough uncontrollably, have the nastiest metallic taste in my mouth along with nausea and an enormous amount of heartburn,feverish feeling almost like I am sunburned I took 2 150mg 4x a day for 10 days. Will try to avoid this one next time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It was a little scary to take, after reading these reviews, but I used the recommended high potency softgel probiotics daily and was sure to take dosages on time, with plenty of water and a little food. No stomach upset, no heartburn, no side effects at all, really. I will continue to use the probiotics after my final dosage today, to ensure that things normalize post-treatment. I used a 7-day treatment after not responding to a 7-day treatment of amoxicillin. This seems to have done the trick."

KLlewl July 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It nor any other antibiotic have helped my sinus infection at all. I get bad headaches with mine and nothing works regardless of the multiple trips to doctors."

Gravy Train August 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had sinus surgery last tuesday and was prescribed Amox. My surgeons office called me at home that night , I believe to change my medication to Clindamycin because some matter that was removed from sinus tested positive for MRSA Wonderful!!! Anyhow, my medical team gave me a prescription for Clindamycin taken 3x daily 300mg On the recommendation of a Scientist friend of mine and the medical staff, I bought softgel Probiotic which I take a half hour before my first Clindamycin in the morning. Only one Probiotic is needed per day. I have had no side effects of the Clindamycin at all so far on my fifth day of use!!!! Taking the Softgel Probiotic is highly recommended. Hopefully the Clindamycin works as well as the Probiotic"

Joey57 April 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For my sinus infection they originally gave me penicillin which landed me in the ER. Apparently the ER doctor said penicillin wasn't strong enough to combat it. So she prescribed me this clindamycin but told me that I will feel relief in 48 hours. Now being bedridden for 5 days on penicillin I was excited and 2 days later I can finally breath through my nose. Didn't have to worry about dry mouths since I had to breath through my mouth even when I TRIED sleeping."

zohair (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I get terrible sinus infections at least once a year. The doctor use to give me amoxicillin and it got to a point were it did no good at all, I went to another doctor and she gave clindamycin and it worked like magic in 2 days I felt so much better."

raiders25 January 23, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had this ongoing sinus infection for 2 months (or more) and been given 2 different prescriptions that didn't work. It felt like my head would explode. I took this and my pain started to subside after 24 hours and after 48 hours I felt like a normal human being again for the first time in a long time. I can't believe how great this worked. Took the entire dose, 4 times a day for 9 days. No side effects either. I guess some people get heartburn, but I didn't. "

Took for chronic sinus infection (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had trouble with a sinus infection, literally, for years. Repeated use of Augmentin did nothing to help. Finally, my doc sent me to an ENT. He said the infection was "stuck" behind/in scar tissue that I have from sinus surgery 20 years ago. So, he prescribed Clindamycin. I have been taking it for 9 days now. I finish it tomorrow. For the first time in years, I can breathe through my nose, I can smell, I can taste. The body aches that I have had for too long to remember when they started, are gone. It took several days, but I feel so much better. And, I didn't have a single side effect. This medicine has been GREAT for me. If I ever need an antibiotic again, I will definitely ask for this one."

Anonymous April 8, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking this for a little over a week and I got results in about 48 hours. My only concern was the horrific heartburn its giving me. I was originally told that I could not take with milk, but have since got other medical opinions to the contrarey. Every pharmacist told me that this drug is VERY potent so it was just a side effect, and nothing more serious. I too like many others found out the hard way that laying down after taking this is a big no-no. Take with food, have plenty to drink and it gets better. Also it's a good idea to have a source of probiotic (yogurt, or pill form) as this medicine destroys some of the good bacteria in your stomach which causes the pooping problems! Lots of instructions, but it works."

Anonymous March 14, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cleocin (clindamycin): "It is the only drug that works for me. I am allergic to many antibiotics but have had no problem with this one."

jobock February 22, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a infection from my tooth and it made two big knots in my face and it was leading to my sinusitis I had all kinds of medicines prescribed and nothing worked until I got the clindamycin."

works.... February 10, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given this medication for a sinus infection and was on it for 10 days at which time I was admitted to the hospital for a severe reaction. Hospital staff, ENT doctor, and nurses had never seen anything like it. I have a major burn rash ALL over my body that included very large "clear liquid" pockets. It has been two weeks and I still have the rash, but it has started fading."

Anonymous October 6, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cleocin (clindamycin): "Was perscribed this to cure my sinus infection. Took one pill and about an hour or so later broke out in hives ended up back in the ER."

misslegg June 11, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"On this medicine my infection (sinus) got worse before it got better, but it did do the job."

small one March 9, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cleocin (clindamycin): "When I get a sinus infection my Dr. prescribes this. IT works awesome. No nausea, No diarrhea, no yucky taste in my mouth. It is the only anti-biotic that I don't mind taking at all."

jrichards06 March 16, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cleocin (clindamycin): "the only drug that works with me in my chronic sinusitis"

rashaaaaaaaaaa February 29, 2008