User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Clindamycin Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Vaginitis.

Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Bacterial Vaginitis

"I refuse to take flagyl because it gives me the worst side effects and I feel like I’m dying LOL but I will tell you what side effects I have had with this medicine. I have had loose stool but it’s not too bad like I can deal with and I’m not in pain. I just go to the bathroom easier and I sometimes I get heartburn but it doesn’t last long. Overall this is the best medication I have taken for bacterial vaginosis. I really haven’t had too many problems, I’ve been a little tired but I’m always tired - I’m a mom LOL. I don’t see why there are so many people making bad reviews on this medicine because it’s so much better than Flagyl"

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

"I felt like I needed to write a review bc all the other reviews scared me. I do not tolerate flagyl so when I came down with BV again I opted for the cream. While it is messy and unpleasant it is much better than the pill for me. I will say that I have experienced some body aches but it seems to go away throughout the day and especially after I workout. Overall not so bad. I’m on day 2 of 7."

Jul April 24, 2018

"I’ve taken this medicine 3 times and my BV just keeps coming back. The second time it didn’t even cure it :( but I can’t take flagyl...that’s awful stuff. No side effects with this tho. I’ve just hoped my body would let it kill off the bacteria. I take it twice a day for 7 days."

Kkkkaaaaa February 2, 2018

"Taking this medication for a BV that has been coming back every few months for the past three years. I have previously received one-day pills and vaginal suppositories on different occasions, but none have been effective on the long-run. The same gyn recently prescribed clindamycin 300mg twice a day for 7 days, however, gave me the complete Rx for 10 days in case I need it. I am currently on the 7th day, and likely to continue all through the 10th since my BV has been persistent. Fortunately, I have not had side effects so far, and I have not always taken the medication with food."

MCPR (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

"I have taking several different medications for reoccurring BV. Clindamycin is the only med I took that worked I took 300mg four times a day 10 days I had no side effects at all. The only problem I did have was the pill is big and was hard to swallow but I took it with applesauce and no issues at all not only did I have no side effects but it was the only med that worked for me. I would defiantly use this med again. And I felt a huge difference after 1st day I used it"

glad took thi November 19, 2017

"I was prescribed 300mg twice a day for seven days and the next day it was still there so went back to the hospital and I was prescribed another three days of the same dosage. It cleared my infection and it was not awful taking it (I do not swallow pills so I chew them) - I put the powder in bread then used icing to swallow everything - the taste did remain a long time but its all because of the previous antibiotics that screwed up my tongue). The reason why I am not giving it a perfect score is because it gave me a yeast infection so more medication for me to take (another 1 for the new infection)."

shumibiggi (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

"Becoming more profound. I am very happy with this medicine and thankful that my lady parts are getting back to its original self. "

Bmanore81 June 11, 2017

"I was prescribed 300 mg twice daily for seven days to treat a case of bacterial vaginitis. It cleared up my infection within a few days, so it has definitely been effective, although I can't say that I've enjoyed taking it. The blue capsules I was given taste like a cross between bug spray and nail polish remover, and they made me gag every time. Once I actually threw the pill up, so I would suggest taking with food if you have a weak stomach. Toward the end of my prescription I noticed a slight orange/pink discharge which may or may not be a side effect of the medication. Both the discharge and the nausea may have been exacerbated by the fact that I'm currently pregnant."

khaleesi420 May 31, 2017

"I had BV for the first time. I was uncomfortable and washed 2 to 3 times a day..and would use wipes to freshen up at work . I was so scared that others could smell me My Dr. Prescribes Clindamycin suppositories for 7 days. I now feel fresh, clean and confident! No discharge, no odor at all! My pH balance is balanced! I'm wondering if anyone has smelled me before tho,....God knows I hope I'm not the girl who everyone talks about"

MMJ1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

"I used for a night and a half before I started itching badly much worse than the BV which never bothered me. I had to use an ice pack then noticed blisters and the swelling was awful. It's morning and I will call Dr and ask if I will have to deal with this for 7 days"

Kwatt (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

"I've had BV for the past 8 months and they always prescribe clindamycin and it always came back then they gave me Metronidazole. And the smell was gone by my second pill I couldn't be more happy"

Jaybaby January 5, 2017

"I am the type of person that HATES taking medicine. I got BV about 3 months ago and was prescribed metro. I had always suspected I had an allergic reaction to it, but figured that the cream wouldn't induce it. Boy, was I wrong. I had pain for about 2 months after initially using it (yet, it apparently cleared it up according to lab results). About 2 weeks ago, I relapsed and got BV again (30% of women will relapse after 3 months of clearing BV). I was prescribed Clindamycin orally twice a day for 7 days and wow, it cleared it right up! I started to feel better after the 4th day. I had very light side effects like a minor yeast infection and light indigestion about 20 minutes after taking my medicine. I also took 2 probiotics a day."

BvNoMore November 26, 2016

"I've had BV for years and have taken metronidazole numerous times. Even with me following specific vaginal care it still quickly came back. I literally had to use tampons on days i had no period to avoid the discharge and odor on certain days of the month when it shows up. I researched what else could help and saw clindamycin. I took 300mg twice a day for 7 days. From the first day there was 100% improvement. My side effects were minor, gassy/frequent bowel movements, throat felt different but not sore. But that was it for me. I wish i would've been prescribed this sooner."

Ladyldgd (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

"I was prescribed metronizadole for my bv. I've never had bv before in my life until June. It's already December. Metronizadole didn't work. I went back to the same doctor and then she prescribed clyinda. She prescribed 2 refils and I'm about 1 pill away from finished my first bottle and NOTHING HAS WORKED. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I am wiping the right way, I use unscented soaps, have not been sexually active since early June. I just don't know what is wrong with me. I'm considering just going to a hospital or something cause I am DESPERATE. No 19 year old should be going through this. I am not leaning towards home remedies cause I hear those just make it worse that it already is."

Ashleycloud (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

"I had a sever allergic reaction to flagal and never knew their was any other medicine to take for BV but so glad there is!! The flagal tasted awful and the taste stayed in your mouth forever but the Clindamycin worked great, symptoms was gone after day 2 and I felt so much better!!! This is the best thing to take for BV, I had to problems what so ever with this medicine."

SC29605 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

"I kept going back to the doc and the always prescribe metro. It never worked! I never got any relief in the syprims,the discharge continued. I finally got check at a hospital and got prescribed this. The third day my symptoms were cleared. So happy w this medication."

HappyGirlAsh June 20, 2016

"I hate taking flagyl it makes me so sick but by taking this it really cleared up most of my symptoms within days. The only side effect I got is heartburn and a bit of dizziness. I definitely recommend taking this with a meal."

Josy101 January 5, 2016

"I hope this gets posted. Norforms vaginal suppositories have cured my recurrent BV !!! I used them every other day for a month and I finally have my normal vagina back !!!"

BettyJean879749033 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2015

"I have never had BV before but I have to admit it the medicine started to relieve all my symptoms within the first few days. I did experience nausea and chest pain sore throat but I feel like the good outweighed the bad through my treatment process I have a few more days left and I'm overall satisfied with my treatment."

1st Timer BV (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

"On Day 2 of the Clindamycin Inserts and I have no side effects and my BV has already improved but will continue to take the remaining 5 inserts. The directions say each night do one insert for 7 nights."

TreatBV (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

"I was given clindamycin for bacterial vaginosis while pregnant. I had been on it once years before for something else and it made me vomit once and mildly uncomfortable the rest of the time. This time it has caused throat and chest pain and tightening, rash, horrible heartburn, and more. Doctor won't give me anything else, but I am beginning to think the BV is of less risk to baby than this is. Never again"

SofiM May 2, 2015

"Went through Flagyl first. Didn't clear it. This worked. I don't believe I had too many side effects. Some diarrhea. Be careful though, this is powerful. I ended up with C-Diff. TAKE PROBIOTIC with this!! Florastor - I highly recommend it."

TimeWasNeverReal (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

"I have seen results within the first day of using it. Flagyl causes allergic reactions to me. I would take this before Flagyl. A lot of doctors prescribe Flagyl before this for some reason."

Ann G January 22, 2015

"I have done Flagyl 4 times in the past year. Clearly, it hasn't been able to clear up my bacterial vaginitis. Trying this as an alternative. Haven't finished, but my initial impression is that it is much gentler on my stomach. I DREAD taking Flagyl, this is not bad. Slight nausea. Much better if taken with a meal."

BV… again (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2014

"I just started and noticed that it works faster than most other bacterial vaginitis meds but the side effects are nausea, red spots on my arm, and a little joint pain and some dizziness. I am a runner as well, I got very dizzy while running and on this pill."

DennyP March 9, 2013