User Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Bacterial Vaginitis

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Clindamycin has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 37 ratings for the treatment of Bacterial Vaginitis. 68% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Clindamycin Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Vaginitis.

Reviews for Clindamycin

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2020

“clindamycin usually works like a charm. I get BV maybe once or twice a year. This time after 4 days the pills did nothing, I started the cream last night but still no improvement. I hope I’m not resistant to it.”

Yo Mama November 7, 2020

“clindamycin worked for me, results are definitely individual dependent. I’ve never had an issue with this prescription.”

Spydi August 16, 2020

“I had clindamycin for my vaginal infection, after I am taking the first dose diarrhea started for me for 2 weeks ,after 3 months again I am having diarrhea for 2 months treatment going on, please don't take clindamycin it's dangerous drug. It will destroy our gut Flora and had an opportunity for c diff to grow.”

Anonymous July 25, 2019

“The only time I have gotten BV was from my partner. Doctors will tell you that is not your partners fault but that your vagina doesn’t agree with your partners sperm. My boyfriend and I have been tested for everything you can imagine and we are both clean. I took it upon myself to treat him with flagyl 3 times a day for 7 days. Guess what it worked! It took me 2 years of going through recurrent infections before I tried this. This medication always helped me but every time we decided to have unprotected sex the BV would return until he was treated. I’m not sure if some of you women have had the same issue as me but take what I did into consideration. You won’t know unless you try!”

SAmom79 · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

Cleocin (clindamycin): “Cleocin ovules in the pink and white box that get inserted at bedtime are a lifesaver it is the only thing that gets rid of my BV!! All other meds for BV make me so sick and this is the only one with no side effects and feeling 90% better after 1st night. There are three nightly doses in one box and it is gone after the treatment!”

Ladyldgd · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2016

“I've had BV for years and have taken metronidazole numerous times. Even with me following specific vaginal care it still quickly came back. I literally had to use tampons on days i had no period to avoid the discharge and odor on certain days of the month when it shows up. I researched what else could help and saw clindamycin. I took 300mg twice a day for 7 days. From the first day there was 100% improvement. My side effects were minor, gassy/frequent bowel movements, throat felt different but not sore. But that was it for me. I wish i would've been prescribed this sooner.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2019

“Clindamycin is the best antibiotic I've tried for BV WHEN taken in conjunction with probiotics. Curing BV requires obtaining the correct balance of good and bad bacteria down there. Antibiotics kill both, so it is essential to replace that good bacteria. Research the correct way to take probiotics and get a good quality brand. I spent almost 5 years trying to cure BV. It would go away, and then come right back. Probiotics have been the answer for me. I take them every day, and I double up when taking antibiotics for anything.”

Peacsha August 14, 2018

Cleocin Phosphate (clindamycin): “Had an infection for years clear and watery wore thru 5 heavy pads per day very bad odor. I went to gyn after gyn prescibed flagyl, metronidazole gel and clyndomycin pills for yrs nothing worked. I finally went to a female private doctor that actually knew what she was doing and cared. With no hope I filled prescription of cleocin 150mg inserts that came in pink and white box ( ***there is other cleocin medication but BEWARE it DOESN'T WORK LIKE THE PINK AND WHITE BOX CLEOCIN - DON'T LET THE DR TELL U ITS THE SAME ITS NOT GET THE PINK AND WHITE BOX*** )That very moment I used it I was cured!! After years of being on meds with no hope”

caloha February 12, 2013

“I read so many scary reviews that I was quite hesitant to take clindamycin. But, it really seemed to work with no strange side effects other than more bowel motions (but that may have also been from increasing my probiotics). Main point is: It worked for me, minimal side effects. I wish you the best of luck.”

Anonymous May 4, 2010

“I am using this medication as an alternative to Flagyl. I found out about this medication on the internet to treat trichomoniasis and it definitely beats Flagyl's metallic taste. Started working within minutes of first dose. Wish the doctor would have told me sooner. I am experiencing some mild itching and more frequency in bowel movements.”

Marro63 · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2019

“Ladies. This medication saved my vagina. I swear. I never in my life thought I would be writing reviews for medicine but here I am. Metronidazole ruined my life for a week. The oral tab was a nightmare and the gel made my bits swell up and burn so bad I couldn’t walk. I called back and requested this because I saw all the good reviews. I’m on day one and it’s already like a million times better. I gave it a 9 because I’ve now taken two doses and don’t feel 100%. But I’m hoping at the end of the 7 days it’ll be better. The only side effect of this so far is that I’m sleepy and my stomach was a little upset. Other than that, it’s a life saver!!”

Ashleycloud · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2016

“I was prescribed metronizadole for my bv. I've never had bv before in my life until June. It's already December. Metronizadole didn't work. I went back to the same doctor and then she prescribed clyinda. She prescribed 2 refils and I'm about 1 pill away from finished my first bottle and NOTHING HAS WORKED. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I am wiping the right way, I use unscented soaps, have not been sexually active since early June. I just don't know what is wrong with me. I'm considering just going to a hospital or something cause I am DESPERATE. No 19 year old should be going through this. I am not leaning towards home remedies cause I hear those just make it worse that it already is.”

MMJ1 · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2017

“I had BV for the first time. I was uncomfortable and washed 2 to 3 times a day..and would use wipes to freshen up at work . I was so scared that others could smell me My Dr. Prescribes Clindamycin suppositories for 7 days. I now feel fresh, clean and confident! No discharge, no odor at all! My pH balance is balanced! I'm wondering if anyone has smelled me before tho,....God knows I hope I'm not the girl who everyone talks about”

HappyGirlAsh June 20, 2016

“I kept going back to the doc and the always prescribe metro. It never worked! I never got any relief in the syprims,the discharge continued. I finally got check at a hospital and got prescribed this. The third day my symptoms were cleared. So happy w this medication.”

SC29605 · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2016

“I had a sever allergic reaction to flagal and never knew their was any other medicine to take for BV but so glad there is!! The flagal tasted awful and the taste stayed in your mouth forever but the Clindamycin worked great, symptoms was gone after day 2 and I felt so much better!!! This is the best thing to take for BV, I had to problems what so ever with this medicine.”

Loreal83 · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2018

“I have had bacterial vaginitis (BV) for years off and on. My symptoms when I have it are worse now (years later). I went through a course of flagyl and still didn't clear. It usually works fine...but It's so frustrating. BV comes back every other month or so. Discharge, burning aches nausea sometimes. The works! I went to urgent care and was prescribed clindamycin 300mg 2x a day for 7 days. Day 2 of the pill and it seems to be working! I pray this works. I'm so tired of all this.”

BV… again · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2014

“I have done Flagyl 4 times in the past year. Clearly, it hasn't been able to clear up my bacterial vaginitis. Trying this as an alternative. Haven't finished, but my initial impression is that it is much gentler on my stomach. I DREAD taking Flagyl, this is not bad. Slight nausea. Much better if taken with a meal.”

Too Through October 18, 2011

“Clindamycin works for bacterial vaginitis, but the side effects definitely didn't work for me. I was prescribed Clindamycin 2 per day for 7 days and on the 2nd day I developed an itch. Two days later I learned the antibiotics had given me an yeast infection, on top of the severe heartburn I was suffering from another side effect of clindamycin. It will kill the infection its prescribed for.”

glad took thi November 19, 2017

“I have taking several different medications for reoccurring BV. Clindamycin is the only med I took that worked I took 300mg four times a day 10 days I had no side effects at all. The only problem I did have was the pill is big and was hard to swallow but I took it with applesauce and no issues at all not only did I have no side effects but it was the only med that worked for me. I would defiantly use this med again. And I felt a huge difference after 1st day I used it”

Anonymous June 8, 2010

“I agree this is better then Flagyl. I started taking this today and noticed the biggest symptom improvement within a couple hours so far I am more impressed with this then the other option that never worked for me.”

Katie · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2018

“I refuse to take flagyl because it gives me the worst side effects and I feel like I’m dying LOL but I will tell you what side effects I have had with this medicine. I have had loose stool but it’s not too bad like I can deal with and I’m not in pain. I just go to the bathroom easier and I sometimes I get heartburn but it doesn’t last long. Overall this is the best medication I have taken for bacterial vaginosis. I really haven’t had too many problems, I’ve been a little tired but I’m always tired - I’m a mom LOL. I don’t see why there are so many people making bad reviews on this medicine because it’s so much better than Flagyl”

DennyP March 9, 2013

“I just started and noticed that it works faster than most other bacterial vaginitis meds but the side effects are nausea, red spots on my arm, and a little joint pain and some dizziness. I am a runner as well, I got very dizzy while running and on this pill.”

TimeWasNeverReal · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2015

“Went through Flagyl first. Didn't clear it. This worked. I don't believe I had too many side effects. Some diarrhea. Be careful though, this is powerful. I ended up with C-Diff. TAKE PROBIOTIC with this!! Florastor - I highly recommend it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2018

“I’m pregnant and was diagnosed with BV. I was prescribed this treatment and it started working hours after taking it . I noticed all of my symptoms disappearing. I am now on day three and I feel so much better!”

TreatBV · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2015

“On Day 2 of the Clindamycin Inserts and I have no side effects and my BV has already improved but will continue to take the remaining 5 inserts. The directions say each night do one insert for 7 nights.”

KatwithaK · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2019

“Was prescribed Metronidazole pills and the first day was fine- symptoms went away almost instantly, mild side effect of a bit of nausea and drowsiness. Nothing I couldn’t handle. Second day was a literal nightmare: dizziness, confusion, fever, vomiting, cold sweats. I went back to my doctor and she said we’d try the Clindamycin vaginal cream. FAIR WARNING it’s a lot more expensive than the pills. But the cramps and discharge were so bad, and there was NO WAY I was going to go through 5 more days of vomiting and utter hell. Now on the first night of the cream and so far so good. Symptoms mostly abated, no side effects at all. I’m feeling more confident this won’t have me spending the night with my head in the toilet again... so far would recommend over the metronidazole,”

1st Timer BV · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2015

“I have never had BV before but I have to admit it the medicine started to relieve all my symptoms within the first few days. I did experience nausea and chest pain sore throat but I feel like the good outweighed the bad through my treatment process I have a few more days left and I'm overall satisfied with my treatment.”

khaleesi420 May 31, 2017

“I was prescribed 300 mg twice daily for seven days to treat a case of bacterial vaginitis. It cleared up my infection within a few days, so it has definitely been effective, although I can't say that I've enjoyed taking it. The blue capsules I was given taste like a cross between bug spray and nail polish remover, and they made me gag every time. Once I actually threw the pill up, so I would suggest taking with food if you have a weak stomach. Toward the end of my prescription I noticed a slight orange/pink discharge which may or may not be a side effect of the medication. Both the discharge and the nausea may have been exacerbated by the fact that I'm currently pregnant.”

Learn more about Bacterial Vaginitis