User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Clindamycin Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Vaginitis.

Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Bacterial Vaginitis

"I was prescribed metronizadole for my bv. I've never had bv before in my life until June. It's already December. Metronizadole didn't work. I went back to the same doctor and then she prescribed clyinda. She prescribed 2 refils and I'm about 1 pill away from finished my first bottle and NOTHING HAS WORKED. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I am wiping the right way, I use unscented soaps, have not been sexually active since early June. I just don't know what is wrong with me. I'm considering just going to a hospital or something cause I am DESPERATE. No 19 year old should be going through this. I am not leaning towards home remedies cause I hear those just make it worse that it already is."

Ashleycloud (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

"I had a sever allergic reaction to flagal and never knew their was any other medicine to take for BV but so glad there is!! The flagal tasted awful and the taste stayed in your mouth forever but the Clindamycin worked great, symptoms was gone after day 2 and I felt so much better!!! This is the best thing to take for BV, I had to problems what so ever with this medicine."

SC29605 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

"I kept going back to the doc and the always prescribe metro. It never worked! I never got any relief in the syprims,the discharge continued. I finally got check at a hospital and got prescribed this. The third day my symptoms were cleared. So happy w this medication."

HappyGirlAsh June 20, 2016

"I hate taking flagyl it makes me so sick but by taking this it really cleared up most of my symptoms within days. The only side effect I got is heartburn and a bit of dizziness. I definitely recommend taking this with a meal."

Josy101 January 5, 2016

"I hope this gets posted. Norforms vaginal suppositories have cured my recurrent BV !!! I used them every other day for a month and I finally have my normal vagina back !!!"

BettyJean879749033 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2015

"I have never had BV before but I have to admit it the medicine started to relieve all my symptoms within the first few days. I did experience nausea and chest pain sore throat but I feel like the good outweighed the bad through my treatment process I have a few more days left and I'm overall satisfied with my treatment."

1st Timer BV (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

"On Day 2 of the Clindamycin Inserts and I have no side effects and my BV has already improved but will continue to take the remaining 5 inserts. The directions say each night do one insert for 7 nights."

TreatBV (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

"I was given clindamycin for bacterial vaginosis while pregnant. I had been on it once years before for something else and it made me vomit once and mildly uncomfortable the rest of the time. This time it has caused throat and chest pain and tightening, rash, horrible heartburn, and more. Doctor won't give me anything else, but I am beginning to think the BV is of less risk to baby than this is. Never again"

SofiM May 2, 2015

"Went through Flagyl first. Didn't clear it. This worked. I don't believe I had too many side effects. Some diarrhea. Be careful though, this is powerful. I ended up with C-Diff. TAKE PROBIOTIC with this!! Florastor - I highly recommend it."

TimeWasNeverReal (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

"I have seen results within the first day of using it. Flagyl causes allergic reactions to me. I would take this before Flagyl. A lot of doctors prescribe Flagyl before this for some reason."

Ann G January 22, 2015

"I have done Flagyl 4 times in the past year. Clearly, it hasn't been able to clear up my bacterial vaginitis. Trying this as an alternative. Haven't finished, but my initial impression is that it is much gentler on my stomach. I DREAD taking Flagyl, this is not bad. Slight nausea. Much better if taken with a meal."

BV… again (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2014

"I just started and noticed that it works faster than most other bacterial vaginitis meds but the side effects are nausea, red spots on my arm, and a little joint pain and some dizziness. I am a runner as well, I got very dizzy while running and on this pill."

DennyP March 9, 2013

"I read so many scary reviews that I was quite hesitant to take clindamycin. But, it really seemed to work with no strange side effects other than more bowel motions (but that may have also been from increasing my probiotics). Main point is: It worked for me, minimal side effects. I wish you the best of luck."

caloha February 12, 2013

"Clindamycin works for bacterial vaginitis, but the side effects definitely didn't work for me. I was prescribed Clindamycin 2 per day for 7 days and on the 2nd day I developed an itch. Two days later I learned the antibiotics had given me an yeast infection, on top of the severe heartburn I was suffering from another side effect of clindamycin. It will kill the infection its prescribed for."

Too Through October 18, 2011

"I agree this is better then Flagyl. I started taking this today and noticed the biggest symptom improvement within a couple hours so far I am more impressed with this then the other option that never worked for me."

Anonymous June 8, 2010

"I am using this medication as an alternative to Flagyl. I found out about this medication on the internet to treat trichomoniasis and it definitely beats Flagyl's metallic taste. Started working within minutes of first dose. Wish the doctor would have told me sooner. I am experiencing some mild itching and more frequency in bowel movements."

Anonymous May 4, 2010

"Anything beats the taste of the Flagyl pills and it really works."

Anonymous December 14, 2009