User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Clindamycin.

Clindamycin Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Vaginitis.

Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Bacterial Vaginitis

"I have taking several different medications for reoccurring BV. Clindamycin is the only med I took that worked I took 300mg four times a day 10 days I had no side effects at all. The only problem I did have was the pill is big and was hard to swallow but I took it with applesauce and no issues at all not only did I have no side effects but it was the only med that worked for me. I would defiantly use this med again. And I felt a huge difference after 1st day I used it"

glad took thi November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed 300mg twice a day for seven days and the next day it was still there so went back to the hospital and I was prescribed another three days of the same dosage. It cleared my infection and it was not awful taking it (I do not swallow pills so I chew them) - I put the powder in bread then used icing to swallow everything - the taste did remain a long time but its all because of the previous antibiotics that screwed up my tongue). The reason why I am not giving it a perfect score is because it gave me a yeast infection so more medication for me to take (another 1 for the new infection)."

shumibiggi (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Becoming more profound. I am very happy with this medicine and thankful that my lady parts are getting back to its original self. "

Bmanore81 June 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed 300 mg twice daily for seven days to treat a case of bacterial vaginitis. It cleared up my infection within a few days, so it has definitely been effective, although I can't say that I've enjoyed taking it. The blue capsules I was given taste like a cross between bug spray and nail polish remover, and they made me gag every time. Once I actually threw the pill up, so I would suggest taking with food if you have a weak stomach. Toward the end of my prescription I noticed a slight orange/pink discharge which may or may not be a side effect of the medication. Both the discharge and the nausea may have been exacerbated by the fact that I'm currently pregnant."

khaleesi420 May 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had BV for the first time. I was uncomfortable and washed 2 to 3 times a day..and would use wipes to freshen up at work . I was so scared that others could smell me My Dr. Prescribes Clindamycin suppositories for 7 days. I now feel fresh, clean and confident! No discharge, no odor at all! My pH balance is balanced! I'm wondering if anyone has smelled me before tho,....God knows I hope I'm not the girl who everyone talks about"

MMJ1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used for a night and a half before I started itching badly much worse than the BV which never bothered me. I had to use an ice pack then noticed blisters and the swelling was awful. It's morning and I will call Dr and ask if I will have to deal with this for 7 days"

Kwatt (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had BV for the past 8 months and they always prescribe clindamycin and it always came back then they gave me Metronidazole. And the smell was gone by my second pill I couldn't be more happy"

Jaybaby January 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am the type of person that HATES taking medicine. I got BV about 3 months ago and was prescribed metro. I had always suspected I had an allergic reaction to it, but figured that the cream wouldn't induce it. Boy, was I wrong. I had pain for about 2 months after initially using it (yet, it apparently cleared it up according to lab results). About 2 weeks ago, I relapsed and got BV again (30% of women will relapse after 3 months of clearing BV). I was prescribed Clindamycin orally twice a day for 7 days and wow, it cleared it right up! I started to feel better after the 4th day. I had very light side effects like a minor yeast infection and light indigestion about 20 minutes after taking my medicine. I also took 2 probiotics a day."

BvNoMore November 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had BV for years and have taken metronidazole numerous times. Even with me following specific vaginal care it still quickly came back. I literally had to use tampons on days i had no period to avoid the discharge and odor on certain days of the month when it shows up. I researched what else could help and saw clindamycin. I took 300mg twice a day for 7 days. From the first day there was 100% improvement. My side effects were minor, gassy/frequent bowel movements, throat felt different but not sore. But that was it for me. I wish i would've been prescribed this sooner."

Ladyldgd (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed metronizadole for my bv. I've never had bv before in my life until June. It's already December. Metronizadole didn't work. I went back to the same doctor and then she prescribed clyinda. She prescribed 2 refils and I'm about 1 pill away from finished my first bottle and NOTHING HAS WORKED. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I am wiping the right way, I use unscented soaps, have not been sexually active since early June. I just don't know what is wrong with me. I'm considering just going to a hospital or something cause I am DESPERATE. No 19 year old should be going through this. I am not leaning towards home remedies cause I hear those just make it worse that it already is."

Ashleycloud (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a sever allergic reaction to flagal and never knew their was any other medicine to take for BV but so glad there is!! The flagal tasted awful and the taste stayed in your mouth forever but the Clindamycin worked great, symptoms was gone after day 2 and I felt so much better!!! This is the best thing to take for BV, I had to problems what so ever with this medicine."

SC29605 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I kept going back to the doc and the always prescribe metro. It never worked! I never got any relief in the syprims,the discharge continued. I finally got check at a hospital and got prescribed this. The third day my symptoms were cleared. So happy w this medication."

HappyGirlAsh June 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I hate taking flagyl it makes me so sick but by taking this it really cleared up most of my symptoms within days. The only side effect I got is heartburn and a bit of dizziness. I definitely recommend taking this with a meal."

Josy101 January 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I hope this gets posted. Norforms vaginal suppositories have cured my recurrent BV !!! I used them every other day for a month and I finally have my normal vagina back !!!"

BettyJean879749033 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have never had BV before but I have to admit it the medicine started to relieve all my symptoms within the first few days. I did experience nausea and chest pain sore throat but I feel like the good outweighed the bad through my treatment process I have a few more days left and I'm overall satisfied with my treatment."

1st Timer BV (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"On Day 2 of the Clindamycin Inserts and I have no side effects and my BV has already improved but will continue to take the remaining 5 inserts. The directions say each night do one insert for 7 nights."

TreatBV (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given clindamycin for bacterial vaginosis while pregnant. I had been on it once years before for something else and it made me vomit once and mildly uncomfortable the rest of the time. This time it has caused throat and chest pain and tightening, rash, horrible heartburn, and more. Doctor won't give me anything else, but I am beginning to think the BV is of less risk to baby than this is. Never again"

SofiM May 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Went through Flagyl first. Didn't clear it. This worked. I don't believe I had too many side effects. Some diarrhea. Be careful though, this is powerful. I ended up with C-Diff. TAKE PROBIOTIC with this!! Florastor - I highly recommend it."

TimeWasNeverReal (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have seen results within the first day of using it. Flagyl causes allergic reactions to me. I would take this before Flagyl. A lot of doctors prescribe Flagyl before this for some reason."

Ann G January 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have done Flagyl 4 times in the past year. Clearly, it hasn't been able to clear up my bacterial vaginitis. Trying this as an alternative. Haven't finished, but my initial impression is that it is much gentler on my stomach. I DREAD taking Flagyl, this is not bad. Slight nausea. Much better if taken with a meal."

BV… again (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just started and noticed that it works faster than most other bacterial vaginitis meds but the side effects are nausea, red spots on my arm, and a little joint pain and some dizziness. I am a runner as well, I got very dizzy while running and on this pill."

DennyP March 9, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I read so many scary reviews that I was quite hesitant to take clindamycin. But, it really seemed to work with no strange side effects other than more bowel motions (but that may have also been from increasing my probiotics). Main point is: It worked for me, minimal side effects. I wish you the best of luck."

caloha February 12, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Clindamycin works for bacterial vaginitis, but the side effects definitely didn't work for me. I was prescribed Clindamycin 2 per day for 7 days and on the 2nd day I developed an itch. Two days later I learned the antibiotics had given me an yeast infection, on top of the severe heartburn I was suffering from another side effect of clindamycin. It will kill the infection its prescribed for."

Too Through October 18, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I agree this is better then Flagyl. I started taking this today and noticed the biggest symptom improvement within a couple hours so far I am more impressed with this then the other option that never worked for me."

Anonymous June 8, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am using this medication as an alternative to Flagyl. I found out about this medication on the internet to treat trichomoniasis and it definitely beats Flagyl's metallic taste. Started working within minutes of first dose. Wish the doctor would have told me sooner. I am experiencing some mild itching and more frequency in bowel movements."

Anonymous May 4, 2010