User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 214 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Sinusitis

"Had such a bad sinus infection that my right eye and face was swelling. Got 875 Augmentin twice daily. On day 2 and swelling stopped and I can see out of eye. Sore throats and nose running because my sinuses are now draining! No GI or side effects. Love it so far."

Vicksterama386969 August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I will never take this drug again. I was prescribed a 10 day/twice a day dose for a sinus infection. I took one pill. Within 4 hrs of taking the pill I was experiencing fever like chills, tingling, nerve pain in my feet and restlessness. I had nightmares and a terrible night's sleep. The worst part is the headache I can't shake and the extreme fatigue. My head feels like it's in a vice. I've done nothing but sleep all day -- only moving to take Advil which barely touches the headache. I just assume suffer through the sinus infection rather than experience the past 24 hours on this drug."

Birdy53 July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Don't ever use this, When I was 4 years old I was sick and the doctor give me augmentin. It effected me in a negative way, I used to throw up, pee (urninate) with blood, my skin was very pale and my eyes were yellow, and it caused me severe liver problems."

Nadaxx June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Every time I have had a sinus infection and been prescribed Augmentin 875 I feel so much better within a day or two"

Miss Sherry (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had sinus problems for so many years - blocked sinus, headaches, temple pressures, allergic episodes. I couldn't breathe also had sore throat. So I decided to take action for once and got prescribed for a 7 day trial of augmentin, plus 24 hour claritin and nasal spray 2 times of each nostril every 3 hours as needed. The first days where hell because of my bodies reaction to this antibiotic. Since I believe it was due to me never using any antibiotics ever.I got chills, high fevers of 102-104. weakness. bed ridden fatigue. headache. it was horrible (although this could have been symptoms of infection) I started to take Tylenol to control the fever, it was god send (Acetaminophen 500mg). I took 2 tablets every 6 hours which did the trick. But the fevers ended day 4. after everything got better after."

Luis justice 13 May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"AVOID, AVOID. I was prescribed this for what was diagnosed as a bacterial upper respiratory infection. Have never had issues with antibiotics before. Yes, it improved my symptoms from the infection....but every day, I had a POUNDING heartbeat in the mornings...and it was causing profound fatigue and weakness every day. Didn't figure it out until after I took it the morning of day 5 and did some research. I STOPPED THAT TOXIC MEDICINE then and there. It's now 48 hours after I stopped it and I still have easy fatigue and palpitations. AVOID!!!!"

JAB in Colorado May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a sinus infection and was put on augmentin for a week. I suffered from horrific headaches. I wanted someone to just knock me out because I couldn't handle the horrible headaches all day and night. My taste was affected as well. Even water didn't taste good. My stomach also affected me and I did take a probiotic. I wouldn't take this medication ever again."

JIS April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prescribed an 8-day prescription of Augmentin and I would not recommend this poison to anyone else, EVER. I wake up every day with a headache like my head is in a vice and stomach cramps that rival the pain of the sinus infection I went in for in the first place. And yes, I eat yogurt and take extra probiotics. My heart beats like a horses hooves on a racetrack and keeps me up far past any respectable time to go to sleep. I don't feel like myself at all, I'm telling you so you can run far away from this treacherous toxic substance."

Stonecoldsteveaustin April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Medication very effective for sinus infection, some doctors recommend Omeprazole for the GI effects, it reduce highly stomach pain."

Hillman1 April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Right after the first dose, I experienced the worst stomach cramps, gas, bloating...all the way into my chest. It seemed to help my sinus infection, but nothing is worth that type of pain. I couldn't keep food down, I don't have issues with acid reflux, until I started taking augmentin. I tried one more dose, before I quit and I went to my regular doctor, and he agreed that this stuff is harsh on your stomach, and changed to different antibiotic. I tried drinking a lot of water, yogurt, and I increased my intake of probiotics, but so far nothing is helping. I am hoping this horrid feeling will go away eventually."

Mimi59 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I stopped taking mine this morning, with five doses remaining.The day I began the augmentin, I experienced shortness of breath. I chalked that up to being sick. The next day of taking them, I noticed the insomnia. It was 3:30 a.m. and I thought it was 9 p.m. I was wide awake. Morning before last, I woke to find something that felt like pork fat sitting in my jaw. I pulled it out. The entire inside of my inner left cheek had peeled off and bled like mad. It is healing but eating is miserable. The final straw was, at the time my cheek peeled, I started having a left side facial tic and extreme tenderness beneath my jaw bone on that side. I WON'T be taking this again."

Jegra4355 March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I found this to be a safe and effective drug. I have chronic sinusitis. A 20 day course puts the sinusitis in remission. I also have small intestine bacterial overgrowth. While I was prescribed the medication for sinusitis, I found a spectacular improvement in my acute and chronic small intestinal bacterial overgrowth."

sinusitis/small intestines (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible, horrible experience. I'm a healthy (no pre existing conditions, exercises regularly, maintains healthy diet) female in my mid 30s. Rarely take meds, especially antibiotics, so when I do they usually work well. I was a little nervous to take augmentin because the dose was so strong, but the doc was adamant because I had a very severe sinus infection. By the third dose my whole body was reacting. No relief from the sinus congestion, horrible headache, very anxious/nervous, nightmares, night sweats, zero appetite, insomnia, blurred vision, horrible horrible yeast infection (I have never had a yeast infection in my entire life). Called the doc hysterically crying and was told to stop taking it immediately. Stay far away!!"

JennsReviews January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug was the worse. I'm still recovering. Starting taking this on 12/28 for SI. I take daily probiotics and increased them since I expected some stomach upset. At first not so bad but by Friday 12/30. The yeast infection from hell reared its ugly head. I had Diflucan on stand by just in case and took it 12/31 and stopped Augmentin altogether Nothing and normally it's hours when I feel relief. I had to get Monistat 1 on New Years to help fight it. Just got relief as of 1/4. Digestive still not normal. Never again. Unless my life depends on it."

TeePooler January 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started a 10 day regimen 3 days ago for a sinus infection but stopped today. Terrible GI reaction with diarrhea. Also now having restless legs at night."

Sarah223 December 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I loved the Antibiotic. If you take probiotics and eat yogurt you'll be fine. If you're sensitive to antibiotics and get yeast infections easily. I recommend asking you GP for diflucan 2 pills take it 2 or 3 days into the antibiotic course then on day 6 or 7."

becca313 December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would NEVER recommend this drug to ANYONE! Took 1 pill about 3 hours before bed. Finally got to bed at 3 am, and layed there for an hour with such nausea I had to get up. Tried to take some Pepto-Bismol for it and no sooner than I took it, I got violently ill! I was vomiting the rest of the night until around 6 am. I have no problem at all with taking regular Amoxicillin, so whatever else is in here, my body rejects it strongly! One minute I'd be sweating like it was 120 degrees, the next I'd have the chills so bad it felt like I was outside with shorts and a tank top on in the middle of winter (like now). NEVER AGAIN! Stay as far away from this drug as possible!"

Hezz806 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Went in to the urgent care thinking I had strep but found it was a sinus infection. Been using this for 4 days now and I thought it was helping pretty good and the pain had went away some but then now I feel like its going backwards and I keep getting ear and throat pain again but only at night and I seem to feel better during the day time."

ItsAng September 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Augmentin starting last week for a sinus infection. The first few days were fine, and I felt relief from the pressure of the infection. However, by day 5, my stomach hurt so badly, and around my body to the back. I could not eat. My stomach was rock hard and I felt so bloated. I could only suffer through day 8. I had to stop. I cannot tolerate this medication, and will never take it again."

Patricea August 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prescribed a 10 day round for sinus infection in February 2016. Immediately developed digestive issues, cramping, loose bowel movements, gas and bloating. It is now 6 months later and I am still battling the issues. Doctors first thought it was UC, but after colonoscopy now thinks IBD or IBS, maybe Celiac. I'm headed to hospital for additional testing."

KatStevens123 August 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed Augmentin 875 mg 2times a day for 10 days... I took it for 5 days and it seemed to be working to clear up the sinus infection but I had to stop taking it because it gave me the worst yeast infection I have ever had in my life. I read someone else's comments about their tongue swelling and having ulcers on it, thus is oral thrush or a yeast infection on the tongue. I had to take 7 days of diflucan and eat plain yogurt to get rid of it. And I had to stop taking the Augmentin. I tried to start back taking it in halves but the yeast infection in my mouth came back. So I had to get more plain yogurt with probiotics to get rid of it. I can not take this medicine."

Marshie August 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed Augmentin for a sinus infection. Worst medication experience of my life. I never get headaches, and after just three doses I had the worst headaches. My head throbbed. I couldn't sleep. My vision was impaired. I had excruciating stomach pains. I was far sicker than I was prior to going to the doctor. I will never take this horrible medication again. Beware of the side effects if you do."

Forever Anonymous August 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"As a sufferer of many sinus and ear infections, I knew with this 90 degree heat in ACs with poor air quality that I was going to get sick. Got sick last Wednesday with sinus issues, got worse so went to primary. Dr said didn't think I had a sinus or ear infection so told me to continue on netty pots and Sudafed 24. She did give me a prescription if I wasn't feeling better by Monday (today). After a weekend still feeling miserable, got prescription. Usually I get amoxicillin, and when looked at the script, it had amoxicillin clav so I didn't think anything of it. I pick up the script. Take pill on way to work. Sick within an hour. Googled and found was given generic of Augmentin. Never again! Threw up for an hour straight - not worth it!"

KAB1234 July 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took Augmentin for severe sinusitis, after 2 hours started vomiting it would not stop, rushed to medical centre, given an injection to stop the vomiting didn't work, vomiting continued until only bile and blood was coming out, then given Zofran wafers finally the vomiting subsided, but the stomach and chest pain continued all night. Worst experience :("

Bankstown July 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am at the end of day 3 of the medication and I can't do it anymore. The side effects are making life miserable, just in a different way than I started with. I went in because of the headache and congestion that would not respond to anything over the counter plus vertigo. The vertigo went away after the first day of meds but the headache is significantly worse. Additionally, my stomach hurts really bad and constantly feels like I have overeaten a mass amount all the time, whether I have eaten or not. I have also has some mild diarrhea. So not worth it for me!"

CaliPoppy June 16, 2016