User Reviews for Augmentin

Learn more about Augmentin.

Augmentin Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 206 medications used in the treatment of Pneumonia.

Reviews for Augmentin to treat Pneumonia

"I always get bronchitis in February. Last February was no exception but it actually went into pneumonia very quickly. Probably had something to do with fact I was moving that week...Worked too hard and got no rest. Had no choice, went to Urgent care and as I said I get bronchitis every yr. Always take Z-pack, good cough syrup and an atomizer and rest and get well. This time they gave me Augmentin. 875 mg. twice a day for 10 days and Steriod round and cough medication. Long story short ended up in ER with Jaundice. and weakness that was indescribable. Spent a wk. in hospital pushing fluids as this was a rare reaction to the Augmentin. Very scary drug. Tested me for everything. Dr was convinced that it was a reaction to the Augmentin."

Millie 7 December 6, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia two days ago. Had a fever of 102 at that point. Within two days, I don't have a fever. I am beginning to cough up the infection where I struggled before. I have to be open and add that I was also given prednisone to take. Between the two, at the end of the second day, I am beginning to feel better. Still a ways off but I feel a difference."

Crickettandweez November 16, 2013

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This worked wonders on my pneumonia. I had pneumonia for 9 days, started Augmentin, and felt great after 3 more days."

Mike Smedley May 20, 2008