User Reviews for Cipro to treat Bacterial Infection

Cipro has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Bacterial Infection. 43% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Cipro Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 1055 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Cipro

macandrea July 28, 2019

“Without a CT or any proper diagnosis of diverticulitis, based on symptoms I was prescribed Cipro twice a day for 10 days. On day 3 I woke in a panic early in the morning thinking I was dying with the worst feeling of panic and terror I have ever felt. Day 4 was worse. I looked up the side effects after the 8th pill (evening day 4) and every single bizarre symptom I was having including the panic attacks and psychiatric systems, neuropathy, major abdominal pain and worsened diarrhea were there . Terrified, I decided to stop the medication immediately. I had no idea that I had just been poisoned by a Fluoroquinolone. 2 months later I had a CT scan that said NO Diverticulitis. Fluoroquinolones are extremely dangerous, as ear drops and as pills and should be pulled off the market. Doctors who prescribe these pills that make us sick and destroy our lives don't take any responsibility or apologize or help with the multitude of side effects and permanent damage.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more February 5, 2016

“I have had bacterial & kidney infections for about 15 yrs off & on & docs have prescribed many different antibiotics to me but Cipro is the only thing that ever worked for me & is strong enough to kill the Bacteria.Cipro is my only hope once my infection starts!”

Torn tendons · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2018

“2017 FDA Black Box warning issued for Cipro and other fluoroquinolones for severe permanent tendon damage that can take months to show up! Cipro should ONLY be prescribed as a last resort drug but a lot of doctors are unaware! Beware! Read the professional prescribing info on this website for the black box warnings.”

CP1.2 · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2017

“I was diagnosed with an abdominal infection after stool testing. I took ONE pill and ended up in the ER. Within minutes of swallowing Cipro, my lips started to swell—then my eyes and whole face followed. My throat started getting scratchy so I went to the ER because I was scared my throat would swell to the point that I couldn't breathe. After this incident, I thoroughly researched Cipro and along with other drugs in its class—I will never take any of them. They are so scary. Yes, it's true that any drug can cause harm, but these drugs carry a much greater risk. Much greater.”

Moose1999 August 24, 2016

“The severe side effect after only 2nd pill of cramps in calves, legs and shoulders were not worth the medications use. Very scary. No one told me the damage could be permanent, not dr or pharmacy- this should be advised up front. Will never use again.”

msrcmw December 23, 2011

“Warnings on this drug should include avoiding fluorescent lights (as well as sunlight.) Exposure - in doctor's exam room, gave me horribly uncomfortable, itchy, unsightly rash that won't go away two weeks later.”

ryan0 April 20, 2016

“been taking antibiotics for almost 3 month now, cipro for 6 weeks for an apparently antibiotic resistant infection. started on merropenem i.v. (dont know why if its antibiotic resistant) i think doctors do whatever they can with the knowledge they have been given by these companies. which most dont even now of the side effects and say dont believe everything you read on google. but i had diarrhea straight away after the first pill (500mg) i have also had tennis elbow. yet never played any tennis or golf.i have muscular pain in my shoulder and it felt like it popped out or something almost a week ago. and only now i re read the symptoms and the reviews i see others having this problem. i dont trust pharma companies i want to stop taking now”

Golfer2 October 19, 2015

“I was prescribed Cipro for a nasty and on going sinus infection. I realized after many months of physical therapy on a bad case of tennis elbow that when I quit Cipro the tennis elbow disappeared. The side effects listed tendon problems. I believe it affected my elbow rather than other tendons.”

Blue jeans · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2021

“This was a bit scary to be on because of possible side effects but it worked. I had a severe inner ear infection for a year. It started with sinus infections, then inner ear. It went to my tonsil and adenoids. A Z-pack, then 10 days of normal antibiotics, then Cipro last. I was nauseated the first dose but ate some crackers and it settled. I followed the rules to the letter of how to take and what not to take with it. I was also on a corticosteroid so was very careful not to strain or work too hard. Had no real problems with this.”

Anonymous November 2, 2008

“It really helped my husband's lung infection. It was great!”

akasha14 February 24, 2015

“I have taken Cipro for several sinus infections. It is probably the most effective treatments you can get. I have stubborn sinus infections so many antibiotics don't work. I take the 500 mg tablet.”

neilope January 13, 2013

“It worked wonders on my bladder/kidney infection unfortunately, it returned 3 weeks later though. ”

Denniskm · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2013

“Was on Cipro for 3 days and in the hospital for 4 days. Even though the doctors at the hospital couldn't properly diagnose my condition I got better with no side effects.”

SandyDB5 · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2015

“While this stuff works to kill the infection, it is hard to keep down. I throw up every few hours on this drug. I feel queasy right now and I took cipro almost 8 hours ago.”

Roy1234 July 30, 2011

“It cleared up my swimmers ear but gave me a rash.”