User Reviews for Cipro to treat Prostatitis

Cipro has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 20 ratings for the treatment of Prostatitis. 30% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Cipro Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Prostatitis.

Reviews for Cipro

Echo56 · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2021

“I am 56 and have been on tamsulosin .4mg for 2 years with great results. After year one I needed two a day but did well. Out of nowhere the symptoms returned, constant feeling I had to go.. I went to my family Dr. and went over the symptoms. He was going to add propecia but did say it may take weeks to get relief. To be honest I have no idea how guys can stand that feeling and pain in the penis for months. Anyway he said try Cipro 500mg first for a week before the propecia so we know what helps. It may be prostatitis. I have read all the negative reviews of this drug and can only say how I did. I was prescribed enough for a week. Within 2 days I was back to normal. Symptom free, I go back in a few days to see the Dr and am not sure if he will extend it but if he does it will be fine by me. I have zero problems on this drug so far. Best move I made as to say Doc I really don't know how I can this for a month..When I did he also tried the Cipro..”

Ken · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2019

“I used Bactrim for a month for my prostatitis, but I didn't feel any better. I went to another Dr and prescribed me Cipro. It's been 5 days since I started using this medication and it seems to be working. As a side effects it gave me a diarrhea but I just ignore it, I feel much better than before.”

Doug Ott... · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2018

“I was prescribed Cipro for 45 days to combat a prostate infection. I had to stop taking it after about 40 days because I developed a dull pain with spasm in the kidney area. Laid awake last few days with odd headache and because of that discomfort. I can't attribute this change in health to anything but the Cipro. Deploying in 30 days so no time to do testing. Hoping this will go away.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2012

“Very discouraged after taking 10 days of Sulfa and 2 weeks of Doxycycline that my family doctor prescribed. Symptoms got better but never went away. Went to a Urologist and he said his first choice is definitely Cipro. Also said that Doxy is a "static" drug and WILL NOT kill the bacteria, it will only stop replication. Cipro kills it. I've also searched the web up and down for answers and almost all say it takes 4-6 weeks of taking a Cipro related drug. Finishing up week 6 of Cipro and all my symptoms are GONE and feel normal again! Going to take another week to be on the safe side. Give this time to work...it's not an overnight fix. Frustrating, but true. Also, no side effects either.”

Chris M C · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2017

“When my urologist recommended Cipro to combat my prostatitis (500mg 2x per day for 6 weeks!) I wanted to make sure long-term use was OK. So I went online....and it looked really scary! People totally slamming the drug. But I went for it anyway. Seems to have done the job I needed it to do and there are ZERO side effects. I mean ZERO. People talk about vomiting - I take the pill with or without food and not even a tiny bit of nausea. No fatigue, no aching or numbness, no appearance of tendon issues....nothing. Maybe it's just me and I know not everybody is the same but worked for me. The only reason I gave a 9 and not a 10 is because I still have a couple of days to go before I am done with the 6 week course.”

David Ako October 16, 2016

“Took this for 4 weeks I'm 46 and regularly Do some form of excersise walking etc had no noticeable side effects and after doing some research combined milking of the Prostate , 1 or two times a day for about 1 week .. five months later and all good .have had no problems since I would recommend this medication”

Tyler Dubinski · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2013

“On my fifth day of Cipro and Flomax, age 19 with severe prostatitis. Feeling very dizzy and light headed. Anxiety attacks for 30 seconds but then go away. Hopefully by the second or third week I start to feel better!”

Anonymous July 9, 2011

“Well I am 34 and have had prostatitis a few times. I have tried Doxy, Cipro and E-Mycin. The first time I took Cipro it gave me bad anxiety and the feeling of elevated pulse so my doctor switched me to Doxy which had helped me in the past. The Doxy has the least amount of side effects if you are taking for 3-4 weeks. Cipro is the stronger drug and probably will work better for prostatitis but the side effects if you get them are pretty brutal. The last time I took it in a ditch effort it gave me leg cramps and foot pain, so that was a red flag because of the black box warning. So I guess its back to Doxy. All drugs have side effects but if its was a life or death deal I would take the Cipro.”

gman123 May 8, 2016

“Cipro is horrible poison and it has had a negative impact on my quality of life. I took 500mg 2x day for prostatitis. On day 5 I developed severe fatigue, brain fog, neuropathy, severe anxiety, and blurred vision. My prescription was for 10 days but I stopped taking it that day. A few days later I developed Achilles tendonitis and was unable to walk for 3 weeks. Recovery has been slow, challenging and expensive; one year later (almost to the day) I am still not recovered although I am better. I learned a painful and expensive lesson: I will never ever again in my life take a fluoroqinolone antibiotic or blindly trust the judgment of an allopathic physician. The not-so-silver lining is it did nothing for my prostatitis.”

Bob Yingst March 30, 2017

“I was to take Cipro for a prostate problem for weeks. I took for approximately two weeks and Achilles in my left leg ruptured completely. This event has changed my life in a very negative way. In 2014 the drug description listed near the end it may weaken tendons. In 2015 the informational sheet list at the top, will cause weakness or rupture of tendons in adults over 60 years of age. In December 20, 2015 I lost my balance in my garage attic, hit my head on a rafter, knocked me out and a feel thru the Attic floor. 12' and broke my back. I now have 2 -8" rods & 8 screws. My wound on my leg still hadn't healed so in November 2016 I had the permanent stitch in my Achilles removed, it was infected.”

Chrude · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2017

“30 day prescription up to 60. After first week of mild nausea and mild diarrhea I developed a weird tightness in my right hip, severe tennis elbow and weird pain/headache behind left eye for 2-3 days, bloating, some nights unable to sleep due to insomnia and tremors/weird body vibrations, mornings were hell due to my coffee drinking and the foggy brain. Do not drink coffee while taking this! 3 weeks after stopping I still have some prostatitis symptoms but have greatly improved but the side effects from the med of muscle tightness, brain fog, foot pain, hip pain, back tightness, lack of appetite and fatigue still remain but seem to be subsiding a bit. I wish the docs would explain the meds they prescribe but I don't think they really know!”

Anonymous July 1, 2011

“Cipro cleared up my prostatitis with no side effects.”

Anonymous August 20, 2010

“I took 3 week course of Cipro for prostatitis. At first, I felt much better but as the treatment continued the symptoms seemed to return. ”

Anonymous June 13, 2011

“I went from prostatitis to tendonitis. This medicine has certainly cured my prostatitis, but my knee joints and ankle joints have been aching. ”

55TOM October 28, 2009

“No side effects, unfortunately it didn't cure my condition. Now on doxcycline, hopefully that cures this wicked infection.”

Anonymous August 12, 2010

“I took this medicine for 2 months straight. The condition fluctuated, but for the most part improved. After 2 months I stopped taking it and symptoms returned. ”

big baldy April 20, 2013

“Had allergic reaction after 4 pills. Hives, flushing, headache.”

Anonymous December 11, 2009

“Was on Cipro for 30 days. After 21 days my condition started to improve. After medication was gone my condition returned full force. Doctor put me on Bactrim DS. Hopefully it will work.”

Miquel401 May 4, 2010

“I took Cipro for a month and felt improvement, but 10 days after completing my script, the symptoms have returned. I am also on Bactrim and am hopeful to get this resolved.”

joe April 22, 2018

“I've been on it 1000mg day for 21 days, have nausea, dizziness but is working on taking away pain and pressure. I have 10 more days to go.”

Learn more about Prostatitis