User Reviews for Cipro

Cipro Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 381 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Cipro to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"This is my 10th day taking 500mg Cipro every day for a UTI. I'm laying in bed with severe pain in my lower stomach. I have noticed side effects ie lethargic, leg pain etc. I still feel like I have to urinate even though I just did. I'm still having the usual symptoms of pressure, pain, and frequency... In fact it feels worse. I have a call into my doctor, but wanted to let it run its course."

G May 3, 2018

"I'm 67 & have a sulfameth resistant UTI so my Doc next put me on cipro and after 5 days all symptoms have disappeared. I was very worried about the reported side effects but aside from some joint pain, I've had no problem. I will be completing my 10 day run of this drug to hopefully knock this infection out for good!"

Dana (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

"I took 1 Cipro 2 hours later so much pain in my stomach... I thought I would have had to go to the ER"

Stomackaxke April 11, 2018

"Horrible side effects"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

"I have had a UTI for the past four months and other antibiotics were not working. I have allergies to a lot of antibiotics and was never given Cipro before. Day 3 and UTI is gone. On my side effect I have is a sinus headache, but I will suffer through because anything is better than the pain I was having with a UTI. No stomach pain or nausea. Sometimes you have to outweigh minor side effects to the infection itself. I would definitely take again. Also, I was told the more water you drink with this the better."

Micki6147 January 27, 2018

"I took cipro for a severe UTI that did not respond to treatment with amox clav it worked quickly and no side effects, I think the horror stories on this page are the extreme reactions and not the norm. Every body is different. Worked great for me ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

"I was prescribed an injection of the drug followed by a 1 x 2 dose of tablets. I am restless, I have developed wounds on my lips and the upper skin on my lips is burned permanently, tremors in the legs and hands, no appetite.....its horrible!"

OIA January 4, 2018

"Took cipro for a UTI twice a year for a couple of years. First time got a UTI and it was gone quickly then got another 6 months later, continued frequently, the whole time acquiring other issues.. When telling my doc they said I was getting older, the issues I was experiencing weren't from drug toxicity as they weren't going to stop writing the scripts Tinitis, neuropathy, small nerve neuropathy, vicious detachment, tremendous stomach issues, insomnia, depression, loss of memory Nerve damage or neuropathy has destroyed my life. I can't pick things up anymore without pain, the burning freezing feeling in my legs, feet, hands and fingers are are so painful at this point I'm losing the battle. The HORROR continues daily . Help me !!!!! Please"

Steampunk Works (taken for 10 years or more) December 14, 2017

"I live an holistic dairy free lifestyle, while on a cruise I developed a possible bladder infection & was prescribed Cipro, I lacked awareness & did not check it out. The side effects expanded & I stopped it after 4 days. I'm left with a chest infection cough & lots of mucus & multiple other effects to long to list. This drug needs to be banned from all minor UTI & bladder infections and only used to treat extreme infections"

Live in Joy December 5, 2017

"I was prescribed this medication for twice a day for 10 days and on day 5, I had a tremor on my right hand and right after, my right arm and leg went numb. It was horrifying to experience especially because I am currently under getting a diagnosis if there being something wrong with my heart. So I didn't know if it was the pills or my heart until I started doing more research on the pill and tremors were a serious side effect. Yes I feel my UTI has gone away but I would NOT take again and I am still currently taking them but I'm going to talk with my doctor because I no longer want to use these drugs. Beside the tremor and numbness, I also became very tired, headaches, muscle pains, and nausea. Truly terrible to feel this way. I do not recommend."

KeileySJ August 16, 2017

"I am a 67 year old female with no history of UTI until last week. PA prescribed Cipro 250. I can't sleep, I am having horrible heartburn, belching & burning. I have 3 tabs left & will finish taking because has helped the UTI. But I will not take again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

"Was prescribed 6 over 3 day no appetite severe burning of my sinuses slow working"

Anonymous July 17, 2017

"I was prescribed six 500mg Cipro pills for a suspected UTI, to be taken over three days. Cipro caused me to lose my appetite."

mac808 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2017

"I started experiencing side effects right after I took my last pill. I was prescribed 500mg 2x daily for 14 days. This was the first drug my urologist prescribed for prostitis. Now 3 days later foot and leg pain. This drug should not be used as the first option. It should be used only for severe issues. I misplaced my pamphlet so I I was unaware of the dangers. It should be a requirement that a FDA black box drug should be marked on the bottle with details in the pamphlet. I would have never taken this drug had I read what the possible side effects were. Sad part know one knows how to treat the side effects and they could be permanent."

Greg L July 2, 2017

"I had a UTI with some blood showing in my urine prior to taking two 500mg Cipro tabs a day. Which I took for 3-4 days. I went for a short 1/2 mile walk. Toward the end of the walk I started limping as my right inner foot arch was becoming more and more painful to the point I couldn't walk efficiently anymore. I limped back home trying to figure out why was I having all the pain in my foot? As I didn't twist or turn it or anything like that? I stopped taking the Cipro and the tendon pain in my foot lessened each day. Cipro removed the infection, but it left me with permanent plantar fascia tendon damage in my foot. I wouldn't recommend Cipro to anyone. The first side effect listed is causes tendon damage-ruptures. Not good people/FDA."

Bill Dude June 9, 2017

"Have had serious UTI infections for almost ten years now. Cipro works great to get rid of them. But I have been prescribed it so much that I am immune to it. I have also developed a bad neuropathy in my left leg and foot that goes into my toes and hurts really bad. Started about three years ago after years of Cipro use. I read there is a lawsuit going on for Cipro and another antibiotic that I have taken for this reason, but I have not joined in the lawsuit. Use this drug with extreme caution and not for long periods of time."

Katy17 June 1, 2017

"I was lucky enough to get most of the side effects from this drug. For the first two weeks, I lost my ability to walk. My entire body went numb (including my face), I had crippling anxiety, insane nightmares, and all of my major tendons were damaged. I had so much fatigue that I slept 18hrs a day. Thankfully, I was only sick for four months, but I lost my job and had to move back in with my parents. Now, I am okay. 0/10 would recommend. Even if you don't get a reaction the first time you take it, it is NOT WORTH TAKING. My friend's achilles heels ruptured after her fifteenth round having no problems before that. Take another antibiotic or eat some garlic. I had $3000 in med bills"

MIVP (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

"I'm a 25 year old woman and I was prescribed cipro for a UTI. I got 250mg twice daily for three days. I got this yesterday and today I've taken three pills in total. I have a horrid fear of vomiting, I become suicidal when I think I'm going to be sick. So I'm very particular and paranoid about my antibiotics. I usually respond well to antibiotics but not this! I didn't vomit, thank goodness but three pills in and I'm lightheaded, light sensitive, bloated like no other, abdominal pain and kinda nauseous, itchy and muscle pain. Not to mention my anxiety is sky high! I'm writing this before my current panic attack makes me unable to write. Hope these side effects leave and don't stay! Very paranoid!"

Spooks April 5, 2017

"I had a mild UTI that I was trying to treat naturally, but it didn't go away. So, I was forced to try an antibiotic. I was prescribed Cipro for 5 days. I had no side effects at all and felt 100% by day 3. I continued taking them through the 5th day even though all symptoms were already gone."

Del1979 February 12, 2017

"This drug, like so many countless victims before me, has so effectively degraded my quality of life that I simply lack words to describe how important it is to be cautious before consumption of this deadly poison. I had a simple UTI at the age of 17; two weeks later my head began to throb and tingle. My hands were in so much unexplainable pain. I had never experienced anything like this at all before in my life. Also, I had just recently triumphed over a five year battle with anorexia, going from 76 lbs to 105lbs - looking forward to a healthy future. Now, I experience this nonstop, chronic pain all over my body. I am only 18. Definitely a 0.5 out of 10, to be quite honest with you lot."

Jaina Sedek February 1, 2017

"Despite all the side effects that are plaguing other users, I believe Cipro is worth a try - it is the most effective antibiotic I have been prescribed for UTI, and I experience little to no side effects. The only time I tried to take Macrobid, I experienced fever, nausea, muscle pain, dizziness, and had to call in sick to work last-minute because I'd slept through the whole day prior. So considering alternatives, I trust Cipro for MY use."

SavSav January 23, 2017

"Terrible fatigue and dizziness. Stomach cramps"

VLM-53 January 18, 2017

"I was panicked reading all these reviews but it worked great for me and got rid of my Uti after 3 other useless antibiotics. Bit of usual antibiotic side effects eg stomach pain but nothing really bad and nothing that lasted."

Katiekatt (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

"I had UTI two years ago, I had prescribed myself Cipro. It was very painful UTI. I felt better within less than 24 hours. CIPRO is amazing antibiotic for UTI. I never had any side effects. Reading others experience is scary. I am currently on cipro again since yesterday because I have UTI again. 500 mg every 12 hours. I had 3 pills so far. No noticeable side effects. If don't feel improvement yet. I hope my UTI clear up completely by end of the treatment course (5 days)."

Big beast (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

"I get chronic UTI's and kidney infections. I recently found out that my chronic infections have led to scarring of my left kidney and both ureters so I go in for a cystoscopy and Videourodynamics in December. Cipro is the only thing that works for me. It works fast too. I usually get bad headaches with this medicine, but I am prone to headaches as well...lucky me. I always make sure I take good probiotics when I am on this medicine to replenish the gut flora. Bactrim is weak and never works...Cipro is the only thing that works for me and my body. Everyone's body is different so do your research and talk to your doctor about your concerns."

Annie BananaHead November 17, 2016