User Reviews for Cefuroxime

Also known as: Ceftin, Kefurox, Zinacef

Cefuroxime Rating Summary

5.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 123 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Cefuroxime to treat Bronchitis

"I get bronchitis every year and so I can see it coming a mile away. I have routinely been prescribed a Z-Pack which clears me up on Day 3 of 5 if not earlier. For some reason, this time, a different doctor from the same practice prescribed Cefuroxime Axetil 250 mg x2 daily for 10 days. I went backwards before forwards, it took several days to clear me (even though I got it treated early as usual), and left me lethargic....more so than the shortness of breath itself. Maybe the doctor was concerned that the Z-Packs would start to lose effect for me but I will take that chance in the future."

Patrick M (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2017

"Was prescribed this with prednisolone for bronchitis while on a work trip. Worst experience ever. After three days, continued with a fever, chills, non productive cough, and an increasing tightness in my chest. Turns out, the prednisolone was masking an allergic reaction to this drug, though I had never had any prior reaction. Within 10 hours of the final dose of prednisolone, full blown anaphylaxis set in, along with an obvious trip to the ER, and wound up contracting pneumonia from all the fluid buildup from the reaction. Now I'm left with steroid and rescue inhalers, a different antibiotic, a prescription antihistamine until this stuff is fully out of my system, and a set of epipens to carry around if this ever happens again."

Anonymous December 18, 2017

"I took this medicine at night and when I got up in the morning my lips had a white film on them and I pulled it off. I looked in the mirror and there was this white film on and inside my mouth.There was a thick coating on my tongue that resembled spongy like material. I stopped taking the medicine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2015

"One of the best antibiotics for me... I was amazed how well it worked. Down side: taste is horrible but that's probably why it's so good. My side effects were plentiful but the risks outweighed the bad... My biggest side effect was nausea and vomiting there were lots of moments I had to run to a bathroom or get out of a moving vehicle.... With all that, I'm still grateful. I was sicker then ever before. I slept last night fully for the first time in almost 3 weeks... If like me one of your symptoms are no appetite either force feed yourself or find an alternative with your doctor. I'm sure being able to eat would've helped ease my stomach. Feel better. Had some dizziness and vaginitis.."

Bronchitis :( (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

Ceftin (cefuroxime): "I started taking Ceftin for Bronchitis and I felt better within 2 days. I stayed on it for 6 weeks and my sinus condition and ETD symptoms went away after 4 years. This was a miracle for me."

CathyA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2012

"After 4 days of a ten day treatment plan, I developed vaginal bleeding. I not prone, nor have I ever experienced bleeding between periods. Dizziness, lack of ability to concentrate."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2012

Ceftin (cefuroxime): "After taking Ceftin (Cefuroxime) for 3 days, my throat swelled and my chest became more constricted. It felt as though I could not swallow well. I was dizzy, and anxious. I consulted the pharmacist who told me to take a Benadryl and if I didn't improve quickly, to get myself to the hospital. Within 5 minutes of taking the Benadryl I could feel my throat relaxing. After relating this situation to my daughter, she told me she had a similar experience with this drug when it was prescribed for her a year ago. "

sammeesue October 25, 2009

"I had sinusitis, bronchitis and pink eye... After two doses(500MG) I was feeling good. I will finish all 14 pills of course."

Sickal May 21, 2008