User Reviews for Cefuroxime

Also known as: Ceftin, Kefurox, Zinacef

Learn more about Cefuroxime.

Cefuroxime Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 384 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Cefuroxime to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"I came down with a UTI on 4/1/17. My Primary Care Provider couldn't get me in so I ended up going to Urgent Care on 4/6/17 as I couldn't stand to suffer any longer. (I have compromised kidneys so nearly every time I get a UTI it develops into a kidney infection) The Urgent Care doctor prescribed me Cefuroxime. I was surprised when I picked it up from the pharmacy because it wasn't the same anti-biotic that I normally get prescribed for my UTI/kidney infections. Today is 4/10/17 and I still feel absolutely awful. It seems to be having no effect. I'm used to feeling better relatively quickly with the other antibiotic that I'm normally prescribed. I guess I'll be heading back to the doctor this week!"

RizzoDizzo April 10, 2017

"No effect on UTI"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Omg this is the worst antibiotic ever I almost finished a whole two weeks supply and felt no better I've been back too the doctor 3 times since using this antibiotic it did nothing for my pain or me hopefully sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim works better"

Helpful tips March 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had a normal UTI was prescribed Bactrim. After 4 days I started to get a 102 fever with backache. Went to ER and was prescribed Ceftin. Feel much better although my tummy is making all kinda noises and very loose stools."

AlimaS June 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered pain in my abdomen and back portion. It was diagnosed that I have urinary tract infection. My doctor was advised to take cefuroxime axetil 500mg 2 x a day good for 7 days. The pain was over even after took taking 1 tablet. It's nice no side effects I have felt while I took this medicine until I finished in 7 days."

Danilo A. Cadog (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ceftin (cefuroxime): "Have chronic Lyme disease - causing depressed immune function. Ceftin eliminated my urinary tract infection in one week without any side reactions. Felt better after first dose. Love this medication!"

Lymie (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"10 days ago, I was diagnosed with urinary tract infection and was prescribed cefuroxime axetil 500 mg 2 x a day. After the first capsule, the severe symptoms of infection were gone. Although I've experienced light headedness and some anxiety after the morning dose, I think, it's worth it compared to the pain and anxiety experienced during the infection."

Bobbie B. September 5, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm in the last couple of days of a 10-day prescription for cefuroxime (Ceftin) to treat acute prostatitis and mild bladder infection. The pain and discomfort subsided 3-4 days after beginning treatment. I've been managing the loose stool problem with multiple small portions of yogurt during the day. I'm also experiencing mild irritability and anxiety while taking the drug, a fair trade-off compared to my symptoms before starting treatment."

Andrew P. July 1, 2008