User Reviews for Cefuroxime to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Also known as: Ceftin, Zinacef

Cefuroxime has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. 64% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Cefuroxime Rating Summary

7.4/10 average rating

Compare all 597 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Cefuroxime

Priscilla Dearing · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2014

Ceftin (cefuroxime): “I'm currently being treated (with Ceftin) for a chest infection. I had been coughing & try as I might, couldn't bring up all the stuck mucous in my chest & throat. After one pill, the phlegm was loosened & there was a dramatic decrease in my coughing. Plus, I've had ZERO side effects! : )”

The Big Irish Guy · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2014

“Prescribed to me for 14 days for a sinus, throat and lung infection that I was battling for 4 weeks without any relief through natural home remedies. Started to unclog the sinus within 72 hours, and began to be able to clear nose and chest through productive cough and sniffing inward to expel the phlegm. Drink plenty of water and eat/drink plenty of probiotic yogurt to avoid the associated diarrhea and stomach issues that can start. Works great. Found it better than Levaquin and without the severe tendon pain/ripping that was caused in my calves when sleeping. ”

Tee February 27, 2020

“I've been fighting a bad infection in my sinuses and chest for 3 weeks. I'm on day 2 of this drug and coughing up mucus now and hoping this is normal. I feel a lot better and can breath while lying down. What a relief!”

Osama Yomama March 26, 2019

Ceftin (cefuroxime): “Very gentle antibiotic for me. With every other kind I've taken, on the first dose, I expect it to feel like it "hit bottom" in my stomach. This one did not make my stomach upset one bit. A surprise. Had a cold for 1.5 weeks and it came back a few days later (after some sinus pains) Sinuses opened up and a torrent of mucus poured down my throat, caused laryngitis. was getting worse so I decided to suck it up and take these. I was VERY apprehensive at first because I think antibiotics should be a last resort. I have a trip abroad coming up so, no time to be sick. Started working the day I took it. It is now day 4 on them and my voice came back. I've been sipping kefir and taking a probiotic between doses. I don't know if this will cause a yeast infection, but I still might take a fluconazole after my prescription is finished if I feel ANY hint of discomfort. So far so good though. Penicillins usually give me instant vaginal yeast infections! Cleared my cystic acne too!”

Anonymous February 12, 2016

“I have an upper respiratory infection I have been on this medication for 3 full days so far and my fever is gone and my cough is a lot better. it's definitely effective the only problem is the side affects are awful! I'm extremely dizzy and have real low energy. This stuff works but it sucks the life out of you.”

Martin · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2020

“I was prescribed cefuroxime for a swollen throat and post nasal drip problem that I had been suffering for more than 30 days. I was prescribed 500mgs, twice daily, for 10 days. After reading some of the other reviews I decided to take a probiotic pill after the first pill and a probiotic yogurt after the second pill. I took the probiotics two hours after taking each pill. It worked perfectly. I had no side effects whatsoever except for a small headache the second day. I found the large pill a little hard to swallow so I simply split the pill in half and took each half with food. I did not find the taste of the pill as bad as others reported. After seven days I discontinued the drug as it did not seem to solve the problem. I am certain others users may have a different outcome so I will not give the drug a bad rating. I just wanted to report how well I tolerated the drug without side effects. Hope this helps someone else. Good Luck !!”

Qtpie April 24, 2018

“I had the worst case of tonsillitis (pain and swelling had me in tears) cough green mucus red eyes and a terrible flu and upper respiratory tract infection with cough. I had been to the ER several times to no avail because they kept saying it was viral. I went to the ER a third time and the doctor that time prescribed me this medication that saved me. Penicillin did nothing for me but this medicine worked. Bad taste and diarrhea were my side effects for 7 days.”

rxconsumer · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2020

“LUPIN manufactured cefuroxime 250 mg tablets are the WORST tasting tablet!!!!! DO NOT have your pharmacy fill the script if it is manufactured by LUPIN. When you place the tablet in your mouth (not your tongue), it leaves a bitter aftertaste. It is terrible. I started vomiting.”

Howdd November 27, 2016

“On the 2nd day taking it, woke up in the morning my left ankle felt like I got arthritis. My left foot is swollen cant even stand on left foot. Today is the 3rd day and thinking to stop it if my left feet getting worse”

Anonymous February 24, 2011

“I've used this and in 2-4 days it helps you greatly, and I have COPD.”

hisham zagloul February 13, 2014