User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Cephalexin Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 89 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Cephalexin to treat Bladder Infection

"I have urine infection with pain and blood . Doctor gave Keflex 500mg 3 times per day on 7 day course. After the third tablet on first day, the pain is almost gone and there is no more blood. Very happy and will continue to finish the whole course 7 days. Keflex works very well for me."

JenTan December 9, 2016

"Started keflex oral 10ml 3x per day for 7 days. On day 3 now and almost symptom free! So far no side effects - hope it stays that way! If you can't swallow pills like me or if pills don't agree with you, try the liquid. Mine is flavored!"

kohta (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

"Commonly known as Keflex. I had burning when urinating, urgency, retention, bloating and went to the ER. The ER MD diagnosed me with bladder cystitis (progression from a run-of-the-mill UTI from -regretfully- ignoring the symptoms). I was prescribed 500MG Keflex 4 times a day, 2000MG/2G daily. Never took Keflex before, but I know it's been around a while, and works wonderfully. This is actually my first day (second dose in). I already feel a difference. It's true - this drug does make you sleepy (for some odd reason). I have not felt nauseous yet. Must take this with food, as always with any antibiotic - plenty of water too. Smells like rotten eggs, so toss it back and swallow."

Kristen the Nurse (: (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

"Cephalexin is the only anti biotic that clears UTI'S for me. The GP's always tell me to try others but inevitably just prolong my infection until I finally get cephalexin. No noticeable side effects for me and always do the job. I literally cry with relief when I get these as I know within 24hrs I can get on with my life!"

Amanda4343 November 7, 2016

"Keflex works on me for UTI/bladder infections, but it gives me frequent diarrhea and makes me exhausted! I also get really bad dry mouth while taking it, too."

a_detar September 26, 2016

"I am 9 weeks and was prescribed Keflex. It has worked, however I have also had major diarrhea everyday. Other than that, no other side effects for me.."

Shenata123 September 9, 2016

"I have been on these antibiotics for 5 days now and so far so good in clearing the infection of cystitis. I am no longer in agony, however, i starting getting diarrhea straight away which has lasted so far the 5 days. Rumbling in my stomach and also then very bad wind and burping which smells very much like eggs. Not the best side effect for anyone around."

Smellyeggyfartypants June 24, 2016

"I treated my UTI successfully during the pregnancy .I did not have side effects"

lena007 June 8, 2016

"I took cephalexin 500 for ten days following a 5 day stay at my local hospital (with IV antibiotics) for a bladder infection. It did nothing for my infection. But I did get a few nasty side effects. Diarrhea, nightmares, and muscle pain. This medication did not work for me."

AliciaV May 12, 2016

"I felt a UTI along with blood in my urine coming on right after I returned from vacation and contacted my doctor at 8am, he prescribed me Cephalexin 500mg 1 pill 3 times a day I started at 10am and by the end of the day the blood was gone and the pain substantially subsided. I'm still having the urination urges but I'm on the meds for 10 days total. I'm pretty confident it's gonna get the job done completely. I hate UTIs and don't get them frequently but if I get another I definitely would take Cephalexin again"

Dee Reyes (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

"The medication did not improve the symptoms significantly until day 3 of taking it."

YaelV February 26, 2016

"My symptoms : Strange pain at the tip of urethra (only at the end of my urination) and sudden increase in frequency of urination. Treatment: After three days of pain went to doctor she recommended cephalexin twice a day for 7 days (plus plenty of water !) Effects: Pain started to reduce within 2 days. Frequency is reducing slowly. This medicine definitely works!"

shivarni December 31, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin): "Keflex treated my bladder infection successfully with no noticeable side effects, and was also very affordable."

frances123 (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

"Seemed to work a little at first with the cramps fullness but then the third day my frequency came back with a vengeance. Had to pee about 40x during the night didn't get any sleep. Worst bladder infection I've had ever and haven't had one in 10 years. I am 13 weeks pregnant so doctor just switched me to another safe pill today. Hopefully this one will wok!"

Boese7 November 15, 2015

"I get UTI's every other month, due to an autoimmune disease. Nothing works well for me except Cephalexin 500 mg by Lupin, two per day for 5 days. No side effects at all, but some reviews here list 4 times daily. I wouldn't ever take that much, because it isn't necessary for me."

TexasLiz7 September 17, 2015

"Doctor gave me this after frequent super painful UTIs and it works so fast! This is a great medication."

Anonymous September 9, 2015

"Taking Keflex for a possible uti, 500mg 4x's a day for 7 days. Within 15 minutes of taking pill I get severe indigestion & heartburn. I already suffer from gerd & this makes it ten times worse. I have also had mild itching & blurry vision. I have 27weeks pregnant so there's not a lot of antibiotics out there that are safe to take so I guess I'm going to going to try & stick it out & finish it even though the heartburn is so bad I want to stop."

Anonymous August 21, 2015

"I am 15 weeks pregnant and got my first bladder infection of the pregnancy, and hopefully the last as I'm sure I know what caused it. My OB prescribed Cephalexin 500mg twice a day for 7 days. I took my first dose last night. I took it on a somewhat empty stomach but because I was going to sleep didn't think too much of it. I woke up feeling a little dizzy and nauseated but already NO pain with urination! I'll just make sure to take it with food from now on. Overall this is a great antibiotic for me, someone who is pretty sensitive to medications."

Drs2489 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2015

"Works sooo good! Had a UTI and after 2 days of taking it it went away and even cured some other things! Glad they recommended me these."

jazzb July 16, 2015

"Given these 500g x3 times a day capsules at the same time of suffering horrendous morning sickness. They smell horrendous and I threw up ten minutes after taking one and it burned the back of my throat and absolutely stunk making me feel even worse. They seemed to clear up my bladder infection after two days but I'm counting down every last tablet as they are huge. But yeah they are good if you don't mind taking huge tablets."

First time user (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin): "Cystitis for what seems forever. Take Keflex 500mg. when an attack occurs. Told later by chemist who knew how often I get Cystitis, could go on preventative 250mg. daily so saw Dr. who said OK. After being months free, Dr.said no, go off it for a while. Three weeks later, worst dose of Cystitis ever. Luckily have Keflex on hand so along with Ural, will be seeing Dr. very soon. What's the risk of being on a preventative dose every day?"

ms. ng (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin): "Prescribed by ER doc for bladder infection. It's giving me dry mouth, diarrhea and bad gas but it's tolerable. Drink lots of water right after you take it."

RZMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2015

Keflex (cephalexin): "I have suffered with reoccurring bladder infections or symptoms of bladder infections for the past 7 years without any relief up until this past April 2014 when I was referred to a specialist by my urologist who himself could not help me. I was prescribed Keflex by this specialist and it has seemed to be the miracle I have been needing up until a month ago when my symptoms reappeared. Not sure if my body has become immune to the Keflex but I am back suffering with on again off again symptoms making my life miserable."

LeeLee123 December 1, 2014

"I'm 24 weeks an 4 days pregnant.. My doctor prescribed me this medicine.. I haven't had any side effects.. I'm on the 4th day of taking it.. Everything going good..The only bad thing is the smell, I about get sick because of it."

Tay94 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2014

"Cephalexin made me sick. Might change to something else."

leca January 25, 2014