User Reviews for Cephalexin

Also known as: Biocef, Daxbia, Keflex, Keftab, Panixine, Zartan

Learn more about Cephalexin.

Cephalexin Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 860 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Cephalexin to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Keflex (cephalexin): "Keflex is the greatest , I have been using it for 50yrs, until recently some people have polluted doctors minds that antibiotic use can be bad I,ve used it for 50 years it has saved my life more than once,recently my doc of 50 yrs retired,and I had to get another doc,its one of those that go by the stupid books,most are garabge,now I cannot get this medicine no more,so I have been sick now for 3months thanks to these idiots that don't have a clue what they are talking about."

patti benninghoven (taken for 10 years or more) December 30, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hello guys! So I went to a local urgent care place on Saturday complaining about headache, chest congestion, cough, runny nose, and sneezing. I informed the doctor on duty that I've already taken my flu shot and I really don't think what I have is the flu. So after the typical check up, he diagnosed me with acute bronchitis/sinusitis and prescribed me Cephalexin 500mg 2xday for 10 days, today is my third day taking the meds and I feel better already. Not to mention, I think I might've had a vaginal bacterial infection or uti and that has cleared as well. Definitely killed 2 birds with 1 stone. Ohh...and the Dr. gave me a prescription for an extra 10 days...definitely will be saving them! Although it's not recommended, I'll use them again!!"

OneSickGirl December 13, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"As someone who has suffered with chronic bronchitis most of my adult life, have used CEPHALEXIN for these URTI for years, it has & is working for me when things looked really bad; usually in just a few days I am on the mend and with in a week or so the nasty cough is gone. The stuff saved me from being admitted into the Hospital yet once again."

Texas42 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 12, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Keflex (cephalexin): "The only antibiotic that promptly and consistently resolves my chronic bronchitis."

JRLesq April 28, 2015

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 34 weeks pregnant and I was prescribed Cephalexin to treat both my urinary tract infection/Bronchitis. I've taken the medicine for 5 days now and although my UTI has cleared up my lungs still sound horrible and I still have a nasty cough."

Pregnant Nurse (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After suffering with a respiratory tract infection for well over a year(which doctors kept swearing was viral and nothing they could do except refill my athsma meds since the coughing fits caused athsma attacks) I was actually prescribed this for a urinary tract infection in early pregnancy and my respiratory tract infection is almost non existent after 3 days!"

Reyna del Reyes January 19, 2015

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Works great!"

Woo hoo June 10, 2013

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine work great. Had to take it twice a day for one week"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2012

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After just the 2nd day my energy levels increased dramatically. I was being treated for bronchitis and was also prescribed an inhaler and cough syrup. All three helped my congestion and after about the 4th day I stopped waking up to hacking fits. I would suggest eating something light before taking it because it did make me nauseous."

GreenJewel1989 January 5, 2012

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Keflex (cephalexin): "Unfortunately, did not help 4 year old with chest infection. "

Anon99 July 4, 2011

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Awesome – back from the dead after only the 2nd day. Great stuff"

Anonymous May 28, 2010

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had so many problems and my doctor didn't know what was wrong with me until I went to the Phillipines and doctor prescribed cephalexin. All the problems I had seems t have disappeared. I wish I got that medicine before. I feel great."

howe September 15, 2009

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Keflex (cephalexin): "Horrible, did not work at all on my husband's bronchitis and his bronchitis turned into pneumonia."

Anonymous September 3, 2009

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this drug and it cleared up my problem in just 3 days."

Anonymous February 28, 2009