User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa Pak, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doryx MPC, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, ...show all 26 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 27 medications

Lyme Disease, Arthritis 1 reviews 35 medications

Gastroenteritis 1 reviews 21 medications

Summary of Doxycycline reviews 792 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Amoxicillin was taking long time to clear the chest/throat infection so doctor swapped to doxycycline. Within 2 days noticeable difference infection already clearing but felt exhausted, spaced out then had quite a startling amount of blood in my stools. Was told by doctor to stop taking immediately "

CB11 March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have been taking doxycycline for over a year now, and this medicine works wonders! For me, I had mild/severe cystic acne on my forehead and after taking doxycycline for 3 months at 50mg a tablet once a day my forehead was cleared! BUT, once my forehead was cleared I stopped taking the medicine which was a big mistake. My cystic acne came back but 20x worse on my cheeks! My doctor started me back up on the doxycycline at 100mg a tablet morning and night. This time it took me about 6 months to see results because of the severity of my acne. So, don't expect immediate results within weeks of this medication give your skin some time! Plus, you need to eat before taking this pill trust me! Overall, no crazy side effects for me!"

jadabay March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Used doxycycline for mild acne, was not cystic or inflamed, just white heads and lots on forehead around chin and back. As soon as I started taking this medication I broke out on my chin, cheeks and jawline worse than I ever had before. My acne on my forehead seems to have flattened and is less red, but overall my acne became worse than it ever has. I have red scars and clusters of deep, painful pimples all along the base of my cheek that I have never experienced before. Looking back, my skin was better without this medication and I wish I had never tried it. Major regrets."

karoline15 March 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "This medicine worked WONDERS! Within the first month of taking it I went from 1-2 new pimples a day to 1-2 pimples PER MONTH if that!! Even the old marks/scars began to fade. Love it"

Kira718292 March 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea: "I was 49 and I still believe it's an internal issue as I was on Doxycycline 50 mg. twice a day with soolantra at night ( thin application) I decided to try and ween off my treatment, that lasted about a week and the p&p's came right back and so did the redness. I went back to my laser doc and did 2 sessions of Excel V beam and 50 mg. of Doxy 2 times a day, soolantra at night, added eating raw sauerkraut almost daily for the massive amounts of probiotics and mega vitamin C from fermented cabbage for my gut flora. I gave up excess sugar completely (cookies, muffins etc.., gave up alcohol too 100%. I am taking Rosadyn also. I am not endorsing, just sayin. One full month with no p&p's no redness, skin texture much better. Good luck."

Still anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "3rd day of this medication and I'm having itchiness around my eyes and all over my face. "

Annaaaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Lyme Disease: "I was prescribed 1-2 months of doxycycline to treat my Lyme Disease. The first 2 weeks I was very nauseous, even when I took it with food. DEFINITELY TAKE DOXYCYCLINE WITH FOOD. After 2 weeks my body adjusted and I felt better. The doxycycline made me feel bloated and tired the whole course, but it's totally worth it to be Lyme free. I have one week left in my course so I do not know for sure if it worked, but it worked for my brother who took the same med for the same reason a few years ago."

Abby C March 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Seemed to have no effect on my URTI. No sickness from this antibiotic but I experience head pressure."

NikandDee March 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Do NOT go on this drug!!! Antibiotics are NOT the cure for breakouts! The ONLY thing that works is Accutane, and it should be the ONLY thing that people try for breakouts. Doxy made my skin significantly worse! I've been on it for almost five weeks and I'm still getting new breakouts every day - and they have been taking forever to go away!!! Doxy also made my face red and super oily (and I have dry, sensitive skin!). I lost my appetite/experiences nausea on this stupid pill. Also, Doxy will do NOTHING for folliculitis. If you have folliculitis, ask your dermatologist for a topical solution. Please, take my advice, and never ever go on this!!!!"

Doxy Ruined My Skin! (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Ok first off whoever said to take with milk is a idiot. Taking too much calcium with this medicine as it bonds and makes the drug useless. Always take with food the medicine will not make you nauseous. On day 3 of the 10 day course I still feel like rubbish and coughing regularly. But I can see improvement this was my 2nd course of medicine as the first failed. Despite what the person said about pnuemonia DON'T stop taking this as is usually one of the medicines you would take paired with something else to treat pnuemonia. If you stop taking a medicine and the infection comes back it will then be immune to the drug and all its brothers and sisters. " food for though""

Not a idiot March 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "This medication is awesome! I have been dealing with awful hormonal acne around the mouth area and sometimes a spot or two on my cheeks for years and two weeks into this prescription my acne has completely cleared up (knock on wood). I am so pleased with my skin at the moment since it has never been so clear before especially this shortly after adding a new prescription into my regimen."

Maddi12 March 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "My acne cleared up over a couple months, but after I finished the course, my digestive system was destroyed. For four years I struggled to figure out what was wrong with me, I was plagued by brain fog, poor memory, and low energy levels after eating certain foods. Turns out, the doxycycline decreased my gut motility, killed off a large percentage of my good bacteria, and ultimately I developed something called SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). I'm currently being treated for SIBO, but I will likely never be able to properly digest gluten or dairy again and I'm only 20 years old. Trust me when I say that taking this for acne is not worth it under any circumstance. Diet is a much better option."

Destroyed my digestive system. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Lyme Disease: "It's been 11 days in droxycycline for lymes and I notice a difference in my bones burning. I've suffered for 3 years not knowing what was wrong with me always down and drained. I'm hoping these results after 11 days only keep getting better."

Kitty licker March 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I've been on Doxycycline for 2 months now and I haven't seen improvement. My acne around my mouth and chin have gotten worse. Mind you, my forehead is pretty clear. My acne has left dark spots that won't disappear. It's now painful cystic acne instead of small pimples. I am not impressed and hoped to switch medication once finished with this bottle."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "I have taken doxy before and was fine both then and now .I was taking it for a sinus and lung infection. I have no complaints as long as I stick to the instructions . ALWAYS drink A WHOLE GLASS OF WATER (250 ml's +) with the dose . avoid dairy foods and avoid anything high in metals iron, magnesium, zinc etc. DON'T lie down for at least 20 minutes after . no side affects ."

kittos (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I had an upper respiratory infection. It worked in clearing things up, but I experienced many side effects which included nausea, dizziness, lightheaded, pressure in the head and vomiting every time I took my prescription. I took my prescriptions with food and water and followed directions by the book. It seems to have many benefits but some of the side effects are not fun to say the."

Old Greg March 2, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Started taking these at lunch time. By night time, the pain I previously experienced in my urinary tract had subsided a great deal. Had me cured by the end of my treatment. Didn't experience any headaches or stomach problems. Top notch."

smartperson (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "TAKE WITH FOOD (or a glass of milk) and do not lie down!!! I made the mistake of taking one without food and had the severe nausea that so many people mention here. Once I realised my mistake I had a piece of toast and the nausea disappeared almost instantly. The Information leaflet also says to stay in an upright position for 30 mins after taking. When I forgot this and lay down straight after I ended up with heart burn. As for the effectiveness, it doesn't hurt to breath anymore and my chest does feel a lot better. I've still got a productive cough though so I'm not sure that 7 days worth is enough, but I'm a lot better than I was this time last week."

TAKE WITH FOOD (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Had perfect skin until I was 27, so then I started using prescribed face wash and topical creams with no result. October 2015 I tried the fractional laser and it worked miracles on me, perfect flawless skin, no spots or acne.. 6 months later I started developing a hyper-pigmentation, and slowly all the acne was back and got even worse than it was.. doctor put me on Doxy 100mg/day for 4 months, I didn't see much of an improvement, acne almost gone but the dark spots didn’t, and on 4 months mark! I had a savage breakout!! Intense acne leaving marks.. I felt like a monster.. now put again on Doxy 100 and Diane 35 for 6 months.. and I'm on the 2nd week of the treatment, having a whiteheads and itching rash.. I’m really desperate.. hope it works this time.."

Anonymous2732 February 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Today I'm starting Doxycycline. I was prescribed it because of my cystic acne that only developed because of my Birth control I was on. I had the arm implant. The worst decision of my life. I will check back in in 2 weeks to let you know how it worked for me. Please take with food or else it will cause stomach aches."

cynmonique February 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "This medicine will hurt your stomach at first. It is the first two weeks for me and the acne has gotten got much much worse and I'm wondering when I will see improvement"

Joey B (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Given doxycycline 3 days ago. Nausea straight away got worse 3days in and bad stomach pain. Severe nausea. Coating on teeth etc etc . Will never take again"

fishman in sunderland (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "I was prescribed this medication along with benzonatate for bronchitis. It says to take on an empty stomach. Which is crazy it made me extremely sick and vomited. Definitely take it after eating. Took about 3 days to improve my condition."

Ricky619 February 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chlamydia Infection: "After 1 week of anal pain that I thought was a fissure I decided to go to a clinic for follow up. Lo and behold, swaps came back positive for chlamydia. (Ironically slightly relieved given the healing time of a fissure) After two days of the doxycycline I felt mild pain when passing a stool. 4 days later about 10% of the pain remained. 7 days later, assymptomatic. Side effects included; very mild dull headache about 3-4 hours after tablet, very loose stool throughout the entire course of administration, bloating (caffeine, lactose mainly), sunburn after 30-40 mins in direct sunlight. Despite these mild concerns the medication was perfect, I have almost no post treatment side effects. Try a daily clove of chopped garlic with it"

0000000000007 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "I was put on this medicine post abortion, and I regret ever putting this medication in my mouth. I was sick as a dog thru my pregnancy and just couldn't wait for it to be over. After going thru the procedure I thought finally a sigh of relief. Wrong. I didn't feel awful the first day so I skipped the meds since I was already thru enough. The next day I did what the Dr said n took it on a full stomach. All the sudden I started to get cold and I couldn't do anything to get myself warm. I was thinking how am I ever going to make it thru work. All the sudden I got nauseous and I'm like oh no here we go again I thought I wasn't pregnant anymore. I was cold all night with the shakes and a major headache. I refuse to take these meds again."

Noneyabiz (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017