User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa Pak, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doryx MPC, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, ...show all 26 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 27 medications

Lyme Disease, Arthritis 1 reviews 35 medications

Gastroenteritis 1 reviews 21 medications

Summary of Doxycycline reviews 748 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Acne: "I took doxycycline for about eight months. It was working great and significantly cleared up my face (though not completely). My doctor took me off it because you can develop a resistance to it over time and it also makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight (although I felt at that that point it was still working fine). Now about two months after being off it my acne has come back with a vengeance, it's almost as bad as it was before I took it. It is soul crushing to look into the mirror and see your skin become worse again. Before you take it it is important to realize it is only a temporary fix and to be prepared for it to come back after you stop taking it. O acne thou hell o' a' diseases"

Allnicknamesareinuse January 16, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "Taking doxy for rickettsia. I feel like crap, no energy, nausea, depression . Anyone else get these symptoms?"

Desarnes January 16, 2017

For Acne: "I used doxycycline (200mg) for about 19 months for my rosacea. Discontinued it about 3 wks ago. Coming off the medication is wreaking havoc on my skin. My main issue w/ rosacea was the facial redness, not acne, but the doctor never really explained that doxycycline might not help the former, and I was so desperate to find a "miracle drug" that I failed to ask the right questions or do the right research -- my fault. Now I'm dealing with acne, and it's absolutely disheartening. My cheeks forehead look worse than ever. Not to mention weight gain and feelings of pressure in my head. I would not recommend this medication. I regret taking it. There should be a warning that discontinuing the med *WILL* result in negative effects on your skin."

amydoom (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 14, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been taking 100 MG every 12 hrs for a few days and at first it was just head aches and nausea but now I'm throwing up with the feeling of the flu and the worst aches and pains not to mention the heart burn!! Will not be taking it anymore !!"

Jessnderekplove January 11, 2017

For Acne: "Hi, I took Doxy for 1 month before I had to stop taking it because it gave me very bad acid reflux for a week. At first it seemed as if Doxy wasn't really doing anything, but after 1 month of taking it, it took away all my cystic acne! Very effective in my opinion but you need to give it time before it kicks in"

M239C January 11, 2017

For Acne: "I was prescribed Doxycycline the summer. I had moderate to severe acne and within a month my face had almost cleared all up. It was great. I continued taking the pill for a year and a half but as I continued I realized my acne was slowly coming back even with the pill. My face had become resistant to doxycycline so I now switched to another antibiotic. My only advice to you, try it if you want to but as many others have said it's only a temporary solution."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2017

For Acne: "I've been on doxycycline 3 weeks now, I've had cystic acne for 3 years now I have it under control with benzoyl peroxide. I still have a few cysts here and there so I decided to try the doxy to get rid of all of it once and for all, I've noticed my overall skin more glowy and healthier looking and I haven't had 1 cyst since getting on it but I have had several small zits in places I never usually get them like my forehead. I think that's the medicine pushing out all the bad stuff hopefully it will be 100% by the 1 month mark when I go back to the derm (I'm also using retin-a topical at night) doxy never effected my stomach or gave me any type of side effect at all."

savvvv January 8, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "Started taking it on Thursday, I have never felt so ill, breathing problems .influenza symptoms blurred and stinging eyes a constant thirst ,irritation and burning sensation, headache when I bend down it feels like my head is going to explode. Been taking them for only 3 days. I am not taking anymore I'll take my chances with my foot infection."

Zarajane66 (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

For Acne: "AMAZING BUT DON'T GO OFF OF IT IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR ACNE TO RETURN. I had mild acne about a year and a half ago and was prescribed doxy and it completely cleared up my acne with Differin. I went from mild acne to literally perfect skin and my dark marks disappeared too (maybe the differin too). I went off of the doxy because my skin was perfectly clear, and my acne was back within a month and now my skin is an absolute disaster, moderate acne and hyperpigmentation everywhere. I completely regret going off of this pill, and am so insecure now. I just went back on doxy about 3 days ago and am hoping my skin returns to what it once was. Also doxy made my skin burn in the summer so be careful."

Anonymous January 8, 2017

For Rosacea: "Prescribed for rosacea by a doctor. Cleared up my bumps a bit. I'd say 90% gone. Doctor said it was good for me and to continue. Did for a while (maybe 9 months) until my muscles hurt so bad I couldn't walk, cook, open bottles, etc. without help. I'd have to take painkillers and wait a good 30 minutes before I could get out of bed. Spent five days in the hospital. Doctors there said it was the medicine causing my severe pain."

Fightingrosacea January 5, 2017

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: "This medicine is the best thing that ever happened to me....it has done wonders for my Rosacea!!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 5, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "Just take it, it will cure your STD."

joe----Blow January 5, 2017

For Chlamydia Infection: "I got a wonderful text from an ex-partner telling me he had tested positive for Chlamydia. I bought 1g of Azithromycin online as I didn't have time to go to the clinic and I had had 2 irregular periods. By the end of the week I didn't feel right, had burning urine, which was new so I ordered 7 days of Doxycycline 100mg. These are brilliant as long as you strictly follow the instructions! Don't eat Dairy with them, no multi vitamins or indigestion remedies. Don't take less than an hour before bed and make sure you eat something with them!! Side effects for me were nausea if I didn't eat, a headache (manageable) and heartburn if I didn't drink enough water through the day. Burning pee cleared by day2, discharge by day4."

Pen name (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

For Acne: "I have been on doxycycline hyclate (100 my once a day) for 3 months now and it has worked wonders for me. At first I was taking it on an empty stomach like it was recommended, but found that it gave me extreme nausea and stomach pains. I then started taking it 2 hours after my meals and my stomach pains stopped. Its taken a while for my body to get used to the medication, but after about a month my acne started to go away. At the 2 month mark all of my acne was gone. It takes time but it has worked wonders for me."

Anonymou January 3, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "10-15 minutes after taking this I got a really bad stomach ache that caused a hot flash like I was gonna pass out, I got nauseous then threw up for 5 minutes and dry heaved for another 5. For the rest of the day I had a headache and felt sick to my stomach. I will never take this drug again!"

Shannando January 2, 2017

Shannando January 2, 2017

For Acne: "It works but long term it becomes a problem. Sadly the acne returned ."

Sammygirl 73 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2016

For Acne: "I've been using antibiotics for acne for years now. I started off with Minocycline for 4 years until recently I switched over to Doxycycline. When I switched over to doxycycline, my face cleared up and I felt so much confidence. There were two types I used. I first used doxycycline monohydrate for a year and it stopped working for my face. Then I switch over to doxycycline hyclate. Hyclate is stronger if you have really bad acne, but I prefer you talk to your doctor about it first."

SuzyHu (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 28, 2016

For Acne: "Wanted to update what I last posted at the 3 week mark. I stopped taking it a month ago after being on it for 13 months and have not had acne since!!! Fingers crossed mine may be gone for good. Although the beginning was rough going onto this medication has been one of the best decisions i have ever made. just a heads up, this medication made me get travel/air sick which is not normal for me, so I would advise going on a break from it a few days prior to flying or a long car journey."

Anonymous Kiwi (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I started to try natural antibiotics like garlic and others but the day after I got ahold of these, the discharge slowly stopped, this is a life saver . Although 2 days into treatment I have had stomach and diarrhea pains, I think it's getting better but at least my clap is gone"

Jdcali December 26, 2016

For Acne: "I was just here in this website an notice that some people are complaining about breaking out with red rashes/bumps i as a kid was allergic to the CYCLINE family an couldn't take certain medications when I was younger like (Amox-Pen).im now 21 an was having a few break outs non stop. So I though I would go to the Dermatologist for some help. They prescribed me DOXYCYCLINE!!! I took them NOT thinking I was allergic to the DOXY and guess what - sure enough started to break out with the red bumps an dry rashy red feeling so be sure you are not allergic to the CYCLINE family before taking this medication!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Steve7676 December 21, 2016

For Acne: "Not impressed with doxycycline at all. Been taking it for about four months now and my skin has never looked worse. I've been sunburnt terribly, gained weight, bruised more, and everywhere on my face has more pimples. I'm coming off this in a few days, can't wait."

Ffion December 19, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Worst ever..nausea and vomiting headache..anything else but this"

Anonymous December 18, 2016

For Acne: "Ive been on doxycycline for almost about a month now and over all it did pretty well. I'm 22 years old and I've been battling acne since I was 18. I initially had pretty bad cystic acne from 18 to 20 years old. I was on 2 rounds of accutane before I got on doxy. The only real side effects that I experienced were facial redness and dryness. The acne started clearing up 2 weeks in the routine. I was 100mg twice a day going on to 50mg. For the most part the medication works just highly recommend drinking a lot of water and loading up on the sunscreen/moisturizer."

Nike945 22 year old male (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Was on this medication for chlamydia and it worked great, was symptom free after only 2 pills (1 day). This medication DID NOT work when I got a UTI, I took 4 pills (2 days) and my symptoms actually got worse!"

Every body is different December 11, 2016