User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa Pak, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doryx MPC, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, Monodox, Morgidox, NicAzel Doxy, Ocudox, Oracea, Oraxyl, Periostat, Targadox, Uracil, Vibra-Tabs, Vibramycin …show all brand names

Anthrax

4.3

1 review
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 7.1 982 reviews

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Acne: "My moderate acne has always been something I’ve struggled with, which is why I asked my dermatologist to prescribe me accutane. Ironically, she told me that my acne wasn’t bad enough and prescribed me doxycycline (she also told me to go to another dermatologist instead). Currently, I take both, doxycycline and ortho try-cyclen lo (birth control pills), to get rid of my acne, and I can honestly say that I feel like doxycycline has done absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact, my back acne got significantly worse than it was before. I’m going to hope that it does get better eventually because it would suck having to wear an evening dress with pimples everywhere. [ps: I haven’t felt sick or anything like that while using this medication]"

Vyl (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Have taken antibiotics and this is the only one that makes me feel nauseous.I take with food because otherwise I couldn’t handle it .Two tablets a day until finished. On my forms from the pharmacy it said nothing about avoiding dairy products!!.Will persevere."

Wabbitt (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Acne: "I've never had skin problems as I was growing up, until I was 21. I started having pimples on my face, and then before I knew it I had acne problem within a short period of time. I didn't know what to use so I tried facial products (garnier and herbal soaps) none of them worked. I stopped using them and started using sunlight bar soap for my face, pimples would dry out after using it. In March this year I consulted a medical practitioner and he prescribed cyclidox, I'm taking 1 capsule daily and I don't see any change on my face. I've experienced the nausea side effect, extremely painful stomachache, dizziness. It's been 22 days now since I started using these pills, I don't know if its early to expect changes or this medicine is too slow for me. Also, I need something to apply on my face while taking these pills as I don't know what works best to remove acne. Please help..."

Tina (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

For Acne: "This was by far my worst experience, I had better luck and way less side effects on accutane . I had severe stomach pains two days after starting it twice daily , extreme nausea and awful heart burn . I’ve used this for about two months and my acne has only gotten worse as well as the side effects I 100% do not recommend."

Kae (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "For the last 3 years I've gone to all the specialists for allergy asthma and ENT, numerous inhalers ,nasal sprays ,prednisone. Finally took my bag of meds into asthma doc. Breathing capacity lower that when this all started! After blowing up and gaining 20 lbs, I told her I was all done poisoning myself! Next visit I saw a N. P. , she gave me 2 weeks twice daily on Doxy, and Alkalol nasal rinse (NOT alcohol). Initially, less cough, clean nasal passages, better breathing at day 3. Wow! Finally! It's working Had the hives on my neck and chest. I'll deal with this for 11 more days because this was the magic pill! I treated my itchy chest (occupation, Esthetician),and today is day 14. Now wait to hopefully be rid of hives. I would do it all again to be rid of that cough and that gross clogged nose! That's Alkalol, NOT ALCOHOL!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Pneumonia: "After contracting pneumonia and influenza, I was prescribed doxycycline for seven days. I was checked by the prescribing physician, and my lungs were found to be clear of infection."

Troy (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2018

For Acne: "Don’t waste your time you’ll be left with hyperpigmentation from the horrible initial breakout. Just go straight to accutane"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

For Acne: "This medication hospitalized me. I had excruciating stomach cramps to the point of begging for narcotics. This happened the 2nd day I took it. I would never recommend this drug. It didn't work and caused me more pain than my acne ever has. Please be careful before taking this."

Raynebow (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2018

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: "My 13yo took 120mg if Doryx EC for one month. During that time, I had to take her out of school twice for migraine headaches. The last headache was so bad that her arm went numb, and she temporarily lost her vision. Needless to say, I stopped giving her Doryx, since I feared intracranial hypertension. It helped her acne, but it’s not worth any risk of IH or blindness!"

Concerned mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Took 6 doses and had terrible stomach cramps as well as gas and bloating. Thought it was my IBS. Had to go to the loo every hour. Stopped it and my symptoms stopped. Really not worth taking for all the pain and inconvenience of the side effects."

Brian (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Rosacea: "Have the type 2 rosacea on my nose and cheeks.. Took 100mg once a day for 6 weeks over a year ago which cleared all the spots then was prescribed soolantra to keep the spots at bay and clonidine for the background redness. I found soolantra works up to a point but have had recurrent breakouts of spots and it seems to have become less effective over time. Now back to 100mg a day doxy and now after a week the spots have gone. Clonidine has worked well for flushing and redness. Be extra careful to cover up with sun block when taking doxycycline."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been suffering from sinuses infection for a long time. After taking amoxillin for 7 days without improvement doctor gave me doxycycline and the symptoms started disappearing after 3 hours of taking the first dose of two tablets. I have taken doxycycline before and never had any side effects."

Sammy (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2018

For Acne: "- u may experience an extreme initial breakout - extreme nausea and upset stomach if not consumed with a meal - u may have your acne return with a vengeance in short amount of time of stopping this medication if no adequate results appear within 12 weeks of treatment an alternative method should be attempted *If you have gone thru a course of antibiotics you should consume probiotics regularly to balance your gut flora which will affect acne in a positive way* Natural ways to try - Increase your fibre intake - Take enzyme supplements if you have problems with digestion - regularly consume probiotics - pass bowel movements regularly - drink a minimum of 2 litres of water daily - test for food sensitivities - check hormone levels through blood work - no popping or picking as the pressure applied when you squeeze releases bacteria underneath the skin and new blemishes will harvest"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Acne: "I've been on this for about a month now and most of my skin is clear! I broke out really bad on the second week and my skin is still healing from that. I have a few zits come in here and there but they are tiny, unnoticeable and go away within a day! hoping to see even better results after my next month!"

Jaicha (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve been on this med for several months now for acne and it worked wonders! However I do feel super nauseous when I take it on an empty stomach AND you have to drink a pretty good amount of water in it because the pill can cause serious throat pain if you don’t wash it down good enough. It’s been about 7 months on it and now I'm experiencing a really severe acne flare up and my skin is super dry and peeling which has never happened before... any advice?"

anon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "On day 5. Have sinus infection. Still feeling sick. Sinuses swollen so harder to breathe. Extremely dry nose mouth. Sore throat, shaky, anxious with dark mood."

Bee on (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Acne: "Hey guys, I've been suffering from acne for 5 years now I am 21 years old. Latest 5 months I've been experiencing the worst acne ever on my back, face, neck, and chest. I've decided to take doxycycline after choosing this before accutane. I started a week ago and I must tell you THERE IS A LOT OF IMPROVEMENT. Since I started taking it, although it says acne should be worse before it gets better but not for me. I'll keep you updated each 2 weeks from now, GL."

georgos (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Acne: "I started doxycycline a little over a month ago and I am very pleased with it so far! I haven’t noticed complete results but from what I read it takes time to get there. I have been using epiduo forte with it as well and feel like that is enhancing the results quite a bit. I haven’t had any side effects with this drug, but I make sure to eat something and drink an entire glass of water with it. I also don’t recommend laying down for at least an hour after taking it. It’s worth it! There is no harm in trying."

El February 28, 2018

Doxy 100 (doxycycline) for Bacterial Infection: "Dr gave me doxy hyclate and within 1 hours I was really ill, with diarrhea, severe headache, shaking and palpitations. I was ready to call 911. Horrible drug - do not take"

sassy (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

For Acne: "I never struggled with acne until I began college. (I am 20 yrs old, moderate acne) I went to the doctor and was prescribed doxycycline. I took it for almost 5 months and have not noticed any change in my face. I kept taking it with hopes that it would kick in and start to work. I stopped taking it a few days ago, and hopefully I will find something that helps"

Lauren (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Had sinusitis and was Prescribed Doxy 100 MG every 12 hours for 7 days. After first 2 doses started shaking and having tremors. Was up all night and couldn't sleep. Day 2 I grudgingly took dose #3 in the morning, and couldn't stop shaking. Dr switched me to Augmentim 875mg twice a day for 14 days.."

Sinusitis40 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

For Acne: "I have always struggled with acne. It’s never been too severe, but I’m in college and don’t feel like waking up early for class everyday to cover up a few blemishes. I went to the dermatologist about 6 weeks ago and he prescribed me doxy 100mg once a day, taken on a full stomach. I use epiduo forte on my face in the evenings. The first few days my face cleared up a lot. But let me tell you, I’ve NEVER HAD ACNE ON MY ENTIRE BODY LIKE THIS! Yes I would break out on my shoulders, sometimes a pimple on my arm, but 3 weeks into doxy my arms, shoulders down to my butt, and even thighs (never had an issue in my life before) are terrible! I’m talking dozens of zits clustered everywhere in those areas. While I’m happy I am finally able to feel confident in my face, the doxy seemed to have a reverse affect on all other parts of my body. So basically the part I wanted clear is wonderful and everywhere else that was clear is terrible. I wonder if the epiduo is the real miracle worker."

HH2021 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "My dose was 100mg every 12 hours for 4 days. Full recovery. Marked changes beginning within 5 hours of first dose. Nervous that readers here are making decisions on self-medication (which is not uncommon in a poorly insured by educated US). This is the oral drug of choice for Borellia (Lyme) infection; a stealth bacteria in the circulatory system; those that are unknowingly Lyme infected may react quickly and badly to this drug, as it turns loose antigens (from dying Borellia) that suddenly may be dealt with by an already heightened immune system. Review 'Herxheimer' (Herx), which is DIAGNOSTIC for Lyme IMHO. Treatment must continue unabated every 12 hours for at least 3-weeks for late stage patients, and be followed by daily IV- Ceftrioxone for another 5-weeks with consult of a Lyme Literate Physician."

Tatter (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

For Rosacea: "I have a rosacea flare up about every two years, cold weather (I live in the North) and stress seems to stir it up. Right now I take doxycycline once a day and use metrogel once at night. When it clears up, I got get IPL laser treatment to help reduce the damage. I also started taking probiotics to counteract the negative side effects of antibiotics. Hope this helps someone...."

Anonymous February 22, 2018

For Pneumonia: "What are all these bad comments towards doxycycline. First of all, taking it for 2 days???? Come on now. Take your full course. Second of all, nausea?????? It is a side effect. It is a 7 day course you should persist. I’m sure sepsis is a lot worse. Photosensitivity????? It’s not even sunny. If it is wear sun cream. I was on this medication and as a result I did not get sepsis and I did not die? My lungs did not necrose and I did not choke on my own purulent sputum? This medicine is amazing."

rosieqweeen February 21, 2018