User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa Pak, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, Monodox, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 26 medications

Lyme Disease, Arthritis 1 reviews 34 medications

Gastroenteritis 1 reviews 20 medications

Summary of Doxycycline reviews 666 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Acne: "I have had severe acne ever since I was about 14; when my period started. I have tried proactiv, every topical treatment and over the counter wash almost I know. I also have changed my diet and went on the candida cleanse as well as tried minocycline. But nothing, absolutely nothing has helped as it should have until I went on doxycycline and I am 18 now! It is the best thing I have ever tried! Within a week, I noticed a huge improvement and it is week three now and all my cystic acne is gone and I am almost acne free expect a few hormonal pimples that I am about to go on birth control for. I am so thankful and I thank God everyday for letting me find it!! Thank you, Lord!"

FutureGaMeteorologistGirl17 (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For Acne: "I've been on doxycycline (100 mg daily for three months) twice, a year apart. The first time cleared my skin up beautifully. I had horrible cystic acne with new pimples popping up every day before I went to my dermatologist. I started clearing up within the first month. A year later, I started to break out again so I went back on it and my skin is back to being clear. I definitely recommend taking it with food, though. I got really bad heartburn for a week because I took this pill without eating."

MissxMegan August 28, 2016

For Acne: "Used for stubborn chin and jawline acne. I'm a 23 y/o woman and 110lbs. I have been on a lower dose, 100mg once a day. I avoid dairy/calcium around the time I take this medication. My acne started to clear significantly at two months, by three months it was completely gone. I stopped taking antibiotics after three months and two months later my acne came back. Now I'm back on the same dose again. Hopefully with time I will see long term improvement."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

For Acne: "I have been struggling with severe acne for the past two years. seems like nothing I did could help me so I tried to use ucerin which is a very rich body lotion on my face this caused me to get cystic acne which was horrible I stopped using the ucerin and that went away . I have to put benzol peroxide on my face 24 seven usually and I use xout and moisturizer every day twice a day. This was horrible I was depressed I hated my life and my face looked horrible overall. My doctor prescribed me doxycycline and as soon as I started using that I saw results today is the 14th day and my face is already almost perfectly clear. This drug is amazing and I 100% recommend it cause plain and simple it works. No initial breakout from this."

Tatethegreat August 27, 2016

For Lyme Disease: "I got bitten by a tick while training for a 100 miler endurance race. I developed the bulls eye textbook version of the rash within a week of the bite. I was placed on Doxy immediately. The first week was tough. It was hard getting out of bed since I felt very exhausted; I gained a whole lot of weight. After a month of taking Doxy, I started 'feeling better'. I have energy and although running is harder than ever, I am doing a lot more than when I first begin this medication. One thing I have battled is yeast infections throughout this month. I have one more month to go and I will update this thread."

GeorgiannaM (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Ehrlichiosis: "Day 2 and feeling ok....I have to take with food or else I'm very sick to my stomach. It's giving me bad headaches but better then how sick I was 24 hours ago."

Lmg1283 August 25, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Day 1. Taken directly after eating as prescribed. Have felt so sick and the shoulder/arm pain is awful. I can't sleep and I'm as thirsty as ever. Not liking it at all."

Miss pea (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Acne: "I'm an African American female 20 yr old female & I've had acne since high school.Recently , this summer , I was prescribed the doxycycline 150mg to take once a day . Originally , the summer before I was prescribed another formula of doxycycline , to take twice daily . I took two pills at once by accident and about 45 minutes later , I threw up. Even though , I didn't take the correct dose , I could still tell this pill was not going to sit well in my stomach . The formula (150mg) I am taking now is much better. It was a struggle hanging in there for the first month because my body had to get used to it . But I did . I advice to eat with food or on a full stomach. Hang in there. I'm waiting on my second refill . Definetly see results ."

AnonymousGirl1108 August 22, 2016

For Acne: "I have got severe acne all over my face apart from forehead this is my third week and I have seen no improvement it has made it worse to be honest my derm prescribed me 100 mg once daily for three months also my acne has become extremely painfull"

Nz4lyf (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I'm on day 3 and have 101.8 fever, no appetite, extremely fatigued, and I think I have the chills (it's mid summer and I'm in bed wearing pants, socks, and under a sheet and 2 thin blankets while the thermostat reads 78). Saw two doctors: obgyn and gastroenterologist... my symptoms indicate I have either Chlamydia or an irritable bowel disease, like Chron's. Chlamydia test results come in tomorrow and then a colonoscopy in a few weeks."

iRenee (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For Rosacea: "I posted in june after starting Doxy for the first time. this medicine has helped clear up my skin very very well.. It has helped give me my confidence back as my face was so bad . I didnt want to go out. Metrogel and Finacea was far too harsh for my skin. so I will never use them again. ( I was put on these by a Dermatologist. ) I am on a second course of slow release Doxy for another two months as a few stubborn /deep but now very small bumps were still there but my skin was BAD. I am fortunate that in the UK the prescriptions are very affordable. I feel for people who cant afford to pay the big prices in other countries. I would recommend Doxy . I did research before visiting my Dr. and asked for this medicine.."

Barbarelli August 21, 2016

For Lyme Disease: "As a fence contractor I was bitten on the chest by a lyme tick which was incorrectly removed. I did have an ecchymotic area surrounding the bite but not the characteristic bulls eye erythema migrans rash. After three months I developed a fever of approximately 102 which persisted for a month. Weakness, sweats and phantom sun rashes led me to conclude the strong possibility of Lyme infection. I began taking doxycycline hyclate which appears to be the best orally tolerated form of this antibiotic for most people. I took an initial dose of 200mg daily divided as 100mg q. 12hrs or twice daily. My fever dissipated slowly over a week and other symptoms went into remission, some of which were so subtle I did nit attribute them to Lyme."

Deemka August 20, 2016

For Acne: "I'm currently taking this for a bad skin infection and it's clearing my pimples as well.. I read some comments of people saying they're taking this for months and months with "no side effects". You may not see visible side effects but taking this even twice can make it resilient for something serious like staph or MRSA. Trust me, I have MRSA and I'm on my 3rd antibiotic and it's resilient to the antibiotics. These infections can kill you... acne is awful, I had it as a teen but there are natural ways to cure it without antibiotics."

Be careful (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "your skin will clear up while ur on this drug. This drug will screw your gut bacteria so when u stop takin it, ur acne will come back way worse. Avoid this drug at all cost."

Mous August 19, 2016

For Malaria Prevention: "Really bad. Have experienced really bad side effects, inflammation in both ears, terrible pain, vomiting, breast pain. Have only taken 8 pills and will stop tomorrow."

Anon.1 August 16, 2016

For Acne: "I developed cystic acne, I'm guessing as a result of hormones, stress, and genetics. My doctor and I changed what we were using during the second visit, since we were doing some trial and error (figuring out what works). Since my skin is not sensitive, we went from a combination of doxycycline, tretinoin, and clyndimicine (idk how to spell it) to a combination of tretinoin of higher strength, erythromycin/BP gel, and minocycline. My skin has cleared up in a matter of 2 months with the occasional pimples and some acne scarring. I had to switch from doxy to mono because after my first round of doxy, my insurence would not cover any form of it for some reason, I which is why I gave it a 5."

Sabrina L (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2016

For Acne: "I'm an eighteen year old female and I started taking these 100mg doxycycline monohydrate pills only four days ago because they worked great for my brothers. I've been taking them with tons of water and food. They seem to work so far but I've been waking up with terrible migraine-like headaches and confusion. I'm usually an early riser and a morning person but these make me feel really nauseated. I don't recommend them for anyone who gets migraines like I do."

18 years old (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "This review is to help others, though we are all different in reactions it's always good to know Taking this medication and it seems to be working, after the third day my bloating and fatigue (from chlamydia) went away (luckily I caught the symptoms relatively early from the std). Taking it twice a day 100mg for 10 days (better to be safe). Side effects seem to have increased (nausea and stomach pains) because on my third day I was out on extreme heat/sun and forgot while outdoors that I was under antibiotics, whoops. Medicine is doing its job, though tackling symptoms since I loose my appetite... I wish everyone well"

Treegreen August 9, 2016

For Acne: "I've had horrible cystic acne for about 2 years now. It left horrible scarring that still remains but after my first 3 months it went away completely. Not even the occasional pimple, I just believe it makes me gain weight and lose harder. Besides that, works really well with no side effects."

beachgothic (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2016

For Acne: "Hi! I'm Krissy. About a month ago I had a terrible breakout with cystic acne all over my cheeks & chin. It got so bad that it hurt to go to sleep at night. About a week ago I went & seen the doctor & he prescribed me doxycycline 100 mg to take once a day & he also prescribed me benzaclin which is benzoyl peroxide & I've been on all this for about a week & I've noticed good improvement.Its drying up all my acne. There not completely gone but before this month is over they will be.. It just takes time & patience."

• Krissy • August 6, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I just started the treatment for clamedia. Still 5 day to do. I am also scared to take shit like this into my body. But I'm good. Just a bit of burning and cant go to sun. Also make sure to stay up 1 -2 hour after taking these pills."

Steveeeee August 6, 2016

For Acne: "I'm 15 years old and have had horrible acne on my face, body, and chest since 6th grade. It's been tearing down my self esteem to the point of not wanting to go outside, I even stopped swimming one summer. So about 2 weeks ago, I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed me 150mg of Acticlate (doxycycline) and I've been taking it every night along with using SulfaCleanse and Atralin. So far, I've seen no improvement in my acne whatsoever. My chest acne has gotten worse, and my face and back have stayed the same. I see my dermatologist next week and if no improvement is seen before then, I'm hoping there's another option."

Fauna S. August 3, 2016

For Acne: "Over the summer before I enter college, I had severe acnes all over my face, it came to the point where I don't want to go outside because my acnes ate all my self confidence. My derma gave me different creams but none of them works. So at last, my derma made me try doxycycline and after a week my face had cleared up. I took it for 3 months, even if I ate lots of chocolates, and even if I have slept late, there will be no appearance of pimples while I'm taking the pill. But after the 3 months, I stopped and my pimples are starting to appear again but not as worse as before. So I am taking it again. I would definitely recommend it but you have to continuously use it or else your pimple will come back. But maybe It will not be the same for yo"

Anonymous August 1, 2016

For Acne: "I have acne all over my face for four years. I'M turning 20.I have oily and too much bumps on my chin and I really hate it! It minimize my confidence. I almost tried everything otc for my condition. I tried cetaphil but it doesnt work. Now, my derma suggested me to take doxy 100mg twice a day. I also have a soap named Bactazil and I use benzoyl peroxide 5% .. so far so good. Its my 6th day. Yes, redness is still there. But my pimples become less. There are no pus on my chin and cheek. I'm looking forward for the next step which is accutane. anw, Hello there from philippines!."

Celerypeps July 30, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Started taking doxycycline for sinus infections because of other drug allergies, such as penicillin, sulfa and Cipro. I take it between breakfast and lunch and then between lunch and supper. I set up after taking and have no problems with this drug. Thank God I have something to take and my head feels better after the first dose. Hopefully, I will not develop any allergies to this. I have taken this for three times, 10 days at a time, now over the last three years with no problems."

goodnews from indiana July 26, 2016