User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa Pak, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doryx MPC, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, ...show all 26 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 27 medications

Lyme Disease, Arthritis 1 reviews 35 medications

Gastroenteritis 1 reviews 21 medications

Summary of Doxycycline reviews 679 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Rosacea: "I have been on Doxycycline for many months with amazing relief of my severe rosacea with ocular rosacea. In the past couple of weeks I have developed an itchy rash (hives) on my scalp which spread to my whole back until I had to stop using the antibiotic this morning. I am very upset because my rosacea symptoms were quite severe. I gather I have developed an allergy to this wonderful drug and am at my wits' end to know what to do. I guess I'll have to go back to my physician and hope that there's something else out there that I can take."

Jane33 September 26, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Took entire 1 week cycle. It did nothing for my bronchitis symptoms. Lots of nausea, and I almost never get nauseous. Going back to the doctor to request a chest x-ray. Want to be sure I don't have pneumonia."

Fiasco September 24, 2016

For : "Had flu, some fever and suspected pneumonia. Was put on Doxycycline 200mg to be reduced to 100mg next day. Wasn't eating due to loss of appetite - doctor said this medication would help. Instead, made me vomit about 30 minutes after taking it and made me feel worse. Eventually went to the ER and was put on Zofran and Prednisolone - a much better combination for what I was experiencing."

diceable (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

For Acne: "Took for a couple weeks and felt awful. Belly hurt, no appetite, achy and tired. Really thought something was wrong with me and decided to quit taking. Took 5 days to start feeling like myself again. Think I will just deal with rosacea outbreaks."

Keeling September 24, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I started taking this and am now three days in. I was first given a course of amoxicillin. It didn't clear my chest or my sinuses.i then phoned 111(uk) and their out of hours doctor prescribed me with doxycycline. Immediately the tension in my head was alleviated and the pain in my sinuses are gone. Stupidly this morning I took my tablet on time and went back to sleep please don't do this. I ish I saw these testimonies but I have now and won't make the same mistake. Other than that the medicine is good and I believe I should have been prescribed this first and not any other wishy washy antibiotics."

sonji (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "Okay so ive been having a bad smell, discharge for awhile, scared to come to my senses that SOMETHING IS WRONG, find out I have Chlamydia & Gonnarhea, I was prescribed Doxycycleline, stomach BURNED WHEN TRYING TO EAT FOOD, missed a day but took it the next, DO NOT TRY TO CATCH UP, ONCE YOU MISS JUST CONTINUE YOUR 2 A DAY NOT ANYMORE THAN RECOMMENDED, but discharge, odor all cleared up within 5 days, still have until the end of the week( today's Tuesday) to take them, don't worry ladies, everything is okay, some things take longer on people"

The simple truth of this September 20, 2016

For Pneumonia: "Improved my chest pain in one day. Able to breathe in fully without pain. Had walking pneumonia in left side. Will continue taking for full 10 days, although it does give me a headache."

phxbarb (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

For Acne: "I started taking the doxcy (100 mg) once a day for my acne. I am 29 years old female that had never had acne in my teens until now at this age. Okay so I began with this pill and for me it got worse before it got better. I took this for a month and a week and I did see improvement till like my 4th week of using it. So then my derm prescribed the same doxcy (100 mg) but now twice a day which is much better along with tretinoin cream 0.05% every night. This has helped me so much. One big tip that I can give you guys is not to stress about the acne I know it's hard but stressing will only make it worse. Just think that one day it will go away. Now it's been 25 days with the new prescribed doxcy and finally no more acne."

Mrsmeza (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

For Lyme Disease: "I was diagnosed with Lyme, put on Doxy 200 mg a day, and my toes are numb and bright red as are my hands. Anyone else?"

Stacine (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2016

For Acne: "I've been on doxy for sometime now Atleast 3 months+, I had a horrible experience with the drug at the start, I saw no improvements for about a month then my skin just increasingly got worse, it was extremely painful and it was mostly all down the sides of my face from ear to lips. It played a lot with my mental state because I wasn't sure if it was the breakout before it got better or my skin was just going crazy and this was just my life now. It took over a month for the breakouts to calm down and now I've been left with scarring that looks terrible. I've got quite pale skin so it is very noticeable. So at this point even though my skin has had slight improvements I don't think this was the right path for me."

Al_Pal123 September 8, 2016

For Acne: "So 4 years ago, having suffered through my teenage years and the start of my 20s with acne (usual places like face, chest and back) and after several doctors giving me cream my face, chest and back (not the easiest to apply cream on your back) i eventually go and see a GP who also specialises in skin. He explained as by now if acne was going to go away, it would have done (by 22/23yo) so puts me on doxycycline. Worked wonders, still suffered spots occasionally but my back when it flairs up is like i have lots of little volcanoes on my back and they are extemely itchy and so the occasional spot wasnt bothering me. 4 years on and 26, spots are back with a vengence but back to skin doc and back on doxy for 3 months. Eat before taking!!"

Kaazz September 6, 2016

For Acne: "This helped my acne to a good amount, while I was on it. I took this religiously for 6 months. I did not see any improvements until around the third month, and up until this point I just kept asking why I'm the only one my age with acne, and why it won't go away. For the last three months of my prescription though, my acne was kept at bay. I still had 2-3 pimples on my face at all times, but it was better than the usual amount. I had scarring left over, but I think the biggest disappointment of this regimen was in is the fact that my acne came back with vengeance about a month after I stopped taking it. After 3 months of trying every drugstore/high end option, I'm going to go back to the dermatologist and try something new."

AlexaTaylor September 5, 2016

For Acne: "Do not get the monohydrate!!! It will make your acne ten times worse and it will not get better for weeks you are much better getting the other kind."

Heheh September 3, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I started taking the medication to clear up my Chlamydia infection which I had horrible stomach pains, fatigue, burning and pus. Was very nervous about it. But started on the Doxycycline 100 my twice a day and I'm noticing a difference. No nausea with the medication and I'm feeling better, but I still have 5 days to go. Feeling hopeful this will clear it up."

Anonymous 22 September 3, 2016

For Acne: "I have had severe acne ever since I was about 14; when my period started. I have tried proactiv, every topical treatment and over the counter wash almost I know. I also have changed my diet and went on the candida cleanse as well as tried minocycline. But nothing, absolutely nothing has helped as it should have until I went on doxycycline and I am 18 now! It is the best thing I have ever tried! Within a week, I noticed a huge improvement and it is week three now and all my cystic acne is gone and I am almost acne free expect a few hormonal pimples that I am about to go on birth control for. I am so thankful and I thank God everyday for letting me find it!! Thank you, Lord!"

FutureGaMeteorologistGirl17 (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For Acne: "I've been on doxycycline (100 mg daily for three months) twice, a year apart. The first time cleared my skin up beautifully. I had horrible cystic acne with new pimples popping up every day before I went to my dermatologist. I started clearing up within the first month. A year later, I started to break out again so I went back on it and my skin is back to being clear. I definitely recommend taking it with food, though. I got really bad heartburn for a week because I took this pill without eating."

MissxMegan August 28, 2016

For Acne: "Used for stubborn chin and jawline acne. I'm a 23 y/o woman and 110lbs. I have been on a lower dose, 100mg once a day. I avoid dairy/calcium around the time I take this medication. My acne started to clear significantly at two months, by three months it was completely gone. I stopped taking antibiotics after three months and two months later my acne came back. Now I'm back on the same dose again. Hopefully with time I will see long term improvement."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

For Acne: "I have been struggling with severe acne for the past two years. seems like nothing I did could help me so I tried to use ucerin which is a very rich body lotion on my face this caused me to get cystic acne which was horrible I stopped using the ucerin and that went away . I have to put benzol peroxide on my face 24 seven usually and I use xout and moisturizer every day twice a day. This was horrible I was depressed I hated my life and my face looked horrible overall. My doctor prescribed me doxycycline and as soon as I started using that I saw results today is the 14th day and my face is already almost perfectly clear. This drug is amazing and I 100% recommend it cause plain and simple it works. No initial breakout from this."

Tatethegreat August 27, 2016

For Lyme Disease: "I got bitten by a tick while training for a 100 miler endurance race. I developed the bulls eye textbook version of the rash within a week of the bite. I was placed on Doxy immediately. The first week was tough. It was hard getting out of bed since I felt very exhausted; I gained a whole lot of weight. After a month of taking Doxy, I started 'feeling better'. I have energy and although running is harder than ever, I am doing a lot more than when I first begin this medication. One thing I have battled is yeast infections throughout this month. I have one more month to go and I will update this thread."

GeorgiannaM (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Ehrlichiosis: "Day 2 and feeling ok....I have to take with food or else I'm very sick to my stomach. It's giving me bad headaches but better then how sick I was 24 hours ago."

Lmg1283 August 25, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Day 1. Taken directly after eating as prescribed. Have felt so sick and the shoulder/arm pain is awful. I can't sleep and I'm as thirsty as ever. Not liking it at all."

Miss pea (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Acne: "I'm an African American female 20 yr old female & I've had acne since high school.Recently , this summer , I was prescribed the doxycycline 150mg to take once a day . Originally , the summer before I was prescribed another formula of doxycycline , to take twice daily . I took two pills at once by accident and about 45 minutes later , I threw up. Even though , I didn't take the correct dose , I could still tell this pill was not going to sit well in my stomach . The formula (150mg) I am taking now is much better. It was a struggle hanging in there for the first month because my body had to get used to it . But I did . I advice to eat with food or on a full stomach. Hang in there. I'm waiting on my second refill . Definetly see results ."

AnonymousGirl1108 August 22, 2016

For Acne: "I have got severe acne all over my face apart from forehead this is my third week and I have seen no improvement it has made it worse to be honest my derm prescribed me 100 mg once daily for three months also my acne has become extremely painfull"

Nz4lyf (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I'm on day 3 and have 101.8 fever, no appetite, extremely fatigued, and I think I have the chills (it's mid summer and I'm in bed wearing pants, socks, and under a sheet and 2 thin blankets while the thermostat reads 78). Saw two doctors: obgyn and gastroenterologist... my symptoms indicate I have either Chlamydia or an irritable bowel disease, like Chron's. Chlamydia test results come in tomorrow and then a colonoscopy in a few weeks."

iRenee (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For Rosacea: "I posted in june after starting Doxy for the first time. this medicine has helped clear up my skin very very well.. It has helped give me my confidence back as my face was so bad . I didnt want to go out. Metrogel and Finacea was far too harsh for my skin. so I will never use them again. ( I was put on these by a Dermatologist. ) I am on a second course of slow release Doxy for another two months as a few stubborn /deep but now very small bumps were still there but my skin was BAD. I am fortunate that in the UK the prescriptions are very affordable. I feel for people who cant afford to pay the big prices in other countries. I would recommend Doxy . I did research before visiting my Dr. and asked for this medicine.."

Barbarelli August 21, 2016