User Reviews for Doxycycline systemic

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa Pak, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doryx MPC, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, LymePak, Mondoxyne NL, Monodox, Morgidox, NicAzel Doxy, Ocudox, Oracea, Oraxyl, Periostat, Targadox, Uracil, Vibra-Tabs, Vibramycin …show all brand names

Anthrax

1 review 61 medications
Pleural EffusionNot rated - Be the first1 review 14 medications
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 7.0 1,075 reviews

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Cervicitis: "I've been taking doxycycline for a few days now and have to say I've not noticed any side effects at all I have taken these before a few years ago and they made me feel rubbish so never stuck them out - maybe because I was taking the with metronidiazole at the time. But this time I took them I had nothing. After reading through all the bad reviews I was in two minds wether to take them at all they really put u off and needless to say everyone responds differently to medication so while I may have no side effects some ppl will probably get them all. All I can say in that respect is to give them a go and not to scare yourself reading reviews online. I would have given this medication a 10 but I'm only a few days into it and not sure if its treating my problem as yet"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Took this for 10 days for Urethritis and this medication had to many side effects. or really did not help me. I had flu like symptoms anxiety depression nausea and feeling ill back pain chills . I will not be taking this medication again. Thankfully I am done. going back to the doctor next month hoping to get something better."

detour12 October 27, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was given this after fighting a sinus infection for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I am allergic to several antibiotics including penicillin, Bactrim, amoxicillin....etc. So happy I have doxycycline as an option and even happier that I have had relief after just a couple of doses. I haven't experienced any side effects....so far so good for me!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I’m floored to see so many negative comments about Doxycycline!! After two (miserable!) rounds of another antibiotic, I was prescribed this for severe sinus infection. Within two days I was feeling better!! I was recently prescribed this drug (100mg 2X per day for 14 days) for a staph infection on my ankle. I took the first couple of doses on a empty stomach and felt a little queasy so I started taking it with a small snack and problem solved! More importantly, the infection on my ankle has responded unbelievably to this drug! I will ALWAYS request this medication for my severe infections because the slight nausea is a small price to pay for it's bacteria killing abilities!!!"

Spanky (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "My experience was awful all of my hair is falling out big time"

Pat (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I've used doxy for 20 years. First 2 days you may feel horrible; means doxy is working. When bacteria begin die off it creates a reaction called Herxheimer's. Do NOT to take it with milk. Drink glass of water, THEN take pill, drink more water. Always talk to your pharmacist about drugs you take, food interactions. Wish you healing."

Raven October 17, 2018

For Acne: "it’s been two months since I started using doxycycline. Guys, oh boy, it TRULY gets worse before it gets better. It took so long for me to see any improvement. Now a few parts of my face are pretty clear, but I've still got a ways to go. I think doxycycline is worth a try, but know what you’re getting into. It won’t get better in a week like I thought it would, it’s a long process."

:’) (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve been in this medication for a week now so far it’s helped my skin, if your considering this medication I highly recommend taking it with food or after eating, don’t take with milk, and not skipping any days, taking on an empty stomach will make you nauseous, and skipping days will make it the worst acne of your life! If your skin is completely clear talk to a doctor, they may have you switch to one less than the amount you take every day. This will allow you to keep the healthy skin with out any more blow ups for a while."

Ravensanalien (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been taking doxy on and off for the last 6 years for cystic/nodular acne and for sinus infection when needed. Every time I have an infection I request this antibiotic. I've never developed a tolerance/resistance to this drug. I'm allergic to penicillin, I don't take fluoroquinolones because of the possible dangerous side effects and cephalosporin family makes me sick so doxy is a life savior for me. My face was covered by acne painful cysts now it's 100% clear and everytime I have a flare : doxy on it. Now I take my doxy pill with food and 2 glasses of water and avoid sitting or laying down because I got an esophageal irritation from it before. Everyone's body is different and everyone react different to meds but for me this med is a life savior since I'm so restricted on which antibiotics my body can tolerate."

Kay (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 13, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "My Dr prescribe this medication after and hsg test (a test used to evaluate female fertility). It was prescribed for 7 days, I'm on day 6 and getting worse every day. All my muscles and body aches I can even stand still for a long time, real bad headaches, tachycardia sore throat, nasal congestion, fever, loss of appetite. I think I will stop use it because I'm feeling worse everyday."

May (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "So I went to the hospital today my doctor sent me for an x-ray, due to non stop coughing, headache nauseous, have bronchitis, prescribed doxycycline 2 times a day, took my first pill tonight, sure hope it works feel like garbage"

Kelly (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm reading some of these reviews and am shocked that so many people kept taking this medication after getting sick. I'm not! This is the scariest medication I have ever taken, and I only took 1 pill about 3 hours ago. Right now, I have a pounding headache, my tongue is sore and kind of yellow, and I'm starting to get nauseous. I was given this Med by my dentist for a gum infection, because I'm allergic to penicillin. I'm not taking any more of this. I'm calling my doctor in the AM to get something else... If I don't have to go to the ER in the middle of the night. Kind of afraid to go to sleep like this."

Annonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2018

For Acne: "I have been on this medication for what seems like a decade (but reality is that is has been only 6-8months). I don’t have severe acne, I suffer with breakouts that appear out of the blue around my mouth mostly and sometimes on my cheeks. This medication for me is extremely helpful if used correctly. When I first started taking it I experienced the side effects of nausea, headaches, vomiting etc, but this was only because I was not taking it correctly. For me, it was imperative to ensure I had food in my stomach and to take it regularly. This was everyday, at the same time, preferably after food. But when I followed this regime my cyst like pimples cleared and I only get the occasional tiny white head. However, if I forget to take it even for one day, my skin will react causing pimples again. My doctor did recommend that I not stay on this medication for longer than 3months but when I expressed my reluctancy to go off it, he prescribed it again. My advice is definitely always take this with food!"

Envy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 4, 2018

For Rosacea: "I'll start out by saying that I have “the worst case of rosacea” my doctor has ever seen, like, she took pictures of my face. So if this works it will be a miracle. I tried doxy about a year ago but didn’t have the money to pay for it after 4 weeks. There was a little bit of improvement, but nothing major. She put me on it again about a week ago, so we will see. I do know that if I take it on an empty stomach, I will throw up. "

Looking (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I am taking doxycycline and a predi-pak but on the 3rd full day noticed my face (like a butterfly rash) and upper chest with redness and itching. My chest feels vibrating and slight heaviness ( more so since taking the meds, Or could be the Prednisone). I have called the doctor and left a message. I am drinking a lot of water and taking Vitamin C. I also took a Benedryl 25mg. I am awaiting my doctor to call back. Perhaps maybe it is the combination of the two--in my body's chemistry."

Sunset chic (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "This medicine wasn't so effective for my staph which is why I can't give it a good rating. However, for those of you who are worried about side effects, I experienced absolutely none. I took with a big meal and 12 oz to 14 oz of water. I also was very careful to remain upright (didn't lean back or lay down) for at least 2 hours after ingesting. The doctor recommended that if I experienced nausea that I should take a pill called Gravol one hour before. Luckily I didn't need it. For reference, Amoxicillin slightly messed up my lower stomach after about the 3rd or 4th day (probiotics did help) and Azithromycin gave me slight nausea about 45 minutes after ingesting so it's not like I have a stomach of steel or anything. It seems people who post reviews are are mostly those who had a bad experience which is understandable. But for those who are worry like I do, it was absolutely fine."

Brandon (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Chlamydia Infection: "First day of taking doxy and metronidazole seemed fine I noticed I was feeling hotter then usual. By day 4 (I have a course of 14 days to take both medications) I had increasing headaches nausea BUT the most noticeable change was the deep depression I felt and also some confusion. Nervousness, trouble with my vision, shoulder and neck pain. I just feel absolutely horrible. I have a whole week worth of medication to go and I'm not willing to take anymore. My chlamydia had no symptoms. Going back to my drs to change this medication because I...just...CAN'T take it - its making me feel crazy! Worst experience with an antibiotic. Metronidazole is one thing. I've taken it before and been fine. Doxycycline added in is awful For me anyway."

Jayjahsey (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "My son has taken it for 2 week and he has got a horrible anxiety, 3 days after stopping it he still have the anxiety, this thing is horrible do no take it!!!!"

Mom (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

For Acne: "This does slightly help my acne but the side effects are not worth it at all. It gives me the worst headaches and my stomach hurts so bad that I cry. I've even on multiple occasions thrown up directly after I took the pill. I had to take it with a full glass of water and very specific foods, it was like everyday was a guessing game of how bad it would make me feel. I know people who have had worse side effects than me which is terrifying."

katae (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve been prescribed doxycycline 100mg once per day for 3 months. I’m on my 6th week now and my acne is worse than it’s ever been in my life. I hear it gets worse before it gets better but this is almost 2 full weeks now of horrible skin. So bad I want to call into work every day. I was on accutane years ago and it worked wonders but my acne came back 2 years ago so my dermatologist recommended either accutane or doxycycline. I chose doxycycline only because accutane is very hard on your liver and can cause serious issues and you have to go for blood work every month to make sure your organs aren’t failing.. I’d rather do the accutane now than have this horrible acne ALL over my face. Cystic, white heads, blackheads you name it :("

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I started taken this a week ago because I got a cyst removed and got stitches. I’m noticing weight gain right away. Anybody else? I hate it! I finally started losing weight over being over weight and now the weight is coming all back."

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

For Rosacea: "Life changing for me. After more than ten years of pustular rosacea, trying a wide range of creams including Rozex, I was losing hope. New doctor out me on 1 x 100mg doxycycline per day and now, six weeks after commencing treatment, I am almost spot free and my skin is almost back to before rosacea appeared. Fabulous results and no negatives (including no tum problems) other then learning never to take at the end of the day - couldn’t sleep at all."

Wingy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

For Acne: "Been on doxycycline 50mg for about 3 months now, after years of nothing helping it is generally but slowly getting there. Yes there's side effects like feeling ill or getting sun burnt easier but they are easily managed. After you get past the first month these effects dim down and the acne starts to appear less swollen and less often paired with benzoyl peroxide. I'm going for 6 months. After using over the counter rubbish for so long with no results or making it worse this is actually doing something and thanks to my countries medical system, its free!"

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Acne: "This pill combined with nightly use of Epiduo completely transformed my skin! I was a bit skeptic to take it after reading reviews but I realised what have I got to lose?? Best decision ever!! Within three months my skin has completely cleared. At first there were side effects when taking it such as feeling a bit nauseous but this can be fixed if you take it on a full stomach. Honestly, just try it. It might just work!"

Jays (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve been at this for at least 4 months and my skin is so bad now. It got better for like a week but now it’s absolutely disgusting and I’m not wanting to go anywhere because of it"

Brit (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...