User Reviews for Doxycycline systemic

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Mondoxyne NL, Monodox, Morgidox, Oracea, Oraxyl, Targadox, Vibramycin

Anthrax

1 review 61 medications
Pleural EffusionNot rated - Be the first1 review 14 medications
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 6.9 1,108 reviews

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Lyme Disease: "Lyme disesase is very painful especially the joints. As well as my knees Doctors found it about 2 months after I was infected. I have been on Doxycycline for 2 weeks and 80% improvement. I have 2 more weeks of antibiotics and should be recovered. I do have spells of fatigue!"

ReRe January 16, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been on this for almost 3 months now. I have Hidradenitis suppurativa a bit in my lower region. I believe this is from having Mirena for 6 months (absolute worst decision of my life, but you can read that over on the Mirena reviews). The dermatologist even backed me on the fact that Mirena may have caused my hydradenitis supperativa. One week after taking this 100mg twice a day combined with a topical antibiotic, It's soooo much better. I am going on a cruise in a month, so when my initial prescription was almost out, I called and received another 2 month refill. I noticed nausea only one time in the morning on an empty stomach. Other than that, I have not had any unwanted side effects. My worry is being in the sun next month. I definitely don't want a horrible sunburn, but a little tan would be nice to get. So, my rx will run out in a month. I will then have to see if my condition gets better without the medication or if I have to start all over again."

Luna January 16, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "On 3rd day of taking doxycycline, relief already in my sinuses. No side effects as yet. Take with full glass of water and eat straight afterwards. (this is important because if it gets stuck in your throat/oesophagus it will burn and cause an ulcer - if you eat afterwards you know it has been pushed all the way down)"

Kb (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Acne: "I’ve been on Doxy since the summer so over half a year and my skin is so clear my side effects are minimal I’ve only gotten nauseous from it twice which is preventable by drinking enough water and eating food before, that is the only side effect I’ve ever gotten. At first it made my acne worse and I was mad and didn’t consistently take it but I eventually was taking it everyday once a day and after doing that consistently for a month or two my results were so good so please be patient and consistent"

Linds (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2019

For Acne: "I was very hesitant to start using doxycycline after reading negative reviews about it. However, I am so happy to say that it worked wonders for me. The purging period was very minimal, only a few breakouts for about a week and a half. The process is very slow, but with patience doxycycline with completely clear your face. I started noticing a dramatic difference after my 2nd bottle of doxy. I’ve been taking doxy for about 3 months because of painful cysts all over my cheeks and now and I have a completely clear face. I did not experience any of the negative side effects that other people described. Nausea never occurred for me, but I was sure to only take the pill after eating and with a full glass of water. I had absolutely no weird “mood changes” as people described. The only “down side” is that doxy makes your skin extremely sun sensitive so sun screen and minimal sun exposure is necessary. It does take time to start seeing results but it’s absolutely worth it!"

Hailey January 10, 2019

For Pneumonia: "I let cough go untreated for 4 weeks because of no insurance, didn't want to create another bill I couldn't pay, and by end of week four I started coughing up blood so went to clinic. Pneumonia diagnosis. Was given doxycycline 100 mg x2 daily for 7 days. I'm on day two and already lungs are clear. Second day had a little stomach upset but I'd not drink much water that time. That is the key...drink water, drink water and drink water. Other than that one instance, no stomach trouble at all. It's a strong antibiotic and it works great, so glad I wasn't given amoxicillin which always tears my stomach up and works nowhere near as good as this has so far. Fist time using it and I'm thoroughly impressed so far. Tough out the stomach issues if you have any, again drink that water, cannot stress enough, not only for this drug but for helping the body to expel the mucous. Not cokes, not coffee or any caffeine, it's a diuretic and will keep you dehydrated."

Chuck (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

For Acne: "Was on Doxy for about 3-4 months, and it didn’t work for me. While I was on it, my acne actually got a lot worse and TERRIBLE on my back with no improvement. I also have thrown up multiple times because I forgot to take it with food. Instead of taking this, I would ask your doctor about Bactrim. If you look at the reviews on this website, people have said it works wonders. I got prescribed today so we’ll see if it works after 7 years of struggling with acne. Bactrim can cause allergic reactions though so definitely just ask your doctor about it and see if it’s right for you. With that being said, unfortunately I don’t recommend doxycycline."

mm1212 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2019

For Rosacea: "Only thing which reduced my breakouts. Before doxy I would have zits every day, now it's more like once a week. Overall skin is a lot smoother. Didn't do much for redness though."

lizzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2018

For Acne: "Wouldn’t recommend treating acne with any antibiotics. It’s not a long-term solution, and it causes a lot of damage over time, especially to your gut and immune system health. I took this a couple years ago, and it hardly improved my complexion at all. It didn’t really work for most other people I have talked to either. If you have moderate to severe acne, I would highly consider just going on Accutane instead. The side effects sound scary, but they’re really not that bad and it actually works. Plus, it doesn’t generally cause any long-term complications. I’m on it now, and my only complaint is not trying it sooner."

Fredrick (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2018

For Acne: "Took this for my skin, I was a little worried because I know antibiotics kill your gut flora, but my derm assured me I’d be fine.. well my acne went away, but what came was much much worse. I started to get very depressed, and my energy became very low... I wish I never started taking this.. I discontinued it and my acne came back 10x worse, I don’t understand why this pill even exists, it’s not a cure and just makes your skin worse after you stop taking it, avoid this pill at all costs! I wish I did"

Elle December 24, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Worked really quickly with my congestion in my face and runny nose. Kept my cough at bay too. Unfortunately after finishing the course I can still feel it in my chest. I feel the course needed another week to beat the pneumonia. I’ll have to visit my doctor again."

Marty December 24, 2018

For Bronchitis: "I have had a problem with lung infections from childhood..lots of bronchitis. Doxycycline has always been a super effective drug for my lung infections. It can cause some intense gastro-intestinal upset (especially reflux) if you are not careful about it. For best results take with food and make sure you take it with plenty of water. I took it once and because I did not drink enough water, it dissolved in my esophagus and caused a burn and ulcer there. It was so painful. A very effective drug though for bronchitis. Stay away from sunlight and spicy food while on it."

Bokjay (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "This antibiotic was great! I was terrified at taking it at first because I had read all the negative reviews lol. I had a painful boil under my armpit that had caused me to have a fever and chills and my doctor had prescribed me 100 mg twice a day. The first day taking it my boil had popped on it's own and then from there it started to heal tremendously. One thing I do recommend is taking this medication with food and a glass of water each time. I had no side effects at all!"

Lyssa (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Took this after a round of Amoxicillin for sinus and tooth pain, the Amox did not do much, but the doxy did. It also changed my digestion for the better and still cannot figure out why, totally unexpected result . My sinus headache and tooth pain cleared. Must be something in the gut it gets rid of also. I have experience no side effects whatsoever. I now have no bloat, pain, or anything in the gut, and can eat anything again without symptoms. Before I couldn't eat pizza, salads, dressings, cheese, mushrooms, spices, pickles, steak and sauces, without problems now I am all good - what gives? I have had gut pains for years, but recently no more. Strange, very strange. If I pass today, I was wrong, but not yet."

Tleary (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve suffered from acne for a long long time. I lost faith I could have clear skin. Dr prescribed me Doxycycline, Onexton, and Tazorac in October. I didn’t have faith my skin would stay clear. This is the first time since I was 16 that I’ve received compliments on my skin. I’m 31 now. It’s not 100 percent clear bc I have light scarring but I will take what my skin looks like. Try it. I did break out worse for about two weeks. Just really bad cystic acne which I never had. It stayed in one spot. And then it started to clear in Week 3. Currently in Week 10. Was on Differin before this. Did nothing but make my acne worse for 14 weeks. I’m African American and it worked well for my skin. I just refilled another prescription. I never want to run out."

Denise (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I noticed my urine had a very strong, pungent odor to it, was a little darker than normal, but, no pain or problems urinating. I googled "why does my urine smell so pungent". The response was possible UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). I purchased AZO urinary tract infection home self testing Test Strips at my local pharmacy and the results were positive. My doctor prescribed Doxycycline Hyclate 100mg. Within 3 days, the color and odor of my urine returned to normal. I continued to take my RX as prescribed for the next 7 days, took another AZO self test, and the results were negative. This drug worked for me; no side effects."

Eric (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Very bad side effects. I had to stop after the second pill. After reading the possible side effects, I am wondering how this drug got approved. It can kill you in more than one way or make you blind. Ask your doctor for an alternative."

BH (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

For Acne: "I can’t even express how happy I am that my dermatologist recommended this pill to me. I had horrible back and chest acne as well as moderate acne on my face. After the second month of this my face was CLEAR on top of that, my back and chest acne!! For the first time in years. I didn’t have any side effects to this medicine but I also followed the directions my pharmasicts gave me. Make sure you take this with a full stomach and with a full glass of water!! Before taking this I I was self conscious to leave my house and hang out with my friends. I’m on my third month and couldn’t be happier with my results. If given the choice try this out, it was life changing for me."

Hayleeloras (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I have an acute sinus infection has it for two weeks the doctor gave me doxycycline. I only took it two days I feel horrible body aches and fever"

Chyna December 2, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Cured gum infection, but also changed my digestion for the better, changed it like was 18 again, go figure. No side effects I have experienced. I drink beer as usual, no problem there that I can tell. If you have some bad bacteria in you, this stuff will kill it. The digestion effect was the most unexpected thing, don't know what it did, but it did - no pain, bloat, nothing, what can I say. I really forgot about any sort of digestive issues I was having. I can eat anything, and it does not bother me. ????"

TLeary December 2, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was given for sinusitis and bad cough. Didn't work and was told it was just a virus, but I ended up with septicemia and pneumonia in ICU was given Levaquin. This was July. Ended up in hospital with the same thing but other lung and not ICU this time. First time, no fever but the 2nd time was and I started to get the chills so doctor told me to get to ER where they kept me. I can't take Augmentin any more, I think if I had been given longer than 10 days on the Doxycycline this whole situation would have been avoided but no fever so nobody believed me and I almost bought the farm. Be nice if patients who have dealt with chronic problem were listened to. My old primary left and apparently my records have disappeared thanks to new PC program doctors/hospital started using."

Smee (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this medication due to a bacteria infection. I was on amoxicillin but was not getting any better after 4-5 days. Went to the doctor again and he prescribed me with this. I have only taken 3 pills so far but haven’t felt any side effects. I only rated it a 7 because I haven’t taken enough for me to know if it helps/works or not. So far so good though!"

Vdico15 (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

For Acne: "I've been on Doxy for about 6 weeks now. Within the first week of taking it, I had a MAJOR breakout. We're talking close to 7 cysts on my chin. These slowly dissipated and I'm now experiencing about a cyst a week on my chin. My acne is hormonal considering the fact I am a 18-year-old male and I should let it play out. However, the deep painful cysts are still too much and I am struggling in school. My doctor told me that you should see major results within the third week. When I return, he will probably put me on isotretinoin and see how that goes. Doxy wasn't the best option for me."

Clearlyaman (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

For Acne: "This medication cleared up my acne rosacea after three weeks of use. At present, I’m on a daily dose with no complaints. Use as directed."

Jake (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

Acticlate (doxycycline) for Acne: "I’ve been taking a 75 mg dosage for about 6-8 months. It cleared my face but I’ve noticed several side effects that developed over time including weight loss, strange thoughts, mild anxiety and mild depression."

Slsosn November 28, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...