User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa Pak, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doryx MPC, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, LymePak, Mondoxyne NL, Monodox, Morgidox, NicAzel Doxy, Ocudox, Oracea, Oraxyl, Periostat, Targadox, Uracil, Vibra-Tabs, Vibramycin …show all brand names

Anthrax

1 review 61 medications
Pleural EffusionNot rated - Be the first1 review 14 medications
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 7.0 1,053 reviews

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Acne: "Been on doxycycline 50mg for about 3 months now, after years of nothing helping it is generally but slowly getting there. Yes there's side effects like feeling ill or getting sun burnt easier but they are easily managed. After you get past the first month these effects dim down and the acne starts to appear less swollen and less often paired with benzoyl peroxide. I'm going for 6 months. After using over the counter rubbish for so long with no results or making it worse this is actually doing something and thanks to my countries medical system, its free!"

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Acne: "This pill combined with nightly use of Epiduo completely transformed my skin! I was a bit skeptic to take it after reading reviews but I realised what have I got to lose?? Best decision ever!! Within three months my skin has completely cleared. At first there were side effects when taking it such as feeling a bit nauseous but this can be fixed if you take it on a full stomach. Honestly, just try it. It might just work!"

Jays (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve been at this for at least 4 months and my skin is so bad now. It got better for like a week but now it’s absolutely disgusting and I’m not wanting to go anywhere because of it"

Brit (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Acne: "I tried it for a week. Then I choose to stop taking it. Yes it was definitely did its part to clear out and fade away your acne slowly. But don't get too happy as it is always gonna come out with the price. You are not gonna believe when it come to side effect to my body. First two days, I started feeling numb on my body..I lost my appetite. My weight suddenly dropped. First though I still can deal with it. But at fifth days, it became worst. I started vomiting and nauseous like every single minute!!!. I don't feel like doing anything accept just laying down and to sleep..then my stomach pain killed me every time. Is it worth to get acne vanished?..no if you're not strong enough to deal with the side effect on you daily activities and routines."

adam (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Pneumonia: "Started feeling better after first day of taking Doxy."

Katlyn September 3, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this medicine for UTI. So far (day 3) my UTI pain has gone down a lot. If you’re like me and you research every detail of a medicine before you take it, please listen to me. I have extremely bad anxiety and I’ll think I have tons of symptoms after I take my medicine but it’s just my anxiety. Take a deep breath. Take some probiotics, eat (if it is with food) and then take your antibiotics and you’ll be fine. Get some rest and drink water. This medicine gave me no symptoms. Stop researching! Everyone’s different, just because someone had a bad experience doesn’t mean you do!"

Emua (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

For Acne: "I have mild acne, mostly breakouts around the mouth. I was on lymecycline previously and I felt like it improved it slightly but wasn't happy with the lack of results and have been put on this. REGRET. I understand that all things have their "got to get worse before it gets better" but I have about 15 active painful spots on my face, not all whiteheads which is bad for me. I have been on Doxycycline for about 3 weeks so it is still early days but my skin is awful compared to what is what so I would avoid this because I don't think this stage is worth the potential results. I am gutted."

Spicer September 1, 2018

For Bronchitis: "Best antibiotic, no side effects and fast effective treatment."

Cherry7 (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Lyme Disease: "I thought I saw what was explained to be the bulls eye rash, or some type of red circle mark, on my upper arm one day after hiking. I immediately called the doctor and they got me in the next day. Said she didn’t think I had it but gave me doxycycline anyway for 14 days. Days 2-5 of taking it, you could look up the symptoms of what’s called a “die-off” of lyme bacteria from what I found, and every single one of them was felt: Chills, weakness, muscle and bone aches, you name it. It was horrible. Never felt like that in my life. But I finished the doxy and now I’ve been fine ever since. Even if you don’t think you have it, go get some antibiotics. Doesn’t hurt, and it’ll save your life from this crazy disease."

Zach (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I've been taking this drug for 5 days now for folliculitis, the 1st time I took it I was violently sick within 5 minutes. I've been suffering with headaches and nausea (feeling really drunk, room spinning) for these 5days. I've found my skin is so tender and feels really raw and very dry. Day 5 and I've woken up to vagina dryness which I'm guessing is due to this being a bacterial antibiotic so it's pretty uncomfortable... Haven't noticed any improvement but it's only day 5, I was prescribed a 60 day course. Hope it works as I've been struggling for nearly 10 years with this skin infection..."

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

For Malaria Prevention: "So I read the reviews here before starting my prescription of doxycycline (100mg once a day, for 6 weeks), and I was terrified. I’ve never taken antibiotics before. I usually took it after breakfast with a lot of water throughout the day. I experienced no side effects whatsoever, except for occasionally feeling fuzzy headed/ unable to concentrate. I was in Ghana at the time so it also could have been other factors such as diet. Overall, I didn’t notice any side effects of taking this medication. I would recommend. Some others in my group refused medication and in fact ended up getting malaria."

Lex (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Do not recommend taking!! Had horrible body aches and swollen lymph node Dr prescribed me it for 14 days 2 times a day I’m one week in and feel worse than I did before taking this medicine. My neck and head hurt so much I been in and out of the ER and they can’t find nothing wrong."

Sahv (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Rosacea: "Great and I have RA. Antibiotics are not my friend. I have too much going on in my gut flora. This never bothers me. Empty stomach or full. Great for kidney infection!"

C (taken for 10 years or more) August 24, 2018

For Acne: "From sophomore year in high school through senior year I had severe breakouts that no medication, cream, or routine could fix. I was on birth control for four months and during the fourth month I started doxy. My acne cleared up almost instantly and I thought maybe it was my birth control, so I stopped the doxy, and started breaking out. Though my skin is extremely reliant on it, (if I skip one day ill break out), it has helped tremendously and even my little bumps are gone. highly recommend!"

reviewer (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Finished 14(!) day course awhile back for a MRSA boil. Got another bad boil weeks later (now trying Septra/Batrim). I didn’t have any notable side effects; perhaps because I reduced refined sugar intake to near zero, drank lots of water, probiotics (not at same time), got plenty of rest punctuated with some exercise. Why so many bad reviews? I guess only problems motivate a review. A vast majority of users do fine. You may feel crummy on it for a few days as your body eliminates dead bacteria. It’s ‘germ warfare’! Hope this helps."

Col (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Acne: "PLEASE don't freak out when your face breaks out when you first start on this medicine. Trust the process, it will make it ok once you get past the purge phase."

yogal August 18, 2018

For Acne: "I was prescribed doxycycline for my acne, I can't express enough that you should NOT go on this medication. My GP had told me that the medication could cause mild nausea but I wasn’t aware of the extent of this. When I took a pill it gave me the worst nausea, I would feel sick for up to an hour. A lot of the time I would actually throw up as well alongside this. The sickness would also take a while to kick in, so I could be in public feeling fine one minute and the next minute I’m vomiting. You’re probably thinking why didn’t I just come off it, but I was literally desperate to get rid of my acne because of how it was making me feel, I would have done anything. After about 6 months my acne had pretty much cleared up, but then a few months later it came straight back again and I would say it was a lot worse. I then had to go on accutane after anyway so it was a complete waste of time and definitely not worth it considering the side effects. Would not recommend at all!"

poll August 14, 2018

For Acne: "I was prescribed doxycycline for my moderate acne by my dermatologist. I took it for 1.5 months and my skin did not improve - in fact it seemed worse. This drug is also extremely rough on your stomach. It caused me to throw up, made me nauseous and also gave me bad headaches. I would look at topical treatments like Aczone and changing your diet before trying this."

same26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For Pneumonia: "Another visit to the doctor, I was prescribed Doxycycline 100mg 3x daily. During the office visit I was also given Rocephin and Decadron injections to aid in recovery. I pushed for steroid and antibiotic injections, because I desperately wanted to avoid a hospital stay. I'm now on day 3 of the Doxycycline and finally feel like I'm turning the corner to wellness. I've had no side effects from the Doxycycline and tolerated well. -I always finish the full course of antibiotics. I do not expect to fully recover after 2 days. -I avoid stomach upset and take med with a meal or small snack, unless otherwise instructed. -I am aware of medicinal interactions. I always check with my doctor to make sure another med I am currently prescribed will not interact adversely. -I am cautious if I have a history of antibiotic sensitivity. -I use common sense while ill and on an antibiotic. Rest, drink plenty of fluids, and report any serious side effects immediately."

KennyLVN August 11, 2018

For Acne: "If I could give this medication a 0, I would. I didn’t have very severe acne, just minor breakouts. When my derm. Recommended this medication for 8 weeks I was thrilled to finally get rid of those pesky breakouts! WRONG. I NEVER had horrible cystic acne until NOW! My face has never looked so bad. My derm. told me to “trust the process” and to keep taking the medication. On top of having horrible white heads, black heads and cystic acne ALL over my face I have also began to become very depressed. If I skipped the medication even once, I started crying uncontrollably for no reason. I began to stop eating and was very lethargic. I am a couple weeks now OFF the medication and my face HAS NOT improved. I am seeing an esthetician now so she can FIX what my dermatologist RUINED. Which is my face and my confidence. DO NOT USE THIS MEDICATION."

Elybelly (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve been using it for 4 weeks now. I have minor acne, After taking this medication my big red pimples completely vanished! But I get 3-4 small white pimples on my chin area that goes away within 5 days but leaves a small mark. I hope it gets better and won’t give me strong side effects in the future"

Anonymous August 9, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been prescribed doxycycline 100mg starting on 2 tablets the first day, a good few times for an infection in a small leg ulcer. Today I started the course & felt sick 30 mins or so after taking the 2 tablets, I've never had any bad reactions before when taking these. I've taken them on an empty stomach but couldn't eat if I tried, I'll not be taking anymore. I've had to phone in sick at work thinking I had a bug. I'm so glad I found this page or I'd have continued taking them. "

MissX (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Acticlate (doxycycline) for Acne: "My son started this after developing cystic acne. Within 4 months of use and monthly facials we thought it was a blessing. His face was clear and almost no traces of acne. However by month 6 he begin having severe body aches, lethergic, fevers and losing weight. Dermatologist said this medication would not cause these side effects. After seeing a rheumatologist, neurological, several and I mean several ER visits we could not find a diagnosis for his severe issues. By month 10 he had lost 15 lbs, countless days of missed school, let alone the pain he was suffering my son decided to stop the medication. Doctors all said it would not be the cause of his symptoms. Could it be coincident that a month after stopping this medication he no longer had body pain, 2 months later he regained his energy.? Unfortunately he hasn't been able to gain his weight back which is fine at least I got my son back. I won't say this doesn't work but the un known side effects were not worth it. Not for my son."

Momof4 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2018

For Acne: "Been on this since late November last year, about 8 months now since I did get off it for a month or so but my acne came back and I had to go back to it. First few months I didn't see much of a difference but only see results 2 months ago, now I only have not noticeable bumps underneath skin I'm trying to get rid of. I advised to be patient and consistent (which I rarely am hahah). Try to take at a 12 hr intervals. Also if this is helpful, my doctor said that if adolescent acne after cured it most probably wont come back, but if its adult acne, it will come back. I'm in between both so I'm hoping it wont come back. Goodluck!"

Lysha (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2018

For Prostatitis: "On my second week of doxy which has reduce my symptoms. I got sores in mouth after a few days ,no other side effects till now .Prescribed for 21 days"

Ani (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...