User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa Pak, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doryx MPC, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, ...show all 26 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 27 medications

Lyme Disease, Arthritis 1 reviews 35 medications

Gastroenteritis 1 reviews 21 medications

Summary of Doxycycline reviews 829 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Acne: "Cleared up my acne and is keeping it away. I've used it for about 2 months now and almsot all my acne is gone. Using this along with adapalene to get rid of acne scars."

wavvyem (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: "Hi All - I have been taking Oracea for about a week now and have actually found my rosacea to worsen. I am considering stopping the treatment but wondering if anyone who likes the drug has had the experience of it getting worse before it gets better. Feeling very self-conscious and frustrated. Thank you."

Rosacea getting worse (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I first went on Doxy for 6 months with little to no improvement. My dermatologist continued to prescribe me Doxy, along with Epiduo, 2 medicated face washes, Aczone and Tazorac. It has been over a month and I am beyond frustrated. I have seen no improvement on my cystic cheek acne, and every morning I wake up to 7-15 new whiteheads. I want to go on accutane but my dermatologist tells me I am not a good candidate. I hate being ashamed of my face and feeling ugly because of my stupid acne."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Four months with 40 mg/day no change. Terrible experience. Wash religiously."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea: "I was prescribed Doxycycline (100mg per day) by my GP for acne rosacea, or papulopustular rosacea. I have tried other medications in the past both topical and oral without much success and so I decided to go to my doctor to request another referral to a dermatologist (waiting time is two months under the NHS) and he gave me Doxy til then. Only been taking it about a week so it's too early to comment on its effectiveness but I haven't experienced any adverse reactions to the drug (thank heavens!). I will keep you updated on my progress and/or regress on the drug. P.s. I only gave it 5/10 because I think at this point that that's a fair rating since it has neither improved nor worsened my symptoms and hasn't made me ill."

IntelligentMind (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Glad to know I'm not alone after reading all the reviews. My doctor prescribed this to treat Bronchitis/possible pneumonia. Doc notes and prescription label never said anything about taking with food. The only thing the doc said was to stay out of the sun and avoid caffeine. Horrible stomach churning, major dry heaving every single time after taking this crazy pill twice a day. For 10 days I dreaded the nauseous, nausea, disgusting feeling. After all that, I'm still sick. Whomever created this pill is crazy and so is my doctor for prescribing this to me. Amoxicillin has been fine in the past, worst experience with a pill ever. Does the vomiting mean I'm allergic to doxycycline?"

Barf May 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I was put on doxy 50g once a day I am onto my 3rd week I can tell you in the first week saw a bit more flare up in my acne, 2nd week came around worst flare up I've ever had! And it's still continuing. Either my dosage is too little or it's just making things a whole lot worse. My face wasn't that bad 3 weeks ago. I have never had acne this bad before I'm 23 and have always had pimples but only small ones and there odd big one.. now cheeks, jawline and neck covered in cystic acne Starting doxy I even stopped all sugar, started drinking green tea and eating more fruit and only drinking water!"

Angel93 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I am unsure how effective this medication is because I could only tolerate it for 2 days before I told my doctor I was pulling myself off. Taking it on an empty stomach as prescribed had me vomiting within an hour and created an instant MASSIVE headache. The kind that has you pressing on part of your head to make sure your brain is still in there. I had to eat a small meal before any doses. It killed my appetite and also made me feel depressed, lethargic and apathetic. I tried to sleep through the evening doses, but would wake up with a terrible headache that would take hours to kick."

SadSinuses (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Lyme Disease: "Even though it says it is absorbed better without food, I would Definitely advise taking it WITH food (as my pharmacist suggested to me). I tried to take the first dose without food, big mistake. Within an hour started getting really shaky and nauseous, felt like throwing up big time. I had to hurry up and down some food quickly to stop it. As long as I take it right after a meal, and with plenty of water, I am fine. Occasional headaches with this medicine. You can definitely tell it is a strong medication (for an antibiotic), so be careful. I was prescribed two weeks of Doxycycline to prevent possible Lyme Disease from being bit by a tick a few days ago. As long as you can stick through the side effects, this medicine is effective."

cbrados May 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Lyme Disease: "Spent 11 days in the hospital as a 10 year old kid with joint pain, rash, intermittent fever, high white blood cell count and a week later my hands and feet shed skin: 48 years ago, tested positive for lymes antibodies of both active and passive type and recieved 14 days of oxytetracycline therapy which appeared to cause severe fatigue but also cured left hand carpal tunnel syndrome (Doctor diagnosed) . Antibodies of only the passive type showed up 35 years after a precautionary test. Was bitten by an unknown critter who left a bulls eye ring 10 days a go and Doctor prescribed 14 days 100mg 2X day doxytetracycline. Hands and feet turned red today. I did have severe pain in my hip just today, perhaps exertion. Will see."

cardaman (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have been on this medication for 2 weeks now and I've seen amazing results its still bringing out tiny blemishes but its working very well"

mmmmim (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: "I have tried low dose doxycycline and Periostat to treat ocular rosacea but both cause me to have a severe headache which does not go away. Only Oracea, unfortunately, with time-release doxycycline, keeps the dosage constant enough to avoid headaches. However, I no longer have pain and a feeling of "grittiness" in my eyes. Insurance covers some of cost (generic)"

Starrella (taken for 10 years or more) May 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I took a doxycycline tablet in the evening without enough water and went to bed. The next morning I thought the pill was stuck in my throat. The next day I felt like I had heartburn. The following day the muscles in my throat were spasming and I had much pain with swallowing. I believe the pill caused esophagitis. I have extreme burning when swallowing food."

Mom of Nine (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have used doxy and it works. I stopped using it?, for almost a year and I didn't have an acne breakout. Then the following year I used Diane 35 they are also good. All I'm gonna say is we all different it may work for others or not."

Azania May 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Day 3 of taking doxycycline and my eyes are burning and swelling, any one else have this problem? Does it eventually stop? Should I stop taking or should I tough it out?"

MollieNic May 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Don't expect this to work quickly. Most people are hoping for something to clear their acne up right away and I can assure you this isn't it. My acne wasn't totally clear until about three months into using this medication, and there was a lot of suffering in the in between time. And once it cleared up, the dermatologist took me off it to avoid bacterial resistance. So now my acne is coming back, and by now having been off doxy for about two months my acne is almost as bad as it was before. If you're looking for a permanent solution or a quick fix, this isn't a good choice"

Borgo April 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Lyme Disease: "Discovered a tick on my thigh last Sunday after showering. Guessing it happened within 48 hours. Removed and discarded it, not knowing I should have kept it. Bite are was inflamed but painless. Washed it and applied Vaseline and a bandaid. Saw my Doctor on Wednesday. She took blood to test for Lyme disease. She prescribed one dose (two 100mg tablets) of doxycycline hyclate. Took it on an empty stomach with water. Strong reaction. She said to return in six weeks for a follow up. Hope it works..."

TP. April 28, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "Prescription 100 mg twice a day for sinus infection - after taking 2nd dose-severe head pressure ie migraine w/sensitivity to light ie TV & LED bulb. I thought I'm really sick & went to bed. In the morning headache gone but now had both of my hands especially my middle and ring fingers from tip of finger to 1st knuckle closest to nail cuticle had feeling of asleep or burnt- tingling, inflamed, itchy or even burnt. I took another one then thought somethings not right here like possible allergic reaction...contacted Dr who directed not to take anymore and changed the antibiotic to a zee pack. Also contacted pharmacist to flag my record of this allergic reaction. its 3 days off doxy (did not start z pack yet) still some tingling present."

Chris 43 yrs old female (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Hello, in 2015 I was suffering from moderate acne. My face was full of acne & marks. I was going through depression & the result was clearly showing up on my face. Later as I came out of depression in March 2016 but my face was still showing some moderate acne. Which used to worsen sometimes. Later in August I visited dermatologist. He prescribed me doxycycline for 2 months. He even added that I should not take it for a long period of time & within 2 weeks I could see results. It worked wonderfully. My face was totally cleared up. I still suffer from mild acne but I go back to doxy dosage. Which is if I'm taking it now for 15 days then I won't take it for next 1 or 1.5 month. Just to avoid resistance. But I must say doxy is saviour."

Sunshine07013 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I was suffering from major cystic acne on my cheeks, forehead and chin. Everyone started commenting on the horrible situation of my face :( I started feeling frustrated. I used to feel ashamed going outside. Then my doctor prescribed me doxycycline tablet (1/day), clyndamine gel. It took one month to start showing its effects. And believe me ..my skin started becoming real clear. Right now my chin and forehead are completely clear and cheeks are having light acne marks which are fading day by day .Now the people who used to comment on my acnes they are admiring my clear face :) :)"

Sreeparna (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I am suffering from Cystic Acne & Acne Vulgaris . I used all Face washes but nothing worked. I spent a lot of money on these products but Did not get relief. Last year, I used Vibramycin tablets for 2 weeks. It worked wonder !!! My face was clear. But White heads acne came back. I don't know why.. But It is very irritating for me. I can't go out to enjoy. I can't go to park."

Sameer2309 April 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia: "You bunch of cry babies! Just take the antibiotic and whatever comes with it if you want to get better! Toughen up!!"

IGobbleUpSickness (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Hi I have suffered acne since I was 15. I am now late 20s. I would say that it is effective and one of the antibiotics that I can tolerate the most. Previous antibiotic use has always had intolerable side-effects for me. I guess everyone is different. Although I am currently suffering an outbreak I know my skin would be worse without it. I guess there is no cure from acne. I'd rather take the medication than not. Having a break from antibiotic use has meant that the outbreak is severe. Whilst on antibiotics I may have an outbreak but not as damaging."

Pop17 April 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I've been on this medication for adult cystic acne once before, about 3 years ago, for like 3 months I think and it did work for me...... but only for 6 months and then after that 6 months, it came back with a vengeance! It came back very slowly, but it came back all the same. I didn't want to go back on the mediation because I know it's not good to take it for long periods of time, but 4 months ago, I said I can't take the pain anymore, I'm going to the doc again" because no matter what acne washes I used, no matter what topical acne systems I tried, no matter what diet changes I made, NOTHING worked. At all. I'm currently back on doxy but have added topical clindamycin solution. Has sped up healing! Doxy does work."

Sufferer1985 April 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "This product does not work...instead I got pimples all over my chest, had terrible vivid nightmares , body ache and dry skin and lips. Was taking it for 2 months. Not even the slighest improvement."

Hanciu April 12, 2017