User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa Pak, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, Monodox, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 26 medications

Lyme Disease, Arthritis 1 reviews 34 medications

Gastroenteritis 1 reviews 20 medications

Summary of Doxycycline reviews 642 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Bacterial Infection: "Started taking doxycycline for sinus infections because of other drug allergies, such as penicillin, sulfa and Cipro. I take it between breakfast and lunch and then between lunch and supper. I set up after taking and have no problems with this drug. Thank God I have something to take and my head feels better after the first dose. Hopefully, I will not develop any allergies to this. I have taken this for three times, 10 days at a time, now over the last three years with no problems."

goodnews from indiana July 26, 2016

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: "My daughter had had horrible acne for years. Nothing has worked, tried everything except birth control pills. She had her wisdom teeth pulled and was prescribed this and within 3 days her face was clear. Totally amazing! Shocked to find such a simple solution that has not given her any side effects."

Mam8 July 23, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "So, one thing that really helps with the nausea is taking it after or while eating thick yogurt, like Greek yogurt. When I did that I didn't get nauseous."

Mariaghh July 23, 2016

For Acne: "I've been using it for 3 weeks, whilst also using cetaphil, moisturising, exercising, drinking a lot of water. It hasn't helped that much at all, it seemed to work, but all the acne is still winning. After 4 weeks I'm ditching it if I see no significant improvements"

Jimmy R G July 22, 2016

For Acne: "I took Doxycycline for severe cystic acne for six months. My skin cleared up beautifully, however once I stopped taking it, within a week, my skin broke out 10x worse than it was before I started taking Doxycycline. I ended up not only with the usual painful cystic acne, but also on top of that developed acne rosacea... So my face was lumpy, painful, and terribly red."

LouH83 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2016

For Acne: "I'm 15 and had pretty bad acne for about three years. My dermatologist percribed 150mg doxycycline haplate to take once in the AM, also paired with 0.1% adapalene gel 2 or 3 times a week and cetaphil gentle face clenser every night This has tremendously helped my acne!!!! Also i use PanOxyl face wash (recommend by dermatologist) and a moisturizer every morning, You can buy it at Walmart or Walgreens. As for the doxycycline I haven't had any side effects other than little stomach aches but that's it. (I've only been using this routine for 14 days So I don't know about what will happen but as for now it's pretty great :)"

* READ (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For Acne: "I am 18 years old, and had severe acne on my cheeks and chin area since I was about 14. Acne was the hardest thing I have ever went through and was ruining my confidence. I went to the dermatologist and got prescribed .1% tretinoin cream and doxycycline 100mg twice a day. I was on doxy for 4 months and my acne stayed EXACTLY the same. I always read the review on this site for this product, and promised myself I would write one. I did not work for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you. I have been off doxy for about four weeks now and I have ZERO pimples. I do have a lot of redness and LOTS of acne scars, but use mederma and have had one laser treatment for scars and am planning on having 2 more. Stay positive... it gets better!!"

sav1234 July 16, 2016

For Lyme Disease: "Got tick bite June 2014 and ER rash on arm. Got doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for three weeks. No side effects. One year later got stocking/glove neuopathy which progressed, and over a period of one year, and 3 primary care physicians, new symptoms cycled, but never dissappeared. Now, two years after bite, I reviewed my records and noticed I was never tested for lyme. Elisa test was negative, even tho I had bite and circular red rash 3 days after nymph was removed. Now on doxycycline again, 2x 100 mg daily for three weeks. This time, first day made me very fatigued 8 hours after first dose. Take pills on empty stomach and no side effects. No rating since no lyme diagnosis lol."

SeaChanger July 13, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "At her dermatologists suggestion I have been giving my wife who has dementia this product for 3 weeks. After 3 weeks she manifested serious side effects. Feeding her 2 X a day went from 1/2 an hour to 2-3 hours for each meal. She also became very sleepy during the day and required two naps a day of two hours. Fortunately I have two live in nurses to care for her as feeding her became a full time job. While we still go out for half hour walks every day since going on Doxy she is very tired when we return and has to go to sleep by 8:00 PM. I can no longer read to her or watch TV. I have cut back to 1 tab a day with omeprazole 40 MG until the Doctor calls me back with a different antibiotic. I will provide more details soon."

Taking Doxy 2X a day July 12, 2016

For Acne: "I'm 16 years old, my skin was really clear in the beginning of my freshman year, but my acne started at the end of freshman year. Obviously occasional breakouts but i started to pick at my face and it just got progressively worse. My acne isn't cystic or all over my face, my breakouts occur in certain areas such as my forehead/hairline. A few blackheads in my T zone and on my lower checks. The pimples i suffer most with are whiteheads and blackheads. I always popped whiteheads and blackheads and they have left scars on my face, I tried Retin-A and other medications but im now using Doxy and ive seen few results but I honestly hope to see greater results at the end of summer 2016 just in time for when i go back to school for my junior year."

Anonymous July 12, 2016

For Acne: "I'm a 36 year old female who is managing face, chest and back acne with doxy and differin gel .3%. I take 200 mgs of doxy in the AM and at night I apply differin to my face, chest and back. I have been on this routine since 6/30/16. Since that time no new acne has sprouted and existing acne has significantly improved. Doxy and differin is an interim solution as my derm believes acne outbreak is hormonal. As interim solution, I recommend doxy and differin."

Adult Acne 1280 July 10, 2016

Doxy 100 (doxycycline) for Acne: "Well i was 15 when i started getting acne n it kept on getting worse! After 4 Years to that my dermatologist suggested me Doxybact 100 that i cud take hardly for a week bc i got a severe form of allergic reaction so i had to stop takin it. But now after 4 years to even that i started takin it again n it did wonders! It just cleared my skin well!! I m v happy with the results bc no cream gel facewash had ever helped me this way! The only reason i hav rated this 7 is that it works only if i am takin it continuously! If i stop takin it my acne come back even within 20 days! Thats the worst part but otherwise its amazin!!"

Aimi July 10, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I battled a nasty UTI for over a month & went through 3 different antibiotics till my doctor finally gave me this one. Makes you terribly sick to your stomach but in the end is completely worth it!! Felt completely back to normal in 2 days!!"

Elizabeth20605 July 6, 2016

For Acne: "I've been using Clindamycin in the mornings and Atralin at night for nearly two months with very minimal results. I started taking Doxy about 3 days ago and my skin has dramatically improved. No more new breakouts, just healing acne. The only reason I give it 8/10 is because I haven't finished my 30 day cycle. Haven't experienced any nausea or vomitting, just minor stomach ache if I don't eat enough with the pill in the morning."

AmandaMaria July 6, 2016

Doxy 100 (doxycycline) for Prostatitis: "Treated for prostatitis, I was prescribed a 56 capsule, 28 day course. They quickly dealt with the main symptom, very painful urination. Having not noted the warning about exposure to sunlight, I went out in the sun and suffered, firstly, severe itching of the scalp; followed by reddening of the scalp and nose. I stayed out of the sun for the next 27 days."

Another Woody July 6, 2016

For Acne: "im using 20 g doxycycline it made my acne even worst i have huge pimples all over before it wasnt this bad but i heard it gets worst before it clears so ill wait"

quel19 July 4, 2016

For Acne: "It has helped clear up my acne, but it also has given me annoying side effects. Whenever I take it it always makes my stomach make really loud and embarrassing sounds. It also gives me indigestion and nausea even if I take it with food. Yet another side effect is that it makes me dizzy and lightheaded. I've also noticed that my skin is becoming really itchy and even more sensitive than it normally is. I've been on it for less than a week and it's great that my skin looks kind of decent again, but I don't think I can put up with the side effects anymore, especially the itching, dizziness, and indigestion. Looks like I'll have to find something else to help with my moderate acne."

BBMM July 4, 2016

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: "I am 16 years old and my acne has been a problem for a little over 6 months. I was previously on Acticlate for about 2 months which did not help my skin much and had terrible side effects like vomitting. My dermatologist switched me to Oracea 40 mg and I was hopeful. The first week on it, my skin became so much worse and I wanted to get off of it. However, after that first week, my skin began to clear up and now only has a few red spots. This medication works great, you just have to push through the first week and remember that things get worse before they get better. I also love Oracea because it has no side effects on me which is great."

Alexis O June 29, 2016

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: "My dermatologist prescribed this to me for cystic acne. While it did clear up the acne I had horrible side effects. My hair was falling out more than usual, my gums were always swollen and puffy, and the worst of it was getting cdiff. Of course cdiff is a rare side effect and I ended up getting it, but I will never take this medication again."

Kb08526 June 26, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was prescribed this for periol dermatitis and skin infection. My whole head feels so much clearer and inflammation in my body that I didn't know I had ( due to a shoulder injury) I have lost all inflammation and I've gone down a pant size. I use to have to take omeprazole for stomach acid. After 3 days my insides opened up and no more omeprazole OR MY ANXIETY meds. I believe in this medication. It helps with everything."

Anonymous June 25, 2016

For Acne: "Ive been fighting with "acne" since my mod 20s im now 35. I was also a picker. I have anxiety so it became a way to relieve my anxiety its called dermatelomania (not sure of the spelling) anyway I regret not seeing a dermatologist yrs ago because If I dont have pimples I dont pick which means no scarring. I was afraid to try it at first because of some of the reviews saying it got worse before it got better.Not for me ive been on it for almost 3 weeks and I seen a differwnce in the first 2 days. Bow 3 weeks later my skin is bump free. I dont even know how to explain the relief I have and stress that has been lifted off my shoulders. Everyday was a battle for years and I think I tried every product out there through the yrs. Anyway goodluck"

Woman8181 June 25, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Took this medicine for a few days and got horrible reactions. Itchy skin, rashes everywhere, swollen eyes and lips, hands and feet, then my throat felt tight and I had to replace it with levafloxocin. It might be effective but has horrible side effects on me. If you have allergies I would avoid."

Dan Kost June 24, 2016

For Acne: "I have had bad acne since the age of 16, I am a healthy and fit female, and have tried multiple acne washes and creams, benzoyl peroxides, diet and lifestyle changes, and even the last extreme for acne: Accutane (or Isotretinoin). All have failed, and especially the Isotretinoin, it made my acne a lot worse and I could not handle how my lips were splitting and bleeding, and I broke out with blisters all over my back-very strange. I had tried doxycyclin a few years ago, but must not have taken it properly, but now, at the age of 20, I started taking it, and my skin (for the first time in many years) is clear and healthy and the acne scars are clearing. HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE RELIGIOUSLY"

Ilovedoxy June 23, 2016

For Acne: "I had been using a prescribed topic gel (Bianca) for 5 months when I reached out to my doctor to pair it with a medicine after reading reviews that pairing oral and topic medications can work wonders on skin. I was given doxycycline, and can honestly say this combination gave me 85% clear skin, which I was more than happy with. However, doxycycline lowers the bacteria level in your body which causes less acne. But it also threw my pH balance off and I got frequent yeast infections that were unresponsive to treatments. So I had to ditch the doxycycline, still using Bianca religiously, and almost immediately, the infections cleared up. But my skin has gotten pretty bad again these past few months :'("

Anonymous June 23, 2016

For Lyme Disease: "I took this medication in 2014. I ended up taking this daily for a month and it worked well, but made me extremely naesuous after taking it. To compensate the good bacteria that was being killed, I took some Greek named probiotic that worked pretty well to fix my nausea."

Lizbop (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 18, 2016