User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa Pak, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doryx MPC, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, ...show all 26 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Doxycycline Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 132 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Doxycycline to treat Bronchitis

"Miracle worker! I was on amoxicillin for 5 days went back to my GP as my symptoms were no better if anything the infection had spread. My GP swapped me over to Doxycycline and with in 24 hours I started to notice improvements, I'm on day 4 (7 day course) and today is the first day I've not had a fever or been coughing non stop. The coughing is still quit persistent but with this med I'm hopeful I'll be ok very soon. Minor side effects for me; dizziness & headaches"

NS51 December 10, 2016

"ON 10-5-16, my teen was given 11 doses of doxy, over 9 days, who has auto immune disease/allergies, IgA deficiency since birth, by school clinic Nurse. 2nd dose of different antibiotic in 30 days, fr unresolved Sinus infection turned bronchitis. Nurse advised, in 10 years of administering, no probs, Never NOT worked. My daughter IS NOT WELL. Side Effects made HER SICKER. I became alarmed when short car ride caused motion sickness, weakness while shopping, all weekend she complained "Mom, something's NOT RIGHT. SOMETHING's WRONG! My body's not right.". Symptoms included: headache, nausea, joint pain in hands, deep sore throat pain, still has congestion in chest, unusual tiredness. I COULDNT GET HER TO STAY AWAKE THIS MORNING!"

CarleeBug's Mom (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

"Took entire 1 week cycle. It did nothing for my bronchitis symptoms. Lots of nausea, and I almost never get nauseous. Going back to the doctor to request a chest x-ray. Want to be sure I don't have pneumonia."

Fiasco September 24, 2016

"First time taking it, found out after a week of taking it I'm allergic to it...red ITCHY rash from head to toe. And now I have diarrhea too, ugh."

Anonymous November 12, 2015

"Have never taken this medicine before for Bronchitis. Have had upset stomach, diarrhea, body aches. Have taken w/wo food and no difference in symptoms. Had no relief. I stopped taking and should have taken amoxicillen instead."

TomFh November 8, 2015

"this is my 2nd day of taking it. I do feel a bit better. I noticed some posters speaking about nausea. take this med about 15 minutes after a FULL meal. NEVER on an empty stomach. "

kbharbert July 26, 2015

"I have had what I originally thought might be pneumonia, then decided was bronchitis. My doctor gave me one antibiotic which didn't kill much of 'the bug', so he put me on tetracycline 100mg twice a day. I immediately had some nausea, which I never have. Over the next three days I developed, and still have: esophagitis, dyspepsia (heart burn), diarrhea, unusual headache, noticeable lack of appetite, and new onset lower back pain. In all fairness I have several health issues, but these symptoms that l listed above are new, except for the last two, although this time the rate and severity of these symptoms are different. The drug seems to work well, I have almost always seen good results in my patients, but the side effects suck."

SuperNurseTerry (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

"I'm currently on day 4 of 10 taking Doxy twice a day. My doctor thought I had a touch of bronchitis, although I was thinking possible pneumonia. Anyway, I felt better almost immediately after taking the first dose or two, but it's still not the full relief I was hoping for. My cough is just slighly looser and I definitely feel better, but I'm still coughing quite a bit and wheezing. I was prescribed another time a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure I remember it taking a good 8 or 9 days to completely kick in. I'll try to remember to post update in another few days. I'm really HOPING that this kicks in stronger sometime in the next 3-4 days. Tired of coughing."

Bronchitis February 16, 2015

"I used doxycycline hyclate for my bronchitis. It really helped me get better faster, it even got rid of the few zits I had. The downfall is after I was done with my prescription I broke out all over! My face, neck, and chest are all covered in acne or its a rash, I'm not sure... I've never had bumps this bad in my entire life!"

:/ February 4, 2015

"My pulmonary Doctor ordered this (Doxycycline) for me after being treated at home, for a few months and then I was placed in a hospital for 4 days and then in a rehab hospital for 2 weeks. I finally took my first dose of doxycycline and the next day, I knew I was going to get well. I remained in rehab for a total of 30 days with 2 times a day rehab. I know Doxycycline saved my life! I give Doxycyclne a 10. I had NO side effects...all GOOD EFFECTS!"

nilla (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2014

"Have been prescribed doxycycline for bronchitis, also have asthma and have been on Prednisone steroids along side the antibiotics. Side effects experienced: Increased urination, Slow urine flow, Severe Kidney Pain, Headaches, Stomach pain, Yeast infection (Male). Out of all the antibiotics ever in my system these have the worst side effects, the chest infection has passed in 5 days."

badger... April 17, 2012

"Very powerful. Works good for the infections but the side effects are cruel. For an hour and a half after I take it I have severe nausea, belching with it coming up, and stomach cramps."

Boo Boo pink July 3, 2011

Vibramycin (doxycycline): "Was prescribed doxycycline hcl for bronchitis. Have been taking for 3 days now and no change in symptoms. I still cough so hard my head throbs so bad I want to pull it off. My daughter was just diagnosed with viral pneumonia in both lobes of her Right lung, so maybe I don't actually have bronchitis."

doesnt like this drug all January 12, 2011

"Extreme stomach discomfort and nausea as well as severe headaches and vaginal itch"

Herr October 4, 2009