User Reviews for Doryx

Urinary Tract Infection 1 reviews 185 medications

Lyme Disease, Neurologic 2 reviews 33 medications

Summary of Doryx reviews 63 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Doryx

For Acne "My dermatologist prescribed this to me for cystic acne. While it did clear up the acne I had horrible side effects. My hair was falling out more than usual, my gums were always swollen and puffy, and the worst of it was getting cdiff. Of course cdiff is a rare side effect and I ended up getting it, but I will never take this medication again."

Kb08526 June 26, 2016

For Acne "I got prescribed Doryx, along with two topicals, Aczone in the morning and Ziana at night, when I was having moderate acne. I never have had extremely bad acne but I started to get multiple extremely painful pimples so I decided to get some treatment. The Doryx along with the two topicals work great, still get a few pimples here and there but much better than before. HOWEVER, with the coverage on my insurance this pill costs me $75 for a bottle of 30, 200mg tablets. It was $25 when I first started taking it about a year and a half ago and has just gone up in price ever since. Works great but is extremely expensive in my opinion."

Sxanb (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2016

For Bronchiectasis "Doxycycline is a very good easy to take once a day medicine that works very well with my bronchiectasis , no side effects when taken with food , no ill feeling or dizziness as with other antibiotics , overall very good drug."

soulboy118 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Made me nauseated."

Anonymous December 16, 2015

For Acne "I got this medicine in September and my face got bad then cleared up, but i kept going through a cycle: clear up, get better over and over. It's mid December now and I haven't cleared up in weeks. I also have back, shoulder, and chest acne. It did nothing to that. I'm going to switch antibiotics soon"

B$ December 15, 2015

For Acne "I have never had perfect skin, always had 1 or 2 pimples at a time, and usually a cystic one too. But 5 months ago I started breaking out BAD, mostly on my lower cheeks and chin. I tried so many Orc face washes and scrubs but nothing worked. I finally went to the dermatologist and I have been taking doryx 200mg a day for about a week now, as well as using epiduo at night before bed. My skin is already clearing up! I mostly have hyper pigmentation and some scarring now, which I will have to deal with, but hardly any pimples!! I'm hoping it will keep getting better as the goes on but for now, I am loving doryx."

Ktttt September 1, 2015

For Acne "My dermatologist put me on Doryx a couple months back. My acne was bad, inflamed and painful all over my cheeks. I took half the pill once a day and at first it made my skin dry out. But my acne disappeared within a week and a half. Afterwards I stopped using it. Then noticed my skin breaking out again. So I'm back on it again and it has settled my skin. I quit eating dairy as well while taking it and I have yet to have a breakout. I now take it every other day as it dries out the skin all over my body. But totally worth the results !!"

Jennuhpurr (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

For Acne "I have been taking this medication for about three months now. It has cleared up 80% of my acne, and I have not gotten any new acne since I've been on it. Also, I haven't lost any hair, or had any side effects/problems while on this medication."

SofiaI July 2, 2015

For Acne "I have only been on doryx for about a week, but my acne has almost completely cleared up. And I have had no new acne since starting. Definitely the best acne treatment I've tried."

Sean O June 15, 2015

For Acne "Hi Everyone I have been on Doryx for nearly 3 months. The pimples on my face and back have gotten worse and worse I am constantly breaking out to be honest my face is worse being on this medication then it was before i started it."

sydaust88 May 25, 2015

For Acne "Cleared my acne. Takes about a good 2-3 months, then scarring is left over. Don't confuse scarring with acne. The scarring will go away. Go with the Doxycyclines and Minocyclines."

vinpb90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2014

For Acne "I've been taking Doryx for about a week now and so far so good. It hasn't really made my pimples go away but I haven't had any new ones since I've been on it."

Qwerty10009 January 4, 2014

For Acne "The pill worked within a month. I stopped taking it and my acne came back so I'm back on the pill and now it's taking quite a bit of time to go away."

Kiee December 29, 2013

For Syphilis, Early "It cleared me up right away."

Pike606 (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2013

For Acne "I suffered from cystic acne for years. Doryx totally and completely has changed my life. I rarely even get a pimple around the time of my period anymore. When I first started Doryx, (5 months ago) I was taking 150 mg daily. Now, I take 75mg every other day. I can't praise this drug enough! Life changing, I wish I had started taking it years ago."

MartaSpicoli November 11, 2013

For Acne "I am 37. After my last child was born, I started getting these really deep, painful pimples all around my mouth and nose. According to the dermatologist I have a type of acne that's actually some kind of hybrid between rosacea and acne. The pustules hurt so much and they looked so gross. I was wearing a ton of makeup to hide them but even with all the cover up, you could still see my skin looked terrible with huge bumps and crusted over scabs from the ones I popped. I tried all sorts of OTC stuff before I finally went to the dermatologist. He put me on Doryx and within a week, the pustules were all gone and I have not had any new ones in the two months since I started this medication. I can't believe how quickly, and how well, it worked."

October1976 October 4, 2013

For Acne "I had tried every combination of topical skincare routines for years and had had no luck with clearing up my acne. Doryx cleared up my acne almost overnight and I have been taking it for several weeks and have been almost completely clear--I can't even remember the last time I was!. Very satisfied!"

Teresa S (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2013

For Acne "I'm 38 and have acne since 13. I have tried everything and finally a few years ago, just decided to live with it. I had a spot on my forehead that never seems to clear up, so the dermatologist put me on this and my acne has cleared up, similar to the results I had years ago from being on birth control pills. Although my acne is cleared up, the spot I was concerned about hasn't changed, and next dermatologist appointment I'll have to have it biopsied. The only side effect is that I have more hair loss than what I consider normal in a day. My Dermatologist had a $25 coupon for the prescription. Otherwise even with insurance it is very expensive. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2013

For Acne "I've been struggling with mild acne on my face and severe acne on my shoulders (mostly sports related) for the past 2 years or so, and absolutely NOTHING worked. However, I've been taking Doryx for a week now and my face is almost completely clear, and my shoulders are clearing up FAST. however, I did experience a lot of drying out on my face, as well as (oddly enough) a decreased sex drive. I HIGHLY recommend refraining from alcohol while on this medicine, as it will only worsen the drying of your face. Stick with it. Remember, your face will get worse before it gets better."

Nickname already in use July 6, 2013

For Acne "I am 17 years old, I don't have acne I just have the teenage pimples. But theses pimples control my life and make me depressed. I have taken one tablet and my face is clear, one pimple on my face. So happy."

Wooiooohh June 12, 2013

For Acne "I have had Acne from 13 yrs old on and was on Accutane for most all of high school. I have tried everything - all cleansers, peels, topicals and nothing worked. Proactive seemed to moderately work (but dried my skin out and bleached every towel & pillow case in sight). I'm now 36 and in March 2012 I was totally fed up with my constant struggle with adult acne so I went to a dermatologist in San Francisco. She put me on Doryx, Epiduo & CereVe hydrating (non-foaming) cleanser- Hallelujah! It took ~2 months & my face was breakout free. I haven't had a zit since). It works- call your dermatologist as soon as possible. P.S I'm also on Ocella birth control (which is key to regulating hormone levels)."

Iannella123 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2012

For Acne "I have awful acne everywhere on my face, between my eyebrows, forehead, chin, back and chest. I have been taking Doryx for a month, along with Ziana and a face wash. The acne I actually care about (in between my eyebrows, and my chin) has gotten much worse. The acne on my forehead has gotten a lot better, but is starting to get worse again, and the acne on my chest has gotten better. The Pill has no side effects on me, except it is huge and I usually can't swallow it until about my 3rd try. I'm praying that it will be effective."

thebawss (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2012

For Acne "I have had problems with acne all my life. I tried everything from creams, gels, pills and even Accutane. Accutane was extremely harsh and my acne was back within 3 months. I finally was prescribed Doryx along with Acanya in the morning and Epiduo at night. Please be patient as this will make you break out really bad at first but I promise you after 2 months you will see the results. What's great too is you can adjust the dosage once your face clears up so you don't have to take 150mg all the time. My face is all cleared up now and I only take it the week of my period to prevent breakouts."

lp0820 March 10, 2012

For Acne "Acne cleared up but I'm tired of the side effects. Shortness of breath is the main one, I go up a flight of stairs and I have to give myself a minute before I can speak. I'm 33 years old 6'2" 200lbs and I exercise so this is totally new to me. I also feel more tired now than ever before. Other side effects I've read about were hair loss, teeth discoloration, yeast infection in women."

donotusethispill January 28, 2012

For Acne "23, have adult and adolescence acne. Was prescribed Doryx, Acanya gel and Atralin gel. They work wonders together. My skin is completely clear. Highly recommended."

Anonymous December 17, 2011