User Reviews for Monodox

Learn more about Monodox.

Rosacea 1 reviews 101 medications

Acne 32 reviews 523 medications

7.9
Summary of Monodox reviews 33 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Monodox

For Acne "My daughter had had horrible acne for years. Nothing has worked, tried everything except birth control pills. She had her wisdom teeth pulled and was prescribed this and within 3 days her face was clear. Totally amazing! Shocked to find such a simple solution that has not given her any side effects."

Mam8 July 23, 2016

For Acne "I've been using this medication for nearly 3 months now and I had under skin acne or blackheads I tried deep cleansing for a year and many other medications I tried retin-a and it removed my under skin blackheads but made my skin red .. After I used this pill it actually worked really well at least until now. I recommend this as it made my skin better. But I don't know if I stop taking it my acne will come back or not. And the beautiful thing about this medication is that u don't have to worry about your skin anymore because its clear"

Nazakur January 2, 2016

For Acne "Low self esteem, not wanting to leave the house, not being able to stay in a relationship because I was so self conscious and miserable, always walking with my head down, couldn't look people in the face, couldn't walk out the house without makeup (although it didn't cover the bumps). I cried almost everyday and hated my life. It all changed in 5 months. I've never seen my face so clear. I'm finally getting my confidence back. Yes it did take some time for the results to fully kick in, but it did work for me and I'm so happy I finally went to the dermatologist after trying a million and one products that never worked; changed my entire diet and drank water and it never work. But Monodox along with Ziana gel definitely changed my life."

Veevee9269 November 20, 2014

For Acne "My 15 year old daughter started on this 2.5 weeks ago. Week 1 we saw no change. Week 2 the acne was significantly worse (the medicine paper warns that this may happen). As soon as week 3 started, like magic her face started to clear. We are happy with the results and hopeful for continued improvement."

momofmedkid August 4, 2014

For Acne "This completely made every zit I had disappear..... BUT it makes me feel very sick. Depends on which outweighs the other but it did work for acne."

Mellg June 3, 2014

For Acne "I have had bad acne since the 4th grade. During my senior year in high school, I was put on Accutane which worked for the duration of time that I was on it (moderately, mild breakouts but the redness went away, a huge step up from my ridiculous acne!) but returned in moderation when I went to college in the fall. I waited until the spring to visit my dermatologist and she put me on two facial creams and Monodox. I tried the facial creams alone, didn't work. Then tried Monodox and within a week, I saw a huge difference. Not only did my acne almost disappear, but my breakouts were 1-2 mild, small pimples that went away leaving no scars in 2 days. I have been on it about 3 months and I couldn't be happier. My face is clear! Highly recommend."

Esmith___ May 22, 2014

For Acne "I am 25 years old and I have always have had acne. I am one of the people that have tried everything under the sun; proactive, herbal, expensive top of the line products and acupuncture until I decided to speak to my wonderful dermatologist. He has prescribed me 100 Monodox twice a day along with Epiduo and it has worked wonders, no side effects. I've been on this routine for about two and a half months. My skin has NEVER been clear until now. It has been since lately that the Monodox has caused my to be nauseous when I take it in the morning. Since I am not a big breakfast person I found that I must take it with a GOOD meal and the nausea has not come back. "

jaellidia February 25, 2014

For Acne "It made me nauseous, but not too bad. I love this medicine. Cleared up my cystic pimples within days. I'm also on tretinoin cream which my insurance also pays. My dermatologist is amazing for recommending both. I get compliments that my face is flawless. It feels great! You will get little flare ups here and there don't give up, give the medicine a chance it will work. I recommend it!"

Bunny74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2014

For Rosacea "I developed Rosacea when I was pregnant with my first child (at age 39). I never had skin issues before, even as a teenager. I finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Papulopustular Rosacea (acne plus redness). My doctor prescribed Monodox and it has worked WONDERS! Within a week, almost all the pimples/bumps were gone. GONE! I only hope that once I finish up the medication (60 days), it won't all come back. The downside is the cost. Thankfully, my doctor gave me a discount card from the manufacturer that allows me to buy it for $10 per month. Otherwise, it was $225 for 60 day supply."

CincyDeb (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2014

For Acne "Day 3 of Monodox: my acne is starting to clear up. I'm on 75mg 1x a day. Sinus stuffiness/drainage, diahrrhea, muscle weakness, and a headache when I run too hard. I've read really good things about this medicine, that's why I opted to fill my prescription. SUPER EXPENSIVE without insurance and a discount card my Dr gave me. Hope the side effects subside."

Ambuler April 7, 2013

For Acne "I am 43 and have been taking Monodox for a few weeks. It is working great with no side effects. Solodyn also worked great for me but had so many side effects that I had to stop taking it. I am also using a topical with retinal. In my 20's I took Accutane which worked for about 10 years. Started getting cystic acne again in my late 30's. I am very pleased with this medicine."

drh1204 February 19, 2013

For Acne "Have been on it for a month, age 26. Also use Retin-A and Acyanya. Works very well. Very happy with results. No side effects."

Anonymous January 9, 2013

For Acne "Unfortunately. This Medication really took a turn for the worse on my acne. I was on it for only 7 weeks but I couldn't handle getting nauseous and bad acne anymore. It made my skin more red and I was taking it with Acanya the topical cream. My skin just wasn't accepting the antibiotic which was sad because it had such great reviews. If you are taking it, take it with food. I missed one meal and needed to take it and I was sick for hours and ever since every time I took it, I would get even more nauseous. You win some, you lose some."

Emmmm (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2012

For Acne "It was fine at first, but about halfway through the month it gave me intense nausea, so bad I couldn't go to work or even stand up without throwing up/dry heaving. It wasn't even great for my acne. It stopped a little bit of my acne (bad flareups) but I still had constant pimples all over my chin. At pretty much the same rate as I'd had before. "

Natalie_Grains (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2012

For Acne "I started taking Monodox four days ago, and I already can see a difference. I am 26 years old and I didn't have acne on my teenage years, none! About a year ago I started breaking out more and more, I thought it was stress, then my nutrition, then an allergy, I tried everything you can imagine from homemade remedies to recently I bought the Murad acne kit, which helped a little bit. I did facial and it made it worse, so I decided to visit a dermatologist and he gave me Monodox and Atralin for night time and aczone for morning. So far I haven't broken out and I hope this really helps."

Samson37 October 22, 2012

For Acne "I had terrible acne this summer. But now I take Monodox twice a day as soon as I wake up then I take the second pill after I workout in the evening. It has never made me nauseous as it has others. And I get nauseous from vitamins. So I'm shocked that Monodox doesn't make me sick. The only side effect I experience is more frequent trips to the bathroom. My skin is currently pimple free...now to just conquer the acne scars!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2012

For Acne "Monodox is awesome. Not only did it only cost $10 with their savings card but also works so well. I had taken Doryx before but couldn't tolerate it at all! I got a rash and extreme nausea (150mg) but now I started taking 100mg of Monodox in the evening with dinner and not only do I not have the rash or nausea but I also don't have the photosensitivity. Plus the Doryx pill was HUGE. These capsules are so small and easy to swallow. If you take the Monodox 75mg you can either spread the dosing or take it all at once, whatever works best for you. But for me the 100mg is perfect. I should note I also started using Ziana at night as I couldn't tolerate any of the benzoyl peroxide topicals. And starting tonight I will also add Aczone as a primer."

Monodox for the Win June 27, 2012

For Acne "I am 18 years old and before Monodox I was on Minocycline for almost two years and it worked tremendously until about two months ago. My old breakouts came back much stronger and my dermatologist said that I had gained tolerance for the medicine. I continue to use benzaclin but I am now using Monodox. It seemed to work well at first although the doctor told me it would take about 3 weeks. I just finished my second week. Although I do still have breakouts, certain spots on my face feel very clean and have healing acne scars. Hopefully the rest of the breakout will clear up in this coming week but otherwise I have not experienced any side effects mentioned such as nausea or dizziness."

lissschell December 15, 2011

For Acne "I began do get acne flare ups in the summer of 2010, it did not bother me much then. When I noticed that it did not go away after months I started using drugstore cleansers, went to 3 different dermatologists; two of which could not do anything for me, and even caved into the Proactive scheme. In the beginning of October I was prescribed Monodox by my new dermatologist, and in the first 2 weeks it started working, by the end of the month my skin was almost clear of blemishes but with many scars left. I'm currently finishing my 2nd month and I'm happy to say I have only one active Comodone...hooray."

elliiiiiie December 12, 2011

For Acne "I have been taking Monodox for around a month along with Duac gel (5% bp, 1% clindamycin) at night and Atralin (0.05% tretinoin) gel in the morning. While I can say that this antibiotic is definitely working, I have one complaint. My skin is seriously oily now. SERIOUSLY oily. I mean, I need to use around 3 oil absorbing sheets a day. I've gone through 3 or 4 packs of oil sheets. But, this works. It really has helped to eliminate large pimples. Occasionally a large one will occur, but it's usually now smaller red specks or an occasional white head. I am told in another month I can see more results, and I hope that it happens, because if it does, my skin will be clear!"

Ruki December 3, 2011

For Acne "I have been taking Monodox with Epiduo (a topical acne creme) for a little less than a month and it has helped clear up most of my big pimples but I have not seen much improvement in the small under the skin bumps. I expected to see better results by now but I am trying to be patient and give it a few months to work before I completely write it off."

Anonymous November 12, 2011

For Acne "I have been on Monodox for a little under a month. I take it at night with my dinner and I use a topical medication before bed. My skin has definitely improved although not to the point where I feel like I don't need makeup. Any large or cystic pimples are gone, and I haven't gotten any since, but I do have some mild scarring left that hopefully will go away. I am still suffering from small under the skin white heads that are on my forehead and right cheek, although they have lessened in the number of them there are still plenty left."

leven October 16, 2011

For Acne "I am 18 and was prescribed Monodox with a topical creme "Veltin" and have been on them for almost a week. So far I have seen small improvements and I will post another update either when it completely clears or at the end of the month. One thing is for sure though is that it works 10x better than anything else. After I take the medicine (Around dinner time) I can feel my pores clearing up. By the way I have what is called "Moderate or Mild Cystic Acne. Hope this helps and thanks for all that have posted already!"

theJayMan October 10, 2011

For Acne "I have been taking Monodox now for about a month. It does help a lot with pimples but I still get cystic acne. I have been getting extremely nauseous every time I take it, and that seems to be getting worse the longer I've been on the medication. I do take it with food and that doesn't seem to help. My doctor told me to take both at the same time but I was wondering if taking only one at a time would that reduce the nausea or just make me feel that way twice. I do like the medication but my nausea is debilitating for almost half an hour which isn't helpful in my work day at all."

Anonymous October 6, 2011

For Acne "I'm taking Monodox and using Tretinoin. I've only been using both for a week now, but I can say I'm already seeing improvements. I had initial breakouts which is normal and I used to get really nauseous and throw up from taking Monodox, BUT I guess I completely forgot that my dermatologist told me to take Monodox with food. Trust me, that makes a world of a difference. I'm really excited to see where my skin is going to be in a few weeks, because my acne is really clearing up and all that's left are the red spots. REMEMBER: take it with food"

lizabeth_lee June 17, 2011