User Reviews for Vibramycin

Vibramycin has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 56% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 11% reported a negative experience.

Acne
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
Summary of Vibramycin reviews 7.4 10 reviews

Reviews for Vibramycin

Snm55447 · Taken for less than 1 month · November 12, 2013

For Bacterial Infection: “I was diagnosed with a bacterial sinus infection and was prescribed this antibiotic, due to being allergic to amoxicillin. The pills are 100 mg each I am to take twice daily. At this time many of my sinus symptoms have dissipated which is an excellent sign that i'm finally on the mend. I haven't had any side effects with this, and have taken as directed. Avoiding dairy products, not laying down 30 minutes after ingesting, and making sure to take it with food and a large glass of water.”

anon · Taken for less than 1 month · January 31, 2020

For Acne: “I got off minocycline a month and a half ago after 6 months of successful treatment with it for my acne, & no side effects (mild to moderate inflamed acne here). Acne started coming back so my derm put me on doxycycline (I use azelaic acid 15% once a day topically too). I've been only 4 days on doxy 100mg twice daily & my skin is completely clear again. Zero side effects with this as well. The inflammation subsided in just 2 days. It has saved my skin once again. Tetracyclines work so well for me it's hard to get off of them.”

db · Taken for less than 1 month · May 5, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Prescribed for both my urinary tract infection and sinus infection, at the same time. I am a vegan and am finding a bit difficult to time my dosage (2 a day) around other medicines and meals. I believe it is causing headaches and nausea. I have not vomited, but feel as if I could. In the middle of cycle of prescription- hope I can tolerate the remainder. ”

doesnt like this drug all · January 12, 2011

For Bronchitis: “Was prescribed doxycycline hcl for bronchitis. Have been taking for 3 days now and no change in symptoms. I still cough so hard my head throbs so bad I want to pull it off. My daughter was just diagnosed with viral pneumonia in both lobes of her Right lung, so maybe I don't actually have bronchitis.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · November 7, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I took a very heavy dose of this drug via intravenous drip over four days during a nine day hospital stay to fight off an infection in the cervical spine after surgery. It seems to induce nausea, loose bowels and it also seemed to interfere with the sense of taste to the extent that nothing I attempted to eat was palatable, even hospital favorite Ginger Ale and several foods I otherwise love that were bootlegged into the hospital for me. This lasted for an additional three days after I came off it and I lost about ten pounds as well. The effectiveness of the drug was apparently less that dramatic, as the infection was sluggish in going away, but hopefully has.”

Anonymous · December 18, 2009

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Much more effective than Cipro.”

sick 2015 · Taken for less than 1 month · September 9, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “After ten days my open wound is slowly healing”