User Reviews for Minocycline systemic

Bacterial Infection
4.8

Summary of Minocycline reviews 6.4 443 reviews

Reviews for Minocycline

For Acne: "I was prescribed minocycline after taking many doses of doxycycline. I would have to say that it worked to keep more acne from forming, but it didn’t really get rid of it. I have now built up an immunity to it after 6 months and it is not effective. I was often times dizzy and am generally more tired from this drug, but those side effects are doable. I was now prescribed Bactrim and hope to see results."

joelow (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

For Acne: "My son took one dose and had an instant allergic reaction. He is 17 and has had zero allergies to medicine previously. He broke out in hives all over his body, shortness of breath, tight chest, swollen-red-itchy eyes and coughed within in 20 minutes of taking this medicine. Needless to say he did not have the opportunity to see if it helped him. I have since read up a bit more on this medicine and there appears to be many who have reactions from it. I would be aware."

a mom (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve only been on this medication for a week, and let me tell you, it’s been hell. On the plus side, my acne has already improved which is wonderful. The downside? Migraine headaches, stomach cramps, EXTREME fatigue. I’m so sleepy all the time, so it’s hard to get anything done. I’ve started taking this at night to try to reduce the noticeable side effects but they’re still pretty prevalent the first few hours I’m awake. I wouldn’t recommend this unless you have severe acne that won’t respond to anything else because the side effects are no joke."

savvybrina (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

For Acne: "If this did anything for my acne, it was not very noticeable."

George (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2018

For Acne: "This was prescribed to me to help treat my hormonal acne. Started feeling dizzy and after almost two weeks I broke out into itchy hives all over my body. Very bad experience"

Jerry (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Acne: "I tried this drug last year to help with very mild acne , I am talking like maybe 6-7 pimples . I took it thinking it was going to help and within 10 days my face exploded to nothing I have ever seen in my life . I did not have a clear spot of my face . I was very depressed as I got bullied immensely and my face continued to worsen over the next month. I was getting pimples in places I have never had them . After about a month it VERY slowly started to clear up. I started birth control to hurry the process . The scars that were left on my skin were not worth it , neither was the emotional toll it took. That was the worst acne I have ever seen in my life . I DO NOT RECOMMEND !!!"

charks (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2018

For Rosacea: "At 46 years old rosacea started .... At first bland but then after 2 years pustules and swollen nose: a monster! The minocin helped me. As pustules appear I take it for a week and everything passes. Zero side effects, thanks Minocin."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Acne: "I have been on this medication for over 2 months and it has completely cleared my moderate acne when nothing else would. I got scared to start it because I read about some bad side effects, but the only side effect that I got was an occasional headache. I love this drug because it started working immediately, I'm scared that my acne will come back when I get off of it though."

James (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Acne: "This medication worked. 100mg twice daily. It cleared my skin . With that being said, it made me feel tired dizzy and had an upset stomach to begin with."

Cleared up (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I’m on my second month of solodyn and my cystic acne is gone!!! My dermatologist put me on the 55mg dosage which is actually right below what I should be taking. I think a lot of the negative side effects people are having may be due to high dosage. I do feel like I’m having irregular periods. Other than that I feel fine. I do agree that it makes you gain weight! Although I think it’s fluid retention to be honest. Luckily my dermatologist only wants me on it for two months so I’m almost done."

Bmcgee (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Acne: "My daughter was on minocycline for about 5 months for acne. Although it cleared up her acne the medication can be dangerous. My daughter was diagnosed with intracranial pressure and after several specialist assessed her from Nationwide Children's hospital they all have said the same thing and that being minocycline can cause intracranial pressure."

Shell September 17, 2018

For Acne: "I used to take this medication for a while last year. Even though it helped me with my acne, it mad my vision go doubled and made me very sick to the point where I was hospitalized. It may not seem like a big deal to everyone but it was a big deal to me"

Cam (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2018

For Acne: "I had mild cystic acne before taking the pill. After a week I saw some improvements it made my redness go away and some of my big pimples gone but after 3 weeks of taking the pill it made my acne worse, it made me breakout in places I never would normally breakout, it made my skin super dry and gave me rashes on my back everywhere. It would sting everytime I put on a gentle moisturiser and cleanser and make me super dizzy and tired easily. Not one of the best pills to take."

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

For Acne: "Started the medication and it worked really well, my skin cleared and my face brightened up. But I had really bad stomach pain when I took the medicine and had headaches as well. About 3 weeks in of taking the medicine I broke out in hives, I also had swelling in my hands and feet, my lips became swollen to 3x their size. The medicine worked great but caused me a terrible reaction."

Dt96 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "This medication has cleared my acne completely, BUT I have been having a ton of headaches, joint pain and even gained 10lbs in a month. I have been on this med for about 3 months. Finally I thought let me read some reviews and side effects, because I don't take any other prescriptions and sure enough all those side effects popped up. And after reading these reviews. I'm stopping them. Its unfortunate you take a med for one problem and gain 10 more. Very disappointed"

NA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "So not take. This keep in the restroom for hours. Plus had to changed the sheets."

jo (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Acne: "This drug sucks. My doctor put me on it almost a week ago for my acne and it didn't help at all. About a day later I got a headache and my stomach hurt. I thought it would go away but five days later it hurt worse and felt like my head was being condensed into the side of a tennis ball. I got dizzy going up stairs and being in cars made me extremely nauseous. Last night I started freaking out, everything was abnormally/painfully loud and I was in so much pain I just wanted someone to knock me out. The doctors started me on an IV with some drugs mixed in it that got rid of my massive headache. Sadly my stomach ache has just gotten worse. All in all this drug has made my week the worst of my life."

Ifeallikecrap (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

For Acne: "Amazing. Worked after a few days"

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "After trying everything and still breaking out really bad finally went in to get this prescribed. I have taken every day for about 5 weeks. I have not broken out once! I'm so happy I finally went to a dermatologist. It feels crazy finally waking up and not having any breakouts. Highly recommend"

Jomi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Acne: "I was prescribed topical clindamycin twice a day and apply retinoid just a night a year ago. That routine has cleared my mild acne about 90%. I was happy but I recently got some little breakouts around my jaw and it annoyed me so I went to my derm and was like “okay I want to be totally acne-free what can I do” and prescribed 1 x day 100mg minocycline pills. After 1.5 weeks, I had 3 large cysts coming in and one was in a place I never breakout. I hadn’t had a cyst in like 6 months. I was horrified so I began doing research. Needless to say the reviews are all over the place and some are quite scary. I stopped taking the drug on a Monday and my face recovered by Friday. I totally realize 2 weeks is not the proper time to see full results from an antibiotic but I was not about to wait it out. This drug is very unpredictable, it could totally clear you up or you could end up in the hospital. I just feel like I need to prevent this skin nightmare from occurring to anyone else."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Acne: "I was on minocycline for 3 months 50mg once a day and it helped me so much! Before I tried doxycycline and a ton of topicals but it didn’t help my cystic acne. Now my dermatologist told me to only use minocycline paired with CeraVE hydrating moisturizer cleanser twice a day and CeraVE night and day (with spf) cream and THATS IT. I thought it wouldn’t work but now my face is 100x clearer. It took about 6 weeks for improvement and I haven’t had a pimple in a MONTH! That’s crazy. My last pill was yesterday because taking minocycline for more than 6 months can damage your liver so I only took it for 3. I hope my acne doesn’t come back. My first dermatologist wanted me to take accutane right after the doxycycline but my new dermatologist wanted to give this a try and I’m so pleased. Going to see the dermatologist in 3 weeks to see how my skin improved."

AhonestShister (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Acne: "I have been on this medication before at least twice and I remembered how well it worked for me before. So I got some more Acnamino MR 100 Capsules prescribed and took one a day for my skin breakout 56 capsules cleared up my skin acne and I am so happy because I am no longer concerned about the pimples and lumps on my face, as they are no longer there. I cannot remember just how long ago since I have been this free of acne. I don't get side effects no issues at all so I guess it works just right for me, I love the treatment to be free of spots."

KPnut (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

For Acne: "19 yr old, have been prescribe the 50mg to be taken twice a day. I have been taking it for 9 days until I woke up with a slight fever and full body rash. I was sent to the ER and said its most likely a reaction to mino. Prior to the rash I've experienced joint and muscle pain, loss of appetite, headaches, low mood and insomnia"

rip (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Acne: "Horrible, horrible, horrible. I was prescribed Minocycline for acne. The first day it seemed to work and then I ended up in the hospital with a severe reaction. My face turned bright red, dermatographia, full body swelling, troubles breathing, a rash on my face, arms, and legs, tachycardia, and dizziness. It's the worst I have ever felt in my life and all due to wanting to give myself more self confidence. I am not the only one with this terrible reaction, beware of this drug."

Megan (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

For Acne: "I started using minocycline after having severe acne on my forehead for 5 months. About 2 weeks passed by and I had no pimples anymore! I was thrilled but unhappy to now be able to see all the scars. After about 2 months I started to get a few pimples here and there but I am still in my late teens so I just considered it to be hormones. After 4 months on it my skin was still clear and I was excited cause I was going on a vacation over seas to a tropical country. I usaully live in a pretty dry climate btw. After 3 days of being here I started noticing the pimples starting to form!!! I think its because of how hot it is here. It has now been a month and I'm still in the tropical country with my acne all back. :( i am wondering if it will clear up once I get home."

em (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...