User Reviews for Minocycline

Also known as: Cleeravue-M, Dynacin, Minocin, Minocin for Injection, Myrac, Solodyn, Ximino

Learn more about Minocycline.

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 72 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 6 reviews 160 medications

5.7
Summary of Minocycline reviews 300 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Minocycline

For Acne: "Please DO NOT take Minocycline for any condition! I took it for 3 days for acne and I had an allergic reaction to it that was close to anaphylactic shock. It has been a month and a half since I stopped taking it and it has left me with severe anxiety and random paranoia, this has been such a difficult time for me. It's gotten so bad that I can't even go to work or school without having panic attacks. PICK ANOTHER DRUG"

Nick2110 August 22, 2016

For Acne: "Cleared up my acne within the first month of use. I had no bad side effects but I did have to go on a probiotic. Only problem is that now that I'm off of it I can already see new pimples coming off and I have had more active pimples since being off of it."

Jkptr (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

For Acne: "I developed cystic acne, I'm guessing as a result of hormones, stress, and genetics. My doctor and I changed what we were using during the second visit, since we were doing some trial and error (figuring out what works). Since my skin is not sensitive, we went from a combination of doxycycline, tretinoin, and clyndimicine (idk how to spell it) to a combination of tretinoin of higher strength, erythromycin/BP gel, and minocycline. My skin has cleared up in a matter of 2 months with the occasional pimples and some acne scarring."

Sabrina L (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2016

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "when I was 14 years old and have been getting acne for a little under a year, so when my dermatologist recommended solodyn, I was very pleased, but being on this medication for less than a week, I have to say I would not recommend it. The joint pain I got in my knee was unbearable, and it also gave me random anxiety attacks, as well as mild depression. Very disappointed:("

lilyvo August 14, 2016

For Acne: "Yup, this is it! First week taking it & already clearing my face. No new acne and it feel's awesome that I no longer have to worry about picking on my face. I strongly recommend people to try & also buy retalift cream for caring of the skin. I take plenty of veggies throughout the day so that helps. But this antibiotic is worth taking. It's normal to feel a bit dizzy at first but it's all in your head. I heard anxiety? Well, I control my anxiety with positive thought's & exercises. I highly recommended this for people who are prone to greasy face. The pore's are clogged & because cystic acne is not a normal pimple it's crazy to even imagine all the inflammation & pain it can cause!"

Brendy_1 August 6, 2016

For Acne: "Broke out with hives and itching do not take this medication"

Demetrius August 4, 2016

For Acne: "I took minocycline 100 mg for over 6 months then my Doctor put me down to 50mg every other day, when I was on 100 mg once a day it was great skin was so nice clear and smooth, now the 50mg every other day not that greatest, I also use a topical cream he *benzycline* or something like that, I started to break out again my skin is not smooth I know stress is a huge factor on breaking out but I don't what to do, I am going back to my Doctor to see what he suggest I am 32 years old and I want to be off this medication I want to start trying to kids soon so I don't want be on this I just want my zits gone for good.. I am starting to get a few on cheeks and around the chin area so frustrating and depressing. anyone have any suggestions?"

apl1984 August 4, 2016

For Acne: "This medication doesn't do anything. It only made my skin worse. I've been on it for three months and my skin looks awful. I don't let anyone see me with out makeup because I'm just too embarrassed. I haven't had any side effects but my skin looks Terrible. I'm also using a prescription cream and face wash and nothing's happening. I was told it could look worse at first but then get better but it's just getting worse and worse. Find something else to use."

Via526 July 30, 2016

For Acne: "Please DO not use minocycline for acne. This drug caused me to contract psuedotumor cerebri (a pretty serious brain condition) I had been on my dosage of 100mg x2 per day for about a month. About two weeks in I began to have horrible headaches, which persisted throughout the whole day. One night the headache became so unbareable I needed to go into the ER. I was diagnosed with an intractable headache and send home after a few IV bags. My headaches persisted but I ignored them and thought possibly the heat was causing them. About 2 weeks after my first visit I began to have double vision. I called my doctor and they order a MRI immediately. The MRI showed a build up of pressure on my optic nerve, caused by minocycline."

Annikah July 22, 2016

For Acne: "I was on this drug for 8 weeks and it totally wrecked my skin, three days after getting off my skin cleared up. Sad because the reviews had my hopes up!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

For Rosacea: "As I live in Australia minocycline is cheap - it only costs $10 for 60 pills. I was diagnosed with papulopustular rosacea by a dermatologist. I'd always had a slight redness on the cheeks and slight redness under the skin of my nose but over a 6 week period many tiny pustules emerged and the redness got worse. Went to a dermatologist and he gave me the diagnosis and prescribed Soolantra indicating that it would take weeks/months to work. I didn't want to wait that long so I did extensive research on the internet and made the decision to ignore him and go to a GP and go on Minocycline 2 days later. Best decision I ever made. The Minocycline at 50mg a day made the pustules go away in only 2 weeks and the redness has significantly decreased."

OzTracey (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I was put on Solodyn on Thursday ..And given a tazarac cream and face wipe . I use the wipe in every morning . I use the tazorac cream at night with a neutrogena moisturizer and I mix it and rub it on my face . I do this at night . I first wash my face tho than apply medicine and moisturizer. ... Today is now Sunday and I noticed my face has made ally of improvement . I statedwhat I had been instructed . If seems like I'm doing it correctly because my face is much more clear. However it's been 4 days and I noticed feelings a bit strange . I have a headache . I'm not at good at having headaches . I'm wondering if my headaches are link to this meds .... I haven't noticed anything else besides headaches"

Angel1115 (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For Acne: "I took minocycline for acne. Bad cystic acne. I have been on it on and off. I always take it with food to avoid getting naseous. As long as i take it my skin remains soooo clear. However side effects: headaches sometimes, extreme anxiety/ nervousness, and super loud buzzing in one ear that goes away once I stop takin this medication."

May1989 July 7, 2016

For Acne: "I mentioned to my doctor that I had been experiencing frequent breakouts on my chest for that past year so she prescribed this. I've been taking it for almost a month now, and it is great! I've struggled with acne on my body since I was a teen, and this has helped big time! The breakouts on my chest and body have stopped. Mind you, my cystic acne isn't severe (as in overt redness/large, painful cysts) so prehaps that weighs in on the success I've experienced using it for such a short time. Also, I haven't experienced any side effects other than some mild sensitivity to the sun; I seem to be tanning more easily, but I expected that. I think this pill will continue to work for me provided I take it correctly, and protect my skin when outdoors"

Sylaris July 2, 2016

For Acne: "I've been taking Minocycline for well over a month now. It does not work instantly like a lot of people say and does take time. I am just now starting to see improvement. As for side effects, I don't believe I experienced an initially breakout and I never experienced dizziness or nausea. I am still getting breakouts quite frequently but they are not as bad or widespread as before. I've also noticed that the redness in my cheeks which had been a problem for a long time has nearly disappeared."

Lauren Nicole (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

For Acne: "My first week of taking this drug were terrible. My acne got worse and I broke out in hives. I was itchy. I felt ugly and I was miserable and ready to quit. I didn't even want to leave the house! I continued with it and one week later, my skin is clearing up, my hives have gone away and I'm starting to be really happy with the results. If this drug makes your skin worse in the first week, don't quit because it will get better!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2016

For Acne: "cured my acne, caused permanent tinnitus and visual snow. still suffering four years later. stay away."

male20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I have had on and off acne for about 8 years. During August-October 2015 my skin was breaking out into big painful cystic pimples. They were mostly on my chin but some on my forehead as well. I was prescribed Solodyn 80mg in October and by January I had absolutely no pimples on my face. It gave me some side effects such as headaches and light dizziness. I also felt slight nauseous, but nothing too serious. It really cleared up my skin. This is the first oral product that has cleared my skin up in 8 years and I have tried pills such as dococyline (did not work). I swear by this pill. I stopped taking it in February because my skin was great. But now I am going on them in generic form because my acne began to come back in April."

FG0712 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

For Acne: "This has been nothing but amazing for my skin (if used correctly). It's a little hard to take considering you practically can't eat 2 hours before or after you take it but otherwise it completely gets rid of all bacterial acne, if you still have acne after 2 weeks of this you aren't taking it right or your acne is hormonal."

nicknamereadyinuse3554 June 16, 2016

For Acne: "It was a great medication for clearing up my cystic acne! and kept my face very clear while i was taking it but it didn't help my scars or redness on my face if anything it made it worse being so sensitive to the sun now that i have stopped taking it its all coming back :(:(:("

Moni89 June 10, 2016

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "Worst drug ever-- I am usually not allergic to any drug but I Just took it for 2 days and have the worst body pain, muscle soreness, feverishness. The list of long term side effects from this drug is appalling. As a scientist and cancer biologist I usually take extra caution as to what drugs I consume but the side effects of this drug is scary and having experienced it first hand I am stopping it just after two days of use. My face is still dry and has acne and I am close to 40. Hopefully a topical cream will help- definitely not solodyn!"

Sso129 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

For Acne: "***UPDATED REVIEW ***43 year old with embarrassing blind pimples often turning to revolting whiteheads around chin area. 8 weeks in & my skin has never looked better. Zero side effects. Purple spots on my chin also gone. Lots of compliments on how good my skin looks. No breakouts at all. This medication does take a good few weeks to start working & even made my skin worse initially but for me it was well worth it. I also had mild roscaea that was the least of my skin concerns at the time but that has reduced significantly which was an unexpected bonus. I wish others the very best & hope they see good results in some form also."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

For Acne: "I've have had pretty bad acne for about 3-4 years, and it was recovering at a snail's pace. It had gotten to the point where I almost didn't even notice it. After taking this medicine, for a few weeks, the acne is pretty much completely gone. Only several tiny (and I mean like, fullstop tiny) remain."

Nickname already in use May 30, 2016

For Acne: "Minocycline has been great to me, I had mild hormonal acne, I had it for many years, tried everything, facials, face washes, etc nothing working so I went to my family doctor and he told me try this and bencyclin topical gel to use everyday at night before bed time and both have worked amazing on my skin, I don't have any active zits on my skin, my skin is clear, smooth I feel amazing, I am comfortable to go out without wearing make up which I hated it's amazing, I started taking minocycline in Feb 2016 my dr gave me 1 month to try, I went back and told him I want to take it for a few more months which he said was fine to do so, I was taking 100 MG everyday (1 a day) 3 months now 50 mg (1 for two weeks) then 1 every other day! Good luck!!!"

Anita0502 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2016

For Acne: "My acne was out of control, I had tried everything. Washes, brushes, tons of different makeup to conceal it. My self esteem was at an all time low, minocycline took a several weeks to show results, but once it did it was amazing. My skin is still in the healing process, but it's so clear and beautiful. I never break out and I feel great about my appearance. Ive been on minocycline for about five months now and you really can't tell I ever had acne. It's amazing. 10/10 please ask you dermatologist about it."

Visakha May 21, 2016