User Reviews for Minocycline

Also known as: Cleeravue-M, Dynacin, Minocin, Minocin for Injection, Minolira, Myrac, Solodyn, Ximino

Learn more about Minocycline.

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 73 medications

5.7
Rheumatoid Arthritis 3 reviews 345 medications

Summary of Minocycline reviews 370 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Minocycline

For Acne: "Minocycline 100mg did work for me. For the very first month, I noticed my skin getting worst, but I decided to give it another month which was right decision. Now after 2 months my skin is clear and I'm quite happy with the results"

ammit June 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I was prescribed this medication for a few months for a minor blemish. After months of taking this medication, I saw no improvement and my skin broke out with painful blemishes on my chest, face and arms then caused a more severe case of folliculitis. I had to start a new medication to fix the problems this one caused."

AandC (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Horrible side effects! Just 4 doses and I'm still recovering from this medication. Feeling dizzy/ run down was just the beginning. Symptoms progressed to headache, vomiting, nausea, chest pains, loss of balance, and a general feeling of illness and pain. Not worth it."

ophm6 May 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I am on Solodyn for 5 month now and my first 3 months was bad and the 4th month got better but I developed a minor itch on my leg and I ask the doctor about it , guess was one of the drug side effects, Also feeling nausea or loopy is what I get some time too! But my back is so much better now and no acne or inflamed blackheads slowly clearing up! But worry about liver damage : ("

Sheng111 May 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I am taking this because I have Perioral Dermatitis. I was given solodyn for 1 week and the generic for 4 weeks. So far I have been on solodyn for 5 days. The first day I felt a little dry mouth....and up to now I feel a little nauseous and almost like my throat is "weird". I don't know if it's coincidence or the actual drug. I will finish this bottle and start the generic, but if I feel anything getting worse, I will stop it immediately. To me, it's just not worth it. Unfortunately, this only clears up with medication, not topical cream... I hope this medication does not make me feel worse!"

GreekPrincess80 May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "First week using solodyn and my acne is worse than ever. I had a lot on my cheeks, chin, and left side of my back but now its also on my forehead and my shoulders. I've woken up with 2-3 new pimples everyday for the past week since I started taking it. I really hope this is normal and it gets better soon cause this sucks :("

amanda101111 May 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Today I was diagnosed with Lupus after 1 month of taking this antibiotic. Rash, headaches and joint pain (knees) are my complaints. After reading the other reviews it seems like this is a common side effect of these drugs. Surely this is not ok?!"

Eirek May 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I was hesitant to take this because of the mixed reviews, but gave it a try for my horrible acne and within a day noticed it started working. I didn't have any side effects and my face started to purge (giant pimples forming) and my skin was getting worse, so I knew it was pushing everything out of my face to start clearing my skin. A week later I woke up extremely itchy on my neck, scalp, chest, back, shoulders, feet, hands, basically every where and I had broken out in hives. I took a Benadryl. Then at midnight it happened again but worse. My neck was swelling up and the hives were the color of a tomato and I was insanely itchy. If I didn't take a ton of Benadryl I would've had to go to the ER. Happened today again. No longer taking them."

giannnnna (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Treatment for Cystic adult acne. Had a very bad side effect after 2 glasses of wine (Throwing up and felt like I had drank more than I did)."

Lil Philly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I'm a sufferer from acne, and I've suffered with it since I was in middle school (now a freshman in college) I went to my dermatologist my sophomore year in high school and she prescribed me this. It worked really well for me and my skin was super clear. I didn't wanna get off of it. She did not warn me of the long term side effects. I took it on and off for about two years. Biggest mistake of my life. But since I was so stubborn and wanted clear skin, I kept taking them even though they stopped working for me. I stopped around the end of my junior year and a couple months later, I would get severe fevers, chills, joint pains, and my thighs were covered in bruises. I am now stuck with an immune disease because of the pills. Just be careful with them."

Tina___03 April 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Developed flu like symptoms the evening after I took first and only dose. Soon after developed acute hives and ill feeling for several months then additionally turned jaundice. Went to GI and connected it to the minocycline. Took 3-4 months to monitor and bring liver levels back to normal (they were elevated 16 x the norm). Had similar situation 5 years back but hadn't connected it to the minocycline at that time. Had used the minocycline for a few months then. Must have developed severe reaction now to cause so much trouble with just one dose. Red Cross won't accept my blood donations now. Bad stuff. Don't recommend it to anyone"

Drug induced Hepatitis (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I took this medication when I was 16 for acne. I was getting headaches that the dermatologist said couldn't possibly be from the minocycline. I woke up after being on it for 6 weeks with double vision. I had pseudotumour cerebri (intercracial hypertension). I have suffered with recurrent headaches ever since. I am now 43. Last year I was diagnosed with a chiari malformation last year that was caused by pseudotumour cerebri. I also have syringomyelia that was caused by the chiari malformation. This is a very dangerous medication. I will eventually be in a wheelchair and will not be able to care for myself because I took minocycline at age 16."

Anonymous April 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I had a few small pimples on my forehead that kept forming even though I wash my face and use Epiduo, so my dermatologist gave me this. I took this pill and the next morning I got the stomach flu which lasted for seven days, so I stopped taking this pill. I stopped taking this and then my mom convinced me that since it is winter that I am just getting sick. So I took this pill for a week straight and my acne is worse than it has ever been in my life, to the point where I don't even want to leave the house. I went to the dermatologist and they told me to take this twice a day, so I did for one month and I think it's honestly causing my acne because it is horrible and now that i stopped taking it Is getting better. Don't take this!"

Katie819 March 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "A week into taking this medication I was vomiting, couldn't sleep, dizzy, water blisters, falling, sense of daydreaming"

JSRW723 March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "When I first started on minocycline (Akamin 50) It worked perfectly and cleared my severe cystic acne in weeks. But after being on it for 4 months I started getting side effects. Nausea which would make me gag and almost vomit, even from sipping on water. Vomiting, which got more severe as I stayed on the medication, I would vomit up to 3 times a week, and would randomly wake up in the middle of the night and instantly vomit. Severe diarrhea, which I would get every day. My skin started to fall off in large chunks, but only on the bottom of my feet. I started this medication when I was 16 (in October 2015) started getting side effects in February 2016, 4 months after starting it, and then finally stopped taking it when I was 18 (March 2017)"

MiniRG (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I took minocycline for acne in 2007. In the first week I felt itchy all over, then quite quickly I started to develop a rash. I was taken off it straight away but unfortunately it was too late. I have now been living with Lupus/SLE for 10 years. Some days I can't walk due to pain, swollen joints and weakness. I have a rash all over my skin that sometimes blisters & I've had mild spasms after which I can't feel my face or my legs for up to 12hours."

Lek5 March 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "this gave my my 14 year old son got Steven Johnson Syndrome and was in the hospital for 38 days. He now has permanent eye damage. SJS / TEN was never listed has a side effect."

Anonymous March 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Only been on this for 3 weeks and it started working well. Woke up this morning and I am itching like I have the worst sunburn of my life! I'd rather have the acne!"

Rwb777 March 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I've had acne since I was 12 years old. During high school, it was particualryl bad so I went on proactiv, which was awful!!! don't ever go on it. Anways, about my second year into college my acne got pretty bad again so I went to the derm over the summer. In fall, I got put on solodyn, acezone, and adapelene with a benzepro wash. I have been on this for over two months and I STILL GET ACNE. I currently have a bandaid on my face covering up a cyst I popped last night. The reason I didn't give it a zero is because I do think it has helped with the inflammation and reducing the number of pimples, but I want clear skin, not just less acne. Long story short, solodyn is okay but it will not clear up your skin."

Anonymous February 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Complete effectual treatment for cystic acne. Had to stop taking due to loss of insurance, is $40+ per month in the US without it."

hamiltondm (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Would not recommend. After a month of taking it no improvement has been made and along with that consistent itchiness all around my body"

HannahMELL February 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Im a 29 yr old female. I've used minocycline on and off since I was 22. I have stopped a few times to see if I am over my acne. Antibiotics DO NOT CURE ACNE they just keep it at bay. Most people will grow out of acne. Some have it for a few years, some have it for several, some their whole lives. Everyone is different. I don't experience any bad side effects while on this drug. I start on 2×50mg a day and then eventually 2-3pills a week. All the roughness/white heads around my nose clears up and is smooth. All my cystic acne vanishes. My skin is less greasy. I then have a chance to repair my skin of any scarring. Professional facials are good for this. It takes me about a month to see results. Full price AU$16.Consession $5 for 1month supply."

Georgina29 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 12, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Trialled Minocycline for Psoriatic Arthritis for 10 months, 100mg twice a day for 3 days a week. It did help my joint pain a little after 2 months but did not go far enough for proper symptom relief and I decided to discontinue the medicine."

Aussie Beau (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I am 19 years old and I was prescribed minocyline for my hormonal acne. I saw results in the first 2 weeks. My skin was completely clear and I had never been happier. Although whenever I stopped taking this medicine my acne would come back. I stayed on this medicine for 4 months until it stopped working and made my acne worse. Its very affective but it doesn't last."

Anonymous January 24, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Just wanted to share my experience on this drug. Within weeks, my skin went from what I would describe as "nasty as hell" to "clear, with some residual redness". For my skin, it worked wonderfully. HOWEVER. I am one of the rare few who's depression/anxiety was made 100x worse. Also I gained a dissociative personality, which basically boils down to: I had panic attacks BAD. All of the time. I was also in a constant state of not knowing what was real or not. Moments of not knowing who I was, where I was, having to force myself to ground back into reality because I wasn't sure what was real or not. My doctor never asked if I had mental health problems, and I am now on anti-psychotics."

Nothappyjordy January 17, 2017