User Reviews for Minocycline

Also known as: Cleeravue-M, Dynacin, Minocin, Minocin for Injection, Minolira, Myrac, Solodyn, Ximino

Learn more about Minocycline.

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 73 medications

5.7
Rheumatoid Arthritis 3 reviews 345 medications

Summary of Minocycline reviews 380 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Minocycline

For Rosacea: "I am 46 and have had rosacea my whole life, but never had a bad outbreak until recently. I tried other antibiotics (oral and topical) and minocycline was the only one that actually cleared my skin back to normal- even the slight redness on my cheeks is going away. I started taking 100 mg twice a day and noticed a difference in a day re- burning lessened. It took about 5 days for my skin to return to its pre-rosacea state. I will continue using minocycline."

Tliiasiip (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "At 24 after struggling with hormonal chin acne (that flared before period) and occasional breakouts in my t-zone, my derm prescribed 65mg Solodyn, and Retin A in conjunction with a cleansing routine 2x a day using Cerave followed by Simple Smoothing Toner. At first, I did not see much improvement. Then at the one-month mark, all hell broke loose; I broke out like crazy for 2-3 weeks, huge zits in areas of my face that were not previously a problem. I was embarrassed and ready to call it quits, but after reading about it getting worse before it got better, I ordered my refill and decided to give it time. Suddenly, 1.5ish months in, success! No new breakouts (fingers crossed), and I even just started my cycle. Patience is the key w/ Solodyn"

RachelK93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "hey I'm about to be 19 years old next month. but when I turned 18 my acne was horrible . When I was 17 it was just a few bumps here and there. I had bumps all over on both cheeks , forehead, sides of face, and chin. It was gross . Me and my mom tried every product, even proactiv. In April 2017 Mum convinced me to go to the dermatologist. After 2 weeks my face was almost clear, not completely though. I saw drastic changes. You guys should definitely use this product . It changed my life"

paige8981 July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "This medication didn't work for me. I've been on it for 3 months so far and 100mg. I haven't seen any results so far."

Marie Dane July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Minocycline ruined my heath. I took it for two months back in 1999 and have been dealing with repercussions ever since. Within one month of taking it, I lost feeling in parts of my left leg, my feet went numb, I had such painful joint and muscle pain that I could hardly walk. My wrists and hands hurt so bad that I couldn't brush my own teeth (Lupus). I had to get a handicap tag because I could no longer walk more than a few yards. These symptoms lasted for 9 more months. Then lessened after some significant work to fix my gut and liver health (problems caused by the medicine). I've been managing the damage caused by this dangerous drug for the past 19 years, healthy now for the most part but 2 months of mino ruined decades."

Darien619 July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "It took 3 months to see a difference. It worked. It made my skin clearer, but of course I still had some scarring and pimples here and there. 2 years later and now my acne is back like it was before. It progressively got worse since I got off of minocyclin. I was probably on it for 6 months+... oh and I had yeast infections "

Jas32333 July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I randomly started getting bad acne on my cheeks and chin a year ago, after using epiduo it got a lot better. Recently at 18 I've been seeing some flare ups so my Derm perscribed this antibiotic for me. After just a couple days I was pleased that the drug was preventing any new breakouts (it wasn't really clearing up the existing spots though). I started noticing that I would get extremely dizzy really easily, after a week on this pill I can not stand without feeling like I'm going to throw up and My acne seems WORSE. I will NEVER take Minocycline again!"

Anonymous July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "I have suffered from rosacea for the last few years but only in the last few months has it gotten out of control. My Dr has prescribed Minocycline 100mg twice a day. I have been on this medication now for 3 days and have no results. For anyone who has used this medication when did they start seeing postive signs of improvement? These flare up are really leaving me feeling down and depressed."

Anjtan July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "This medication is incredible. The ONLY side effect I experienced was mild nausea, which after the first week seemed to subside quite a bit. I am currently on 200 mg/day--(two 100mg tabs) Starting out my acne wasn't quite so severe, but I did frequently get cystic acne which was painful (which was why MA Health agreed to cover the cost after my MD petitioned them.) I've been on it for about a week and a half, maybe two weeks, and I've already seen the difference! This is my second time being on this medication--I was prescribed it in 2014, I don't know what the dosage was at the time, but after about 2 or 3 months my skin became totally clear the first time around, and before I started that time, my skin was in much worse condition."

Maria O. (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "THIS MEDICATION IS HORRIBLE. After being on it for half a year, it caused me to have a condition called idiopathic intracranial hypertension. It is pretty much an extremely painful and severe build up of pressure in your head (headaches that make you feel like you've been smashed in the head with a hammer), and I had to get a Lumbar Puncture and miss weeks of highschool because I was bedridden. My optic nerves are permanently damaged. Also it did nearly nothing for my acne until I added the birth control pill in addition to the minocycline. I had a terrible experience with minocycline due to this rare side effect, but everyone is different... but if you have chronic headaches for 2 months that worsen and are agonizing go to the doctor!!!!"

amanda1121 June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Minocycline 100mg did work for me. For the very first month, I noticed my skin getting worst, but I decided to give it another month which was right decision. Now after 2 months my skin is clear and I'm quite happy with the results"

ammit June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I was prescribed this medication for a few months for a minor blemish. After months of taking this medication, I saw no improvement and my skin broke out with painful blemishes on my chest, face and arms then caused a more severe case of folliculitis. I had to start a new medication to fix the problems this one caused."

AandC (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Horrible side effects! Just 4 doses and I'm still recovering from this medication. Feeling dizzy/ run down was just the beginning. Symptoms progressed to headache, vomiting, nausea, chest pains, loss of balance, and a general feeling of illness and pain. Not worth it."

ophm6 May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I am on Solodyn for 5 month now and my first 3 months was bad and the 4th month got better but I developed a minor itch on my leg and I ask the doctor about it , guess was one of the drug side effects, Also feeling nausea or loopy is what I get some time too! But my back is so much better now and no acne or inflamed blackheads slowly clearing up! But worry about liver damage : ("

Sheng111 May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I am taking this because I have Perioral Dermatitis. I was given solodyn for 1 week and the generic for 4 weeks. So far I have been on solodyn for 5 days. The first day I felt a little dry mouth....and up to now I feel a little nauseous and almost like my throat is "weird". I don't know if it's coincidence or the actual drug. I will finish this bottle and start the generic, but if I feel anything getting worse, I will stop it immediately. To me, it's just not worth it. Unfortunately, this only clears up with medication, not topical cream... I hope this medication does not make me feel worse!"

GreekPrincess80 May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "First week using solodyn and my acne is worse than ever. I had a lot on my cheeks, chin, and left side of my back but now its also on my forehead and my shoulders. I've woken up with 2-3 new pimples everyday for the past week since I started taking it. I really hope this is normal and it gets better soon cause this sucks :("

amanda101111 May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Today I was diagnosed with Lupus after 1 month of taking this antibiotic. Rash, headaches and joint pain (knees) are my complaints. After reading the other reviews it seems like this is a common side effect of these drugs. Surely this is not ok?!"

Eirek May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I was hesitant to take this because of the mixed reviews, but gave it a try for my horrible acne and within a day noticed it started working. I didn't have any side effects and my face started to purge (giant pimples forming) and my skin was getting worse, so I knew it was pushing everything out of my face to start clearing my skin. A week later I woke up extremely itchy on my neck, scalp, chest, back, shoulders, feet, hands, basically every where and I had broken out in hives. I took a Benadryl. Then at midnight it happened again but worse. My neck was swelling up and the hives were the color of a tomato and I was insanely itchy. If I didn't take a ton of Benadryl I would've had to go to the ER. Happened today again. No longer taking them."

giannnnna (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Treatment for Cystic adult acne. Had a very bad side effect after 2 glasses of wine (Throwing up and felt like I had drank more than I did)."

Lil Philly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I'm a sufferer from acne, and I've suffered with it since I was in middle school (now a freshman in college) I went to my dermatologist my sophomore year in high school and she prescribed me this. It worked really well for me and my skin was super clear. I didn't wanna get off of it. She did not warn me of the long term side effects. I took it on and off for about two years. Biggest mistake of my life. But since I was so stubborn and wanted clear skin, I kept taking them even though they stopped working for me. I stopped around the end of my junior year and a couple months later, I would get severe fevers, chills, joint pains, and my thighs were covered in bruises. I am now stuck with an immune disease because of the pills. Just be careful with them."

Tina___03 April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Developed flu like symptoms the evening after I took first and only dose. Soon after developed acute hives and ill feeling for several months then additionally turned jaundice. Went to GI and connected it to the minocycline. Took 3-4 months to monitor and bring liver levels back to normal (they were elevated 16 x the norm). Had similar situation 5 years back but hadn't connected it to the minocycline at that time. Had used the minocycline for a few months then. Must have developed severe reaction now to cause so much trouble with just one dose. Red Cross won't accept my blood donations now. Bad stuff. Don't recommend it to anyone"

Drug induced Hepatitis (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I took this medication when I was 16 for acne. I was getting headaches that the dermatologist said couldn't possibly be from the minocycline. I woke up after being on it for 6 weeks with double vision. I had pseudotumour cerebri (intercracial hypertension). I have suffered with recurrent headaches ever since. I am now 43. Last year I was diagnosed with a chiari malformation last year that was caused by pseudotumour cerebri. I also have syringomyelia that was caused by the chiari malformation. This is a very dangerous medication. I will eventually be in a wheelchair and will not be able to care for myself because I took minocycline at age 16."

Anonymous April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I had a few small pimples on my forehead that kept forming even though I wash my face and use Epiduo, so my dermatologist gave me this. I took this pill and the next morning I got the stomach flu which lasted for seven days, so I stopped taking this pill. I stopped taking this and then my mom convinced me that since it is winter that I am just getting sick. So I took this pill for a week straight and my acne is worse than it has ever been in my life, to the point where I don't even want to leave the house. I went to the dermatologist and they told me to take this twice a day, so I did for one month and I think it's honestly causing my acne because it is horrible and now that i stopped taking it Is getting better. Don't take this!"

Katie819 March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "A week into taking this medication I was vomiting, couldn't sleep, dizzy, water blisters, falling, sense of daydreaming"

JSRW723 March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "When I first started on minocycline (Akamin 50) It worked perfectly and cleared my severe cystic acne in weeks. But after being on it for 4 months I started getting side effects. Nausea which would make me gag and almost vomit, even from sipping on water. Vomiting, which got more severe as I stayed on the medication, I would vomit up to 3 times a week, and would randomly wake up in the middle of the night and instantly vomit. Severe diarrhea, which I would get every day. My skin started to fall off in large chunks, but only on the bottom of my feet. I started this medication when I was 16 (in October 2015) started getting side effects in February 2016, 4 months after starting it, and then finally stopped taking it when I was 18 (March 2017)"

MiniRG (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2017