User Reviews for Minocycline

Also known as: Cleeravue-M, Dynacin, Minocin, Minocin for Injection, Minolira, Myrac, Solodyn, Ximino

Rosacea

Bacterial Infection
4.8

Summary of Minocycline reviews 6.4 434 reviews

Reviews for Minocycline

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "I’m on my second month of solodyn and my cystic acne is gone!!! My dermatologist put me on the 55mg dosage which is actually right below what I should be taking. I think a lot of the negative side effects people are having may be due to high dosage. I do feel like I’m having irregular periods. Other than that I feel fine. I do agree that it makes you gain weight! Although I think it’s fluid retention to be honest. Luckily my dermatologist only wants me on it for two months so I’m almost done."

Bmcgee (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Acne: "My daughter was on minocycline for about 5 months for acne. Although it cleared up her acne the medication can be dangerous. My daughter was diagnosed with intracranial pressure and after several specialist assessed her from Nationwide Children's hospital they all have said the same thing and that being minocycline can cause intracranial pressure."

Shell September 17, 2018

For Acne: "I used to take this medication for a while last year. Even though it helped me with my acne, it mad my vision go doubled and made me very sick to the point where I was hospitalized. It may not seem like a big deal to everyone but it was a big deal to me"

Cam (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2018

For Acne: "I had mild cystic acne before taking the pill. After a week I saw some improvements it made my redness go away and some of my big pimples gone but after 3 weeks of taking the pill it made my acne worse, it made me breakout in places I never would normally breakout, it made my skin super dry and gave me rashes on my back everywhere. It would sting everytime I put on a gentle moisturiser and cleanser and make me super dizzy and tired easily. Not one of the best pills to take."

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

For Acne: "Started the medication and it worked really well, my skin cleared and my face brightened up. But I had really bad stomach pain when I took the medicine and had headaches as well. About 3 weeks in of taking the medicine I broke out in hives, I also had swelling in my hands and feet, my lips became swollen to 3x their size. The medicine worked great but caused me a terrible reaction."

Dt96 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "This medication has cleared my acne completely, BUT I have been having a ton of headaches, joint pain and even gained 10lbs in a month. I have been on this med for about 3 months. Finally I thought let me read some reviews and side effects, because I don't take any other prescriptions and sure enough all those side effects popped up. And after reading these reviews. I'm stopping them. Its unfortunate you take a med for one problem and gain 10 more. Very disappointed"

NA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "So not take. This keep in the restroom for hours. Plus had to changed the sheets."

jo (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Acne: "This drug sucks. My doctor put me on it almost a week ago for my acne and it didn't help at all. About a day later I got a headache and my stomach hurt. I thought it would go away but five days later it hurt worse and felt like my head was being condensed into the side of a tennis ball. I got dizzy going up stairs and being in cars made me extremely nauseous. Last night I started freaking out, everything was abnormally/painfully loud and I was in so much pain I just wanted someone to knock me out. The doctors started me on an IV with some drugs mixed in it that got rid of my massive headache. Sadly my stomach ache has just gotten worse. All in all this drug has made my week the worst of my life."

Ifeallikecrap (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

For Acne: "Amazing. Worked after a few days"

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Solodyn (minocycline) for Acne: "After trying everything and still breaking out really bad finally went in to get this prescribed. I have taken every day for about 5 weeks. I have not broken out once! I'm so happy I finally went to a dermatologist. It feels crazy finally waking up and not having any breakouts. Highly recommend"

Jomi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Acne: "I was prescribed topical clindamycin twice a day and apply retinoid just a night a year ago. That routine has cleared my mild acne about 90%. I was happy but I recently got some little breakouts around my jaw and it annoyed me so I went to my derm and was like “okay I want to be totally acne-free what can I do” and prescribed 1 x day 100mg minocycline pills. After 1.5 weeks, I had 3 large cysts coming in and one was in a place I never breakout. I hadn’t had a cyst in like 6 months. I was horrified so I began doing research. Needless to say the reviews are all over the place and some are quite scary. I stopped taking the drug on a Monday and my face recovered by Friday. I totally realize 2 weeks is not the proper time to see full results from an antibiotic but I was not about to wait it out. This drug is very unpredictable, it could totally clear you up or you could end up in the hospital. I just feel like I need to prevent this skin nightmare from occurring to anyone else."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Acne: "I was on minocycline for 3 months 50mg once a day and it helped me so much! Before I tried doxycycline and a ton of topicals but it didn’t help my cystic acne. Now my dermatologist told me to only use minocycline paired with CeraVE hydrating moisturizer cleanser twice a day and CeraVE night and day (with spf) cream and THATS IT. I thought it wouldn’t work but now my face is 100x clearer. It took about 6 weeks for improvement and I haven’t had a pimple in a MONTH! That’s crazy. My last pill was yesterday because taking minocycline for more than 6 months can damage your liver so I only took it for 3. I hope my acne doesn’t come back. My first dermatologist wanted me to take accutane right after the doxycycline but my new dermatologist wanted to give this a try and I’m so pleased. Going to see the dermatologist in 3 weeks to see how my skin improved."

AhonestShister (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Acne: "I have been on this medication before at least twice and I remembered how well it worked for me before. So I got some more Acnamino MR 100 Capsules prescribed and took one a day for my skin breakout 56 capsules cleared up my skin acne and I am so happy because I am no longer concerned about the pimples and lumps on my face, as they are no longer there. I cannot remember just how long ago since I have been this free of acne. I don't get side effects no issues at all so I guess it works just right for me, I love the treatment to be free of spots."

KPnut (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

For Acne: "19 yr old, have been prescribe the 50mg to be taken twice a day. I have been taking it for 9 days until I woke up with a slight fever and full body rash. I was sent to the ER and said its most likely a reaction to mino. Prior to the rash I've experienced joint and muscle pain, loss of appetite, headaches, low mood and insomnia"

rip (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Acne: "Horrible, horrible, horrible. I was prescribed Minocycline for acne. The first day it seemed to work and then I ended up in the hospital with a severe reaction. My face turned bright red, dermatographia, full body swelling, troubles breathing, a rash on my face, arms, and legs, tachycardia, and dizziness. It's the worst I have ever felt in my life and all due to wanting to give myself more self confidence. I am not the only one with this terrible reaction, beware of this drug."

Megan (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

For Acne: "I started using minocycline after having severe acne on my forehead for 5 months. About 2 weeks passed by and I had no pimples anymore! I was thrilled but unhappy to now be able to see all the scars. After about 2 months I started to get a few pimples here and there but I am still in my late teens so I just considered it to be hormones. After 4 months on it my skin was still clear and I was excited cause I was going on a vacation over seas to a tropical country. I usaully live in a pretty dry climate btw. After 3 days of being here I started noticing the pimples starting to form!!! I think its because of how hot it is here. It has now been a month and I'm still in the tropical country with my acne all back. :( i am wondering if it will clear up once I get home."

em (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Acne: "I've never been allergic to any medication till now. Took minocycline for about 2-3 weeks. Had shortness of breath, then a few days later I broke out in hives which has never happened to me. Worst itch in my life!. Hands swollen very bad. Really itchy hands and even feet. Wouldn't recommend this pill at all."

KEVIN (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

For Acne: "I took a sample of this antibiotic for a face rash/acne that had persisted to burn and itch on my face for over 2 years. This medicine began working within a couple days to clear up my rash. However, after the 4th dose of the medicine I developed major left chest, left shoulder, and left arm pains. Doctor said it was just gas in my chest sent my home to take anti gas pills and Zantac. The very next day those pains were so severe I ended up in an emergency room. I had severe Pericarditis from an allergic reaction to this medication. Doctors didn’t want to believe I was having a reaction, but when I stopped the medicine the pains slowly got better. It has taken me well over a week to have any energy back. Everyone please be aware that this medicine can cause severe reactions like this."

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

For Acne: "I took minocycline a while back when I was around 18 years old. I was on a minocycline cycle for about a year, taking two pills a day. My skin cleared up completely after around 2 months of taking this antibiotic, my scars were fading as well since I was also applying Isotretinoin (topical treatment) on my skin. All of this came at a VERY high cost which in my opinion is not worth it. The whole time I was taking Minocycline I experienced lightheadedness (to the point where I would loose balance sometimes), blurry vision, dizziness, my memory started failing and I would feel tired all the time, after about a year of taking Minocycline I decided to stop the treatment. After I stopped taking Minocycline, my skin remained clear for about 2 weeks, after that my acne came back worse and I got new scars caused by cystic acne. MINOCYCLINE WILL NOT CURE YOUR ACNE, it will just "hide it" while you are in treatment but as soon as you stop taking it, it will all come back."

27Dani June 10, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Originally diagnosed as having severe, aggressive RA, I was put on Methotrexate for a year. I hated the way it made me feel, and I freaked when she wanted to put me either biologics or Plaquenil. I found the Antibiotic Protocol Therapy for Minocycline on the Road Back Foundation, and convinced my GP to allow me to go onto it. In 10 months I was RA-related pain and deformity free and in 2 1/2 years I found a new Rheumatologist that did not believe that I really did have severe, aggressive RA - it is that good. You have to start slowly or you may suffer from a Herxheimer reaction, but I have enjoyed this time without the worst of the RA symptoms. YAY!"

Carol (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 28, 2018

For Acne: "I've been on this medication for 3 months. For the first few weeks I had nausea and headaches, but that got better. However, ever since being on the pills I've felt like I've had very low energy. It seemed to help my acne at first but 3 months in and I still have acne all over my forehead. It will clear up one week and then I'll have new breakouts the next. The only positive is that all my pimples have been really small and painless, I don't get large inflamed painful pimples anymore. However my forehead is normally covered in these tiny red dots and it really hasn't cleared up my skin."

ali (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2018

For Acne: "I have been dealing with acne for 3 months and was getting two to three new zits every week, some were really big ones that wont go away. I came to my doctor and was prescribed this medication minocycline 50g twice a day and I did see positive results after roughly taking it for 2 weeks but man the side effects were not comfortable. After 10 days I started getting sore muscles on my shoulder and neck, headache, lightheadedness, feeling sick and coughing. I decided to stop it because I can't deal with these side effects and worried that it might get worse. However, it did help with my acne as I only had 2 new zits after taking it with the help of an acne cream that a friend gave me. For me it’s not worth the pain to have clearer skin. I will probably go to a dermatologist to opt for a cream instead for an oral medication."

Grace (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

Minocin (minocycline) for Rosacea: "I suffered for years with Rosacea before seeking treatment. After finally seeking help I was prescribed Minocin. One course completely cleared up the problem and 18 years on I haven’t any further breakouts."

Daydreamer (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Acne: "Hi all, I went on the acne cream for 2 months it was amazing, however, it wasn't safe to use for a long period of time so I had to get off it. I had clear skin with an occasional pimple here and there. I went on a low dosage of some other acne pill, terrible didn't work. So my doctor recommended the minomycin pill. I have never been so itchy in my life. I have broken out in hives all over my body and a rash all red and itchy. i think I am allergic to it and I have side effects of dizziness and lightheadedness. I have felt uneasy and nausea. Definitely not worth the pain. Before this, I had a few to zero acne on my forehead and soon broke out in massive, painful zits, acne in places like my cheeks and T section where I haven't had in a while. Take this at your own risk! Good luck to those on it and I hope it works for you!!"

Helen cristis (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Acne: "Don't take it! I only consumed one or two tablets max and ended up in the hospital and later found out it resulted in me having an autoimmune disease. I now have extreme eczema and psoriasis all over my body that hasn't gone away in 3 years, which was when I first took it."

name (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...