User Reviews for Minocycline

Also known as: Cleeravue-M, Dynacin, Minocin, Minocin for Injection, Minolira, Myrac, Solodyn, Ximino

Reviews for Minocycline to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"RA diagnosed a year and I experienced pain in my fingers (some have hard knots), toes, shoulder, hip, & right side of abdomen. My rheumatologist started me out on Celebrex first & then methotrexate. Had to stop both. So what happened next was I stumbled upon Minocin as a relief from RA. I had what I thought to be a small whitehead on my eyelid that was hard & wouldn’t go away. I went to the dermatologist & was prescribed the Minocin 100 mg one every 12 hours. It healed. Around 2 weeks I noticed “I’m not hurting”. A few more days & still feeling good. Finally I decided that the only change I had made was taking the Minocin. No nausea and no widespread pain. I do have pain in my fingers but it is manageable. I googled it and read there has been success with tetracyclines but a relatively small amount of sufferers. I’m must be one and couldn’t be happier. Meanwhile I’m enjoying all the “todays.”"

Nikki35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2018

"A week into taking this medication I was vomiting, couldn't sleep, dizzy, water blisters, falling, sense of daydreaming"

JSRW723 March 20, 2017

"Trialled Minocycline for Psoriatic Arthritis for 10 months, 100mg twice a day for 3 days a week. It did help my joint pain a little after 2 months but did not go far enough for proper symptom relief and I decided to discontinue the medicine."

Aussie Beau (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2017

Minocin (minocycline): "Having suffered from rheumatoid arthritis for more than 20 years I suffered a whole body flare 5 years ago severe enough to almost prevent me from walking. Twenty-six days after being put on Minocin by my doctor at Harvard Medical School I was riding my bicycle 10 miles a day. Minocin is not a "cure" for rheumatoid arthritis. Whenever I have attempted to get off this drug the rheumatoid arthritis has come back within 2 months. But as long as I take it you would never know I have rheumatoid arthritis. Only side effect I've experienced is a grayish blue tint to my skin on my neck and cheeks."

Anonymous June 28, 2009