User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Sinusitis
5.9

Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 6.9 198 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Went to the urgent care and got prescribed 850mg dosages for my URTI and on the first dose of the day already have some relief in my throat."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2019

For Otitis Media: "Amoxicillin did not work very well for me and my ear infection, I was switched to Cefdinir after 3 days."

cfell (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "I really thought it was my sinuses. My left side of my face was throbbing and full of pressure as well as my jaw and chin gums and teeth hurt to the touch. I kept taking the real Sudafed, Benadryl and Tylenol. Did not even put a dent in relief. Went to dentist Thursday May 2nd 2019. Saw a massive infection in bottom gum, hole in tooth and infection in jaw bone! Talk about pain!!!!! I took two 500 mg Amoxicillin as soon as I got the bottle. Then 1 every 8 hours. It's now Saturday and what a difference. Jaw still sore beyond belief but not throbbing. Ecstatic is how I feel now. Tired shaky moody stomach pain but that does not compare to a severe infection that spread to root and bone. Amoxicillin does work."

Namee (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "I was prescribed amoxil for severe tooth infection. 1000mg one in the morning and one in the evening. My jaw and cheek and gum were still swollen in the first 3 days, as well as it was really painful. Then on the 4th day, the swelling has subsided but gum was still swollen. My dentist did a root canal on the 5th day with a swollen gum, then I continued taking this med another 4 days. It got rid of the tooth infection completely, but it is very slow. If you have a tooth infection, this med usually works slow on it and you have to hit high doses to help fight the infection. And yes, it left a very bad yeast infection at the end, which grew to be a "candida overgrowth symptom" too much yeast in your gut, and I am still trying to get rid of it with antifungals, and a low sugar and carb diet and probiotics. I don't know why I got that yeast, since I ate tons of probiotic yogurts while on prescription and immediately started probiotics after the treatment and still continue to take."

mepeppmt April 25, 2019

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I have asthma since I was 7 years old. Now I have a URTI and I was given this. I have never tried amoxil before I got it earlier this week from my GP not working at all on me."

Anonymous April 21, 2019

For Otitis Media: "It took a while to clear up my ears, but it worked. I had bad gut problems as a side effect. PROTIP: Antibitotics kill the good gut colonies, so you will need to replenish them with yogurt or probiotics tabs while taking your meds. This will get rid of the diarrhea issues. I ate two little packs of yogurt per amoxicillin pill, and that solved the issue."

Mike April 14, 2019

For Otitis Media: "Have had a blocked ear 5 days now went to the doctor last night as the pain was unbearable, I absolute no hearing in my left ear and was really concerned. I have been prescribed amoxicillin 500mg and just have taken two doses. Had eased pain but there is still a dull pain still there. Still no sign on my hearing coming back hopefully does soon, driving me mad! Upset stomach from this antibiotic which is one side effect"

Becksx (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2019

For Otitis Media: "Worked great, no side effects. And I previously had amoxicillin rash after about 7 days of taking it, so I successfully took amoxicillin again finishing the whole course without having recurrence of the rash. It's important to know (which you can read in articles on pubmed.gov) that having the late-onset amoxicillin rash once doesn't mean you will have it the next time you take the drug. With all antibiotics, it's normal to take probiotics or eat yogurt labeled "with active cultures" to protect yourself from antibiotics associated diarrhea, but amoxicillin doesn't tend to effect the gram-negative gut bacteria, so it's not as big concern. Amoxicillin isn't like ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, or moxifloxacin (fluoroquinolones) -- those antibiotics leave people permanently disabled for the rest of their lives."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "I'm a 54 year old, 235 lb, healthy white male. I was prescribed Amoxicillin by my dentist. Reason: I had a toothache for five days, finally went to see my dentist, the gum around one molar was infected, painful to the touch and with pus coming out when the dentist poked it with her dental instrument. She prescribed a dose of 500MG tablets to take 3 times per day, for 7 days. After just one day of taking the drug, my pain was almost completely gone. Three days into the treatment, both the pain and the infection were completely gone. I'm on the last day of my 7-day treatment and no side effects at all, except I'm feeling a bit more tired than usual, but I sleep like a baby at night. I'm very happy with this drug."

Not_your_father (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I’ve taken this drug many, many times since I was a kid. I took it a lot for strep throat, as well as before dental procedures. I recently took it for a UTI and it worked within a day. No side effects at all. All medication comes with risks, but this is a better choice than Fluroquinolones or some of the other types of antibiotics on the market. Take a probiotic with it, and assuming you don’t have an allergy you should be fine."

UTIprone (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "Amoxicillin is far too slow at working so it is leaving you in pain."

Pain (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I had 4 pre-molars removed to make space for when I got a brace fitted. Thought the procedure would be quite straight forward... anything but! One tooth snapped on the way out, so needed surgery. The other 3 all got infected within 2 days of being pulled. (I had “monster roots” apparently, which contributed). I got prescribed amoxicillin and metronidazole to help for this dental work. It’s day 6 of taking the antibiotics now and I’m still unsure if they’ve worked. Although many side affects! Fever, vomiting, itchy skin, headaches, drowsiness, awful metallic taste, low moods. I’ve now lost 14lbs in weight and I still have the infection. Awful drug!"

Nic (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I was given a prescription of amoxicillin capsules for ten days to help fight a strep throat infection. My throat started getting better within the first day. By the second day, my throat didn't hurt at all. On the third day, however, I started experiencing serious side effects. I had severe diarrhea and abdominal pain that were so bad that I stopped taking the capsules. I was in bed for two days with agonizing cramps and frequent visits to the toilet. I lost my appetite and didn't eat for two days. It is now the sixth day after starting to take amoxicillin and the cramps and diarrhea are gone. The strep infection has returned. I will not go back to the amoxicillin. Instead, I will wait for the infection to heal without any medicine. The cramps were so painful that I wouldn't intentionally go through that again unless there was a better reason to do it."

apaq (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "Works like a charm after only one day. The tooth pain was gone and the swelling was down. I will take for another 6 days, so as to kill any lingering infection. Male, 62 years old."

TW (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 875 mg 2x per day for a boil. Very good med, cleared my boil in 4 days."

Willis82 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "Started taking on Wednesday for mild tooth infection with no symptoms. By Thursday I had a severe headache, extreme fatigue, and fever. Mood was affected I’ve been very moody almost a pent-up angry feeling. Fever and headache continued until Monday when I just decided to quit antibiotic (5 days with fever) dentist refused to change antibiotics. Better now"

Lady B (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

For Sinusitis: "Diarrhea is so bad. Yeast infections every time I've ever used it. My old doctor wouldn't even prescribe it because of the known side effects."

Oceangirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "I have 4 Impacted teeth in my Jaw and I've been experiencing pain. Along with a painkiller a doctor prescribed me Amoxicillin as a precaution until I speak to the oral surgeon. I feel like the jaw pain may have eased but I've also got new problems like headache, intestinal and stomach pain, bloating, shakiness and anxiety I can only contribute to the side effects of Amoxicillin."

Jesse88 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "This med will work for any tooth infection but it needs company: Flagyl 500mg to kill the infection. I tried it alone and it doesn't work. Then when the dentist prescribed Flagyl pills 500 mg with it (n my country not here in the U.S) it worked perfectly..I feel safe with amoxcillin."

Sonny Saif (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Prescribed 15 tablets of amoxicillin to take over 5 days. Prior to commencing the course, I suffered a very excruciating chest pain, which disappeared after taking 2 tablets. However, after taking a further 6 tablets I suffered 4 severe attacks of very watery diarrhea so, on my doctors advice, I discontinued the treatment. For clearing the severe pain I would give it 10/10, for the diarrhea 0/10."

tudor November 29, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "This drug was prescribed by my dentist. I got a root canal and he said it was to get rid of the bacteria. The first few days I had a migraine and nausea. I also got a yeast infection. I finished the the treatment but I would not take this again unless I really had too."

Momvszombie (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Used this drug for a minor sinus infection and ended up with an incurable skin fungal infection that I have been dealing with for 5 years now, plus numerous food intolerances. Please think twice before taking this medication unless absolutely necessary. I used to be healthy with beautiful skin and could eat what I wanted. Wish I could go back and not have taken the medication."

BeeBee (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I was given this for sinus, started taking on a Friday night at 875mg for 2 times a day. Well on Monday my left eye got blurry, along with my top lip swelling plus under my chin swollen up and made my issue worse. Went to doctor on Tuesday and she said I had a allergic reaction to the meds. She changed it to Prednisone along with a shot in the hip and my symptoms got better within hours. My eye is still blurry but not as bad but I'll give that a few days."

FixitJesus (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I had a severe gum infection with extreme pain , it’s been 9 days with antibiotic and 90% relief of pain and symptoms. Some stomach upset but medication still excellent!!"

Nun (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "Been on this medication for 3 and a half days with absolutely no relief, only pain continuing into the ear and below cheek bone to neck with a little lymph node and yeast. I'm tempted to quit but I'm trying to see if I'll get any positive result."

Blessed child October 21, 2018