User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Helicobacter Pylori Infection

Otitis Media
6.4

Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 7.1 165 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin

For Dental Abscess: "Bad"

Guenid (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Sinusitis: "Hard to breathe"

Hollyhobby (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Works for bacterial infection but caused me an incurable fungal infection. I wish I never took it and had treated my original infection naturally."

Bee (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Best antibiotic for me. At first sign of coloured sputum I take a 14 day course. Plus occasional omeprazole capsules to aid with gut sensitivity. No side effects. Any trace of urinary infection goes."

peetee (taken for 10 years or more) April 20, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "My teeth have cracked roots, which s a very painful condition. The tooth literally starts to "die" and wow is it painful. And can make you very sick. Months before you even know you have a crack root tooth! I had to have two teeth pulled due to this problem. The roots broke off in the "pulls" so oral surgery was necessary. I have been on Amoxicillin for 2 weeks now. Because I was taking only 2 pills at 500 mgs a day, it wasn't working. It wasn't until I doubled the dosage that the antibiotic has started to work. It's hard on your stomach but it does work."

Patty March 19, 2018

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "My 9 year old took this medicine for tonsilitis, she developed the rash after 5 days. It was the worst and still continues. It has been 3 days since not taking the meds and the rash is still there but at least we now see signs of it going away. I heard the rash develops because it take too much good bacteria out of your system, so I gave her a probiotic smoothie in the morning and also yogurt with fruit. Strawberries, mangoes and oranges are really good. I also put lavender, rose and blue tansy essential oils on her chest, top of feet and 3rd eye - not a rub just a spot. They are really good for calming. I also made her drink tons of water to flush it out of her system. This was the most difficult experience, I wish there were better antibiotics out there or that I knew beforehand what this drug could do."

got "the" rash (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "My dentist gave me 875mg twice a day for 7 days after gum flap surgery so I don’t get a infection. I used same medication 6 months ago for the same thing when the first half of my mouth was done but I don’t remember any of these side effects. Today I slept 11 hours got up ate went back to sleep for another 3 hours. I did have stomach pains first day but just eat something small with the pills I usually eat a banana it helps a lot. I have noticed while taking this pill I have been starving!! And I’m getting bad headaches. I’m only on day 3 now so I hope things get better but I’m happy as long as I don’t get a infection."

Stephanie (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "I started taking amoxicillin immediately. My dentist prescribed it for a toothache. I take 1 twice a day for 10 days. After day one the pain went away but I had diarrhea and I felt very nauseous. Also I had fever and chills. By the end of the night I had vomited twice. Day two I just took a half a pill and still felt dizzy and light headed. I’ve taken this medication before in the past and I do not recall this kind of problem. But it knocked out the pain"

Anonymous January 29, 2018

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I took Amoxicillin for my strep throat (10 day supply) but then came back 3 days after my last dosage. I went back to the urgent care and then they prescribed a ZPac to me instead so the Amoxicillin didn't work for me. The doctor mentioned that it might not have worked because I have really large tonsils."

Steve9776 January 3, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "This medicine is just trash! It is very expensive medication and my insurance paid for it - but its horrible"

Niceguy142 December 17, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "After 3 courses of Macrobid, good old amoxicillin seemed to finally clear up most of my issues."

BellaFelice December 9, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I've been taking 875 mg for 3 days for UTI, it isn't working, pain in pelvic area and other UTI symptoms are no better 7 more days of my 10 day prescription . Hoping things get better soon."

page han (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

For Sinusitis: "Amoxicillin loosens the dried mucus for me, along with a lot of water, but doesn't eradicate the infection. The best antibiotic for me is cefdinr"

fances (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "Day one nauseous. Day two vomiting. Oh my gosh day 3) Diarrhoea three times horrible and night time bad aches and pains. Now I've had sepsis worst pain ever say a 10/10. Amoxicillin 6/10 for pain can't sleep helps if you sit up at night try distracting yourself by reading!"

Garry1971 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "I've started taking it and only took 2 tablets and the pain is getting worse than before and my face all feels numb my teeth are hurting"

anonymous7862 December 4, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I took Amoxicillin and Potassium Clevolunate as per Doctor's prescription and my symptoms of backpain and fever felling diminished within two hours."

Soma Pattanayak (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "Tooth was decaying and infection hit. So I was given this drug and within 2 days my infection has decreased."

Zachary.24 September 17, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "not working"

amox is not working (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

For Dental Abscess: "Honestly this medicine isn't working at all my dentist gave it to me last Thursday and I am still in a lot of pain today even more actually not only is my tooth still hurting but my jaw, left ear, and left side of my head hurt as well I am in a lot of pain."

Lil Shake (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Had symptoms such as swollen gland on my neck, sore throat. Doctor prescribed amoxicillin 500mg (to be taken every 8 hrs) Got so much better after three days, after taking amoxicillin! But do keep in mind, if you have any symptoms such as rashes, stomach upset or nausea, stop taking amoxicillin because you might be allergic to this antibiotic."

Eve Ling July 7, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "All weekend been in agony with tooth ache. I was climbing walls with the pain I was in. Being 9 months pregnant too not a lot I can take for pain. Only paracetamol which never touched it. Managed to get appointment with my dentist and he said I have got abscesses inside tooth he prescribed amoxicillin 250mg 3 a day. Took 1st one straight after dentist at 12pm pain was still there and was killing me. By time I took second one. The pain has eased loads. Don't know if it's the amoxicillin or not. But what a relief so I'll sleep better tonight. I think it's the amoxicillin doing it's job."

Shellyjjones17 July 3, 2017

For Otitis Media: "This medication did not clear up the infection very well at all. After noticing an odorless discharge coming from my right ear for two days when getting out of bed in the morning, I went to my local Urgent Care (on a weekend) and was prescribed Amoxicillin 500 MG and took it three times for almost 10 days. When following up with my primary doctor about a week later, he explained to me that my infection was clearing up, but still present. He also went on to add that regular Amoxicillin has its limitations with certain bacteria and that more often than not, it does not clear up the entire infection. He then prescribed Augmentin 875 MG for seven to ten days, which I have taken before for infections like this with successful results."

jmcd2017 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Many more side effects than usual. (875 MG for 10 days) I always ask for this, and I normally give this antibiotic a 10/10 because it cures anything for me by the morning of day 3. I'm on the morning of day 4, and I only feel slightly better because of the side effects I've never had: Too much fatigue Complete loss of appetite Lightheaded in the sun Noticeably unfocused Cramps so bad, that I'm too afraid to eat solid food. Canker Sores healing too slowly Poor sleep. Will be going to back to Urgent Care if I still feel this tired by day 5."

KaiDee May 31, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "Been given as I have a infection in my wisdom tooth which I've got a specialist consultation for in 2 weeks time. So far had 6 of these tablets (one 3x a day so I'm about go onto day 3) No pain relief and no sleep. Not slept right in over a week now but the pain is becoming unbearable. I take morphine, paracetamol & Naproxen for health conditions and none of these have worked with my body. My dentist didn't give me anything apart from the antibiotics and just told me within 2 days I'll be much more painless as the paracetamol should work with the antibiotics. It's 2:28am on the 3rd day several hours before my 7th pill and I'm in so much pain and so tired but cannot sleep. Seem not to work for me, feels like it's getting worse. Will update."

Rae91 April 29, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "Taking amoxicillin for tooth infection the first day of taking it was horrible tooth hurt more than it did before I started but I think that was the drug doing it's job trying to fight off the infection second day same situation still more pain the third day was great finally no more pain from toothache! Pain free only thing is I woke up with swollen gums. Side effects from this drug is hard to bare especially for me since I work 9-9. I was very tired on daily basis my body was weak , stomach pain, woke up in the middle of night not being able to sleep. I mean side effects were horrible but I only had to take This drug for 7 days until I was able to get the tooth pulled . Thank God"

Mirmir25 April 24, 2017