User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Moxatag, ...show all 9 brand namesAmoxil, Trimox, Wymox, Amoxil Pediatric Drops, Biomox, Amoxicot, Moxilin, Dispermox

Helicobacter Pylori Infection

Sinusitis
5.9

Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 7.0 187 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin

For Bacterial Infection: "I had 4 pre-molars removed to make space for when I got a brace fitted. Thought the procedure would be quite straight forward... anything but! One tooth snapped on the way out, so needed surgery. The other 3 all got infected within 2 days of being pulled. (I had “monster roots” apparently, which contributed). I got prescribed amoxicillin and metronidazole to help for this dental work. It’s day 6 of taking the antibiotics now and I’m still unsure if they’ve worked. Although many side affects! Fever, vomiting, itchy skin, headaches, drowsiness, awful metallic taste, low moods. I’ve now lost 14lbs in weight and I still have the infection. Awful drug!"

Nic (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I was given a prescription of amoxicillin capsules for ten days to help fight a strep throat infection. My throat started getting better within the first day. By the second day, my throat didn't hurt at all. On the third day, however, I started experiencing serious side effects. I had severe diarrhea and abdominal pain that were so bad that I stopped taking the capsules. I was in bed for two days with agonizing cramps and frequent visits to the toilet. I lost my appetite and didn't eat for two days. It is now the sixth day after starting to take amoxicillin and the cramps and diarrhea are gone. The strep infection has returned. I will not go back to the amoxicillin. Instead, I will wait for the infection to heal without any medicine. The cramps were so painful that I wouldn't intentionally go through that again unless there was a better reason to do it."

apaq (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "Works like a charm after only one day. The tooth pain was gone and the swelling was down. I will take for another 6 days, so as to kill any lingering infection. Male, 62 years old."

TW (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed 875 mg 2x per day for a boil. Very good med, cleared my boil in 4 days."

Willis82 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "Started taking on Wednesday for mild tooth infection with no symptoms. By Thursday I had a severe headache, extreme fatigue, and fever. Mood was affected I’ve been very moody almost a pent-up angry feeling. Fever and headache continued until Monday when I just decided to quit antibiotic (5 days with fever) dentist refused to change antibiotics. Better now"

Lady B (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

For Sinusitis: "Diarrhea is so bad. Yeast infections every time I've ever used it. My old doctor wouldn't even prescribe it because of the known side effects."

Oceangirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "I have 4 Impacted teeth in my Jaw and I've been experiencing pain. Along with a painkiller a doctor prescribed me Amoxicillin as a precaution until I speak to the oral surgeon. I feel like the jaw pain may have eased but I've also got new problems like headache, intestinal and stomach pain, bloating, shakiness and anxiety I can only contribute to the side effects of Amoxicillin."

Jesse88 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Dental Abscess: "This med will work for any tooth infection but it needs company: Flagyl 500mg to kill the infection. I tried it alone and it doesn't work. Then when the dentist prescribed Flagyl pills 500 mg with it (n my country not here in the U.S) it worked perfectly..I feel safe with amoxcillin."

Sonny Saif (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Prescribed 15 tablets of amoxicillin to take over 5 days. Prior to commencing the course, I suffered a very excruciating chest pain, which disappeared after taking 2 tablets. However, after taking a further 6 tablets I suffered 4 severe attacks of very watery diarrhea so, on my doctors advice, I discontinued the treatment. For clearing the severe pain I would give it 10/10, for the diarrhea 0/10."

tudor November 29, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "This drug was prescribed by my dentist. I got a root canal and he said it was to get rid of the bacteria. The first few days I had a migraine and nausea. I also got a yeast infection. I finished the the treatment but I would not take this again unless I really had too."

Momvszombie (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Used this drug for a minor sinus infection and ended up with an incurable skin fungal infection that I have been dealing with for 5 years now, plus numerous food intolerances. Please think twice before taking this medication unless absolutely necessary. I used to be healthy with beautiful skin and could eat what I wanted. Wish I could go back and not have taken the medication."

BeeBee (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I was given this for sinus, started taking on a Friday night at 875mg for 2 times a day. Well on Monday my left eye got blurry, along with my top lip swelling plus under my chin swollen up and made my issue worse. Went to doctor on Tuesday and she said I had a allergic reaction to the meds. She changed it to Prednisone along with a shot in the hip and my symptoms got better within hours. My eye is still blurry but not as bad but I'll give that a few days."

FixitJesus (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I had a severe gum infection with extreme pain , it’s been 9 days with antibiotic and 90% relief of pain and symptoms. Some stomach upset but medication still excellent!!"

Nun (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "Been on this medication for 3 and a half days with absolutely no relief, only pain continuing into the ear and below cheek bone to neck with a little lymph node and yeast. I'm tempted to quit but I'm trying to see if I'll get any positive result."

Blessed child October 21, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "I was prescribed 500mg for a toothache. Five days into taking it, I get a yeast infection. The yeast infection is getting worse as time goes on. Nothing but itching and burning. The tooth pain still exists, just not as bad. I'd rather have just removed my tooth instead of suffering from this yeast infection. It's a cheap drug but the pain it causes makes it not worth taking."

Watergirl33 (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Age 65. I was prescribed and took Amoxicillin 875 twice a day for ten days for a tooth infection. I have not had antibiotics for decades and it worked wonders not only curing my tooth infection but also a persistent ear infection which had been bothering me on and off for quite a while. Gone! (;>) I also took a HSO probiotic and glass of kefir daily during the course and my stomach/GI/BM are feeling and functioning great normally. Two thumbs up!"

hp (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "Miracle drug. An absolute miracle. Pain and swelling gone. Bye bye Abscess."

drug man (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "My oral surgeon prescribed amoxicillin 500mg three times daily for 7 days for an infected wisdom tooth prior to surgical extraction of four impacted wisdom teeth. After two days on the antibiotic, symptoms associated with the infected tooth began to subside (i.e. decreased inflammation, pain relief). Prior to that I couldn't sleep without Orajel, 800mg of ibuprofen, and 50mg of diphenhydramine. I experienced minor digestive side effects (e.g. minor abdominal pain and 2-3 episodes of loose stool) after a few days on the medication; however, the medication was well tolerated overall and the relief was much appreciated."

bswan September 18, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was on a 5 day treatment for a urinary tract infection and was taking it 3 times a day 500 mg. It did not treat it completely. It stopped the urge to pee every five mins and stopped the lower belly pain but I still had the pain at the end after I would pee and I still bad back pain so back to the doc I go "

Oneofakind (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I never liked the dentist and haven't gone for 35 years. About 25 years ago my gums would bleed every time I brushed or ate something. I would wake up every day with blood in my mouth and on my pillow. I would brush every day but the bleeding would still go on. I got bit by my cat 2 months ago and the doctor put me on Amoxicillin for 7 days. My gums are great now. I brush and floss 3 times a day and no more bleeding!! 25 years of misery until my cat bit my big toe!"

Jimsgtx (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "This stuff works! But here’s something I would like to share with other people experiencing dental related pain which I’ve had a lot of over the years... Your sinuses play a role in the equation. Sinus pressure can exacerbate dental pain. It will likely be uncomfortable while you do it, but try massaging your sinuses upwards and out. Massage the muscles at your temple. Feel around your face and head. You’ll find points which are particularly sensitive. Dental pain can resonate throughout your head and massaging your sinuses and head can be a tremendous help! At times it has actually minimized my pain because the sinus pressure was making the pain worse and once I massaged my sinuses (upwards and out) the pressure was relieved. I did this in conjunction with ibuprofen and a heating pad. Of course it won’t cure it, only the appropriate dental work is going to solve it, but in many cases doing this will help to minimize your suffering in the meantime."

DElle777 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I curse the day I was given amoxicillin. The course left me with terrible sores, back and hip pain, kidney damage (not sure yet if its reversible or not) I was never told about the risks, only asked if I was allergic to amoxicillin, to which I said 'No' because I had taken them before, however on this occasion it was more heavily prescribed (maximum dose) which caused me to react with a lot of pain and discomfort. Make sure you understand the risks before taking."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "Bad"

Guenid (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Sinusitis: "Hard to breathe"

Hollyhobby (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Works for bacterial infection but caused me an incurable fungal infection. I wish I never took it and had treated my original infection naturally."

Bee (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018