User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Helicobacter Pylori Infection 2 reviews 61 medications

Sinusitis 10 reviews 248 medications

6.5
Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 117 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Amoxicillin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I always take Azo when I find I have a UTI. I take it with the antibiotic. It immediately gets rid of all the symptoms until the antibiotic can kick in"

Anonymous August 18, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "The drug was effective after the seventh day , I was suffering from tonsil stones and sore throat , probably strep throat , on the 7 day it's gone and the only reaction I had with the drug was a upset stomach."

Sartaj Singh (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I got put on these today as I got a really bad abscess around my gum and tooth my left cheek is so swollen I can't swollen or eat anything. I've taken the first 3 but nothing has changed seems like it's getting worst maybe it's just me and it's too soon to tell but no side effects for me what so ever just make me abit sleepy.. This is prob the worst thing I've ever experienced so bloody painful and uncomfortable "

Sararosax July 9, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I'm on Day 5 out of 7 and am calling it quits and try a different one tomorrow. The side effects hit me all at once on day 3. I got extreme exhaustion and muscle weakness. I couldn't even lift my arms without feeling exhausted. I got really irritable and extreme mood swings (yelling, crying). I got heart palipitations and extreme anxiety/paranoia. Strange rubber feeling in mouth, weird thoughts. On day 4 I started hallucinating a bit (nothing extreme but it was terrifying). Every muscle in my body aches. Oh and I checked to see if my infection improved with an at home test and it's still there! I quit, this is honestly the worst drug I have ever had in my life and didn't do anything. I can't wait for this to wear off."

Wintercat2 July 5, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I'm taking for my gum infection, 500 MG caps 3x a day. The first two days on the medication the side effects were pretty bad; extremely dizzy, sleep disturbance, headache, super strong appetite, dysphoria, severe indigestion, and extreme nausea. I'm now on day 3 of 7 and my mouth pain caused by an infection in my gums is gone. I'm still experiencing side effects, but they are at a level 3 or 4 instead of a 9 on the first day. I am so grateful to have found this new dentist. Another dentist gave me a different antibiotic a few months ago for the same issue and it didn't work at all. I really hope this one fully gets rid of the infection. I can't believe how fast it worked!"

Bianca11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Was taking amoxicillin 875 mg twice a day tablets had Excessive tiredness,Chest pain and Upset stomach. first pill ever that made me so sleepy ever day, I'm 18 so it might work different for other people."

momo,raquel June 22, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "This drug was really effective in getting rid of my infection but the side effects were difficult to deal with. The tablets made me so exhausted I really struggled to stay awake all day. My eyes would droop at my desk and I felt lightheaded and dizzy. I found it extremely hard to concentrate. I had to leave work early taking this tablet because I could not focus and many times when my colleagues helped drive me home, they had to help me walk to the car because I was so weak and unfocused I couldn't walk in a straight line. I also felt nauseous for most of the day and had mild stomach cramps. It was wonderful for the infection I had but was the hardest week coping with the exhaustion and drowsiness."

Nicolahbn June 9, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Got terrible reaction with redness and itching all over my body. Horrible itching despite caladryl, changing to Z-pak, etc. BE VERY CAREFUL AND RE TESTED FOR REACTION TO PENICILLIN-like DRUGS BEFORE ANY INTERVENTION."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "I have never been allergic to amoxicillin (500mg) but I received it last week after a dentist visit to take 3 times daily for 7 days. I originally thought nothing of the symptoms until yesterday when it hurt really bad to urinate. But last night it seemed to go away but today the pain is back. I looked up the symptoms today and yes I had diaherra and itching last week (didn't know why) until now. Also tired, itchy and still hurting when I urinate. I stopped taking the medicine because the pain is so bad. I will talk to my dentist when I go back this week but I have never had issues with Amoxicillin. Something must have changed."

lady di 2010 May 4, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "I got my wisdom teeth pulled two months ago and got put on antibiotics, had no problem with it at all. Now, two months later, I'm on amoxicillin because I need a root canal treatment and I keep feeling a lump in my throat and pains in the front of my neck down to my collarbone. Sometimes my ears will hurt or my eyes will hurt, or I'll feel like I have a headache. I've never been allergic to medications before, but I've been taking this for two days now and feel awful. I go in for my RCT tomorrow and will have to ask my endodontist about this, but I'm almost sure that it's the amoxicillin causing this. I just wish I wasn't in pain anymore."

not feelin it May 2, 2016

For Sinusitis: "After 7 days on amoxicillen and worsening pain in maxillary sinus, went to ER. Was given choice of 10 days augmentin or zpak. Chose zpak. 5 days, I've already been sick 4 weeks. Wanted faster relief."

675ttt April 25, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Took this for a week for chest infection and when I stopped with in days I had was peeing large amounts of blood...now on another antibiotic for a bladder infection. I don't understand how I got a bladder infection after being on this antibiotic...cleared chest up but nothing for bladder."

ruby0922 March 31, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "So. Amoxicillin works fantastic for a UTI BUT I'd never ever take it w/out a probiotic. I get a bottle of acidophilus (maybe a few billion cultures) at a big box store for under $6. Reason being is antibiotics kill bacteria both good and bad. My daughter gets thrush and Ive NEVER had a yeast infection until on amoxicillin for over 3 days. These Are side effects of good bacteria being killed off. My dr advised me on this & ive never had any more side effects!"

Yo momma (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Im 17 years old and have been using Amoxicillin for the last month to keep my abscess tooth Infection down... i have never had to drain my tooth at all... It works great with no side effects for me... I did get a little bit of diarrhea but not much at all... No pain anywhere... NOW you do you need to know that everyone's body will react Differently to Amoxicillin So please don't go by what the reviews say... Test it out for your self..."

C7734 March 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I've suffered from folliculitis for over 20 years. Pus filled pimples came out on my head and lower neck. The specialist dermatologist here in California prescribed a variety of medications that only would removed them temporarily, and they would returned every time with more pus. Amoxicillin 500 mg. Capsule cured me permanently 80-90% of my decease. I'm currently on my last treatment of 1pill 3 times a day to cure the remaining."

Gustavo A. (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "Made me anxious, confused, severe fatigued and unable to focus. Also gave me headache and stomach pain in the first three days."

Adrian123 February 27, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "Ah 2nd day on 500mg of amoxicillin 3 times a day. HURRY UP AND START WORKING. In severe pain from 2 infected teeth tried everything else for the pain the only thing that gives me 5 min of relief is sensodyne rapid relief toothpaste used 2 bottles in 5 days."

Girl-in-pain (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I started taking Amoxicillin on Friday evening for bronchitis and saw major improvements by that Sunday. I noticed that following Wednesday I started having some diarrhea, and now today, I am having major diarrhea that caused me to miss work. I am taking the Amoxicillin twice a day for 10 days. I will complete the regimen but hoping the diarrhea goes away soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Sinusitis: "Every time I'm prescribed Amoxil I have yeast infections for a week or so. Diflucan is also a given."

Mac00 January 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Amoxicillin 500mg 3x a day. No more pain, urgency, and frequency incontinence no more blood in my urine. And THAT is exactly what I wanted. I am back to my sassy self."

GJG39 January 13, 2016

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Stopped the buring sensation that comes with UTI when urinating. Unfortunately, this did not cure my UTI at all. Got really horrible side effects too."

Krisu112 January 12, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "My daughter was given this by her pediatrician for strep and tonsillitis. It's day three and she still coughs at night and the marbling on her tonsils are still not gone or the swelling. Most of the redness is gone but the bumps in back of throat are still there too."

Sarahrichardsonmohaveaz December 31, 2015

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Pneumonia: "I have bacterial pneumonia with 2 spots on my lungs after the flu. Not much nasal involvement. Bad headache, body ache, fever and chills. Deep dry cough. Started Levaguin by IV at the ER but within an hour I got hives on mouth and neck and slightly itchy all over, then 3 bouts of projectile vomiting. Then tried Clavimycin but developed hives after 2 days. Both meds helped me feel better and headache & fever went away. Now on amoxicillin-clav 875, twice a day. Symptoms are very slowly improving. Only a bit of loose stool. Probiotics and bland diet help."

TexasSickie December 11, 2015

For Dental Abscess: "Took this for a tooth abcess. Tooth ache went away but was replaced by other pains. Feels like every muscle on my body is sore especially the legs and lower back. Throwing up and also have diarrhea. Massive headache. The body ache is so bad I laid in bed crying, and I have a pretty high threshold for pain usually. I cannot seem to get out of bed and cannot find a comfortable position for my legs and back. Also just started having a fever of 99.4 degrees. I took this about 7 to 8 hours ago, not sure if I'd rather have the toothache or these side effects that's how bad this is. I've taken amoxicillin in the past and did not have any of these problems, not sure what changed. (or maybe this is my body reaction to the abscess ?)"

Kc2025 November 29, 2015

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "good"

tyroone (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015