User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Amoxicillin Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 887 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Amoxicillin to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

"The drug was effective after the seventh day , I was suffering from tonsil stones and sore throat , probably strep throat , on the 7 day it's gone and the only reaction I had with the drug was a upset stomach."

Sartaj Singh (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

Amoxil (amoxicillin): "I am a patient with a cold and cough. Whenever I am exposed to cold for more time without proper covering my body, I get cold and coughing. I immediately start bronchitis effect. I start coughing. I feel very nervous and feeling very sick. No mood for doing any activity. Feel tired and body ache. This situation remains for very long time if I don%u2019t take medicine and ultimately it goes away quickly if I start antibiotics. Amoxicillin is the most effective drug for my bronchitis. It starts effect from the very 1st pill. I feel very comfortable after the prescribed dose is finished. I take MOXIKIND-CV 625 in India. It does not have any side effect to me. I wonder why Indian doctors treat me with the drug contains Cefixime, whenever I suffer from bronchitis. It is never effective at all and ultimately I need to take Amoxicillin and immediately I get relief from my painful bronchitis. Thanks to Amoxicillin."

Pramukh (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2015

"I took a 500mg Amoxicillin (3x/day) course of 9 days to treat upper respiratory tract infection in 2012, and it worked well. The month long coughing with phlegm was gone."

golfgeek (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2013

"Works great with almost no side effects. Causes diarrhea in dosage of 1000 mg, but none at lesser dose. No yeast infection."

fredswife (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2013

"Caused severe vomiting, stomach upset, and diarrhea. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish the full course."

Sara86 March 2, 2012

Amoxil (amoxicillin): "no side effects, gentle but efective. Feelings of relief began a few hours after the first pill."

Anonymous April 5, 2008

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate