User Reviews for Amoxicillin to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Also known as: Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi

Amoxicillin has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Amoxicillin Rating Summary

6.6/10 average rating

Compare all 598 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Amoxicillin

Pramukh · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 20, 2015

Amoxil (amoxicillin): “I am a patient with a cold and cough. Whenever I am exposed to cold for more time without proper covering my body, I get cold and coughing. I immediately start bronchitis effect. I start coughing. I feel very nervous and feeling very sick. No mood for doing any activity. Feel tired and body ache. This situation remains for very long time if I don%u2019t take medicine and ultimately it goes away quickly if I start antibiotics. Amoxicillin is the most effective drug for my bronchitis. It starts effect from the very 1st pill. I feel very comfortable after the prescribed dose is finished. I take MOXIKIND-CV 625 in India. It does not have any side effect to me. I wonder why Indian doctors treat me with the drug contains Cefixime, whenever I suffer from bronchitis. It is never effective at all and ultimately I need to take Amoxicillin and immediately I get relief from my painful bronchitis. Thanks to Amoxicillin.”

Sartaj Singh · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2016

“The drug was effective after the seventh day , I was suffering from tonsil stones and sore throat , probably strep throat , on the 7 day it's gone and the only reaction I had with the drug was a upset stomach.”

tudor November 29, 2018

“Prescribed 15 tablets of amoxicillin to take over 5 days. Prior to commencing the course, I suffered a very excruciating chest pain, which disappeared after taking 2 tablets. However, after taking a further 6 tablets I suffered 4 severe attacks of very watery diarrhea so, on my doctors advice, I discontinued the treatment. For clearing the severe pain I would give it 10/10, for the diarrhea 0/10.”

KaiDee May 31, 2017

“Many more side effects than usual. (875 MG for 10 days) I always ask for this, and I normally give this antibiotic a 10/10 because it cures anything for me by the morning of day 3. I'm on the morning of day 4, and I only feel slightly better because of the side effects I've never had: Too much fatigue Complete loss of appetite Lightheaded in the sun Noticeably unfocused Cramps so bad, that I'm too afraid to eat solid food. Canker Sores healing too slowly Poor sleep. Will be going to back to Urgent Care if I still feel this tired by day 5.”

Anonymous April 5, 2008

Amoxil (amoxicillin): “no side effects, gentle but efective. Feelings of relief began a few hours after the first pill.”

golfgeek · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2013

“I took a 500mg Amoxicillin (3x/day) course of 9 days to treat upper respiratory tract infection in 2012, and it worked well. The month long coughing with phlegm was gone.”

fredswife · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2013

“Works great with almost no side effects. Causes diarrhea in dosage of 1000 mg, but none at lesser dose. No yeast infection.”

Sara86 March 2, 2012

“Caused severe vomiting, stomach upset, and diarrhea. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish the full course.”

Shell · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2021

“I am so bad at taking medication I need. Nothing bad has happened on amoxicillin, no side effects. You can do this. Get off of here and take your meds lovely.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2019

“Went to the urgent care and got prescribed 850mg dosages for my URTI and on the first dose of the day already have some relief in my throat.”

Anonymous April 21, 2019

Amoxil (amoxicillin): “I have asthma since I was 7 years old. Now I have a URTI and I was given this. I have never tried amoxil before I got it earlier this week from my GP not working at all on me.”

Sean · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2021

“Have used other brands in past but this case used sandboz 500g absolutely rubbish shocked that they are aloud to sell this product”

James November 7, 2020

“Got vomiting and cramps from amoxicillin”

Learn more about Upper Respiratory Tract Infection