User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Amoxicillin Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 378 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Amoxicillin to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"I always take Azo when I find I have a UTI. I take it with the antibiotic. It immediately gets rid of all the symptoms until the antibiotic can kick in"

Anonymous August 18, 2016

"I'm on Day 5 out of 7 and am calling it quits and try a different one tomorrow. The side effects hit me all at once on day 3. I got extreme exhaustion and muscle weakness. I couldn't even lift my arms without feeling exhausted. I got really irritable and extreme mood swings (yelling, crying). I got heart palipitations and extreme anxiety/paranoia. Strange rubber feeling in mouth, weird thoughts. On day 4 I started hallucinating a bit (nothing extreme but it was terrifying). Every muscle in my body aches. Oh and I checked to see if my infection improved with an at home test and it's still there! I quit, this is honestly the worst drug I have ever had in my life and didn't do anything. I can't wait for this to wear off."

Wintercat2 July 5, 2016

"Took this for a week for chest infection and when I stopped with in days I had was peeing large amounts of blood...now on another antibiotic for a bladder infection. I don't understand how I got a bladder infection after being on this antibiotic...cleared chest up but nothing for bladder."

ruby0922 March 31, 2016

"So. Amoxicillin works fantastic for a UTI BUT I'd never ever take it w/out a probiotic. I get a bottle of acidophilus (maybe a few billion cultures) at a big box store for under $6. Reason being is antibiotics kill bacteria both good and bad. My daughter gets thrush and Ive NEVER had a yeast infection until on amoxicillin for over 3 days. These Are side effects of good bacteria being killed off. My dr advised me on this & ive never had any more side effects!"

Yo momma (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

"Amoxicillin 500mg 3x a day. No more pain, urgency, and frequency incontinence no more blood in my urine. And THAT is exactly what I wanted. I am back to my sassy self."

GJG39 January 13, 2016

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Stopped the buring sensation that comes with UTI when urinating. Unfortunately, this did not cure my UTI at all. Got really horrible side effects too."

Krisu112 January 12, 2016

"I had been having abdominal and pelvic pain for over three weeks thinking that it was menstrual related. Once my cycle was over I noticed that there was blood in my urine and immediately knew that it was a urinary tract and or bladder infection. I got a prescription for amoxicillin and within an hour of taking the first dose which was two pills my pain had subsided from an 8 to a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Several hours later I was immediately feeling back to myself and ready to get out and start living again. The pain of the bladder infection or urinary tract infection had literally kept me in the house with a heating pad on for three weeks almost a month. Make sure that you do take the full Rx for the infection or it could come back."

lisamarieb October 12, 2015

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Having pain in your bladder ,a lil bit of blood in the urine. Amoxicillin work's really good on it. This is the only med that I trust when it comes to U.T.I ;)"

audrianah May 20, 2015

168 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Works great! Pain goes away in less than 24 hours and I feel myself again! Very recommended medication to treat urinary tract infections!"

uti first timer (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2014

316 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I use amoxicilian for all infections. It works fast with no side effects on me. The only antibiotic I ask for."

bone grisham August 21, 2014

232 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Very effective, made me feel like normal again after weeks of being in pain due to my urinary tract infection. However, after being on amoxicillin for nearly 5 days, I had severe diarrhea and stopped taking it due to the fact I was constantly sitting on the loo! However, this was a highly effective medicine for me, much better than trimethoprim."

yasghahremani (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2014

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Have been on amoxicillin for a long time. Twice when I tried to quit it, exactly on the 10th day of being off it, I ended up with a bad urinary tract infection. So amoxicillin was very effective in holding off urinary tract infections for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2014

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've suffered frequent UTIs and am usually prescribed amoxicillin, which for me works amazingly well. If I catch it early I find the ache in my bladder, small amount of blood in the urine and the urgency to pee goes away enough to be comfortable within 6 hours, and I feel 100% normal again in 24-48 hours. Does the trick each time."

summersoul November 2, 2013

372 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Amoxil (amoxicillin): "This worked wonders!"

Anonymous February 14, 2012

285 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Very quick and effective."

Anonymous September 5, 2011

176 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have always used amoxicillin it for my frequent urinary tract infection's. It works in 4 or 5 days, although I take it for a 10 day run. I take two 250mg caps twice a day. I have never had any problems. Works great, if your aren't allergic to any of the penicillin type drugs."

KISSY46 April 16, 2010

270 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate