User Reviews for Amoxicillin to treat Bronchitis

Also known as: Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi

Amoxicillin has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Bronchitis. 47% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Amoxicillin Rating Summary

5.8/10 average rating

Compare all 93 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Amoxicillin

Factoflife January 17, 2021

“I do suffer through the winter with a dry cough. Which will clear on its own, once the weather comes a little warmer and not as damp outside. Just finished a course of Amoxicillin and it has done nothing to relieve the problem. I used to take Chest eze but since 2015 are no longer available. These were fantastic and would clear the problem within two days. Amoxicillin I have had prescribed twice now on two totally separate occasions and it does not work for me. Only thing positive was I did not experience any side effects.”

Ln2022 · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2020

“I took amoxicillin as a young child multiple times for infections but did not have an issue with it until I was 9 or 10. I was prescribed it for bronchitis but started having pretty severe diarrhea. The doctor told my mom to have her keep taking it anyways. Horrible advice- the last dose I took it felt like a rock dropped in my stomach. I laid on the bathroom floor curled in a ball for hours shaking because the pain in my entire stomach was so bad. My mom said my face turned white and my mouth turned purple. I was super sensitive to sound and light and thought I was going to die. Doctor said it was just a severe reaction and to avoid. Many people can take it with no problem but be cautious if your child is getting sick from it, even if they have taken it before.”

Monkey princess · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

“I’m am currently on this medicine amoxicillin that I was prescribed for bronchitis and I would say I’m starting to get softer poop, but this medicine has helped my throat so much after just one day. I take this medicine 3 times a day (every 8 hours). I have to say I don’t how my number 2 is gonna be but I would say that’s worth it if it makes me better.”

Acute Bronchitis got worse quickly · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2015

“Initially, my Dr. told me that most bronchitis is caused by virus. He send me home and said I need rest and lots of liquids. But the pains and cough got 100 x times within 12 hours. Husband drove me to ER; they gave my Amoxicillin, and I feel so much better already..,.!!”

The Finisher · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2016

“These results I'm reading here are not at all typical. If not for Amoxicillin, I would miss 3 or more days of work due to Bronchitis, but If I start taking it at the first sign of, I miss zero days. If not this, then a Zithromax Z-Pak (azithromycin) works great also.”

Anonymous March 16, 2012

“Not very effective against my case of acute bronchitis. After 10 days, with little improvement, I was switched to Bactrim. Will report on Bactrim's effectiveness after I have been on it for the prescribed time.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2016

“I started taking Amoxicillin on Friday evening for bronchitis and saw major improvements by that Sunday. I noticed that following Wednesday I started having some diarrhea, and now today, I am having major diarrhea that caused me to miss work. I am taking the Amoxicillin twice a day for 10 days. I will complete the regimen but hoping the diarrhea goes away soon.”

Do Not Use This · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2016

“I'm 36 years old and have never had a issue with taking any meds other than Lortabs. Despite all of the reviews here, I was sure that I would be okay. The first night taking it, I noticed a lingering headache. I figured, I can deal with a small headache if this is going to clear me up. Well night two, the diarrhea started. The only reason why this was such a problem was because I was on my menstrual cycle as well. However, the diarrhea was not that bad, so I decided to take it again. Day three, my period stopped. I normally have a 6 day cycle, but it was completely gone. I also had severe stomach pain and diarrhea like water. I was in worse pain taking this med. I do not recommend this drug to anyone!!”

veryverysick · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2015

“Started to have severe vomiting & diarreah after just one pill. Spent the day in bed. Tired another pill the next day, same thing could not eat or drink without throwing up or having to use the bathroom. Stopped taking pills immediately after this. Will try and get better on my own. Lost 5 lbs in 2 days, which I did not need to lose.”

Anonymous November 19, 2009

Amoxil (amoxicillin): “I took a full week of Amoxil for bronchitis, with not much relief. I am now taking another antibiotic.”

RuthE69 February 23, 2017

“I am sorry for those who do have allergic reactions to this antibiotic. I am prone to bronchitis. I am allergic to leviquin and doxycycline but amoxicillin works for me!”

Molly Jones · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2015

“My chest infection started feeling better after 3 days, with no problems! Did get a bit of an upset stomach though.”

SickinSavannah January 15, 2015

“After four days of taking this, Diarrhea was so bad I had to stop taking it.”

Anonymous January 5, 2011

“Towards the end of the medication I was fine.”

Sapphireblue November 27, 2012

“Severe bronchitis slowly subsiding after 30 hours. Side effect some bloating, stomach ache, after 4 doses amoxicillin. ”

Learn more about Bronchitis