User Reviews for Amoxicillin (Page 2)

Also known as: Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi

Sinusitis 5.1
Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 6.4 278 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin

CrownedOne April 23, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I have been having pain in my back molar off and on for about a week and a half. Right above my crown in my back left top molar. Mostly in the gums. Because of the 2020 pandemic lockdown I was trying to wait it out. While talking to my hygienist friend, she became very concerned and advised me that I could have an abscessed tooth which is a pocket of pus that can form in different parts of a tooth as a result of a bacterial infection. That it sounded like it was in the root of the tooth and the pus was pushing out forming a bump in the gums. The dentist confirmed this. After only one day of the bump showing on my gums and one day usage of the prescription amoxicillin the bump already reduced to non-visible. And the pain has also reduced. I was also warned that if the pain returned, which it may. That we may have to remove the small molar. I am hopeful that this will work as I am already seeing great results and already focusing on rebuilding my immune system following this dose of antibiotics.”

Warrior April 16, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “We are in the middle of covid 19 quarantine. All dentists are closed and I ended up having my root canalled 1st molar infected. I developed a periapicial abcess just a few mm above my tooth on the gum. It started collecting puss on it. Dentist put me on amoxicillin antibiotics for 5 days, but I still felt tingling/throbbing in tooth so she said to eat one more 5 day dose which is two pills a day. I used the ones that dissolve in the water. Now I am here 2 days after I finished my Antibiotics. Dentist said to keep in touch 3-4 days later if my face would swell up. I hope not, but I feel weird feeling from my tooth and to my ear. Hopefully the infection has cleared. The abcess hasn't filled for at least 24 hrs, so keeping my fingers crossed, but I am really worried =(”

Huckabee · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “Dentist prescribed amoxicillin on the same day of tooth extractions. On my 5th day of 500 mg x four times a day = 2000 mg in a 24 hr period. I have no idea if it's working or not but after reading the reviews of no results I recommend that if you have not seen any positive results OR you experience negative results that you should question the quality control of the manufacturer, because if the manufacturer cuts corners in the production line then you are more likely to experience negative results from the result of poor quality than you are from the drug. Amoxicillin works IF it's manufactured properly. Stay away from the generic form manufactured by Aurobindo pharm. It will be marked with A45 pink & blue capsule.”

:) · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “So, I have had a tooth infection multiple times, but this time it’s worse to the point where I can’t eat or sleep, or if I mange to fall asleep I wake up in tears because of the pain, I have been taking Co-Codamol, nurofen and paracetamol and also been using ice to try and numb my mouth, I had to ring up the dentist (due to covid-19 I could not get an appointment) and explained my symptoms, which is swollen red gums, throbbing pain in the mouth and jaw and tender when touching, I was prescribed Amoxicillin 500mg x3 a day, I have been taken them for 3 days now and the pain is still there, still swollen, the pain killers no longer work, I haven’t eaten in three days, and everything hurts, the ice doesn’t make an impact, and I am just in severe pain day and night, i just think it’s a waste of time”

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “I have a tooth infection and swelling on my face spreading to my neck now on my second dose of ammoxillin 500 mg it's not working can't see dentist with covid-19..what do I do now?..I am scared if the infection goes into my blood stream as that's very very dangerous!”

kay · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I took amoxicillin on an empty stomach one night. Couldn’t sleep. Getting up every 10-15 minutes to throw up. Very nauseous. Threw up everything in my stomach. Hardest night of my life.”

Jet159 · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2020

For Otitis Media: “Honestly, amoxycillin worked well, for my ear infection and I didn't have any side effects during the entire week I took them. However, after a few days I had some gastrointestinal issues, including acid reflux and diarrhea- just a little bit of a bother, nothing too severe. If you're worried about this medication, don't be. It is 100x more mild than the doxycycline I took in the past.”

Evelyn · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I have a gland infection. The amoxicillin medicine started to work but wasn't strong enough or long enough to get the job done. It ran out & my doc won't give me anything else because I had a drug, even though it didn't work. I had to suffer for weeks because she swore it would go away. It got worse. I can only eat liquids. Had to have a CT scan. Waiting on results. Pretty sure she still won't see anything. I need an ENT now!”

FD · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2020

For Otitis Media: “i started this medication amoxicillin a week ago today and I can’t tell wether it’s working or not, or is the infection just running it’s course. I still have fullness and some ear pain behind the hair, the inside of my ear still itches from time to time, I really think the home remedies are working better than the meds, I’ll finish it all and hopefully I start to feel better in the next few days.”

Shorty · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “Got put on amoxicillin liquid suspension for 5 days to clear up a dental abscess whole right side of face is swollen after 5 days the swelling is the same no results at all. Lost 3 days money so far cause I'm missing work due to the pain have booked another dentist appointment for the morning to hopefully get put on some stronger antibiotics or get something done to this horrible abscess never felt so run down in my life. I have a toddler and I would gladly choose the pain over having more children then having this dental pain .”

Aduni March 13, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “They worked for me.”

Chipotle March 13, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I woke up to my jaw swollen. I went to the dentist and they revealed I had an impacted wisdom tooth and it was abcessed as well. . I'm 31 turning 32 while this is happening so this is all very strange . Anyways the dentist prescribed me amoxicillin and after taking it for a day I could really tell the difference. I continued the prescription all the way and the pain and swelling was probably 80% gone . This was over a ten day span while my surgery to get the tooth extraction was supposed to get approved by my insurance . A week passed and my symptoms came back heavy and in full effect and I still hadn't heard anything from insurance or dentist so I went back in. The dentist prescribed me amoxicillin again, this is the first night I've been on it again and the swelling doesn't seem to be going down like last time but I'm going to try and be patient. My fingers are crossed that they will get this tooth out of my face soon .”

ks · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I was given amoxicillin for my UTI and it did not work at all after 7 days, 500mg 3 times a day”

Bunk Chompers · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “Very painful mouth abscess infection, doc says I need tooth extracted. Was put on 500mg amoxicillin and within 12 hours the pain has already subsided greatly, down to basically non-existent. Tooth will get pulled in 2 days, and I'll continue and finish the 7 day treatment of amoxicillin. No side effects whatsoever.”

Dizzy · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “Woke up to entire left side swollen the size of a basketball. Went to the ER and they gave me two shots of a strong antibiotic. The dr prescribed 500 mugs Amoxicillin and Metronidazole three times a day. I’ve been on both for four days and although a lot of the swelling has gone down it hasn’t at the site of the tooth that is causing the abscess. It’s still just as bad and the only thing that has worked for the pain is ice packs applied constant to the site of swelling. Thank goodness for ice packs. They are the only reason I’ve been able to sleep. Hopefully the antibiotics will work better over the next few days or it’s back to the ER as it will be four more days before the dentist office opens.”

bkbroiler53 · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Taking my last dose in about 2 hours from now. ( 7 days of 500mg. 3 times daily ). Ear drainage was more conspicuous during sleep hours and was much more conspicuous this last night. To me, it would seem that the medicine didn't work as intended. Have had no pain during this episode, and infection was confirmed by Doctor through sampling and testing of the tan colored drainage. Am going back to the Doctor today for further analysis.”

Frank D. · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “It did a great job in getting rid of the the Infection in my mouth. The V.A. Doctors gave me 875 mg of Amoxicillin and it started working in about 2 Days. The swelling and pain have completely gone.”

Monkey princess · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

For Bronchitis: “I’m am currently on this medicine amoxicillin that I was prescribed for bronchitis and I would say I’m starting to get softer poop, but this medicine has helped my throat so much after just one day. I take this medicine 3 times a day (every 8 hours). I have to say I don’t how my number 2 is gonna be but I would say that’s worth it if it makes me better.”

Heidi · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “Have an infection in the gum/bone and had 2 root canals done. Worst PAIN EVER! I had 3 kids and would gladly have another to trade that pain. Can't eat, can't sleep. Just pain!!! Dentist prescribed Amoxicillin 500mg 3x a day. Didn't have side effects until dentist switched me to Clindamycin 150mg x 2, 4 times a day. OMG!!! That antibiotic is HORRIBLE!!! Along with having terrible reviews, it tore up my stomach. After being in the bathroom several times, my stomach literally hurt for 10 hours straight. I called my dentist and he put me back on the Amoxicillin. Thank God!!! Just not as strong and will take longer to heal I’m guessing but I definitely don't want that stomach pain either.”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2020

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: “I was prescribed amoxicillin 1000 mg tablets to be taken twice daily after meals for acute pharyngitis in my throat. The infection started out on my tonsils and I was initially prescribed a betadine spray. Used the spray every four hours for two weeks with no real effect. Went back to the ENT and was told the infection had moved further down my throat. I’m on my fifth day of a ten day dose of amoxicillin and it’s feeling better finally. I should also mention that I had 35 radiation doses and two chemo infusions a few months ago for base of tongue cancer. The cancer is in remission but my throat is still damaged but slowly healing from the radiation. The ENT doc mentioned that I was more susceptible to infections due to the radiation treatment. I get my throat scoped by an ENT doc every 30 days to monitor healing and make sure the cancer isn’t returning.”

Chica95 · Taken for 10 years or more January 10, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I have had frequent UTIs since I was a kid and I still get them every couple of months. Amoxicillin has always worked for me. My doctor tried to change it up this time around and give me Bactrim. It was awful. It did nothing for my UTI, and just made me feel super dizzy and tired all day. So I went back and she gave me Macrobid. I told her that amoxicillin has always worked for me but she insisted I try the Macrobid. Still in constant pain, the frequency, all of it is still there. Amoxicillin is THE ONLY one that works for me. I am going back tomorrow and insisting on the amoxicillin. I KNOW MY BODY.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2019

For Dental Abscess: “I reacted differently to amoxicillin CAPSULE vs the amoxicillin TABLET. 500mg for each but they both had completely different effects. In short CAPSULES did nothing for weeks, TABLET was immediate relief for extreme tooth pain. I don’t know why and can’t find any info that explains why. However last year same pain, Same reason, tablets allowed me to sleep for the first time after 4days straight of being up drinking cold water. This year I had been prescribed 500mg capsules by my dermatologist and 500mg tablets by my dentist. I lost bottle of tablets. Pain started creeping in while taking the capsules. Worst day being today while at work. I found the bottle of tablets in my breast pocket took one Tablet and had immediate relief that lasted 30minutes. I would take another but I’d already taken enough of the capsules today and didn’t want to do too much in one day n build some type of resistance/tolerance because all I want is relief”

SAD December 24, 2019

For Dental Abscess: “My tooth broke, there was an infection and I was in HORRIBLE pain, I took 2 Ibuprofen 800mg & 1000mg of Tylenol (not good for me I know) but I couldn’t handle the pain and it barely helped. I started the first dose of this antibiotic (850 mg twice a day) and the pain already subsided hours after taking it. I’ve used this medication before for tooth infections and it works WONDERS. I crush the antibiotic into yogurt and eat it that way and it doesn’t upset my stomach at all. I wanted to write this review for all my hypochondriacs (like me) I’m literally scared of every medicine I only take it if I absolutely must. But this antibiotic is totally worth it!”

Baba · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2019

For Dental Abscess: “On Fri 06/12/2019 I went to see my dentist and need a root canal fixed, I was in a lot of pain. She prescribed me Amoxicillin along with a pain relief pills. I was told to take 2 of each the first time (which I did and had a big sleep) at that time I THOUGHT IT HAD WORKED REALLY FAST......But the pain came back, if anything just as bad. It is now Sunday morning and I still can't sleep properly due to the pain. I still have to wait until Monday 5pm to have my root canal fixed. So for me so far I think the drug is rubbish! I would not recommend it at all. I am trying to remain hopefully as I have seen others say "it works, but it works slow" I'm praying that's the case. Otherwise I will be ringing my dentist up first think Monday morning and complaining and getting something that actually works!”

Rudy · Taken for 10 years or more December 6, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I am paraplegic since an accident in 2002, and you know, para- and quadriplecics are collectors of bacteria in the bladder. As long as the human immune system is able to hold a balance, these bacteria are quiet, but after one is changing the daily routine, get fever, don't drink enough or what else, they begin immediately to reproduce them and a new UTI is born again.... Well, you should never take an antibiotic without to do a urine culture first at a lab, to choose the right medicine afterwards and to be sure it will work, otherwise the chance is real you chose the wrong one one and it doesn't help you. That doesn't mean this antibiotic is of a poor quality, but it will not help just because the bacteria that caused the UTI is resistant against this kind of antibiotic. In that case you threatened your health for nothing, because all this kind of medicine is damaging your liver, and a damaged liver may be the death penalty!”