User Reviews for Doxycycline to treat Ocular Rosacea

Also known as: Vibramycin, Oracea, Monodox, Adoxa, Doryx, Acticlate, Doxy-Caps, Targadox, Okebo, Doxy 100, Doryx MPC, Doxy-D, Oraxyl, Alodox, Morgidox, Adoxa Pak, Avidoxy, Adoxa TT, Adoxa CK, LymePak Uracil Mondoxyne NL Doxy 200 …show all brand names

Reviews for Doxycycline

MP · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2020

“This drug works very well for ocular rosacea. That being said, it also gave me esophagitis and severe stomach pain. I could not tolerate it more than 9 days. My GI doc told me anyone with stomach issues should not be taking this as the damage outweighs the benefits. I followed the instructions to a T, even stood for an hour after taking it to make sure it went down. In the end it didn’t matter.”

Red eyes · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2019

“My eye doc put me in 20mg 2x a day. At first, I felt fine. No nausea or headache. Three or four days later, headache and uncomfortable pressure in head. I drove to work and actually felt drunk and out of body. At night, fatigue and very tired. Depression set in and I was irritable and had thoughts of major life changes (such as quit job!). This is very unusual. I called doc and they told me to quit taking, to which I fully agreed. I obviously cannot tolerate even this low of a dose.”

NoName1233 January 29, 2016

“Limited benefit for me. I have been on doxy for 6 months now to help with my severe eye rash. I only feel better for 5 hours and then I have to take another pill. Absolutely no long term benefit or even complete benefit throughout day. I shouldn't be using doxycycline for this long, so I'm switching to Chinese medicine. All I can say is that it's useful for a quick fix, but really bad for long term.”

pbro · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 8, 2015

Oracea (doxycycline): “I have mild rosacea but experienced ocular rosacea/blepharitis for the first time a year ago. The ophthalmologist told me that it was chronic and prescribed all sorts of things that didn't work. Months later I saw a new dermatologist. She prescribed oracea, which put me out of my misery. The skin on and under my eyes had become dry and sore from doing hot compresses four times a day. It is a pity that the pharmaceutical company price it so high that most cannot get relief, seems awfully greedy to me!”

Learn more about Ocular Rosacea