User Reviews for Doxycycline to treat Malaria

Also known as: Vibramycin, Oracea, Adoxa, Monodox, Doryx, Acticlate, Doxy-Caps, Okebo, Doxy 100, Doxy-D, Oraxyl, Alodox, Morgidox, Adoxa Pak, Avidoxy, Adoxa TT, Adoxa CK, Targadox, LymePak, Uracil, Mondoxyne NL, Doxy 200 Doryx MPC …show all brand names

Reviews for Doxycycline

Ching Chou · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2019

“Only side effect is a great tan.”

Cerian · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2015

“I've been taking doxycycline for a month due to a trip to Africa, I will be taking it for a further month now that I am home. I get awful heartburn and nausea and would not choose to take it again. My parter takes an alternative, more expensive treatment with no side effect what so ever, I will be choosing that medication in future!”

janderson5789 July 30, 2013

Doxy 100 (doxycycline): “I liked using the medicine as a prophylactic. I used it for a very long period of time. Four years or more with very few lapses at all. I just had to remember to take a daily pill and that was it. I took it for three trips in two years in a foreign country and three months before and after the trips. I took a six month, 11 month, and 9 month trip with only a six month and four month separation. I also took it during the lapses between trips since you should take it 90 days before the trip. I had no side effects during that period except that I did not get a cold very often. By the way, it was all at a high altitude since this was in Afghanistan.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 10, 2012

“I have been taking it for approximately four months with no major side effects.”

Anonymous November 17, 2008

“I am taking it daily as a preventive for Malaria and just started. Definitely needs to be taken with food or you will become violently ill, including vomiting. Within 30 minutes of taking it have nausea and stuffy nose occurs. The nausea symptoms last for an hour the stuffy nose a little longer and disappears after 3 hours. I expect to be out of the country for the next 4-5 years and I am not looking forward to taking this on a daily basis.”

Learn more about Malaria

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)