User Reviews for Levofloxacin to treat Prostatitis

Also known as: Levaquin

Levofloxacin has an average rating of 4.5 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Prostatitis. 32% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 53% reported a negative effect.

Levofloxacin Rating Summary

4.5/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Prostatitis.

Reviews for Levofloxacin

mikeymcdouchebag June 27, 2010

Levaquin (levofloxacin): “My doctor prescribed Levaquin for my prostatis. He gave me a four week course and it has completely done the trick. It's been 6 months and still no sign of any prostatis. I had absolutely no side effects. If your lips are swelling you are probably allergic to the medicine and should stop immediately.”

Ghass · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2019

“I am 21 years old and I have prostatitis since 5 months ago. I took Levofloxacin continuously for 2 months it removed 70% of the pain and the symptoms but the symptoms still present, I stopped talking the medicine because I have taken it for a long period but it didn't give me any problems and I didn't notice any side effects from the medicine, now I don't know what to do, I am not taking any antibiotic and I suffers from the pain and the symptoms from time to time but in such way that I can handle it and I am hoping that it will go away by it self.”

Land St. C April 11, 2015

Levaquin (levofloxacin): “I have just started Levofloxacin for prostatitis that I've been battling for 4 months. I've tried Doxy and Cipro with no luck. I'm day two into Levofloxacin and I'm experiencing pretty back anxiety. Has anybody else experienced anxiety on this medication? Should I stop taking it or try and push through it?? Thank you”

kevin_64 October 26, 2007

Levaquin (levofloxacin): “I took this a few years ago for prostatitis and after 1 pill I got hives on my lip. I took it again the second day and got more hives on my lip so I discontinued it. I forgot about it and for some reason saved the prescription. Anyway, I got prostatitis again and forgot about the hives, so I just took one this morning and within an hour I had a big hive on my lip. It has been a little over 2 hours now and it is begining to go away. I am not allergic to any other medication I have ever taken.”

Pro · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

“I've been on levaquin 500mg for three days. I've had no noticeable side effects. My pain is about 90% gone. I had been waking up in pain to use the bathroom every couple hours. I slept 6 hours without waking up. I feel like a new man. I'm so happy that my doctor prescribed this for me.”

bob_f52 May 28, 2008

Levaquin (levofloxacin): “I just finished 20 days of Levaquin. It certainly has helped and I'm hopeful the prostatitis is over. The reason I visited this site was to see if Levaquin was the reason for two episodes of swollen lips. The first was a big swollen lower lip at church a week ago and tonight, a swollen upper lip. The only other person to comment on this medicine on this website also had this problem. Aside from looking grotesque in a very primitive way, it doesn't seem a big problem.”

James · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2018

“DO NOT TRY THIS MEDICATION. I took 2x 500 mg pills and since then suffered acute muscle tendon and nervous system damage. Google “floxed” and you’ll see people have suffered for years with these symptoms. It only needs one pill. Do not try this under any circumstances.”

Anonymous October 29, 2009

Levaquin (levofloxacin): “I was given a month supply and after 2 days the side effects are to great I just can't take it anymore. I wake up in the middle of night to use restroom and will be so dizzy I feel like I will be about to faint. I'll sit down to use restroom and my arms and hands start to tingle. My calves are also VERY sore. I'm not allergic to any other medication that I know of either. Doctor is calling in a different medicine tomorrow.”

Njanie · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2018

Levaquin (levofloxacin): “I took this Rx as prescribed by my doctor. 500 mg 1/daily. On the 4th day I developed severe tendinitis to the point that I couldn’t walk. I immediately notified my doctor and discontinued the Rx. Dr. then put me on Augmentin for my supposedly bacterial infection. Ugh! Side effects should be looked at closer.”

lga May 14, 2009

Levaquin (levofloxacin): “I am 21 years old and my doctor put me on Levaquin for 10 days, so far everything is good all my prostatitis symptoms have gone away, the only problem so far is some of the side effects of the Levaquin. I noticed that it makes my skin or tendons very tender. The first day I used it I was cooking eggs in my kitchen, I had to stop for a second because I felt some pain in my hand. I looked at my hand it was red right where it was gripping the frying pan handle. As of right now I've been having a very difficult time falling asleep. ”

Jake October 23, 2020

“Hi guys, I have taken this medicine levofloxacin 500mg for prostatitis, I got an immediate side effect of my both hands become numbness and tingling pain and burning in my knee, I will not recommend this medicine to anyone. I suffered a lot, for prostatitis I think the safest medicine is ciprofloxacin and try some homeopathy medicines, I am trying to find good homeopathy medicines”

Topher · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2021

“Severe anxiety!! Been taking this levofloxacin for prostatitis at 500 mg for about 2 weeks. I switched to this from doxycycline 100 mg. It keeps symptoms to a minimum however not without a cost. At first everything was going well, then the anxiety came as well as the nausea from the gastritis (which I have never had ever). So basically I traded prostatitis for anxiety, gastritis and nausea. So read the label before taking!”

jbw · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2020

Levaquin (levofloxacin): “I also had Prostatitis. Changed to Levaquin after the Cipro wouldn't cure it. I also experienced severe tendonitis which my doctor never mentioned. I usually read the adverse affects labels before taking but I had non on the levaquin. About a week in on the medication I had to stop taking and moved on to another antibiotic. I continued to have side effects after discontinuance and still suffer from the tendonitis today. Having said that I had not been experiencing any problems with my tendons prior to taking this other then occasionally from over exertion. Now it is something I live with on a daily basis. Age 63 when taking in 2018. Now 12/18/2020.”

Goodguy72 January 19, 2018

“Levofloxacin is about the only antibiotic that works for my chronic Prostatitis.. 500mg once a day usually works for my condition. Problem is people develop resistance if they don't complete the 28 days of therapy.. Cipro does not work for me anymore and Doxy can cause some really serious photo toxic reactions.. Sunburn big time. Not many options left for me for treatment so Levo is it for me..”

CNA daughter · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2016

Levaquin (levofloxacin): “I think it should be considered medical malpractice for a physician to prescribe this drug to an elderly man with heart problems, especially known congestive heart failure. My father didn't know he should report muscle weakness he experienced while taking this drug, and there was no followup by the physician. Since the heart is a muscle, I think this drug propelled my father into endstage heart failure, which he now has.”

Will65 · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2017

“I prescribe 750 mg of Levofloxacin for acute prostatitis. I took the medicine for 2 and half days. My tendons in my knees, ankles, heel and bottom of my feet started to aching. I began to have bad neck pain and headaches. I was falling asleep at work at the same time every day. My tongue had sore red bumps on them and turned white. It have been 11 days since I stop taking them and still having the same pain. I am currently taking magnesium to help with the pain. I see some help from magnesium. Do not take this medicine.”

tommyboy · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

“Levofloxacin cured my prostatitis after 10 days as prescribed by an urologist. Had some constipation during the time I was taking it, but no other noticeable side effects.”

Anonymous June 7, 2009

Levaquin (levofloxacin): “Took Levaquin for prostatitis. Didn't work and my Achilles tendons are very sore.”

Brownnn June 3, 2016

“This drug is pure garbage. The good news: side effects are temporary and will fade away. Even if they continiue for a couple of weeks.”

Vishal gurgaon · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2016

“It caused extreme fatigue.As you are going to pass out. Depression tendencies 5 day of my course.Totally screwed.”

Learn more about Prostatitis