User Reviews for Zithromax

Learn more about Zithromax.

Zithromax Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Zithromax to treat Sinusitis

"Was told by a doctor who specialized in respiratory infections, because his main patients were miners, that I would suffer with chronic sinus infections the rest of my life and that a z-pak would work but to really wipe it out, I should use ceftin. So if z-pak does not work for anyone try the ceftin. I get z-pak normally because I can tolerate the azithromycin. A little stomach upset on the day after all meds are taken (6th day), but other than that, good results...usually takes 48 hours for me to feel better since I am older and have a weakened immune system, but on that third day, much much better."

Lucille 60 (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

"After trying other antibiotics. This was the only one that worked. The Doctor tried to tell me it would not work for Sinusitis. It is the only antibiotic that takes it away for me."

Pashon December 26, 2015

"It's a life saver for me. Chronic sinus problem that occurs twice a year. Slight stomach issues after initial dose. Knocks out brain fog. Had the best night sleep in months. Always take with food, and you will have no issues. Made me feel 90% better 24 hours after initial dosage. Use with Flonase to open passages to help get it all. Only thing that works for my sinus problems."

Pauly D. December 7, 2015

"This medication did help my issue but it has now caused me to bruise so easy. I can barely scratch my leg and a few minutes later, my leg looks like I had been hit. They are not the painful but they or tender."

Sassy1510 (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

"The day one two pills does tend to wipe out the bacteria in my gut. After having stomach issues on the first night of the first time, I do take a probiotic and one immodium at night. First time I took this it wiped the infection in 48 hours. Second time 11 months later it did not work quite so well. Infection greatly decreased but did come back 5 days later. I think part of the problem was that I still had a virus and mold allergy problems from rain as well as an infection so had trouble eliminating congestion. I took a 5 day dosage and did have symptoms reoccur in a week. I do think it would have worked better if I had not had these additional issues related to a virus and allergies."

EricfromNC (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

"I have had chronic sinusitis for the better part of 10 years now off and on. It really gets bad as spring changes over to summer as well as summer over to fall. I have taken several different antibiotics over the years and the sinusitis keeps coming back stronger the next year. So I just started the 7 day ZPak yesterday for the first time and just took the second days dosage. Much like most of the other reviews on this site, I am experiencing some minor diarrhea as well as flatulence. Which, in my opinion, can be a deadly combination for a new pair of white boxer briefs! I have not noticed any other side effect as of yet but again I am only on the second day. I will tell you that I am feeling much livelier right now and gained motivation"

Chronic Sinusitis (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2014

"Took away my ear infection but gave me. Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, heart palpitations, anxiety, shortness of breath, diarrhea, dizziness, etc... So not worth it. I was less sick before starting this medicine."

Steph3 August 6, 2014

"Many many sinus infections over the years. This knocks it out in 3 days compared to 10."

jenbro February 6, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am one of the few that have not had a good experience. High anxiety because my heart won't slow down, bad headache, little nausea, and loose stool. I'm going tomorrow to get different antibiotics."

andreamarie2012 March 5, 2013

"After suffering from a cold for 8 days, I woke up with extreme pressure in my sinuses and couldn't hear due to my ears being clogged. I was prescribed the 3 day Zithromax and after one day felt sooo much better. The pressure went away and I had a slightly runny nose. One the second day I could breathe without using decongestants. I haven't had any side effects, but maybe a slight pang in my stomache when taking (I usually eat something right after taking). I'm usually resistant to going to the dr. but very glad I did this time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2012

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have had this sinus infection for 5 days. Went to the doctors yesterday the doctor prescribed me Zithromax. The side effects with me are stomach cramps, diarrhea, bloody nose and dizziness. But it seems to be working so far. Lets hope that by time the bottle is finished I feel like myself again."

Anonymous September 9, 2011

"Z-Pak was given to me during a walk-in-care visit. 7 days after starting, my condition has not improved. I experienced several side effects, including nausea, diarrhea, fever, sweating, and more. The worst of all is the loss of appetite caused by the medication. I have only had about 2 days worth of meals in the last five and still cannot stomach a full meal."

Anonymous August 12, 2011

"I've used Zithromax 6-Paks for years to treat chronic sinus infections. They always work and have virtually no side effects for me. I have noticed that I need to take the treatment twice for a persistent sinus infection. Usually, one treatment does it. Azithromycin is the ONLY antibiotic that does NOT give me terrible side effects such as stomach aches, cramps, headaches, dizziness, "brain fog"."

Spidero April 7, 2010

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I used this for every infection, now the sad part is I am resistant. I used the whole 5 day dose, felt a lot better, then the infection came back a week later."

....... January 10, 2010

"I personally believe The Z-Pak should be the #1 Drug Prescribed on the Market if you need to maintain your Health FAST & be yourself again. I seem to be prone to Strep Throat, Severe Sinustitis & Resp. Infections in the Fall & Winter. A couple of years ago I was 'Due to have Surgery in 6 Days' and was told "if I was sick I would have to Postpone it". Well after waiting a month for this Surgery, planning a Home & Dog Sitter & Time off from work 'working it in with everyone else's Schedules, to me it was Imperative I be well enough 4 all to go as planned'. "5 day Z-Pac was prescribed". It is a no nonsense drug and I can not think of a single side effect. I was well enough for surgery to go on as planned. "

Anonymous November 19, 2009

"I get sinusitis several times a year. The old-fashioned 5-day Z-packs used to work really well for me. They still do "knock down" the worst of it (I carry a filled prescription from my doctor when I'm traveling on business) ... but in the past several years I've noticed that sometimes the sinusitis will rebound in a couple of weeks and I end up having to take a different type of antibiotic. Unfortunately, those secondary antibiotics tend to get to me -- queasy stomach, the "taste" of the medicine even hours later. None of that with Zithromax. The only time I had a bad experience with Zithromax side effects was the three-day pack."

sinusitis sufferer November 5, 2009

"I am taking it for my sinus infection. I am feeling better as far as my sinuses go. But I have had diarrhea 5 times today."

Anonymous October 12, 2009

"I was prescribed Zithromax for an upper respiratory infection and I did not have such a good experience. The first day I had really bad diarrhea. I couldn't even leave the house. The 2nd day I was overwhelmed with nausea. I took the pill with food and still felt sick to my stomach the entire day and night. Today I have decided the terrible side effects are not worth it, and I'm not going to take the rest of my prescription."

Anonymous August 27, 2009

"This medicine is very good for my sinus, I feel very well now."

thank you!! July 18, 2009

"I have used a Z-Pak several times. I love that it helps clear up whatever bacteria is causing my illness. I don't love each consecutive time that I take it, the side effects are more pronounced."

Anonymous May 20, 2009

"I started the pack on Sunday and experienced diarrhea and mild itchiness. I'm on my last day and I'm feeling really good. This medicine seemed to work very well. I was hesitant at first, but it seems to clear things up very well."

Anonymous April 30, 2009

"After years of suffering a one nostril clog. I was recently prescribed a 5 day 250MG dosage of Zithromax. I had zero side effects and it although it didn't totally clear my sinus infection it cleared it enough for me to know it was absolutely effective and on the right path. I can now get lengthy periods of use out of my other nostril and that's better than I've had in 10 years."

Clemet January 19, 2009

"The only antibiotic that ALWAYS works on my recurring sinus infections. Easy on the stomach also."

rags66 November 13, 2008

"After I take the first dose (2 pills) within 8 to 10 hours I feel 50% better. It usually does not take more then 4 days to be well. This is a great medication for sinusitis."

Anonymous September 18, 2008