User Reviews for Zithromax to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Zithromax has an average rating of 9.3 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. 91% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Zithromax Rating Summary

9.3/10 average rating

Compare all 597 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Zithromax

Anonymous September 8, 2011

“I have been using Zithromax for the past 6 years to fight off my upper respiratory tract infections. I have tried almost everything else in the military medical inventory to win against the URI's I get yearly (every Sept/Oct Time frame) but Zithromax wins hands down every time. Does not matter during which stage of the URI you begin to take the medicine. The first or second night you will start to fight the infection hardcore and you might notice a fever develop as your body fights against the bacteria. After that its smooth sailing so you feel better by the 3rd day and completely cured by the 5th day. It is definitely a wonder drug and worth the extra money.”

Funkmeister · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2019

“Waited 10 days to go to the doctor thinking I had bronchitis! I wish I would’ve went to the doctor sooner because I was miserable coughing my head off with phlegm, terrible headaches, fatigue, congestion, and sweats. I ended up having and upper respiratory infection and was given a z pack. After day one I felt soooo much better and was ready to go back to work. I am on day 4 and still coughing up infection, hoping that’s ends soon! Also everyday after I take the pill I get some pretty bad abdominal pain and have to run to the bathroom but only lasting about an hour. I would say the stomach ache is definitely worth it!”

sparkymarky · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2015

“Upper respiratory infection Zithromax 250mg My doctor gave me a z pak 2 tabs on day 1 followed by 1 tablet the next 4 days. Total tablets 6. Zithromax is the generic drug for Azithromycin. First time prescribed. **Note I have asthma** and was feeling more fatigued and light headed. Drugs.com interaction* checker* pointed out that since I used 2 inhalers. A. Pro-Air and 2. Advair that my potasium level would be affected. A moderate interaction warning. I started drinking gatorade and began to feel better. My mom is diabetic, and gatorade makes flavored 12oz bottles that has potassium and will not affect your blood sugar.”

Wolfman627 May 2, 2010

“This medicine is the best. I have been using this medicine about once every year for upper respiratory tract infections. It really starts to work by day 2 and continues to work after about a week. As with any medicine the side effects with me is going to the restroom more than usual. ”

Cwolfe2 April 7, 2011

“Zithromax was given to my daughter for upper respiratory symptoms 3 days before her flight to Fla to visit grandparents. Within the day noticed a great difference. No side effects and she has a heart condition. My lovely daughter passed her buggies on to me been fighting it for a week. Went to doctor today, gave me the same thing.... Fingers crossed.”

AIlana January 15, 2014

“Excellent medicine....don't hesitate.”

Anonymous November 21, 2012

“One day and I already feel better after being laid up for 5 days regret not calling my doctor sooner!”