User Reviews for Meclizine

Also known as: Antivert, Antrizine, Bonine, D-Vert, Dramamine All Day Less Drowsy, Dramamine II, Dramamine Less Drowsy, Driminate II, Help I'm Nauseous, Meclicot, Medivert, Meni-D, Motion-Time, Ru-Vert-M, Sea-Calm, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Meclizine.

Meclizine Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Vertigo.

Reviews for Meclizine to treat Vertigo

"Had a bad neck adjustment and was taken to hospital to make sure it wasn't from a stroke that I got very dizzy. They said it was not and gave me this for the vertigo. I took half (12.5mg) the next morning when intense spinning started and it seemed to help and then 4 hours later spinning again :( so I took a whole 25 mg pill and though it did make the spinning stop I've been out of it ever since. I feel tired, off balance just "off" and strange in general and haven't gotten out of bed all weekend. I'm going to try a more natural remedy and exercises next."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Woke up to a severe bout of VERTIGO. Had Meclizine on hand from post surgical dizziness. Took one 25mg Meclizine, my regular vit. supplements, anxiety meds of one 1mg Klonopin. Took about an hour but symptoms of vertigo are gone. Will see how it goes as the meds wear off and report back on results. I am sorry for any of you that are going through this malady."

WandaDe (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took one tablet before bed and when I woke up he next morning my eyes were red, my mouth and throatwere numb and I couldn't swallow anything. Now a few hours later my chest is hurting, all of which are labeled as serious side effects of this medication. I will be take Benadryl or something similar to help the fluid in my ears drain. Do not recommend this medication at all"

Kiki045733521132363 July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had vertigo before my surgery it has came back with a vengeance after my surgery doc prescribed me the meclizine and boy it work wonders."

Feeling much better July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had dizzy spells (vertigo) since 2006. I get them about every other month for a day and it is literally debilitating. I would rather have almost any pain than being dizzy. Yesterday around 5pm after work I started feeling weird ... I didn't take until it was bad around 6:30pm. Don't wait if you can help it. Trick is take it before gets worse. It worked around by about 7:30-8.00 pm I slept the entire night in a sitting up position. This morning I was ok. No effects just tired last night. The Dr told me to also move my head 3 times in a counter clockwise position each hour. You feel a little sick but better after."

Miss Dizzy May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was having severe dizzy spells which I thought were due to another medication or condition. My PCP did a thorough exam for motion sickness and it sure did make me dizzy and queasy. He prescribed Meclizine and the problems subsided after about 48 hours. I'll be flying to the west coast tomorrow so will see if I feel lightheaded on the flight."

qmradio (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had 2 cases of vertigo and both times ended up in the ER. I was given Meclizine and it takes about an hour to work, meanwhile, I am unable to stand up and vomiting at the same time. I had one case of vertigo at work at 2 am and had to be dropped off at ER. Meclizine does work, but it's too slow to take effect. I can't lose many more nights at work or I'll be fired. I need something that works faster."

irishcelticeyes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have acute vertigo and meclizine does help MOST of the time after about 2 hrs."

englewood girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been reading these reviews using Meclizine for dizziness. I have been on it for about a year {25mg} but don't seem any results. The one thing that I is missing is my problem . I have no problem walking, looking up or down or any of that. My problem is I can only lay on my left side, my back for a short time. but the right side is out, I become so dizzy I feel sick to my stomach even attempting to make me sick. As I said in the beginning the meclizine doesn't make a difference."

lefty only (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel very tired sleepy and my heart seems to be skipping a beat"

Swokin February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed this back in October due to several days of dizziness. Doesn't help at all. After about 6 hours, the dizziness goes away but comes back the next day."

kkmaehrer (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Antivert (meclizine): "This does nothing to me from what I can see. I take 25mg once daily for vertigo"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered from several types of vertigo. I was advised by my doctor to use exercises by lying down and turning my head in different positions for a period of weeks. I tried this and they made me sicker immediately and didn't improve long term. I have been using meclizine for forty some years it is the only thing that allow me to function when the vertigo is on a rampage."

Lawjwcc November 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this at the suggestion I read that 90 % of phobias start w the inner ear (google it) and I had been having ear issues. I was diagnosed with mineres diseases but also have agorophobia and anxiety too which often accompany ear issues. This doesn't cure anything but after being dizzy 24/7 for 2 straight weeks I went back on it. I went off it because it gave me headaches. But I am very anti med but taking this really helps me to about 70percent less dizzy"

Dizzy From Tennessee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bonine (meclizine): "This is great stuff. I've had vertigo for 48 years and this works better than the prescription medicine."

Bonobo November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"One day out of the blue I started having vertigo and balance problems. I was prescribed meclizine for immediate symptoms and a diuretic. The meclizine works if at the very first, and I do mean the very symptoms of vertiginous episode I take a 25 mg tablet. It seems to short circuit the episode but doesn't entirely get rid of it. It short circuits enough I can go about daily activities. I was glad to learn doctors don't really know what causes it, exactly how to treat it, and how long it will last. I hope at some point it will go away but I'm not that hopeful it will in the immediate future.We are planning some travel in the very near future. I will probably start meclizine 3 times a day to help ensure I can enjoy the trips."

biker1944 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Over the last week and a half, I've been light headed, pressure on my forehead. At work I would notice my symptoms more and feel like I'd have to hold on to the counters. Went into the doc, she knew what it was right away with the eye test. She prescribed meclizine 25mg. I took 2 yesterday, haven't even taken one yet today, because I fell asleep on my couch 4 times. I think I'll try just taking a half a tablet at night and see how that goes with the fatigue."

jkehoe (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed today with vertigo, I woke up yesterday morning which was 8/11/2016 i was so dizzy, the rest of the day if I looked down or leaned my head back in would get dizzy, today was worst so I went to the ER was given meclizine I only took 2 so far seems like it works for a few hours a but I want to take one now before bed any suggestions??"

Darylwade913 August 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"blurred vision and extreme tiredness. slept entire day and night, fuzzy the second day. Only took one dose. will not take again"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am writing in case anyone else has similar experience. In 2011, I had vestibular neuritis. My case was severe, w/nystagmus lasting 6 days, I was hospitalized. I recovered from the acute phase w/the help of positive posts from people afflicted & recovered. Eventually, I began having episodes similar & have found out I have 8th cranial nerve damage, residual. Long story short, simple things make me dizzy, car rides, teaching my grandson how to drive, bumpy school bus rides, even upside down emoji smiley faces....yep. This medication has been a life saver & I always have it in my purse. I forget about my condition sometimes & something will make it "act up" & I am s relieved when I remember I have it. I strongly recommend it!"

Cookie456 August 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dramamine Less Drowsy (meclizine): "Regular Dramamine makes me extremely groggy. Tried this for the first time today and it works like a gem! I get dizzy and nauseous between 2-4pm every day, Dramamine has been a real savior."

GreeneJ July 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"tremendous help with dizziness associated with vertigo"

mrbw1 May 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I asked my doctor for a medicine to stop this horrible roller coaster. In the last 2 and a half months I have been on an emotional roller coaster. Hospitalized in Jan. for a nervous break down to put it mildly too much to write and too depressing to reiterate . I had jumped to different depression medications and it resulted in severe vertigo. Nonstop, it was debilitating and not many knew what I was experiencing. I am shocked how this medication has dwindled that roller coaster drop with nausea. Still off, but much improvement as I thought I would go mad with the non stop sensation. I look forward to the day with feeling somewhat "normal" as this has been the most awful journey. Doubters, give this medicine a try."

shakeitoff (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have to say, after using this medication, I felt so much better. It helped restore me back to some order after experiencing, pressure on the head, ears, nauseous and dizziness! I was feeling so out of balance and this pill did restore my normal balance."

Adriana675 March 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bonine (meclizine): "I have suffered 4 bouts of benign positional vertigo in the last ten years. It comes on without warning. I always carry Meclizine with me.I get it over the counter. It helps, but it still takes me anywhere from a week to a month to get over the vertigo. At the beginning of the vertigo I take a 25 mg.tablet every 24 hours, but it makes me very sleepy and tired and "hung over"....but I'm able to get out of bed and do things. As the vertigo subsides, I take 1/2 of a tablet once a day and that seems to have fewer side effects. The only thing I've found that really cures the vertigo over a couple of weeks are the exercises I do 3x a day. Got them from a physical therapist. Along with the Meclizine, I seem to eventually get better."

Birdie A March 13, 2016