User Reviews for Transderm-Scop

Nausea/Vomiting
5.8

Summary of Transderm-Scop reviews 6.9 78 reviews

Reviews for Transderm-Scop

For Motion Sickness "l took this for Grand Mediterranean trip for 2 week Cruise including fly over to Europe to board the ship & back to USA I changed the Patch every 3 days switch to behind left to behind right ear. Took off Patch when l came home, was sick for 2 weeks could not eat or stand up only bathroom breaks for 3-4 days could only swallow juice or water, after that l could eat a little! Lost 10 lbs (not a good way to lose weight) Happen the same way when l travelled on the Baltic Cruise! After reading some of reviews l will cut the Patch in half & only use it for only 3 days at start of trip & leave the patch on pass the 3 days so medication would wear out"

Shopper September 25, 2018

For Motion Sickness "I get extremely motion sick on any kind of moving things and I was booked on a flight when weather conditions were far from good. I was nervous...so used the patch. Halfway through my trip home, my plans changed to overnight and continue on the next day. I removed the patch..washing my skin behind my ear and thinking that would be enough since I had only been wearing it maybe 5 hours or less. Next morning I put on a new patch..MISTAKE! Then to make it worse..I took a dramimine.. MISTAKE! Drug interactions were terrible. I started hallucinating on the flight and it continued through the evening. Seeing people that weren't there..etc. I had not checked to see if there were any drug interactions before I took the dramimine. I am guessing that even applying the second patch was not that smart either. Lesson learned! However, I was not sick on some extremely bumpy flights, but I was saying all kinds of crazy things and getting some very weird looks from fellow passengers....lol"

Racer June 29, 2018

For Motion Sickness "I was recently prescribed this for “motion sickness”/ light headedness while out an about, I wore two of the patches with three days in between, and apparently the scopolamine didn’t disperse fully from my body quick enough and just kept building up and it ended up sending me into a panic attack due to all of the scopolamine which after that I looked up more about scopolamine and found that it is actually one of the worlds most dangerous drugs when used in high doses, so if I could rate this 0/10 I would, I wouldn’t recommend this to my worst enemy, after that they did however put me on diazepam (Valium) which helps amazingly."

Nickname (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

For Motion Sickness "So I have used this patch for cruises and I always have to cut the patch in half and switch ears every three days. My mouth gets very dry even with half a patch. Although I do not get sick on the ship which has been a blessing the patch has left me with a dry mouth forever. I need someone to tell me what to do about it because I want to continue cruising. I don’t take any other medication. Each time I use this patch my mouth gets dryer and never bounces back ."

Debadoo1 February 20, 2018

For Motion Sickness "This works, but has side effects. If you suffer from motion sickness like me, this patch allows you to do all kinds of activities that you would not normally do. Read the label: dry mouth & fuzzy close up vision after 36 hours on the patch, and motion sickness the first 48 hours after you take the patch off, are the most common side effects. I have used the patches numerous times over the past 10 years; I have been able to go on a VERY ROUGH one week cruise, fly, boat, and scuba dive in the ocean thanks to Transderm V. I have suffered through all of the "side effects" every time I used the patch, which were all manageable considering the activities I was able to enjoy because I was taking the patch."

Scoppy (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "Patch used for second general anesthesia experience since I vomited after the first time. I know they also switched me from a gas/IV combo to pure IV sedation, so although I did not vomit this time (yay!) I don't know if I can attribute it to the patch or to the sedation change, but probably both. Please be aware these patches are NOT meant for long term use- they will have withdrawal effects! If you rebound you will have the very effects you were trying to prevent in the first place. For my purpose, after surgery, it's worked great. I wouldn't wear them for weeks at a time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

For Motion Sickness "Have to take this when I am on cruises or would have motion sickness. 1st 5 yrs I took this no prob. The 6th cruise my throat closed up and could hardly swallow while eating. It dawned on me to try prilosec. It enabled me to swallow. This has happened the last 5 years over a 5 year stretch of cruises."

Anonymous453 October 2, 2017

For Motion Sickness "DO NOT USE THIS PATCH - I used it for a 7 day cruise and in hindsight probably didn't need it for motion sickness as cruise ships are large without movement unless there is a rare turbulence. While on the patch I had cotton mouth, dry skin, and dilated pupils. After taking the patch off when I got home, I have suffered much more than any motion sickness could have caused. I have had severe headache, neck ache, upset stomach, dizziness, eye issues, and fatigue which has been difficult to be back at work when I planned to come home refreshed from a relaxing vacation. It has been 5 days and it is STILL HORRIBLE and I wonder if I will ever feel normal and good again! This drug should be BANNED!!"

Nix the Patch August 11, 2017

For Motion Sickness "Used this for an Alaskan cruise (over a 10 day period). It worked great for the cruise. I normally get extremely motion sick but I maybe just had a slight sick sensation a couple of times during the whole trip. However, after I got home, a few hours after I removed the last patch, I became very nauseated. I ended up missing 3 days of work due to very bad nausea. I got some phenergran from my doctor that helped to relieve it. I'm not sure how long the nausea would have lasted without it. Probably won't use the patch again."

LYCruiser May 26, 2017

For Motion Sickness "The first time I took it for a bus ride I took my students on, it worked phenomenally! The second time I used it, I placed it on my right side and my right pupil became incredibly dilated! Even though I was very disoriented for the day, I didn't experience any motion sickness!"

Anonymous May 21, 2017

For Motion Sickness "I have used the patches for years after my first cruise without one. It is the ONLY thing that keeps motion or sea sickness at bay for me. My only complaint is the dry mouth while using it. My dry mouth goes way after about 24 hours."

agmaryland (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given a 72hr patch following a minor foot surgery and all I can say is never again! There isn't enough space for me to detail all of my side effects while using the patch, but I mainly wanted to share how I got off of it for those struggling post-surgery. I had my patch on for 85 hours, and by that time the majority of the medicine had already left the patch so it was a good time to taper off. I cut it in half and reapplied it for 24 hours, at which point I switched it out for the other half. I wore that for 24hrs as well, then removed it and immediately started on a dose of 12mg OTC meclizine every 10hrs for 3 doses. I then cut the halves into quarters and finished with 6mg meclizine every 10hrs for 3 doses as well."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

For Motion Sickness "My boyfriend has used this patch many times with success but had slight side effects-mostly blurred vision. I tried it a couple of years ago for our cruise and I had almost every side effect there is to have! I started off almost immediately having blurred vision and my eyes became majorly sensitive to the sunlight. Then I started having a very dry throat (hard time swallowing food), dizziness and my stomach would gurgle (it was weird). I took the patch off when one of the passengers said she got really sick from it. After I took it off, I was ok for about 24 hours and then the real scare happened! I almost completely lost my vision, I could barely see straight and was very dizzy for weeks! This should NOT be on the market!"

Kat75 April 15, 2017

For Motion Sickness "When I was in the military my boss told me about the patch for motion sickness and told me to put it on 24 hours prior to going fishing. I didn't listen to him and put it on when I left to go fishing. It was a 4 hour ride and before arriving at the charter boat I was sick as a dog. I have since found out that I drink plenty of water before putting on the patch and afterwords. Keep yourself hydrated. I will wake up feeling a little funny but I drink water as soon as I get up. This should help."

Anonymous April 10, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "Went in Novemeber to have my nose put back in place as it was broken. They applied a patch to me + other meds before, during, and after and still got sick. Woke up the next morning with my heart skipping beats and racing. I called their center, they convince me I'm dehydrated. As I am no longer puking, I remove the patch and drink water at the same time. Don't think anything of it. In February, I went under to get my meniscus fixed and an ACL put in my right knee. Patch goes on, into surgery I go. I wake up disoriented with nurses and doctors yelling in my face that I have to wake up. I become slightly coherent and notice I have nurses all over my body trying to find a better IV site (had 18 pokes-very hard to find my veins) to administer drugs because my heart was in AFIB going about 185 beats and skipping. They try several drugs ,15 more people enter the room, the cardiologist and his team are called down, and the crash cart is paged to my recovery room. They JUST managed to find a drug that took my heart down to 120-135 beats seconds before they were going to administer the paddles. Several hours later in the hospital room (I had to stay) I managed to connect the dots and talked to the anesthesiologist. I take off the patch and within 5-10 min my heart went down from a stable minimum of 120 beats to 85. I had to receive 3 heart ultrasounds, 2 EKGs, and wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks under the care of the cardiologist that I had to see for a month and a half."

Lb257890 February 18, 2017

For Motion Sickness "Worked great for motion sickness on our cruise, but day 1 of using it I felt very confused and drugged. Experienced extreme dry mouth, and now 5 days after discontinuing the patch I still feel some measure of dry mouth, although not as extreme as when using the patch. I still feel some measure of disorientation as well, but that seems to be getting better each day. My stomach seems to be not quite normal as well. Probably will explore other methods of motion sickness prevention in the future. Side effects were just too strong for me."

Trekgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

For Motion Sickness "The first few times 5, I used the patch I thought it was a godsend.however,this last time I used it on a 6 hour flight I began to have blurred vision.extreme dry mouth the scariest side effect was hallucinations. I did not know who I was or where I was thank goodness II was not traveling alone.DANGEROUS. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!"

Waka that jones January 4, 2017

For Motion Sickness "This medicine turned me into a complete idiot! Due to the dilated pupils you could throw reading and depth perception out the window for the three days this drug was in my system. Stairs and elevator buttons were a real source of entertainment for the rest of our party "helping me" lol. Due to a possible conflicting drug interaction (or lack therof) with the way this medication effects the absorption of other medications through your digestive trac, my ADD medicine either didn't work at all, or a possible interaction of the two made my short term memory nonexistent! I would literally ask a question and ask it again in less than 5 minutes. Really scary stuff, didn't even feel comfortable driving back home after getting off our cruise!"

Banker32 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Took a tour of Greece, Egypt, Israel and Jordan. After taking the patch off, I had nauseous, vomiting and headache. I have been back home for a week now and am still having headaches. It has to be from these patches because I never had headaches before. Will never use them again."

Debora Kay November 29, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "The best thing ever not once nauseous or sick wore for 4 days had a total hip replacement and have always been sick after all my surgerys and not once had any one offered me this but my awesome dr Miller and his awesome nurse practitioner darla took care of me like I was famous thank u and the best care I have ever had"

It's the best October 19, 2016

For Motion Sickness "Never again. It worked during my cruise however since removing the patch I've been suffering from dizziness, nausea and vomiting. I cannot keep my balance. I have been out of work for 3days."

Natp (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

For Motion Sickness "While this medication did take away my travel sickness, I had blurred vision all week and now severe blurred vision 3 days after removing the patch and I did wash my hands after applying each patch. I was extremely thirsty the entire week, extreme dry mouth. Approximately 24 hours after removing the patch, I felt so dizzy and severely nauseous for 2 days. I was vomiting the first of those 2 days. I should have heeded everyone's warnings about this toxic medication! I will never go near it again!!"

spiridus September 26, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I used this patch for my surgery and I didn't get sick like I normally do after a surgery. I will use it again for sure if I have a procedure or surgery done again. It's so nice to NOT wake up vomiting!"

Carlee24 August 25, 2016

For Motion Sickness "Excellent,I'm a very sensitive person to motion sickness,I used them multiples times with a pretty rough sea condition without any reaction at all"

yolane August 17, 2016

For Motion Sickness "This was a first time I had tried the patch. I was nervous after having read some of the side effects and reviews. I had put the patch on a few hours prior to a whale watching trip. The waters were very rough and choppy. I normally would have been ill had I not used the patch. It helped my nausea from motion sickness in the car and on the boat trip. I felt tired on the one and half hour car ride back but that could have been from a long day with 3 kids too. Definitely did not effect me like Dramamine does as far as knocking me out to near unconsciousness. I was very please with how it managed my motion sickness. Will be sure to use again when I go on a boat. I may even try it when we go to amusement park's rollercoasters!"

Sick at sea (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016