User Reviews for Transderm-Scop

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Transderm-Scop.

Motion Sickness
7.2

Nausea/Vomiting
5.5

Summary of Transderm-Scop reviews 6.3 72 reviews

Reviews for Transderm-Scop

For Motion Sickness "Have to take this when I am on cruises or would have motion sickness. 1st 5 yrs I took this no prob. The 6th cruise my throat closed up and could hardly swallow while eating. It dawned on me to try prilosec. It enabled me to swallow. This has happened the last 5 years over a 5 year stretch of cruises."

Anonymous453 October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "DO NOT USE THIS PATCH - I used it for a 7 day cruise and in hindsight probably didn't need it for motion sickness as cruise ships are large without movement unless there is a rare turbulence. While on the patch I had cotton mouth, dry skin, and dilated pupils. After taking the patch off when I got home, I have suffered much more than any motion sickness could have caused. I have had severe headache, neck ache, upset stomach, dizziness, eye issues, and fatigue which has been difficult to be back at work when I planned to come home refreshed from a relaxing vacation. It has been 5 days and it is STILL HORRIBLE and I wonder if I will ever feel normal and good again! This drug should be BANNED!!"

Nix the Patch August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "Used this for an Alaskan cruise (over a 10 day period). It worked great for the cruise. I normally get extremely motion sick but I maybe just had a slight sick sensation a couple of times during the whole trip. However, after I got home, a few hours after I removed the last patch, I became very nauseated. I ended up missing 3 days of work due to very bad nausea. I got some phenergran from my doctor that helped to relieve it. I'm not sure how long the nausea would have lasted without it. Probably won't use the patch again."

LYCruiser May 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "The first time I took it for a bus ride I took my students on, it worked phenomenally! The second time I used it, I placed it on my right side and my right pupil became incredibly dilated! Even though I was very disoriented for the day, I didn't experience any motion sickness!"

Anonymous May 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I have used the patches for years after my first cruise without one. It is the ONLY thing that keeps motion or sea sickness at bay for me. My only complaint is the dry mouth while using it. My dry mouth goes way after about 24 hours."

agmaryland (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given a 72hr patch following a minor foot surgery and all I can say is never again! There isn't enough space for me to detail all of my side effects while using the patch, but I mainly wanted to share how I got off of it for those struggling post-surgery. I had my patch on for 85 hours, and by that time the majority of the medicine had already left the patch so it was a good time to taper off. I cut it in half and reapplied it for 24 hours, at which point I switched it out for the other half. I wore that for 24hrs as well, then removed it and immediately started on a dose of 12mg OTC meclizine every 10hrs for 3 doses. I then cut the halves into quarters and finished with 6mg meclizine every 10hrs for 3 doses as well."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "My boyfriend has used this patch many times with success but had slight side effects-mostly blurred vision. I tried it a couple of years ago for our cruise and I had almost every side effect there is to have! I started off almost immediately having blurred vision and my eyes became majorly sensitive to the sunlight. Then I started having a very dry throat (hard time swallowing food), dizziness and my stomach would gurgle (it was weird). I took the patch off when one of the passengers said she got really sick from it. After I took it off, I was ok for about 24 hours and then the real scare happened! I almost completely lost my vision, I could barely see straight and was very dizzy for weeks! This should NOT be on the market!"

Kat75 April 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "When I was in the military my boss told me about the patch for motion sickness and told me to put it on 24 hours prior to going fishing. I didn't listen to him and put it on when I left to go fishing. It was a 4 hour ride and before arriving at the charter boat I was sick as a dog. I have since found out that I drink plenty of water before putting on the patch and afterwords. Keep yourself hydrated. I will wake up feeling a little funny but I drink water as soon as I get up. This should help."

Anonymous April 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "Went in Novemeber to have my nose put back in place as it was broken. They applied a patch to me + other meds before, during, and after and still got sick. Woke up the next morning with my heart skipping beats and racing. I called their center, they convince me I'm dehydrated. As I am no longer puking, I remove the patch and drink water at the same time. Don't think anything of it. In February, I went under to get my meniscus fixed and an ACL put in my right knee. Patch goes on, into surgery I go. I wake up disoriented with nurses and doctors yelling in my face that I have to wake up. I become slightly coherent and notice I have nurses all over my body trying to find a better IV site (had 18 pokes-very hard to find my veins) to administer drugs because my heart was in AFIB going about 185 beats and skipping. They try several drugs ,15 more people enter the room, the cardiologist and his team are called down, and the crash cart is paged to my recovery room. They JUST managed to find a drug that took my heart down to 120-135 beats seconds before they were going to administer the paddles. Several hours later in the hospital room (I had to stay) I managed to connect the dots and talked to the anesthesiologist. I take off the patch and within 5-10 min my heart went down from a stable minimum of 120 beats to 85. I had to receive 3 heart ultrasounds, 2 EKGs, and wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks under the care of the cardiologist that I had to see for a month and a half."

Lb257890 February 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "Worked great for motion sickness on our cruise, but day 1 of using it I felt very confused and drugged. Experienced extreme dry mouth, and now 5 days after discontinuing the patch I still feel some measure of dry mouth, although not as extreme as when using the patch. I still feel some measure of disorientation as well, but that seems to be getting better each day. My stomach seems to be not quite normal as well. Probably will explore other methods of motion sickness prevention in the future. Side effects were just too strong for me."

Trekgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "The first few times 5, I used the patch I thought it was a godsend.however,this last time I used it on a 6 hour flight I began to have blurred vision.extreme dry mouth the scariest side effect was hallucinations. I did not know who I was or where I was thank goodness II was not traveling alone.DANGEROUS. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!"

Waka that jones January 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "This medicine turned me into a complete idiot! Due to the dilated pupils you could throw reading and depth perception out the window for the three days this drug was in my system. Stairs and elevator buttons were a real source of entertainment for the rest of our party "helping me" lol. Due to a possible conflicting drug interaction (or lack therof) with the way this medication effects the absorption of other medications through your digestive trac, my ADD medicine either didn't work at all, or a possible interaction of the two made my short term memory nonexistent! I would literally ask a question and ask it again in less than 5 minutes. Really scary stuff, didn't even feel comfortable driving back home after getting off our cruise!"

Banker32 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "Took a tour of Greece, Egypt, Israel and Jordan. After taking the patch off, I had nauseous, vomiting and headache. I have been back home for a week now and am still having headaches. It has to be from these patches because I never had headaches before. Will never use them again."

Debora Kay November 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "The best thing ever not once nauseous or sick wore for 4 days had a total hip replacement and have always been sick after all my surgerys and not once had any one offered me this but my awesome dr Miller and his awesome nurse practitioner darla took care of me like I was famous thank u and the best care I have ever had"

It's the best October 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "Never again. It worked during my cruise however since removing the patch I've been suffering from dizziness, nausea and vomiting. I cannot keep my balance. I have been out of work for 3days."

Natp (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "While this medication did take away my travel sickness, I had blurred vision all week and now severe blurred vision 3 days after removing the patch and I did wash my hands after applying each patch. I was extremely thirsty the entire week, extreme dry mouth. Approximately 24 hours after removing the patch, I felt so dizzy and severely nauseous for 2 days. I was vomiting the first of those 2 days. I should have heeded everyone's warnings about this toxic medication! I will never go near it again!!"

spiridus September 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I used this patch for my surgery and I didn't get sick like I normally do after a surgery. I will use it again for sure if I have a procedure or surgery done again. It's so nice to NOT wake up vomiting!"

Carlee24 August 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "Excellent,I'm a very sensitive person to motion sickness,I used them multiples times with a pretty rough sea condition without any reaction at all"

yolane August 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "This was a first time I had tried the patch. I was nervous after having read some of the side effects and reviews. I had put the patch on a few hours prior to a whale watching trip. The waters were very rough and choppy. I normally would have been ill had I not used the patch. It helped my nausea from motion sickness in the car and on the boat trip. I felt tired on the one and half hour car ride back but that could have been from a long day with 3 kids too. Definitely did not effect me like Dramamine does as far as knocking me out to near unconsciousness. I was very please with how it managed my motion sickness. Will be sure to use again when I go on a boat. I may even try it when we go to amusement park's rollercoasters!"

Sick at sea (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I can finally enjoy roller coasters again! I just read AND follow the directions. I've used it on my last 3 amusement park trips. No issues, no problems, no nausea and vomiting after the rides! It's an anticholinergic medication so the side effects are expected, i.e. dry mouth, pupil dilation. They were mild. Drink fluids and wear sunglasses. Let's not be over dramatic."

A. Cordova (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "This stuff works fantastically for motion sickness and VR sickness. I got my doctor to give me an RX basically because I wanted to play around with a VR headset yet everything made me sick. In addition if I went to amusement parks, I'd get sick at just about everything. If I read in a car, I get sick. If I got on a boat, even if it's docked, I get sick. 3D movies at the regular movie theater, those make me sick. Certain video games make me sick. Flying on an airplane makes me sick. Everything makes me sick, but with this - it was pure magic. I could do everything above without getting sick. For me I had zero side effects while on it, I felt completely normal using it and had no withdrawal, nothing. I only use it sparingly as it's expensive."

RodneyCMunch July 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "So it worked... I normally suffer from motion sickness in cars, if I'm not driving. I decided to put the patch on before a 14 hour long international flight... I didn't suffer from any motion sickness but it made me illiterate! I could see fine except for letters and numbers (or basic shapes). So I get to the airport at my destination in Uganda and going through customs I needed to fill out a basic form about the reason for my visit etc... only I couldn't read it to save my life! I'd use it again in an emergency but be aware of the potential side effects."

JMcMusicman (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I have severe motion sickness with nausea and vomiting...room spinning....vertigo. ..i put the patch on 4hours before my flight and cruise works excellent for me without the drowsiness, blurred vision and dry mouth. .. It works different on different people But you wont know til you try it"

Mmckenn6867yahoo.com June 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I have used them on each of my previous four cruises. I am going to use one Sunday for my wedding cruise because they work so well. I had suffered with motion sickness since my childhood and these things really work!!"

TraPut June 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "Long history of post-op nausea (PONV) here. Excellent care team applied patch about an hour before surgery (along with IV Zofran) to stop the nausea. Really hoped it would help. The dizziness & blurred vision & very dry mouth made me feel worse--dying of thirst. Drank too fast post-op and had some of the worst PONV ever. CRNA said to wear it 3 days; I took it off after about 36 hours; my doctor switched me from oral promethazine (did not stay down) to meltable Zofran, which was much better. Hope it works better for others."

Andromache (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016