User Reviews for Transderm-Scop

Learn more about Transderm-Scop.

Motion Sickness 51 reviews 114 medications

7.2
Nausea/Vomiting 13 reviews 160 medications

5.6
Summary of Transderm-Scop reviews 64 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Transderm-Scop

For Nausea/Vomiting "Went in Novemeber to have my nose put back in place as it was broken. They applied a patch to me + other meds before, during, and after and still got sick. Woke up the next morning with my heart skipping beats and racing. I called their center, they convince me I'm dehydrated. As I am no longer puking, I remove the patch and drink water at the same time. Don't think anything of it. In February, I went under to get my meniscus fixed and an ACL put in my right knee. Patch goes on, into surgery I go. I wake up disoriented with nurses and doctors yelling in my face that I have to wake up. I become slightly coherent and notice I have nurses all over my body trying to find a better IV site (had 18 pokes-very hard to find my veins) to administer drugs because my heart was in AFIB going about 185 beats and skipping. They try several drugs ,15 more people enter the room, the cardiologist and his team are called down, and the crash cart is paged to my recovery room. They JUST managed to find a drug that took my heart down to 120-135 beats seconds before they were going to administer the paddles. Several hours later in the hospital room (I had to stay) I managed to connect the dots and talked to the anesthesiologist. I take off the patch and within 5-10 min my heart went down from a stable minimum of 120 beats to 85. I had to receive 3 heart ultrasounds, 2 EKGs, and wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks under the care of the cardiologist that I had to see for a month and a half."

Lb257890 February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "Worked great for motion sickness on our cruise, but day 1 of using it I felt very confused and drugged. Experienced extreme dry mouth, and now 5 days after discontinuing the patch I still feel some measure of dry mouth, although not as extreme as when using the patch. I still feel some measure of disorientation as well, but that seems to be getting better each day. My stomach seems to be not quite normal as well. Probably will explore other methods of motion sickness prevention in the future. Side effects were just too strong for me."

Trekgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "The first few times 5, I used the patch I thought it was a godsend.however,this last time I used it on a 6 hour flight I began to have blurred vision.extreme dry mouth the scariest side effect was hallucinations. I did not know who I was or where I was thank goodness II was not traveling alone.DANGEROUS. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!"

Waka that jones January 4, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "This medicine turned me into a complete idiot! Due to the dilated pupils you could throw reading and depth perception out the window for the three days this drug was in my system. Stairs and elevator buttons were a real source of entertainment for the rest of our party "helping me" lol. Due to a possible conflicting drug interaction (or lack therof) with the way this medication effects the absorption of other medications through your digestive trac, my ADD medicine either didn't work at all, or a possible interaction of the two made my short term memory nonexistent! I would literally ask a question and ask it again in less than 5 minutes. Really scary stuff, didn't even feel comfortable driving back home after getting off our cruise!"

Banker32 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Took a tour of Greece, Egypt, Israel and Jordan. After taking the patch off, I had nauseous, vomiting and headache. I have been back home for a week now and am still having headaches. It has to be from these patches because I never had headaches before. Will never use them again."

Debora Kay November 29, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting "The best thing ever not once nauseous or sick wore for 4 days had a total hip replacement and have always been sick after all my surgerys and not once had any one offered me this but my awesome dr Miller and his awesome nurse practitioner darla took care of me like I was famous thank u and the best care I have ever had"

It's the best October 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "Never again. It worked during my cruise however since removing the patch I've been suffering from dizziness, nausea and vomiting. I cannot keep my balance. I have been out of work for 3days."

Natp (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "While this medication did take away my travel sickness, I had blurred vision all week and now severe blurred vision 3 days after removing the patch and I did wash my hands after applying each patch. I was extremely thirsty the entire week, extreme dry mouth. Approximately 24 hours after removing the patch, I felt so dizzy and severely nauseous for 2 days. I was vomiting the first of those 2 days. I should have heeded everyone's warnings about this toxic medication! I will never go near it again!!"

spiridus September 26, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I used this patch for my surgery and I didn't get sick like I normally do after a surgery. I will use it again for sure if I have a procedure or surgery done again. It's so nice to NOT wake up vomiting!"

Carlee24 August 25, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "Excellent,I'm a very sensitive person to motion sickness,I used them multiples times with a pretty rough sea condition without any reaction at all"

yolane August 17, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "This was a first time I had tried the patch. I was nervous after having read some of the side effects and reviews. I had put the patch on a few hours prior to a whale watching trip. The waters were very rough and choppy. I normally would have been ill had I not used the patch. It helped my nausea from motion sickness in the car and on the boat trip. I felt tired on the one and half hour car ride back but that could have been from a long day with 3 kids too. Definitely did not effect me like Dramamine does as far as knocking me out to near unconsciousness. I was very please with how it managed my motion sickness. Will be sure to use again when I go on a boat. I may even try it when we go to amusement park's rollercoasters!"

Sick at sea (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "I can finally enjoy roller coasters again! I just read AND follow the directions. I've used it on my last 3 amusement park trips. No issues, no problems, no nausea and vomiting after the rides! It's an anticholinergic medication so the side effects are expected, i.e. dry mouth, pupil dilation. They were mild. Drink fluids and wear sunglasses. Let's not be over dramatic."

A. Cordova (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "This stuff works fantastically for motion sickness and VR sickness. I got my doctor to give me an RX basically because I wanted to play around with a VR headset yet everything made me sick. In addition if I went to amusement parks, I'd get sick at just about everything. If I read in a car, I get sick. If I got on a boat, even if it's docked, I get sick. 3D movies at the regular movie theater, those make me sick. Certain video games make me sick. Flying on an airplane makes me sick. Everything makes me sick, but with this - it was pure magic. I could do everything above without getting sick. For me I had zero side effects while on it, I felt completely normal using it and had no withdrawal, nothing. I only use it sparingly as it's expensive."

RodneyCMunch July 14, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "So it worked... I normally suffer from motion sickness in cars, if I'm not driving. I decided to put the patch on before a 14 hour long international flight... I didn't suffer from any motion sickness but it made me illiterate! I could see fine except for letters and numbers (or basic shapes). So I get to the airport at my destination in Uganda and going through customs I needed to fill out a basic form about the reason for my visit etc... only I couldn't read it to save my life! I'd use it again in an emergency but be aware of the potential side effects."

JMcMusicman (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "I have severe motion sickness with nausea and vomiting...room spinning....vertigo. ..i put the patch on 4hours before my flight and cruise works excellent for me without the drowsiness, blurred vision and dry mouth. .. It works different on different people But you wont know til you try it"

Mmckenn6867yahoo.com June 24, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "I have used them on each of my previous four cruises. I am going to use one Sunday for my wedding cruise because they work so well. I had suffered with motion sickness since my childhood and these things really work!!"

TraPut June 22, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Long history of post-op nausea (PONV) here. Excellent care team applied patch about an hour before surgery (along with IV Zofran) to stop the nausea. Really hoped it would help. The dizziness & blurred vision & very dry mouth made me feel worse--dying of thirst. Drank too fast post-op and had some of the worst PONV ever. CRNA said to wear it 3 days; I took it off after about 36 hours; my doctor switched me from oral promethazine (did not stay down) to meltable Zofran, which was much better. Hope it works better for others."

Andromache (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting "I had to have surgery and have a history of nausea and vomiting so the Dr's put one of these behind my ear. It worked great! No nausea at all. Since pain pills also make me sick I got a prescription for 3 patches to bring home with me. No problems so far!"

Slharrison14 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "I highly recommend it. My husband & I used it on a cruise to Alaska & the waters leaving out of Seattle got pretty rough, we literally were holding on to the walls walking down the hallway. With the bad waves the 1st day I felt a little queasy but I did not get sick. There were couples that it was their 3rd & 4th cruise to Alaska that said the waves were the worst ever & they were sick.... Should have used Transderm. I will never cruise again without it!"

Weesie524 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "Used occasionally for over 20 years. The Best anti-nausea without doubt. When I use it, I actually enjoy travelling."

Hoodoo (taken for 10 years or more) March 9, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting "My Dr. Prescribed this Transderm patch prior to an outpatient procedure. I was very careful and followed the instructions making sure to wash my hands before and after placing the patch behind my ear. Only to wake up 10 hours later feeling so dizzy and nauseous. Worst of all was my vision. When I arrived at the hospital My vision was so blurry I couldn't even read the paperwork I was signing, couldn't see the time on my cell phone or read any messages. My pupils were very dialated, this lasted for 2 days. I'm on day 3 and my vision is back to normal, but upon doing to much I'm still dizzy and nauseous. I always read thoroughly before I take anything. So I know I did NOT get this in my eyes by not doing as directed. Scary stuff!!"

Mz Angie Hill 1 February 7, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Never take this drug! I was on a 7 day cruise and took the ear patch. At first I had blurred vision and after removing the patch off when the cruise was done, things went horrible. I had nausea, dizziness. Went to doctor and was told I had vertigo, and couldn't get back to work. I had to suffer because of the side effects of this patch. Not sure how FDA approved this, this is a dangerous drug and should NEVER be prescribed."

Deeps1 December 29, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "I have suffered from motion sickness my entire life on boats, in cars and on amusement rides. I have used OTC medicines like dramamine but the side effect of sleepiness was so overpowering, I couldn't even enjoy the activity. I recently heard of this wonder drug called Transderm and after reading reviews and speaking to a pharmacist, I decided to put it to the test at Tampa Bay Busch Gardens. WOW!!!!! I had the best time ever. I rode every ride and only one of them made me feel a LITTLE dizzy and nauseous during and briefly after. I did feel a bit drowsy as well for about five minutes but this was minor. The dry mouth was probably the biggest side effect I experienced. Overall, it was a success and I would use again."

WRKS4ME November 30, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting "Awful. Wore the patch for less than 24 hrsafter general anesthesia. I woke up in the middle of the night with my neck and the left side of my face swollen. When I pulled the patch off I started throwing up. I now get motion sickness in the car. It's a week later and my neck is still swollen and I still have motion sickness ( which I never had before). Its very painful. I should have taken the patch off sooner. I am 5-2" and 130lbs. It might have been too strong."

Surgery patient November 25, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Motion Sickness "Used the patch for my first cruise as I normally suffer from motion Sickness..I only got dry mouth and blurred vision but most people think this is from the patch when in fact its from your fingers after you have touched it or placed it you must always wash your hands as people do tend to scratch or touch eyes and the medication is transferred that was far more than a side effect via the application. I would never go on a cruise without it..Works a treat and can easily last for 4 days. I would highly recommend it."

Doonie68 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2015