User Reviews for Transderm-Scop

Learn more about Transderm-Scop.

Transderm-Scop Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 51 medications used in the treatment of Motion Sickness.

Reviews for Transderm-Scop to treat Motion Sickness

"Used this for an Alaskan cruise (over a 10 day period). It worked great for the cruise. I normally get extremely motion sick but I maybe just had a slight sick sensation a couple of times during the whole trip. However, after I got home, a few hours after I removed the last patch, I became very nauseated. I ended up missing 3 days of work due to very bad nausea. I got some phenergran from my doctor that helped to relieve it. I'm not sure how long the nausea would have lasted without it. Probably won't use the patch again."

LYCruiser May 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first time I took it for a bus ride I took my students on, it worked phenomenally! The second time I used it, I placed it on my right side and my right pupil became incredibly dilated! Even though I was very disoriented for the day, I didn't experience any motion sickness!"

Anonymous May 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have used the patches for years after my first cruise without one. It is the ONLY thing that keeps motion or sea sickness at bay for me. My only complaint is the dry mouth while using it. My dry mouth goes way after about 24 hours."

agmaryland (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My boyfriend has used this patch many times with success but had slight side effects-mostly blurred vision. I tried it a couple of years ago for our cruise and I had almost every side effect there is to have! I started off almost immediately having blurred vision and my eyes became majorly sensitive to the sunlight. Then I started having a very dry throat (hard time swallowing food), dizziness and my stomach would gurgle (it was weird). I took the patch off when one of the passengers said she got really sick from it. After I took it off, I was ok for about 24 hours and then the real scare happened! I almost completely lost my vision, I could barely see straight and was very dizzy for weeks! This should NOT be on the market!"

Kat75 April 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I was in the military my boss told me about the patch for motion sickness and told me to put it on 24 hours prior to going fishing. I didn't listen to him and put it on when I left to go fishing. It was a 4 hour ride and before arriving at the charter boat I was sick as a dog. I have since found out that I drink plenty of water before putting on the patch and afterwords. Keep yourself hydrated. I will wake up feeling a little funny but I drink water as soon as I get up. This should help."

Anonymous April 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Worked great for motion sickness on our cruise, but day 1 of using it I felt very confused and drugged. Experienced extreme dry mouth, and now 5 days after discontinuing the patch I still feel some measure of dry mouth, although not as extreme as when using the patch. I still feel some measure of disorientation as well, but that seems to be getting better each day. My stomach seems to be not quite normal as well. Probably will explore other methods of motion sickness prevention in the future. Side effects were just too strong for me."

Trekgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first few times 5, I used the patch I thought it was a godsend.however,this last time I used it on a 6 hour flight I began to have blurred vision.extreme dry mouth the scariest side effect was hallucinations. I did not know who I was or where I was thank goodness II was not traveling alone.DANGEROUS. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!"

Waka that jones January 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine turned me into a complete idiot! Due to the dilated pupils you could throw reading and depth perception out the window for the three days this drug was in my system. Stairs and elevator buttons were a real source of entertainment for the rest of our party "helping me" lol. Due to a possible conflicting drug interaction (or lack therof) with the way this medication effects the absorption of other medications through your digestive trac, my ADD medicine either didn't work at all, or a possible interaction of the two made my short term memory nonexistent! I would literally ask a question and ask it again in less than 5 minutes. Really scary stuff, didn't even feel comfortable driving back home after getting off our cruise!"

Banker32 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Never again. It worked during my cruise however since removing the patch I've been suffering from dizziness, nausea and vomiting. I cannot keep my balance. I have been out of work for 3days."

Natp (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"While this medication did take away my travel sickness, I had blurred vision all week and now severe blurred vision 3 days after removing the patch and I did wash my hands after applying each patch. I was extremely thirsty the entire week, extreme dry mouth. Approximately 24 hours after removing the patch, I felt so dizzy and severely nauseous for 2 days. I was vomiting the first of those 2 days. I should have heeded everyone's warnings about this toxic medication! I will never go near it again!!"

spiridus September 26, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Excellent,I'm a very sensitive person to motion sickness,I used them multiples times with a pretty rough sea condition without any reaction at all"

yolane August 17, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This was a first time I had tried the patch. I was nervous after having read some of the side effects and reviews. I had put the patch on a few hours prior to a whale watching trip. The waters were very rough and choppy. I normally would have been ill had I not used the patch. It helped my nausea from motion sickness in the car and on the boat trip. I felt tired on the one and half hour car ride back but that could have been from a long day with 3 kids too. Definitely did not effect me like Dramamine does as far as knocking me out to near unconsciousness. I was very please with how it managed my motion sickness. Will be sure to use again when I go on a boat. I may even try it when we go to amusement park's rollercoasters!"

Sick at sea (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I can finally enjoy roller coasters again! I just read AND follow the directions. I've used it on my last 3 amusement park trips. No issues, no problems, no nausea and vomiting after the rides! It's an anticholinergic medication so the side effects are expected, i.e. dry mouth, pupil dilation. They were mild. Drink fluids and wear sunglasses. Let's not be over dramatic."

A. Cordova (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This stuff works fantastically for motion sickness and VR sickness. I got my doctor to give me an RX basically because I wanted to play around with a VR headset yet everything made me sick. In addition if I went to amusement parks, I'd get sick at just about everything. If I read in a car, I get sick. If I got on a boat, even if it's docked, I get sick. 3D movies at the regular movie theater, those make me sick. Certain video games make me sick. Flying on an airplane makes me sick. Everything makes me sick, but with this - it was pure magic. I could do everything above without getting sick. For me I had zero side effects while on it, I felt completely normal using it and had no withdrawal, nothing. I only use it sparingly as it's expensive."

RodneyCMunch July 14, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So it worked... I normally suffer from motion sickness in cars, if I'm not driving. I decided to put the patch on before a 14 hour long international flight... I didn't suffer from any motion sickness but it made me illiterate! I could see fine except for letters and numbers (or basic shapes). So I get to the airport at my destination in Uganda and going through customs I needed to fill out a basic form about the reason for my visit etc... only I couldn't read it to save my life! I'd use it again in an emergency but be aware of the potential side effects."

JMcMusicman (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have severe motion sickness with nausea and vomiting...room spinning....vertigo. ..i put the patch on 4hours before my flight and cruise works excellent for me without the drowsiness, blurred vision and dry mouth. .. It works different on different people But you wont know til you try it"

Mmckenn6867yahoo.com June 24, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have used them on each of my previous four cruises. I am going to use one Sunday for my wedding cruise because they work so well. I had suffered with motion sickness since my childhood and these things really work!!"

TraPut June 22, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I highly recommend it. My husband & I used it on a cruise to Alaska & the waters leaving out of Seattle got pretty rough, we literally were holding on to the walls walking down the hallway. With the bad waves the 1st day I felt a little queasy but I did not get sick. There were couples that it was their 3rd & 4th cruise to Alaska that said the waves were the worst ever & they were sick.... Should have used Transderm. I will never cruise again without it!"

Weesie524 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Used occasionally for over 20 years. The Best anti-nausea without doubt. When I use it, I actually enjoy travelling."

Hoodoo (taken for 10 years or more) March 9, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have suffered from motion sickness my entire life on boats, in cars and on amusement rides. I have used OTC medicines like dramamine but the side effect of sleepiness was so overpowering, I couldn't even enjoy the activity. I recently heard of this wonder drug called Transderm and after reading reviews and speaking to a pharmacist, I decided to put it to the test at Tampa Bay Busch Gardens. WOW!!!!! I had the best time ever. I rode every ride and only one of them made me feel a LITTLE dizzy and nauseous during and briefly after. I did feel a bit drowsy as well for about five minutes but this was minor. The dry mouth was probably the biggest side effect I experienced. Overall, it was a success and I would use again."

WRKS4ME November 30, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Used the patch for my first cruise as I normally suffer from motion Sickness..I only got dry mouth and blurred vision but most people think this is from the patch when in fact its from your fingers after you have touched it or placed it you must always wash your hands as people do tend to scratch or touch eyes and the medication is transferred that was far more than a side effect via the application. I would never go on a cruise without it..Works a treat and can easily last for 4 days. I would highly recommend it."

Doonie68 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This worked great for me. We went fishing on a small boat in the ocean for three days (going out each day) in some pretty choppy seas, and I never felt nauseous, nor did I get sleepy. I hate the drowsiness I get with Dramamine, so this was very welcomed. One patch lasted for all three days, so it was economic, too. The only challenge is ensuring the patch stays on during showers."

Tintinmilou July 8, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have suffered from car sickness (all of my life) and vertigo and motion-sickness for about 10 years now. The last two are triggered by my seasonal allergies. :( Most OTC medicines make me sleepy, but the patch worked great on our 4 day cruise. I was not sick on the 5 hour drive to the ship either. I was even able to look over the balcony at the water!! It also did not make me tired and I plan to use it again on our upcoming cruise!! My husband used Dramamine and was not sick, but had to take a nap after each dosage. Due to his medications, he was not able to use the patch. My teenage son will be using the patch on his first cruise with us because he also suffers like me. I pray his results will be as great!!"

Works Great (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Overall, this is great for preventing motion sickness. I used it for a 5 day cruise and I didn't not get sick. I give this an 8 because it came with some pretty annoying side effects: severe cotton mouth, occasional drowsiness, and really blurred vision."

B116 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Have used this product several times. I use to get motion sickness while on even a row boat.. this stuff really did the trick for me"

keep trucking (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2015