User Reviews for Transderm-Scop to treat Motion Sickness

Transderm-Scop has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 66 ratings for the treatment of Motion Sickness. 59% of those users who reviewed Transderm-Scop reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Transderm-Scop Rating Summary

6.8/10 average rating

Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Motion Sickness.

Reviews for Transderm-Scop

Shtiknit June 10, 2021

“I used the patch for 5 days before taking it off because it didn’t help nausea and I was starting to get blurry vision. 2 days later, I was dealing w/ significantly worse nausea than I had when I was prescribed the drug, my vision was blurrier, had a strong, painful sensitivity to light, felt like my eyes were burning. My dr failed to disclose withdrawal & adverse side effects of the medication. I feared I was going blind and I began forgetting things & feeling disoriented & dizzy. Now it’s been a week since I stopped and I haven’t been able to keep food down in 6 days. This may be a safe drug for most people—my reaction to this medication isn't common, but it’s an intense drug & can cause debilitating symptoms for weeks after using the patch for only days. Be sure you trust your prescribing doc and that he or she discloses possible side effects and risk factors because I assure you that you will prefer motion sickness over the withdrawal symptoms of this medication”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2019

“My daughter had a tonsillectomy two weeks ago. She was still nauseous after taking the patch off, after the three days. Not knowing it was the patch making her feel like she was going to throw up and feeling like a zombie, I called the doctor and he sent a prescription which had four patches. She used three of the patches, and now she is feeling nauseous, motion sickness, and now herself at all.”

Frip · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2019

“I just used for the first time. BE CAREFUL! I was on a cruise. I didn't get sick but had extreme blurred vision, dry mouth and felt like I didn't have "higher brain function". I "couldn't think". I was like a zombie. I felt like I couldn't plan simple chains of thoughts, low motivation and just did not feel like myself. Upon taking it off I got nausea, my mind felt numb, fatigue and I'm on day four of not feeling normal. It's sorta scary. I'm glad I didn't have to immediately go back to work because I seriously could not think straight. I think the cons outweigh the pros and maybe next time I'll try a different product.”

MotionSicknessSucks November 15, 2013

“This medicine is a Godsend. I suffer from SEVERE motion sickness (cars, planes, boats, trains, etc...) Bonine/Dramamine don't work for me at all. I tried the Scop patch and I couldn't believe it, no motion sickness! I was able to make it being a passenger in the car going down the entire pacific coast highway without even feeling slight nausea. If you know what that road is like, you know how crazy that road is for someone with motion sickness. Side effects were light, slight dry mouth, slight dilated pupils, not much drowsiness. Only negative is the withdrawal I had after using 3 patches one after the other, but that was easily controlled with Dramamine. A ”

Nix the Patch August 11, 2017

“DO NOT USE THIS PATCH - I used it for a 7 day cruise and in hindsight probably didn't need it for motion sickness as cruise ships are large without movement unless there is a rare turbulence. While on the patch I had cotton mouth, dry skin, and dilated pupils. After taking the patch off when I got home, I have suffered much more than any motion sickness could have caused. I have had severe headache, neck ache, upset stomach, dizziness, eye issues, and fatigue which has been difficult to be back at work when I planned to come home refreshed from a relaxing vacation. It has been 5 days and it is STILL HORRIBLE and I wonder if I will ever feel normal and good again! This drug should be BANNED!!”

A. Cordova · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2016

“I can finally enjoy roller coasters again! I just read AND follow the directions. I've used it on my last 3 amusement park trips. No issues, no problems, no nausea and vomiting after the rides! It's an anticholinergic medication so the side effects are expected, i.e. dry mouth, pupil dilation. They were mild. Drink fluids and wear sunglasses. Let's not be over dramatic.”

Lime88 March 21, 2019

“3/20/19. I am a 47 year old female. I tried the Transderm-Scop patch to help with motion sickness on thrill rides. First patch fell off that night, so I placed a new patch on the following morning and wore it for 1 1/2 days. I took it off mid-day as it was irritating my skin. Up to that point I was very pleased to be nausea free. Things changed about 8 hours after taking off the patch. Stationary objects in my house began to twist and turn very slowly. For example, my computer monitor appeared to turn my direction, and my ceiling fan blades moved like octopus tentacles. I looked up side effects and read that it can cause hallucinations. Unfortunately, it is still happening 12 hrs later. Now my pupils are slightly dilated, and I'm seeing double, along with slight nausea and a headache. The effectiveness of the medication during use does not outweigh these side effects. It is rather scary to see things that you know are not real, but yet have no control over them.”

Polish Patty · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2013

“My husband used the patch for the first time to a long plane ride to Vegas. He had put on a total of three patches for the duration of our trip there. Upon returning home, he removed the patch and within 24 hours became violently ill. Six days later he has lost ten pounds and gets out of bed only to go to the bathroom. I believe when this patch is dispensed the physician or pharmacy should red flag the drug as far as side affects go. My suggestion is to use with extreme caution.”

RodneyCMunch July 14, 2016

“This stuff works fantastically for motion sickness and VR sickness. I got my doctor to give me an RX basically because I wanted to play around with a VR headset yet everything made me sick. In addition if I went to amusement parks, I'd get sick at just about everything. If I read in a car, I get sick. If I got on a boat, even if it's docked, I get sick. 3D movies at the regular movie theater, those make me sick. Certain video games make me sick. Flying on an airplane makes me sick. Everything makes me sick, but with this - it was pure magic. I could do everything above without getting sick. For me I had zero side effects while on it, I felt completely normal using it and had no withdrawal, nothing. I only use it sparingly as it's expensive.”

NeverAgain2012 · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2012

“My friend and I both used the patch to prevent motion sickness on our first cruise. By day 3 of the cruise, I had double vision, and could not even read the menu at dinner. I also began to get a horrible migraine, complete with flashes of light in my vision. I assumed the patch was wearing off, so I removed the old one and put on a new one. By the morning of day 4, we removed the patch after reading possible side effects on the box. My vision did not return to normal until day 6. I spoke with the doctors in the infirmary, and they said they often see this as a side effect to the medication. My friend experienced the same double vision, although hers began a day behind mine. ”

Jessidoo November 12, 2008

“These patches are a miracle. I get motion sickness just thinking about getting on a boat, or riding a roller coaster let alone going round and round. I used these patches on my first 10 day cruise and didn't get any motion sickness. Even when the boat was rocking so hard that they put up caution tape on all the doors and barf bags on every garbage can; there I was chipper and feeling 100%. The only downfall is the dry mouth, but it is worth not getting sick. I recommend it to anyone.”

Tintinmilou July 8, 2015

“This worked great for me. We went fishing on a small boat in the ocean for three days (going out each day) in some pretty choppy seas, and I never felt nauseous, nor did I get sleepy. I hate the drowsiness I get with Dramamine, so this was very welcomed. One patch lasted for all three days, so it was economic, too. The only challenge is ensuring the patch stays on during showers.”

Anonymous May 12, 2011

“I used this on my first cruise and it worked great. It was a week long cruise so I used two patches (each one lasts three days, and the last day was the travel home so I was no longer on ship). Like many others who have posted here, I had pretty bad side effects that came on almost exactly 24 hours after I removed the second patch -- mostly vertigo and nausea. They lasted 72 hours, the length of one patch dose. I have read that you should only use the patch for one dose, the first three days, long enough to tide you over until your body is used to the constant motion, and that the withdrawals only happen if you keep going past that first three days.”

Kat75 April 15, 2017

“My boyfriend has used this patch many times with success but had slight side effects-mostly blurred vision. I tried it a couple of years ago for our cruise and I had almost every side effect there is to have! I started off almost immediately having blurred vision and my eyes became majorly sensitive to the sunlight. Then I started having a very dry throat (hard time swallowing food), dizziness and my stomach would gurgle (it was weird). I took the patch off when one of the passengers said she got really sick from it. After I took it off, I was ok for about 24 hours and then the real scare happened! I almost completely lost my vision, I could barely see straight and was very dizzy for weeks! This should NOT be on the market!”

Anonymous October 10, 2011

“Wife used the patch, 2 or 3 of them, for an 8 day cruise. She had no sea sickness, but had bad withdrawals. 24 hrs after removing the patch she has nausea, vomiting, dizziness and blurred vision, absolutely miserable for her, and me too. ”

B116 · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2015

“Overall, this is great for preventing motion sickness. I used it for a 5 day cruise and I didn't not get sick. I give this an 8 because it came with some pretty annoying side effects: severe cotton mouth, occasional drowsiness, and really blurred vision.”

VictoriaMP November 6, 2013

“First time I used the patch, I only started using it 2 hours before the flight and took it off as soon as I got to the place I was staying - about 11 hours. I was very sick for 2 weeks - nauseous and vomiting when in a vehicle. I was alright on the flight but not after I took off the patch. The second time I used it, my auntie who introduced me to the Transderm Scop patch told me I have to leave it on for 3 days and only take it off for shower and put it back on the same place making sure it's dry first. This time I was good. Never felt dizzy or nauseous after 3 days of using it. I never use the patch for more than 3 days and only use half of the patch as it is a small round one. Been using it 4 times since 2005 and it is a life saver”

Sick at sea · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2016

“This was a first time I had tried the patch. I was nervous after having read some of the side effects and reviews. I had put the patch on a few hours prior to a whale watching trip. The waters were very rough and choppy. I normally would have been ill had I not used the patch. It helped my nausea from motion sickness in the car and on the boat trip. I felt tired on the one and half hour car ride back but that could have been from a long day with 3 kids too. Definitely did not effect me like Dramamine does as far as knocking me out to near unconsciousness. I was very please with how it managed my motion sickness. Will be sure to use again when I go on a boat. I may even try it when we go to amusement park's rollercoasters!”

spiridus September 26, 2016

“While this medication did take away my travel sickness, I had blurred vision all week and now severe blurred vision 3 days after removing the patch and I did wash my hands after applying each patch. I was extremely thirsty the entire week, extreme dry mouth. Approximately 24 hours after removing the patch, I felt so dizzy and severely nauseous for 2 days. I was vomiting the first of those 2 days. I should have heeded everyone's warnings about this toxic medication! I will never go near it again!!”

Works Great · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2015

“I have suffered from car sickness (all of my life) and vertigo and motion-sickness for about 10 years now. The last two are triggered by my seasonal allergies. :( Most OTC medicines make me sleepy, but the patch worked great on our 4 day cruise. I was not sick on the 5 hour drive to the ship either. I was even able to look over the balcony at the water!! It also did not make me tired and I plan to use it again on our upcoming cruise!! My husband used Dramamine and was not sick, but had to take a nap after each dosage. Due to his medications, he was not able to use the patch. My teenage son will be using the patch on his first cruise with us because he also suffers like me. I pray his results will be as great!!”

Weesie524 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 5, 2016

“I highly recommend it. My husband & I used it on a cruise to Alaska & the waters leaving out of Seattle got pretty rough, we literally were holding on to the walls walking down the hallway. With the bad waves the 1st day I felt a little queasy but I did not get sick. There were couples that it was their 3rd & 4th cruise to Alaska that said the waves were the worst ever & they were sick.... Should have used Transderm. I will never cruise again without it!”

Trekgirl · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2017

“Worked great for motion sickness on our cruise, but day 1 of using it I felt very confused and drugged. Experienced extreme dry mouth, and now 5 days after discontinuing the patch I still feel some measure of dry mouth, although not as extreme as when using the patch. I still feel some measure of disorientation as well, but that seems to be getting better each day. My stomach seems to be not quite normal as well. Probably will explore other methods of motion sickness prevention in the future. Side effects were just too strong for me.”

Waka that jones January 4, 2017

“The first few times 5, I used the patch I thought it was a godsend.however,this last time I used it on a 6 hour flight I began to have blurred vision.extreme dry mouth the scariest side effect was hallucinations. I did not know who I was or where I was thank goodness II was not traveling alone.DANGEROUS. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!”

Father Blake · Taken for 10 years or more May 19, 2013

“I get extreme motion sickness. Cannot even drive without making myself sick on occasion, while I am driving. So you can imagine when we go to Disney land with the kids I end up waiting for my kids to ride the rides. Until I was given a prescription for Transderm-Scop. This stuff works. I've been deep sea fishing, universal studios in Orlando to their roller coaster park, sailing and everything that normally I couldn't participate in doing with my kids and family. This definitely works. Changed my life and now I am able to experience all the Dunn with kids face to face - side by side.”

yobuck January 6, 2011

“Used it on my 7 day cruise. Worked wonderfully during the cruise. No side effects and no nausea, even with 12 to 18 foot seas. About a day after I took the patch off, started having double/blurred vision and am extremely tired, even with 8 1/2 to 9 hours sleep. 4 days later and am still having blurred/double vision and still tired. ”

LYCruiser May 26, 2017

“Used this for an Alaskan cruise (over a 10 day period). It worked great for the cruise. I normally get extremely motion sick but I maybe just had a slight sick sensation a couple of times during the whole trip. However, after I got home, a few hours after I removed the last patch, I became very nauseated. I ended up missing 3 days of work due to very bad nausea. I got some phenergran from my doctor that helped to relieve it. I'm not sure how long the nausea would have lasted without it. Probably won't use the patch again.”

TraPut June 22, 2016

“I have used them on each of my previous four cruises. I am going to use one Sunday for my wedding cruise because they work so well. I had suffered with motion sickness since my childhood and these things really work!!”

Toni$ · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 23, 2013

“I was on small military ships for 5 yrs. Used Transderm Scop ALOT. By far, it's the most effective seasickness medicine that I encountered; I tried a great deal of those other medicines. With all powerful meds, however, come serious side effects. The worst is that it made me feel generally weird and depressed - I cringe when I think of putting a patch on. It gave me dry mouth and a bad after-taste. Lastly, it blurred my vision slightly. IF you time it right (put it on 4 hr before the heavy seas), you'll be seasick free. If you DON'T time it right (such as you exceed the 4 hr window b/c the heavy seas don't come rt away), you'll still have positive results, though not as effective. With it, I could concentrate and work well in any sea state.”

Learn more about Motion Sickness