User Reviews for Bonine

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Bonine.

Nausea/Vomiting

Motion Sickness
8.9

Vertigo
8.8

Summary of Bonine reviews 8.9 35 reviews

Reviews for Bonine

For Motion Sickness "Bonine is a game changer!!!! My husband & I have a 28 ft boat which my husband loves offshore fishing!! But I get terrible sea sickness! Even if it's less than a foot! Tried Dramamine and it never worked I would be green in less than an hour!! But then I discovered Bonine "God Sent" took 1 pill! The chewable & lasted all day fishing! Not too mention it was rough seas about 2 1/2 to 3 feet!! It was amazing!! So I'm sold definitely a Bonine fan. It was a game changer for me! This stuff truly work."

123blinky September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "My sister and I have a long history of motion sickness: a rocking chair or porch swing is enough to set it off for us! This summer we took a trip to Jordan, Israel, Greece and Italy where we traveled on planes, buses, trains and ferries and rode in taxis, rented cars and jeeps--and camels and donkeys in the desert!--without any trouble at all, as long as we took our Bonine every morning. We can't say enough about this product's efficacy!"

KSparrow September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I have been on both a 5 day cruise and just returned from a 7 day cruise. Was introduced to Bonine on first cruise by a friend, also on the cruise, who provided the Bonine for all 4 "cruisers"; not one got seasick. This last 7 day cruise, I took my 14 yr old daughter who also did not get sick. It did make me a little drowsy so I skipped it one morning we were in port for the day. I forgot to take it when I re-boarded the boat and was feeling woozy and remembered I hadn't taken it that morning. I popped the Bonine and immediately felt fine. Have not heard of any friends being successful with prescribed seasick meds, and not one complaint taking the Bonine. Thank you Bonine for a fabulous 7 days!"

VickieJ. August 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I took Bonine for sea sickness prevention. In the middle of the night, I had a seizure and was hospitalized for one day."

Lars2 May 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I have had 2 middle ear operations. Half my coclea is gone so my equilibrium is constantly off.. very dizzy all the time! Bonine is a god send!"

Baby Gi (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo "This is great stuff. I've had vertigo for 48 years and this works better than the prescription medicine."

Bonobo November 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "works better on a mostly empty stomach. Took 2 bonine 25 mg pills an hour and a half before my flight, felt virtually no motion sickness on the initial flights or connections. It works!"

Hate flying (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I hadn't been on a plane in 6 years, and I had 2 back to back flights in which I was extremely sick and threw up. I took 2 Bonine for the flight back home and I felt absolutely no motion sickness!!! I'm so thankful I got Bonine, now I don't dread airplanes anymore!"

Plane sick no more! August 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo "I have suffered 4 bouts of benign positional vertigo in the last ten years. It comes on without warning. I always carry Meclizine with me.I get it over the counter. It helps, but it still takes me anywhere from a week to a month to get over the vertigo. At the beginning of the vertigo I take a 25 mg.tablet every 24 hours, but it makes me very sleepy and tired and "hung over"....but I'm able to get out of bed and do things. As the vertigo subsides, I take 1/2 of a tablet once a day and that seems to have fewer side effects. The only thing I've found that really cures the vertigo over a couple of weeks are the exercises I do 3x a day. Got them from a physical therapist. Along with the Meclizine, I seem to eventually get better."

Birdie A March 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I wanted to take a helicopter ride while on a trip to Kauai. I have a horrible history of motion sickness. Someone suggested Bonine so I tried that. I not only made it through the entire 90 minute ride, but I actually enjoyed it and didn't once have the horrible motion sick feeling. "

RJarman October 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I love to fish but would get very seasick. Once I discovered Bonine I never got seasick again! I take one the day before and one just before i get on the boat. Works great!"

Mrocciarm September 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "My youngest son gets carsick after being in the car for 30 minutes. I discovered these tablets and give him a half of a pill an hour before we leave as directed, and he's golden. He does not experience drowsiness and acts like his normal self. Trips have become manageable now and I don't cringe with the puke bucket."

Working Mom of 2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I learned to sail keelboats 8 years ago. I love it, but am prone to seasickness. I tried ginger initially but that was ineffective. Then a friend suggested Bonine and I have used it ever since. I don't feel drowsy while sailing, but on the drive home after sailing and all the next day I can be very drowsy. To combat the drowsiness I tried reducing my dose, I now take 1/3-1/2 a tablet each time I go out (once or twice a week), increasing the dose up to 1-1/2 tablets if I expect rough seas. Over the 7 years of twice a week use, I have only had trouble twice in stormy 6 ft seas. Highly recommend, but figure out your best dose. I have taken it for up to 10 days continuously without ill effects."

dlb333 March 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "Bonine works great for when vertigo hits from additional fluid in your balance mechanism in your inner ear. Even when no cruising or flying . However be careful of the getting pregnant warning."

Drewdrew2 January 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo "I have had vertigo for 4 years now and Bonine is the only thing that helps me, I have these on hand wherever I go and could not function right without them. The heaviness in head and the dizziness, I feel it coming on and take two and I'm fine about 20 minutes later. I highly recommend Bonine for vertigo symptoms."

hark33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 30, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "On the advise of a friend my wife and I started taking Bonine 24 hrs before we departed on a small ship cruise in the Caribbean. It was the best advise we could have gotten because at night while traveling between the islands the weather was very very rough. Over half the people on the cruise were extremely sea sick and miserable. We felt fine and had no issues at all. I highly recommend this product."

Itwasrough September 18, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I didn't get motion sickness until AFTER we got off our 7 day cruise. I have been fighting nausea and dizziness for a week now (The doctor said it is normal to suffer this after a cruise), after reading these reviews, I went and bought Bonine. I took one pill and I feel great! Sure wish I had researched this a week ago!"

Helenvb66 June 18, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "My husband and I went on a 3 night Bahamas cruise for a romantic getaway.. I get "sea sick" when traveling at times, but was thinking big ship = less motion? Wrong! I was sick by dinner @6pm and we boarded at 4pm. I was so upset :( crying, nauseous, disappointed. My husband & I went to the gift shop & found Bonine. I took 2 & got very drowsy but no more sea sickness. I decided the next dose I would take 1 pill & see if that went better..it did! So for the rest I'd the trip I took 1 pill every recommended dosing time, and I did not have sickness or drowsiness again. Bonine was amazing for me! Highly recommend it and it was worth every penny."

JVC0914 March 29, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vertigo "I took 2 Bonine tablets (1-2 tabs recommended on label) and felt ok - was able to drive and go to places. Took another one before bed and I overslept only to wake up with a heavy headedness, like I was on antidepressants. Did not like the feeling and did not want to go driving under these conditions."

Anonymous August 20, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "A friend of mine told me to take Bonine because I have horrible morning sickness. I'm pregnant with my third child and it's an awful thing to have to chase after two kids with morning sickness! It worked wonders for me. I would tell everyone to at least try it!"

Anonymous April 17, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "Bonine is a miracle if you are bothered by motion sickness. I take a caffeine pill, with Bonine to combat drowsiness. The combination of the two, is a winner for me."

Anonymous September 27, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "Bonine did not work at all for me and I really suffered during a 2-hour flight."

Janabob August 11, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I have to swallow two tablets an hour before I expect motion sickness to occur (getting on a plane, riding in a car, etc.) and it totally works. Doesn't work instantly for me though. I also took this for nausea due to pregnancy and it helped with that too. I highly recommend Bonine!"

Anonymous June 16, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "I took it prior to leaving on a cruise and it worked very well. I took it every day that we were at sea. I highly recommend this medication."

Anonymous June 16, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "Hated the taste of the chewable Bonine and did not help with my motion sickness."

Christine P. March 7, 2011