User Reviews for Bonine

Bonine has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 45 ratings on Drugs.com. 87% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Motion Sickness
8.6
Vertigo
8.2
Nausea/Vomiting
Summary of Bonine reviews 8.5 45 reviews

Reviews for Bonine

ROB · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2021

For Vertigo: “Had a rare Vertigo attack (very dizzy); took Bonine (1) Tablet, and with in :30-:60 mins the dizziness subsided. Took another dose (4) hours later, and the Vertigo was gone. Highly recommend this drug. I also performed Vertigo relief head posturing, in addition; to clear the inner ear of crystalized mineral deposits that cause Vertigo.”

Birdie A March 13, 2016

For Vertigo: “I have suffered 4 bouts of benign positional vertigo in the last ten years. It comes on without warning. I always carry Meclizine with me.I get it over the counter. It helps, but it still takes me anywhere from a week to a month to get over the vertigo. At the beginning of the vertigo I take a 25 mg.tablet every 24 hours, but it makes me very sleepy and tired and "hung over"....but I'm able to get out of bed and do things. As the vertigo subsides, I take 1/2 of a tablet once a day and that seems to have fewer side effects. The only thing I've found that really cures the vertigo over a couple of weeks are the exercises I do 3x a day. Got them from a physical therapist. Along with the Meclizine, I seem to eventually get better.”

So · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2019

For Vertigo: “Suddenly gotten vertigo after my ear got fluid in it from a sinus infection that wasn’t fully cleared from other antibiotics. I ended up feeling so bad for 3 days and bed ridden until I got this yesterday and actually been able to function. I been able to take a shower and make food and wake up without the room spinning! I have to take 3 times a day as directed by my doctor. Only down fall it makes you super drowsy! The drowsiness caused me to slept throughout the night since I have gotten vertigo, which was good since I haven’t slept in days. Get this if you suffering from vertigo it saved me.”

hark33 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 30, 2014

For Vertigo: “I have had vertigo for 4 years now and Bonine is the only thing that helps me, I have these on hand wherever I go and could not function right without them. The heaviness in head and the dizziness, I feel it coming on and take two and I'm fine about 20 minutes later. I highly recommend Bonine for vertigo symptoms.”

FuzzyPenguin · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2019

For Vertigo: “I took one chewable tablet and have been drowsy and out of it for two days now. I've had severe nausea that comes in waves, dry mouth, a headache, and blurred vision this whole time. My heart rate is also very high. Overall I feel like I'm in a daze, can't think straight, and just not very well overall. I will never take this medication again and I hope it wears off soon.”

A.K June 30, 2018

For Vertigo: “I've never taken bonine but I know it's the generic of dramamine which is the generic for meclizine that I do take. I had my first attack of vertigo when I was 27 now I'm thirty and it has come again all of a sudden. The first time I took meclizine it worked like a charm but now that I'm starting on it again I haven't felt anything but drowsy. I hope it works like it did 3 years ago but this time I'm going to stay on it much longer than I did the last time.”

Anonymous November 9, 2008

For Motion Sickness: “I went on a 4 day, 3 night cruise with my identical twin. Both of us had previously taken Dramamine but neither of us liked it due to the sleepiness. She bought some Bonine while I had my doctor write me a prescription for the back-ear sticker. Both of us took our medicines 12 hours before getting on our plane. I got tired while she enjoyed poking me and making fun. The back ear patch didnt work, because I got sick with in minutes of being on the ship. My sister forced me to take the patch off and made me take the Bonine. We had a great trip. We swear by Bonine and our family and friends love it too. ”

Tom S. May 24, 2010

For Vertigo: “I have recently had several episodes of vertigo, likely due to ear problems. I was recommended meclizine by a doctor and it worked very well. I had expected to have to go to bed, but I was able to go to a friend's house for dinner. I did feel sleepy the next day, however.”

Itwasrough September 18, 2013

For Motion Sickness: “On the advise of a friend my wife and I started taking Bonine 24 hrs before we departed on a small ship cruise in the Caribbean. It was the best advise we could have gotten because at night while traveling between the islands the weather was very very rough. Over half the people on the cruise were extremely sea sick and miserable. We felt fine and had no issues at all. I highly recommend this product.”

Helenvb66 June 18, 2013

For Motion Sickness: “I didn't get motion sickness until AFTER we got off our 7 day cruise. I have been fighting nausea and dizziness for a week now (The doctor said it is normal to suffer this after a cruise), after reading these reviews, I went and bought Bonine. I took one pill and I feel great! Sure wish I had researched this a week ago!”

Anonymous August 20, 2012

For Vertigo: “I took 2 Bonine tablets (1-2 tabs recommended on label) and felt ok - was able to drive and go to places. Took another one before bed and I overslept only to wake up with a heavy headedness, like I was on antidepressants. Did not like the feeling and did not want to go driving under these conditions.”

JVC0914 March 29, 2013

For Motion Sickness: “My husband and I went on a 3 night Bahamas cruise for a romantic getaway.. I get "sea sick" when traveling at times, but was thinking big ship = less motion? Wrong! I was sick by dinner @6pm and we boarded at 4pm. I was so upset :( crying, nauseous, disappointed. My husband & I went to the gift shop & found Bonine. I took 2 & got very drowsy but no more sea sickness. I decided the next dose I would take 1 pill & see if that went better..it did! So for the rest I'd the trip I took 1 pill every recommended dosing time, and I did not have sickness or drowsiness again. Bonine was amazing for me! Highly recommend it and it was worth every penny.”

dlb333 March 3, 2015

For Motion Sickness: “I learned to sail keelboats 8 years ago. I love it, but am prone to seasickness. I tried ginger initially but that was ineffective. Then a friend suggested Bonine and I have used it ever since. I don't feel drowsy while sailing, but on the drive home after sailing and all the next day I can be very drowsy. To combat the drowsiness I tried reducing my dose, I now take 1/3-1/2 a tablet each time I go out (once or twice a week), increasing the dose up to 1-1/2 tablets if I expect rough seas. Over the 7 years of twice a week use, I have only had trouble twice in stormy 6 ft seas. Highly recommend, but figure out your best dose. I have taken it for up to 10 days continuously without ill effects.”

Anonymous April 6, 2009

For Motion Sickness: “We are cruisers and have been on many since 1980. My doctor at the time told me to try Bonine, and it has gotten me through many a rough sea and I'm always able to enjoy myself. I have forgotten to take it twice and each time got motion sickness. So I always recommend it to family, friends and other new cruisers.”

123blinky September 24, 2017

For Motion Sickness: “Bonine is a game changer!!!! My husband & I have a 28 ft boat which my husband loves offshore fishing!! But I get terrible sea sickness! Even if it's less than a foot! Tried Dramamine and it never worked I would be green in less than an hour!! But then I discovered Bonine "God Sent" took 1 pill! The chewable & lasted all day fishing! Not too mention it was rough seas about 2 1/2 to 3 feet!! It was amazing!! So I'm sold definitely a Bonine fan. It was a game changer for me! This stuff truly work.”

Working Mom of 2 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 25, 2015

For Motion Sickness: “My youngest son gets carsick after being in the car for 30 minutes. I discovered these tablets and give him a half of a pill an hour before we leave as directed, and he's golden. He does not experience drowsiness and acts like his normal self. Trips have become manageable now and I don't cringe with the puke bucket.”

RJarman October 28, 2015

For Motion Sickness: “I wanted to take a helicopter ride while on a trip to Kauai. I have a horrible history of motion sickness. Someone suggested Bonine so I tried that. I not only made it through the entire 90 minute ride, but I actually enjoyed it and didn't once have the horrible motion sick feeling. ”

melibrym May 18, 2009

For Motion Sickness: “Took Bonine for a 3 hour flight and it worked great. I get motion sickness very easily and Bonine stopped the nausea and dizziness. I did have some drowsiness, but I will take that over the dizziness and nausea any day.”

Plane sick no more! August 23, 2016

For Motion Sickness: “I hadn't been on a plane in 6 years, and I had 2 back to back flights in which I was extremely sick and threw up. I took 2 Bonine for the flight back home and I felt absolutely no motion sickness!!! I'm so thankful I got Bonine, now I don't dread airplanes anymore!”

Anonymous July 14, 2009

For Motion Sickness: “Both my son and I took this on a diving trip and it worked great. No side effects. I have high blood pressure and had no effects that I could tell. We took 1 the night before and 1 an hour before the boat left the dock.”

Anonymous April 17, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting: “A friend of mine told me to take Bonine because I have horrible morning sickness. I'm pregnant with my third child and it's an awful thing to have to chase after two kids with morning sickness! It worked wonders for me. I would tell everyone to at least try it!”

Theresa November 12, 2019

For Motion Sickness: “I took Bonine on recommendation before going to Universal Studios as some of the motion simulated rides there make me feel nauseous. It’s been 2.5 days and I am still so incredibly drowsy. I’ve been drinking lots of water each day to try and flush it out if my system, but it seems to be taking an incredibly long time to wear off completely. I won’t be taking this again. I’m going back to Dramamine.”

sfckusarmy · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Although bonine does not take all of the nausea away, it takes it away enough to avoid vomiting when the stomach bug is running its course. Although not indicated for gastroenteritis (aka "stomach flu"), I have used it on many occasions as I own a business; and any day not at work is lost income. Note- Dramamine, another motion sickness medicine, works even better in my opinion.”

KSparrow September 7, 2017

For Motion Sickness: “My sister and I have a long history of motion sickness: a rocking chair or porch swing is enough to set it off for us! This summer we took a trip to Jordan, Israel, Greece and Italy where we traveled on planes, buses, trains and ferries and rode in taxis, rented cars and jeeps--and camels and donkeys in the desert!--without any trouble at all, as long as we took our Bonine every morning. We can't say enough about this product's efficacy!”

VickieJ. August 21, 2017

For Motion Sickness: “I have been on both a 5 day cruise and just returned from a 7 day cruise. Was introduced to Bonine on first cruise by a friend, also on the cruise, who provided the Bonine for all 4 "cruisers"; not one got seasick. This last 7 day cruise, I took my 14 yr old daughter who also did not get sick. It did make me a little drowsy so I skipped it one morning we were in port for the day. I forgot to take it when I re-boarded the boat and was feeling woozy and remembered I hadn't taken it that morning. I popped the Bonine and immediately felt fine. Have not heard of any friends being successful with prescribed seasick meds, and not one complaint taking the Bonine. Thank you Bonine for a fabulous 7 days!”