User Reviews for Bonine

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Bonine.

Bonine Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Motion Sickness.

Reviews for Bonine to treat Motion Sickness

"Bonine is a game changer!!!! My husband & I have a 28 ft boat which my husband loves offshore fishing!! But I get terrible sea sickness! Even if it's less than a foot! Tried Dramamine and it never worked I would be green in less than an hour!! But then I discovered Bonine "God Sent" took 1 pill! The chewable & lasted all day fishing! Not too mention it was rough seas about 2 1/2 to 3 feet!! It was amazing!! So I'm sold definitely a Bonine fan. It was a game changer for me! This stuff truly work."

123blinky September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My sister and I have a long history of motion sickness: a rocking chair or porch swing is enough to set it off for us! This summer we took a trip to Jordan, Israel, Greece and Italy where we traveled on planes, buses, trains and ferries and rode in taxis, rented cars and jeeps--and camels and donkeys in the desert!--without any trouble at all, as long as we took our Bonine every morning. We can't say enough about this product's efficacy!"

KSparrow September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on both a 5 day cruise and just returned from a 7 day cruise. Was introduced to Bonine on first cruise by a friend, also on the cruise, who provided the Bonine for all 4 "cruisers"; not one got seasick. This last 7 day cruise, I took my 14 yr old daughter who also did not get sick. It did make me a little drowsy so I skipped it one morning we were in port for the day. I forgot to take it when I re-boarded the boat and was feeling woozy and remembered I hadn't taken it that morning. I popped the Bonine and immediately felt fine. Have not heard of any friends being successful with prescribed seasick meds, and not one complaint taking the Bonine. Thank you Bonine for a fabulous 7 days!"

VickieJ. August 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Bonine for sea sickness prevention. In the middle of the night, I had a seizure and was hospitalized for one day."

Lars2 May 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had 2 middle ear operations. Half my coclea is gone so my equilibrium is constantly off.. very dizzy all the time! Bonine is a god send!"

Baby Gi (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"works better on a mostly empty stomach. Took 2 bonine 25 mg pills an hour and a half before my flight, felt virtually no motion sickness on the initial flights or connections. It works!"

Hate flying (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I hadn't been on a plane in 6 years, and I had 2 back to back flights in which I was extremely sick and threw up. I took 2 Bonine for the flight back home and I felt absolutely no motion sickness!!! I'm so thankful I got Bonine, now I don't dread airplanes anymore!"

Plane sick no more! August 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I wanted to take a helicopter ride while on a trip to Kauai. I have a horrible history of motion sickness. Someone suggested Bonine so I tried that. I not only made it through the entire 90 minute ride, but I actually enjoyed it and didn't once have the horrible motion sick feeling. "

RJarman October 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love to fish but would get very seasick. Once I discovered Bonine I never got seasick again! I take one the day before and one just before i get on the boat. Works great!"

Mrocciarm September 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My youngest son gets carsick after being in the car for 30 minutes. I discovered these tablets and give him a half of a pill an hour before we leave as directed, and he's golden. He does not experience drowsiness and acts like his normal self. Trips have become manageable now and I don't cringe with the puke bucket."

Working Mom of 2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I learned to sail keelboats 8 years ago. I love it, but am prone to seasickness. I tried ginger initially but that was ineffective. Then a friend suggested Bonine and I have used it ever since. I don't feel drowsy while sailing, but on the drive home after sailing and all the next day I can be very drowsy. To combat the drowsiness I tried reducing my dose, I now take 1/3-1/2 a tablet each time I go out (once or twice a week), increasing the dose up to 1-1/2 tablets if I expect rough seas. Over the 7 years of twice a week use, I have only had trouble twice in stormy 6 ft seas. Highly recommend, but figure out your best dose. I have taken it for up to 10 days continuously without ill effects."

dlb333 March 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Bonine works great for when vertigo hits from additional fluid in your balance mechanism in your inner ear. Even when no cruising or flying . However be careful of the getting pregnant warning."

Drewdrew2 January 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"On the advise of a friend my wife and I started taking Bonine 24 hrs before we departed on a small ship cruise in the Caribbean. It was the best advise we could have gotten because at night while traveling between the islands the weather was very very rough. Over half the people on the cruise were extremely sea sick and miserable. We felt fine and had no issues at all. I highly recommend this product."

Itwasrough September 18, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I didn't get motion sickness until AFTER we got off our 7 day cruise. I have been fighting nausea and dizziness for a week now (The doctor said it is normal to suffer this after a cruise), after reading these reviews, I went and bought Bonine. I took one pill and I feel great! Sure wish I had researched this a week ago!"

Helenvb66 June 18, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My husband and I went on a 3 night Bahamas cruise for a romantic getaway.. I get "sea sick" when traveling at times, but was thinking big ship = less motion? Wrong! I was sick by dinner @6pm and we boarded at 4pm. I was so upset :( crying, nauseous, disappointed. My husband & I went to the gift shop & found Bonine. I took 2 & got very drowsy but no more sea sickness. I decided the next dose I would take 1 pill & see if that went better..it did! So for the rest I'd the trip I took 1 pill every recommended dosing time, and I did not have sickness or drowsiness again. Bonine was amazing for me! Highly recommend it and it was worth every penny."

JVC0914 March 29, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Bonine is a miracle if you are bothered by motion sickness. I take a caffeine pill, with Bonine to combat drowsiness. The combination of the two, is a winner for me."

Anonymous September 27, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Bonine did not work at all for me and I really suffered during a 2-hour flight."

Janabob August 11, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have to swallow two tablets an hour before I expect motion sickness to occur (getting on a plane, riding in a car, etc.) and it totally works. Doesn't work instantly for me though. I also took this for nausea due to pregnancy and it helped with that too. I highly recommend Bonine!"

Anonymous June 16, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took it prior to leaving on a cruise and it worked very well. I took it every day that we were at sea. I highly recommend this medication."

Anonymous June 16, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hated the taste of the chewable Bonine and did not help with my motion sickness."

Christine P. March 7, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works great, makes me a little drowsy. I would not take it if I am driving."

Free Fred May 15, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Both my son and I took this on a diving trip and it worked great. No side effects. I have high blood pressure and had no effects that I could tell. We took 1 the night before and 1 an hour before the boat left the dock."

Anonymous July 14, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took Bonine for a 3 hour flight and it worked great. I get motion sickness very easily and Bonine stopped the nausea and dizziness. I did have some drowsiness, but I will take that over the dizziness and nausea any day."

melibrym May 18, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"We are cruisers and have been on many since 1980. My doctor at the time told me to try Bonine, and it has gotten me through many a rough sea and I'm always able to enjoy myself. I have forgotten to take it twice and each time got motion sickness. So I always recommend it to family, friends and other new cruisers."

Anonymous April 6, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It worked immediately. I was on a cruise ship and as soon as I popped it into my mouth the vertigo and nausea disappeared for 24 hours. No drowsiness."

Anonymous December 15, 2008