User Reviews for Bonine to treat Vertigo

Bonine has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Vertigo. 82% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Bonine Rating Summary

8.2/10 average rating

Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Vertigo.

Reviews for Bonine

ROB · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2021

“Had a rare Vertigo attack (very dizzy); took Bonine (1) Tablet, and with in :30-:60 mins the dizziness subsided. Took another dose (4) hours later, and the Vertigo was gone. Highly recommend this drug. I also performed Vertigo relief head posturing, in addition; to clear the inner ear of crystalized mineral deposits that cause Vertigo.”

Birdie A March 13, 2016

“I have suffered 4 bouts of benign positional vertigo in the last ten years. It comes on without warning. I always carry Meclizine with me.I get it over the counter. It helps, but it still takes me anywhere from a week to a month to get over the vertigo. At the beginning of the vertigo I take a 25 mg.tablet every 24 hours, but it makes me very sleepy and tired and "hung over"....but I'm able to get out of bed and do things. As the vertigo subsides, I take 1/2 of a tablet once a day and that seems to have fewer side effects. The only thing I've found that really cures the vertigo over a couple of weeks are the exercises I do 3x a day. Got them from a physical therapist. Along with the Meclizine, I seem to eventually get better.”

So · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2019

“Suddenly gotten vertigo after my ear got fluid in it from a sinus infection that wasn’t fully cleared from other antibiotics. I ended up feeling so bad for 3 days and bed ridden until I got this yesterday and actually been able to function. I been able to take a shower and make food and wake up without the room spinning! I have to take 3 times a day as directed by my doctor. Only down fall it makes you super drowsy! The drowsiness caused me to slept throughout the night since I have gotten vertigo, which was good since I haven’t slept in days. Get this if you suffering from vertigo it saved me.”

hark33 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 30, 2014

“I have had vertigo for 4 years now and Bonine is the only thing that helps me, I have these on hand wherever I go and could not function right without them. The heaviness in head and the dizziness, I feel it coming on and take two and I'm fine about 20 minutes later. I highly recommend Bonine for vertigo symptoms.”

FuzzyPenguin · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2019

“I took one chewable tablet and have been drowsy and out of it for two days now. I've had severe nausea that comes in waves, dry mouth, a headache, and blurred vision this whole time. My heart rate is also very high. Overall I feel like I'm in a daze, can't think straight, and just not very well overall. I will never take this medication again and I hope it wears off soon.”

A.K June 30, 2018

“I've never taken bonine but I know it's the generic of dramamine which is the generic for meclizine that I do take. I had my first attack of vertigo when I was 27 now I'm thirty and it has come again all of a sudden. The first time I took meclizine it worked like a charm but now that I'm starting on it again I haven't felt anything but drowsy. I hope it works like it did 3 years ago but this time I'm going to stay on it much longer than I did the last time.”

Tom S. May 24, 2010

“I have recently had several episodes of vertigo, likely due to ear problems. I was recommended meclizine by a doctor and it worked very well. I had expected to have to go to bed, but I was able to go to a friend's house for dinner. I did feel sleepy the next day, however.”

Anonymous August 20, 2012

“I took 2 Bonine tablets (1-2 tabs recommended on label) and felt ok - was able to drive and go to places. Took another one before bed and I overslept only to wake up with a heavy headedness, like I was on antidepressants. Did not like the feeling and did not want to go driving under these conditions.”

Anonymous June 23, 2008

“This drug was prescribed for me by a Doctor in 1983 for vertigo. It worked beautifully and I occasionally take it when needed yet today.”

Bonobo November 9, 2016

“This is great stuff. I've had vertigo for 48 years and this works better than the prescription medicine.”

Anonymous January 21, 2010

“This was my first time having Vertigo. It lasted 4 days and the medication helped but by the 3rd day my head was killing me. Don't know if this is normal.”

Learn more about Vertigo