User Reviews for Meclizine (Page 6)

Also known as: Antivert, Bonine, Dramamine Less Drowsy, Motion-Time, Dramamine All Day Less Drowsy, Travel Sickness, Antrizine, Dramamine II, D-Vert, Driminate II, Help I'm Nauseous Travel-Ease Sea-Calm

Nausea/Vomiting 9.0
Motion Sickness 8.5
Vertigo 7.1
Summary of Meclizine reviews 7.6 185 reviews

Reviews for Meclizine

NicAlbrecht · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 15, 2013

For Vertigo: “This helps my vertigo quite quickly but, leaves me very sleepy after a short while. I can only take half of a 25 mg tablet at a time.”

Mrediam April 29, 2013

For Motion Sickness: “Used it for scuba diving from a boat. Before using meclizine, couldn't keep my stomach contents where they belonged. Ruined several dive trips. After taking 25mg, I got to watch the other divers handing over the boat feeding the fish with their breakfast. Heavy seas, no problem. Got it at Target.”

bigbird 63 · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2013

For Vertigo: “It worked but the first day of taking after my vertigo issue I slept all day & all night. Took second day and all I did was sleep, I can't take it and function and definitely go to work and take it. I walk around in a fog even if try to keep busy while taking during the day.”

Joshua I. G. · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 15, 2013

For Vertigo: “I use meclizine for chronic vertigo related to Ramsay Hunt Syndrome and FMS. It is the only thing I've found to stop the spin, or at least make it less extreme.”

JVC0914 March 29, 2013

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “My husband and I went on a 3 night Bahamas cruise for a romantic getaway.. I get "sea sick" when traveling at times, but was thinking big ship = less motion? Wrong! I was sick by dinner @6pm and we boarded at 4pm. I was so upset :( crying, nauseous, disappointed. My husband & I went to the gift shop & found Bonine. I took 2 & got very drowsy but no more sea sickness. I decided the next dose I would take 1 pill & see if that went better..it did! So for the rest I'd the trip I took 1 pill every recommended dosing time, and I did not have sickness or drowsiness again. Bonine was amazing for me! Highly recommend it and it was worth every penny.”

Al Peters March 17, 2013

For Vertigo: “My Dr prescribed 25MG tablets of meclizine a couple of years ago. I take it on an "as needed" basis and it has taken care of the times I have symptoms of lightheadedness or dizziness, maybe once or twice a month. I have had no side effects and sleep well with or without the tablet and can drive with no problem.”

Mix March 9, 2013

For Vertigo: “The vertigo seem to go away. I only experience it now when I lay down and only for a few seconds. But I noticed something different and I don't know if it is the effect of the medicine. My senses seemed heightened, especially my sense of smell. And my awareness seem to be on the edge too. A sudden sound or even a suspenseful scene in a movie cranks my adrenaline. My son dropped his bottle of milk and I thought I would have a heart attack! My heart jumped at the sudden noise.”

Jdk41 February 13, 2013

For Motion Sickness: “I use to dread flights, elevators and fishing trips because of sickness. Took Bonine on a snorkeling trip and was actually able to eat on the boat! It really works for me and I am amazed because I have tried everything and doubted this medication would help. I highly recommend Meclizine!”

GibbyGirl · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have poor tolerance of many medicines but was given Meclizine when I became extremely ill on a cruise. It (chewable form) calmed my stomach within 1/2 an hour and gave me the best night's sleep in a long time! Next morning, I was like a new person. I used it again after gall bladder surgery when other medicines (Zofran, Compazine) produced horrible side effects, & again just last week when I had stomach "flu"...the doctor was skeptical and wrote a script for Zofran anyway, but the meclizine worked SO much better for quelling the nausea. I generally think that drugs do more harm than good but when you're lying on the floor unable to keep down food or water & something (meclizine) relieves that, it's like a miracle.”

Sammijo1122 January 19, 2013

For Vertigo: “This really helped me with the nausea and dizziness of Vertigo. It does make one VERY sleepy. I could only take a HALF of a 25mg pill. It's been 2 days and I am still sleepy, but it helps so much”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 25, 2012

For Vertigo: “I have Meniere's disease. When it hits I am on the floor in the bathroom nauseous for hours. I take meclizine at any indication that the Meniere's is acting up. It is a miracle for me. I have zero side effects. Not sleepy or groggy, and not dizzy or sick.”

Anonymous August 20, 2012

Bonine (meclizine) for Vertigo: “I took 2 Bonine tablets (1-2 tabs recommended on label) and felt ok - was able to drive and go to places. Took another one before bed and I overslept only to wake up with a heavy headedness, like I was on antidepressants. Did not like the feeling and did not want to go driving under these conditions.”

Anonymous April 17, 2012

For Vertigo: “I took 5 doses of this medication - it made me sleepy which made it difficult to function. I was unable to drive myself and concentrate at work. I also developed a rash on my neck. I was instructed by the pharmacist to stop taking the medication, take a Benadryl and apply an over the counter cortisone on the rash. The rash went away within two days but I still have vertigo. I am being told that there is no other medication that can be prescribed.”

Anonymous April 17, 2012

Bonine (meclizine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “A friend of mine told me to take Bonine because I have horrible morning sickness. I'm pregnant with my third child and it's an awful thing to have to chase after two kids with morning sickness! It worked wonders for me. I would tell everyone to at least try it!”

Anonymous March 4, 2012

For Vertigo: “I have been taking this medicine now for 3 days, however I still suffer the dizziness and have noticed it makes me sleepy, and I don't know if this is a side affect or not but I have very irritable since starting it. I'm not going to be able to take it due to working with clients all day and on the computer. My mind is so foggy.”

Anonymous February 25, 2012

Antivert (meclizine) for Vertigo: “I was prescribed this medicine for treatment of Meniere's disease (constant vertigo & hearing loss due to excess fluid in the ear) this medicine knocks me out for at least 10 hours even after a small dose. It takes my dizziness away but it knocks me on my butt and I can't go to work for at least a day if I have to take it.”

Anonymous February 23, 2012

Antivert (meclizine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I have used Antivert for seasickness and it may be the only thing I've used that really works. The over the counter medications for car sickness did not work for me. Also the medicated pad you wear behind the ear (scopolamine, I think) litterly puts me out for hours -- maybe you could cut a small piece. Antivert also makes me sleepy, but less than the others. My friend has vertigo and uses it for that with success. It has to be prescribed, however.”

Anonymous January 24, 2012

For Vertigo: “I was having problems feeling lightheaded and dizzy for about 2 weeks for no apparent reason. Meclizine knocked the dizziness and lightheadedness right out- no problem. But now I feel like I'm going to fall over because I'm so tired. I took one before bed last night and I've been feeling the effects all day long.”

Anonymous September 27, 2011

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “Bonine is a miracle if you are bothered by motion sickness. I take a caffeine pill, with Bonine to combat drowsiness. The combination of the two, is a winner for me.”

Anonymous September 12, 2011

For Vertigo: “I fly often but this last trip I woke up the next day with dizziness anytime I lowered my head. Difficult since I work on the computer all day and meet with clients so I am up and down all day. My doctor prescribed it 3 times a day and that is fine as I am on the 5th day and still get dizzy. I wake up a lot at night feeling like I have to relieve my kidney's. This is more often then before I took meclizine HCL. I do have dry mouth but no real side effects. ”

Anonymous August 19, 2011

For Vertigo: “I acquired light induced vertigo after visiting a Christmas shop that contained a whole room filled with brightly lit trees. I am extremely dizzy and nauseous if I do not take meclizine 3 times a day. I have absolutely no side effects but I am concerned about the long term effects from the meclizine.”

Anonymous August 13, 2011

Antivert (meclizine) for Vertigo: “My doctor put me on this for vertigo. I had dry mouth and drowsiness but stopped the spinning. It was treating the vertigo from a perforated ear drum. ”

Janabob August 11, 2011

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “Bonine did not work at all for me and I really suffered during a 2-hour flight.”

Anonymous July 29, 2011

Antivert (meclizine) for Vertigo: “I have taken Antivert for years. For some reason I cannot get it either from Medco or local pharmacy. It is an effective medication. Now I do not know what to do.”

Anonymous June 16, 2011

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “I have to swallow two tablets an hour before I expect motion sickness to occur (getting on a plane, riding in a car, etc.) and it totally works. Doesn't work instantly for me though. I also took this for nausea due to pregnancy and it helped with that too. I highly recommend Bonine!”