User Reviews for Zofran

Learn more about Zofran.

Zofran Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 212 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Zofran to treat Nausea/Vomiting

"Was given Zofran tablets that dissolve a few months ago for the stomach flu and it worked wonderfully. Now, they gave it to me in an IV which worked for a few hours, but the tablets they sent home didn't help me with the nausea, only stopped the dry-heaving. Also, didn't last 8-12 hours, only lasted about 4."

MallorieS May 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It cost me $3 for six tablets with insurance. When I was vomiting every couple hours for a week and was prescribed Zofran, it reduced my vomiting to one or twice a day for the next two weeks as compared to every couple hours. It is now the third week I've been sick, and the drug works within an hour for me. There were a couple days my prescription ran out, and I started throwing up 10 times in a day again. Highly recommend"

Gabzzie (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Didn't do a thing"

Dksf April 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was given Zofran after having my gallbladder removed. The nausea wasn't from the procedure, but came on when I was finally able to eat and the broth soup was placed in front of me. For at least a month prior I'd been getting nauseous just from seeing food no matter how hungry I was (and after fasting for surgery I was absolutely starving!) I was given Zofran in my IV and it did absolutely nothing. My surgeon then gave me a prescription for the pill form, but again, it did nothing to help my nausea."

MHaswari April 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking this medication for panic and anxiety with great success but I wonder why it is not listed for this?"

Val Mac January 3, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used to take Requip for restless leg syndrome, and sometimes it made me so sick I would vomit. Other nights it would be fine. One day I decided to call my PCP for a script of zofran or phenergan to help subside the horrible nasty vomiting and nausea effects of Requip and they wrote me a script of 12 4mg Zofran swallowable tablets. It helped almost immediately (not within a minute, but 10mins or less) and then decided to stop my Requip medication because just made me sick. My RLS went away with other meds that I take and while I still take Zofran, I enjoy it for any spur of the moment "IM GONNA BE SICK" Kind of feeling, so I always carry it with me. At a hospital visit they gave me a dissolvable one that tasted like berries. Good med"

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had my gallbladder removed in September and have been on this drug (as needed) since. It is a god send. I don't get as nauseated as I was the first month of surgery but still have nausea here and there. This drug works very quickly and I feel instant relief. Sometimes I find myself needing to take 2 doses of the nausea is severe and it helps to ease it. Recommend this for anyone that struggles with nausea."

Savii December 19, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was given this medication after a severe bout of anxiety and panic attacks. I lost 25lbs in 2 weeks due to the panic and had no appetite. Of course when you don't eat for that long, nausea can easily set it. I couldn't even move off the couch for fear of feeling extremely sick or dry heaving. I was finally given this miracle pill and the nausea quickly went from 10 (the worst) to easily a 2 or 3 within about 45 minutes. I took it for a week as I tried to get my appetite back and anxiety under control with other meds. Highly effective. I did experience some constipation from this medication, but that could also be due to the starvation mode I was in for 2 weeks. Either way, highly recommend to anyone dealing with nausea."

J137B (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had central vertigo for years, but the nausea and vomiting have increase lately. My gastroenterologist prescribed Zofran 4mg once a day. It's a miracle! I can go out and shop without vomiting in the aisles of the grocery store. I have my life back."

Italian Foodie (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was given this drug by injection in the emergency room because I had a reaction to another drug. It stopped me from vomiting. However, since Imunetherapy I have become allergic to all nsaids, and several other drugs. One drug for a heart problem I take makes me vomit so they gave me this drug in pill form and well....I threw it up and, and tried again, and threw it up and this went on until I again went to the emergency room. An injection works but the pill works only before you become nauseated. I went to another medicine phenergan and that was a suppository which worked very well."

savvygrl (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Did not improve nausea. It gave me a migraine like headache."

Anonymous November 2, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"this medicine potentially saved my life! i had no appetite. in three days i lost 7 pounds! my wife took me to the ER, test were ran, and the physician prescribed Zorfan 4 mg and it worked. within ten minutes i was eating a turkey burger with garlic oven fries. my anxiety is gone as well. I would recommend this medicine to my friends and family. MV"

mikeveez (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Wouldn't know...got charged $40 for 2 days' worth, which I just can't afford."

HDGGF (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have crohns disease, emetephobia & i also take quite a few pain meds for chronic pain all of which make me extremely nauseous so i suffer nausea allooot! Ondansetron is a life safer for me i take 4 mg every 8-12hrs on a good day some days i take 8mg if its really bad! Ive been taking it daily for nearly 6 months and it is still as affective as the first time i took it! I live in the uk so am fortunate that i dont have too pay eye watering prices. Id reccomend too anybody its brilliant"

Bethy-Bee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was given this medicine due to my chronic migranes and I always used to vomit everything up. Zofran works miracles"

Arise Royal June 2, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Helps me when I'm sick from not taking any pills (I'm an addict)"

Junkie1991 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been dealing with extreme nausea and vomiting for the past 6 months, and it finally got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and went to the ER. They gave me Zofran through IV and was feeling better in about an hour. After I was released I was on 4 mg every 8 hours and for about a week I was back to my old self. Then things started to go down hill, and they boosted it to 8 mg. Now it doesn't evenwork anymore and makes me more nauseous than I was before. I also got pretty bad constipation and headaches after taking the medication. Not to mention, if you're taking the tablets be ready to handle the taste because it is DISGUSTING."

Mari-Ann18 April 30, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was taking Zofran for awful stomach upset with nausea because one of my other medicines I was on I picked up at pharmacy was a generic new form of medication to treat pain. This new medicine made me very sick. Zofran helped out a lot plus I could take it up to four times per-day. However, I'm also on Lexapro for depression and panic attacks. One day after 2 weeks on these meds I had severe shaking happening to me and I never felt this way before.. Come to find out taking both the Zofran and Lexapro on same day each day was high risk of a drug interaction very severe and I was having the symptoms of a bad interaction. I need to change my lexapro to another type of depression med. But, every depression med is bad with zofran."

ChristineJJ (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was very sick from antibiotics and large doses of Prednisone to help with the asthma. Couldn't hold any food down but did take enough water and Gatorade. Kept losing weight and had terrible abdominal cramps with the nausea. Finally saw another Dr after 11 days who prescribed the ZOFRAN and all nausea and cramps totally went away. Finally could start eating again! ZOFRAN was a miracle med for me! !!"

SickF March 21, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I love this medication, it has made such a difference in my life. I was on the Zofran pump while pregnant for hyperemesis gravidarum, it is the reason I was able to carry my child to term. It is the reason we are both here today. I continue to take Zofran as needed for nausea stemming from complications with fibromyalgia, ibs and celiacs. It can cause constipation from time to time, but that is much easier than nausea and vomiting all the time. It melts quickly and within minutes the nausea is gone."

jap0587 March 8, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is such an effective and helpful med. I can't tell you how many times I'd been nauseous and almost immediately got rid of it with the disolvable version. It melts, I wait a few minutes and then it's gone normally."

Natty_R (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed zofran because I was constantly nauseous and depressed because of a personal matter. Yes they taste awful but they work 100% of the time! And they work quickly!"

AmyCamille1975 February 10, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was given this drug while pregnant for morning sickness. Didn't help at all, gave me a headache and actually made me throw up a few times. My son was also born with a genetic mutation - Epidermal Nevus syndrome which I'm sure is from the Zofran as it is not approved for use during pregnancy. If I could go back in time I would NOT have used this during pregnancy. I was also given this drug several times for gastroenteritis with the same result - headache and increased vomiting. Did not work for me."

Brit29 February 2, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Zofran is a miracle drug! I've had this medication for several years on an as-needed basis. With my IBS and anxiety, I tend to get nauseous easily. Whatever the cause to my nausea may be, Zofran works every single time. Now that its dissolvable it makes it so much easier to take. The relief happens within 20-30 minutes and usually 1 tablet is all I need. I do experience 2 side effects each and every time: a painful headache after the drug wears off (6-8 hours after taken) and constipation (practically nonexistent bowel movements) for 2-3 days. For the headache, OTC migraine meds work best. The constipation isn't bothersome enough to me to treat."

Kaydubs22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was sick for a day before I went in and was prescribed zofran. It gave me instant relief to the nausea and vomiting. I was also lucky enough to not get any side effects."

nicknamesonnyboywilliamson (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016