User Reviews for Zofran to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Zofran has an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from a total of 177 ratings for the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting. 75% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Zofran Rating Summary

7.9/10 average rating

Compare all 170 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Zofran

zofranreview · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 18, 2019

“I have been taking this medication at least once a week for about four years now. I have terrible stomach issues now that I no longer have my gallbladder that cause stomach pain, nausea and no appetite, as well as anxiety that manifests as nausea and stomach pain. I also have a HUGE fear of vomiting. This pill has always worked and kept me from vomiting, but on occasion the nausea sticks around but it’s nothing too terrible. I don’t know what I would do without this medication. It helps me live a normal life. I take 4 mg every 4-6 hours as needed, if it’s a rough day I’ll take 8 mg every 6-8 hours. The only down fall is the side effect of constipation, but as someone who is terrified of vomiting, I’ll take the constipation over vomiting any day.”

Dolphin · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

“I have Acute Gastritis and this medicine makes me feel worse. Too many side effects associated with it. I feel more pain in my stomach, light headed, dizzy and just overall bad. I was starting to feel better before I took this medicine and now I have to wait for it run its course.”

Steve · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 28, 2019

“I take oxycodone for chronic persistent back pain because of spinal stenosis. As a result I frequently have nausea and vomiting, roughly 4-5x/week. My pain management doctor always prescribes Zofran which doesn’t help in the slightest. I tell him this but he keeps prescribing it none the less. He says it is safe and doesn’t make you sleepy. I say if it doesn’t work what good is it. My GI doctor gave me phenergan which does help but he tells me to go back to the pain guy to get more. I go back, tell him yet he just gives me more Zofran. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE PHYSICIANS WHO LISTEN TO THEIR PATIENTS(sarcasm).”

Hggirl April 22, 2021

“I have Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) and have been miserable. Zofran is keeping me out of the ER right now. At first I noticed it made me a little dizzy and it still makes me feel just a little weird within the first hour but it’s extremely tolerable. The constipation is super annoying but talk to your doctor about it if that’s an issue and you can probably take something to help that. It stops me from throwing up but I am still definitely nauseous. Brings it from like a 10 to a 5 or 6 maybe but I can EAT now. That is huge. I am eating small meals when I haven’t had a meal in weeks. I’ve been barely eating and drinking. I am completely dependent on zofran to be any type of functional right now. It makes me a little tired but also gives me more energy to not just stay in bed all day because it makes me feel better. Highly recommend, just watch out for the side effects I mentioned. Nothing to be scared of extremely tolerable for me :)”

Jas21 · Taken for 10 years or more May 12, 2021

“I take Zofran only if I feel nauseated with migraine headaches. Otherwise, I take Phenergan for nausea related to severe, pain. These two work very differently but work very well for my specific needs. I can't take Phenergan for migraine nausea, it doesn't work. Only Zofran works for migraine nausea. I do often have to take two though..”

camille10 August 7, 2014

“I have generalized anxiety disorder and suffer from emetophobia. The anxiety causes stomach upset and the fear of throwing up increases the anxiety in a vicious cycle. My psychiatrist prescribed Zofran while I was trying out SSRI's to help me get through the first few weeks of side effects. I am now on Celexa with a lot less anxiety and only take Zofran as needed! It works great it just makes me feel sleepy. Haven't run into any constipation yet.”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2020

“I've taken this medication other various occasions and honestly it's a life saver. Today I woke up with a stomach bug. I got out of bed and drank a glass of water and not even five minutes later I was bent over the toilet. I laid down and maybe half an hour later again. Within two hours I had taken six horrible, dry heaving, painful and exhausting visits to the bathroom. Finally rushed to the Dr, where it happened one more time before being seen. She quickly gave me one of these and I haven't thrown up or felt nauseous since. I've been able to keep down liquids and solids with ease. I see this medication as a great tool to help me get better faster than expected!”

KPP · Taken for 10 years or more January 4, 2020

“I’ve had a fear of vomiting for years (25+). Found out about this MED when my best friend has hyperemesis while pregnant and it helped her to stop vomiting. I asked my dr if I could get it because I had such horrible anxiety about throwing up. I take zofran 4-8mg when I have bad nausea and anxiety and it seems to help me. I did throw up once after taking it but I think It was because I had worked myself up so much!”

I hate nausea March 29, 2021

“Zofran is amazing. Absolutely amazing. My entire life I have feared throwing up. Not sure why but I now have anxiety because of it. I found out I was pregnant and was slightly nauseous all day everyday but with someone who fears vomiting greatly, I was scared and upset. My doctor finally prescribed me zofran after visiting the hospital for nausea and it has been helping me ever since. I have been taking it for 4 years now whenever I need it And it takes it away immediately. So thankful”

Mandymia · Taken for less than 1 month September 26, 2014

“I had the Norovirus last year and took Zofran and it worked very well. The pills are small and dissolve easily on your tongue so you don't have to drink water and risk throwing up the medicine. If possible, I think it would be great to offer this medication over the counter.”

Vh · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2019

“Day 1 of what the docs think is the flu, first time puking in a long time. Couldn't hold down water or pepto. Was so nauseous I was having dreams that were making it worse. Zofran has kicked my nausea and now I can eat and drink again and therefore take ibuprofen and my flu meds. Holy cheese batman”

AlyCat29 · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2021

“I took Zofran on May 3, 2021 to help my nauseated stomach. After a little while when it kicked in I started feeling very drowsy and tired and my stomach seem like it was hurting worse. I now know that this medication Zofran is not something for me to take. I want to get better not worse.”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2020

“I have gastritis and am going through a flareup now. Very sick...nauseous for 8 hours every day. Zophran doesn't help me at all...even doubling dose, as my dr recommended. He is giving me Reglan. Praying that works. Nausea is the worst!”

Xtiffanyoxo March 9, 2015

“The only medication that really does the trick. I have been prescribed to it twice now due to a severe stomach virus and it gave me relief after 20 minutes! Didn't throw up any more afterwards and helped me sleep after a very restless night. Love it!”

preggo84 · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2015

“I'm taking this for morning sickness, I feel like it has given me my life back. I lost over 6 lbs in 5 days due to nausea and vomiting, and was too sick to do anything for my toddler, myself, or my home. I can tell when it's starting to wear off (at about 6.5-7 hr.) because the nausea comes right back. I'll take being backed up and a little drowsy as a side effect... it allows me to eat and keep things down and be present in my family's life. Never thought I'd be so happy to take a medication, but I'm SO thankful for Zofran.”

Anonymous September 15, 2011

“I suffer from both severe emetophobia (fear of vomiting) AND a panic disorder which causes nausea and gastric upset. I spent many years trapped in a horrible cycle of panicking any time I felt the slightest twinge of nausea, which in turn, induced intense stomach upset, sometimes to the point of heaving. I've tried other anti-nausea medication in the past (Phenergran, Compazine), with so-so results, and the annoying side effect of extreme drowsiness. Zofran has been a real lifesaver for me. Within minutes of taking a pill, my nausea subsides. The only side effect I've experienced has been constipation, but I'll take that over vomiting any day! ”

Bethy-Bee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2016

“I have crohns disease, emetephobia & i also take quite a few pain meds for chronic pain all of which make me extremely nauseous so i suffer nausea allooot! Ondansetron is a life safer for me i take 4 mg every 8-12hrs on a good day some days i take 8mg if its really bad! Ive been taking it daily for nearly 6 months and it is still as affective as the first time i took it! I live in the uk so am fortunate that i dont have too pay eye watering prices. Id reccomend too anybody its brilliant”

Pat · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 7, 2020

“I have tried 3 different forms of Zofran on multiple occasions for 2 different reasons, and it has never helped my nausea at all. I have tried it for both my everyday nausea and my migraine nausea, but I would still throw up. I have tried the medication in the forms of: 1. Swallowing the pill 2. Dissolving the tablet in my mouth 3. Getting it pumped into me intravenously (with an IV in the hospital). Zofran just doesn't work on me I guess! It works really well for some people, though.”

Dani August 19, 2019

“This is the best medicine for vomiting I have ever had. I was on IV antibiotics with a lot of side effects, esp nausea and the antibiotics could not be changed and I literally could not hold down water. I had to be on them for 3 months and Zofran (both IV and ODT) helped me immensely. I was able to drink and even eat little with much less nausea. People have to remember no medication may make symptoms resolve completely every time but this comes pretty close. When I took it for regular nausea from a virus or something it worked like 100% nausea gone. For me there was no side effects, and again people have to remember if you're sick some of the symptoms may not be side effects. If your vomiting repeatedly and are dehydrated of course you're going to have a headache. But everyone is different so what works for one may not have the same effects for another. But I'm a health care worker and whoever is given Zofran usually has relief so give it a try if ur doctor says it's ok!good luck”

ot · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2019

“zofran is a LIFESAVER! I’ve been dealing with debilitating constant nausea for months and some days this pill is the only thing that makes me able to eat. I’ve experienced very few side effects, if any, and am so grateful for the relief from nausea. I cannot say enough good things about zofran or recommend it highly enough.”

ThelastUndertaker · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2019

“I was prescribed ZOFRAN a few months back, I have suffered from nausea since I was 17 (I'm 36 now). This is the only drug that has ever worked for me, all the other over the counter meds just make the nausea worse, this makes my nausea go away with in 30 mins. and keeps it gone for 8 hours, I wish this had been around when I was younger.”

icyblonde March 13, 2008

“I have had nausea and been vomiting for one year and one month, I am 16 and I have spent 90% of my life the past 1.1 year/mo in bed sick. The last month, FINALLY, after so many medications...THIS, WAS IT. I am still being tested as no one knows what is wrong, that is causing me to be so sick...BUT Zofran has made so I can get SOME relief, I am grateful.”

mikeveez · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2016

“this medicine potentially saved my life! i had no appetite. in three days i lost 7 pounds! my wife took me to the ER, test were ran, and the physician prescribed Zorfan 4 mg and it worked. within ten minutes i was eating a turkey burger with garlic oven fries. my anxiety is gone as well. I would recommend this medicine to my friends and family. MV”

qh3rdb · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2015

“I was extremely hungover and was vomiting for about 14 hours non-stop before being prescribed Zofran. I know it seems silly to get medication for a hangover, but I was becoming dangerously dehydrated from the binge drinking and heavy vomiting, as I was unable to keep even a sip of water down. Not even ten minutes after taking the medicine (dissolvable pills), I already felt significant relief from the nausea, and therefore the vomiting as well. A bit expensive, but completely worth it.”

Sugah · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 6, 2019

“I have several chronic conditions and one is called Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. It's even worse than it sounds. I'm over 40 and have suffered since childhood. Gravol stopped working over a decade ago. Last December was particularly bad with many trips to the ER and I finally got lucky and was given this. It's a miracle drug for me about 95% of the time. I do get some side effects like diarrhea and sweating but they're very bearable. I don't go anywhere without a bottle of these.”

Learn more about Nausea/Vomiting