User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 4)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

ICU Agitation

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 767 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

Boot · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have extreme anxiety, Ativan is fast working. Usually can feel it within 15 minutes, I do find that it's more of a crutch, a way to forget your problems instead of dealing with them. Don't drink alcohol with them. If I'm having an anxiety attack or a panic attack and it's been a week since I took one, they make me start to cry. I feel better afterwords, do these make anybody else cry?"

D82 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "I am a 35 y.o. male, about 9 months ago, I began to have panic attacks which turned into chronic anxiety based on obsessive thinking. I have taken 0.5 mg of ativan only as-needed during this time. It produces a mild calming effect after about 50-60 mins (though has taken longer to kick in at times) In my case, I really need it to calm my overthinking / agitation. There have been times when this pill made me feel a total turn-around from a bad day, other times it had the effect of returning me right back to normal. Sometimes, I feel I need to take just a little more than 0.5 mg. I have been incredibly hesitant to take this drug more often, part of me wants to try it on a more daily basis, but we'll see. I should mention I took zoloft for the better part of 6 months, but it did not help with my anxiety issues. Plus, I don't want to rely on antidepressants for this issue if I could avoid. I recommend ativan to help take the edge off, and like that I can take it on as-needed basis."

Sailor_Jupiter August 7, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I used to take Ativan for appointments & other anxiety-provoking situations. It would relieve anxiety for the dental appointments & ENT appointments but that was it. It never reduced my anxiety for blood tests or other appointments, despite the fact that I did not have any other drug given to me for the Dental or ENT appointments. It also worked for certain anxiety-provoking situations (such as public speaking) but only 50% of the time. However, I am epileptic & on anti-seizure medication. Despite the fact that I am on anti-seizure medication, I will always have a Simple-Partial Seizure 4 days after I last took it, even if it was only 0.5 mg (the highest dose I would have would be 2 mg). Because of this, I do not recommend this drug to anyone; I had taken it over a span of ten years (as needed & not even every month - I would go months without taking it) but after realizing that it was the cause of me having Simple-Partial Seizures 4 days after taking it, I won't ever take it again."

Kaitlyn · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've had horrible anxiety since I was about 7 years old probably caused by having a chronic illness so early In life and I also have the fear of vomiting so every time I feel sick I have an awful panic attack. I was prescribed 0.5 mg of this and have only been taking half a pill as needed and honestly it is exactly what I wanted so far. It's a medicine that literally does nothing but chills me out, it's calms my heart and makes me comfortable."

SAm July 30, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was prescribed Ativan sublingual 0.5mg as needed for panic attacks. It did not do anything for me, usually my panic attacks come at night while I'm sleeping. So I tried it and honestly It didn't do anything and on top of that I couldn't sleep after taking it."

Thalji82 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2018

For Anxiety: "I been facing generalized anxiety disorder for over 4 years, I don't know whats going on with me, I have been informed by doctors its the Colon issues, but when I came back to my country I visit psychotherapist and he told me what is going on literally GAD. I started to take Zoloft 50 mg then increased to 100 mg, then 150 mg, but after using this medicine for 3 weeks I start feeling empty brain, very disorder thinking, visual problems, so the Dr advised to take lorazepam, I start to take .05 at morning, and .05 at night, seriously I felt so human, and all the rubbish is gone, then after a 10 days I stopped the morning dosage and I am on .05 mg at night, all going well, and my mood get back by 80% all the Anxiety rubbish gone, and I am so proud of my self"

Bugorok July 17, 2018

For Anxiety: "0.5mg lorazepam saved me from "bad" thoughts couple of times. Worked like a charm. Good to have it around, though I am sure, doctor won't prescribe it if I ask."

nat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 16, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I’m so so SO grateful for this med. I take it only when needed. Even when I get into a state of feeling absolutely miserable with panic and racing scary thoughts, lorazepam turns it around 360 degrees within 30 minutes, but definitely starts to work around 15. Not only does it calm that fight or flight response — getting rid of that nasty adrenaline — it also just generally puts me into a tranquil state of mind. No scary thoughts. I could cry with gratitude for how many times it has helped me in the past. It makes panic disorder bearable. God bless"

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more July 13, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Started taking Ativan when I was 18 years old due to a nervous breakdown. Doc prescribed it to me after experiencing a full-blown panic attack that didn't seem to subside. I felt immediate relief after months of experiencing depression and anxiety attacks. Over the years, I became dependent on it (I take 3-5 times a week) I never take it for more than two days in a row because of a bad reaction that I had like 13 years ago. Doc says I'm SUPER sensitive to meds. Because I take it so sparingly, I have not developed tolerance , but I am dependent on this medication for my agoraphobia and panic attacks. This drug allowed me to go outside and socialize, make new friends, and hold down a job. This job allowed me to live! I don't want to become dependent on it, so I started tapering. I take .25 once or twice a week. My goal to go off this drug completely and use it only for emergencies."

PT · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 13, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Was prescribed Ativan after some stressful/anxious times at work. Very effective. I take it as needed, usually 1mg every three days at night. Sleep like a baby and wake up the next morning energised and ready to start the day. Only worry is the possible addictive qualities. I also take small dose Cymbalta 30mg, each morning. Have been contemplating weaning off this and introducing Ativan every evening."

DsBru · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have lived with Panic disorder since I was 16 and have had experience with various benzodiazepines. This has got to be the worst drug I have ever taken for a panic attack, it made me feels even more disconnected and stupid. I ended up in the back of an ambulance after taking this drug for a panic attack. I also struggled to sleep after taking this medication and was having suicidal thoughts. So far I would have to say when it comes to elimination of a panic attack, it goes: Xanax > Clonazepam > CBD > Valium > Bromazepam > Ativan."

Buylocalbonds · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was having chest anxiety. My mind was completely clear. Not anxious, not stressed, not racing. But for the life’s of me I could not take a full breath. I went to multiple doctors and ran all the tests. EKG was normal, chest X-ray was clear, blood test was fine. My doctor said that we’ll have a follow up session but he gave me a few lorazapam to take for emergencies. Last night I took half of a 0.5mg tablet. So only 0.25. I slept incredibly and my breathing problems were gone. This morning after I woke up my breathing has improved significantly. The only negative side affect I’ve noticed is a very dry mouth and a little bit of a dry throat."

Hotmom70 July 10, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I’ve been taking .05 Ativan for 15 years . It’s a miracle drug for me . It keeps my mind more stable and calm . Keeps my anxiety under control as well . I sleep like a baby with this drug. I wake up refreshed every morning . I usually take one 0.5 after dinner every night . There are days I do fine without it, but I love knowing it’s in hands reach at all times . I highly recommend Ativan . Keep it a small dose and you will be fine ."

Pam52 · Taken for 10 years or more July 5, 2018

For Anxiety: "Name brand and generic Mylan work identically and are interchangeable for me. Some of the other generics do not seem to have full potency and is likely due to the fillers. This is a problem with a lot of generics."

annie June 27, 2018

For Insomnia: "This is the only true blue med that has helped me relax and get to sleep over all others I've tried. I take 2mg at bed. The one person who commented that it worked first night at 0.25mg wow I can't believe they would put you so low. ĺ have never heard of that and I'm a nurse"

Lauren92 June 25, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I used this after my anxiety got so bad that I constant horrible, racing thoughts. Many involving suicide and death. The first time I took it I felt like I grew wings, so relaxing. I started taking it every day because the calming effect was so comforting. I then started taking it at night - big mistake for me personally. I became addicted. If I didn’t take it for one night, I was awake for the entire night and became extremely paranoid. Had to see a Dr and admit to addiction, then was given very slow tapering off plan. Also made my hair fall out. Use with caution. Easily addictive."

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2018

For Anxiety: "Lorazepam has helped me a lot compared to other meds with my anxiety, only reaction I’ve had to it was a very very dry mouth and slight drowsiness."

Cuppycake · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I took half of a ativan because I was nervous about taking it (I don't like taking pills, even advil). My boyfriend is in the hospital so I've had constant anxiety for 4 days. It felt like my heart was gonna come out my chest. I'm sure it'll continue till he's home. I felt my heart rate calm down within like 20 minutes. I feel a little better, still have sweaty hands and stuff but hey it's a start, can't expect to be cured on half a pill. "

2PugzG · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 6, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "To be honest with you guys I personally think that it works for me and exceeds my expectations when it comes to other areas of my life as well...."

Tricky · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "Took 0.25mg to help with me sleep. It helped 1st night to sleep 6 hours but not the 2nd night."

Burnertt May 31, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I’ve been on 0.50mg Ativan for anxiety and insomnia for 10 plus years . It really calms me down and takes the edge off. I sleep through the night and wake up refreshed. I can’t imagine not having it on hand. There are weeks I go without it , but it’s nice to have it at hands reach . I recommend Ativan."

grey · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2018

For Anxiety: "I take lorazepam for anxiety and insomnia/disrupted sleep. When I take it for panic attacks, I feel like they are far more manageable, although sometimes not all of my anxiety symptoms remit after taking it. Lorazepam is also very helpful for sleep. Usually I have trouble falling asleep and wake up often, and I often have vivid nightmares. When I take ativan, I fall asleep much more quickly and I tend to stay asleep. dditionally, it is usually pretty much dreamless."

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Have had depression and anxiety for most of my 65 years. I have been treated for depression and am now on bupropion 300mg/daily. It does not help with my anxiety which includes muscle stiffness and all over pain. After my husband died and left a bottle of Ativan, a script he had been on for years, I started taking 1mg in the morning and at night. I was amazed at the relief I received. I've used Ativan many times in the past but no doctor will give it to me on a long term basis sighting addiction. My husband took it daily for years. Why am I not able to get a long term prescription? Ativan is a lifesaver for me, eliminates the muscle stiffness and pain and gives me energy. Doctors need to understand that patients know what helps their issues and allow them the medication needed in order to have quality of life, which I don't have right now."

Amy May 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been on and off lorazepam for 7 years now. I will not take any other benzo. I have GAD, and need help now and again. Years ago I took it every day. I was off for the last 2 years and controlling my GAD with diet, exercise, and meditation. A car accident a few weeks ago brought the anxiety beast back with a vengeance. I got a low dose, 0.5. Now I remember why I choose this medication over all other. I do not feel sleepy, drugged, out if control, nausea or dizzy. For me it a magic little pill of calm and clear thinking. All the other benzos make me sleepy, sick, or I feel hung over afterwards. Not with lorazepam, this is just calm and steady. I can completely function once the panic monster has been appeased. I hope to not need them long term, as I would like to be controlled on my own once again, but until then, I will take it to help with the rough edges."

Eddy · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "Have suffered with GAD for years with physical Anxiety. Tried everything the Dr got me to try 2.5 mg as and when required. Job done now I'm back in the land of the living. "