User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 4)

Also known as: Ativan

7.5

ICU Agitation

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 744 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "I have been on and off lorazepam for 7 years now. I will not take any other benzo. I have GAD, and need help now and again. Years ago I took it every day. I was off for the last 2 years and controlling my GAD with diet, exercise, and meditation. A car accident a few weeks ago brought the anxiety beast back with a vengeance. I got a low dose, 0.5. Now I remember why I choose this medication over all other. I do not feel sleepy, drugged, out if control, nausea or dizzy. For me it a magic little pill of calm and clear thinking. All the other benzos make me sleepy, sick, or I feel hung over afterwards. Not with lorazepam, this is just calm and steady. I can completely function once the panic monster has been appeased. I hope to not need them long term, as I would like to be controlled on my own once again, but until then, I will take it to help with the rough edges."

Amy May 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "Have suffered with GAD for years with physical Anxiety. Tried everything the Dr got me to try 2.5 mg as and when required. Job done now I'm back in the land of the living. "

Eddy (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Helps with calming for panic attacks. Very fast and effective. Only side effect for me was drowsiness."

gemm53 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Anxiety: "I took a 0.5 Ativan for anxiety last night. It increased my anxiety and I couldn't sleep."

Bob (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Ativan for sleep for 4 years. I'm now taking 4 mg doctor says that’s all they can prescribe for Ativan but I sleep well he says don’t worry about the long term effects - if you need it, you need it. I appreciate him telling me that if someone needs a medicine is that addiction? No so if your on this for sleep don’t worry I’m at 4 mg my body doesn’t need more I’m taking what works"

Zends (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This pill has been my safety net for my severe anxiety attacks, panic attacks and ADHD. I have been taking this pill off and on for 6 years and have never been addicted to it. I take 0.5 during the day and it actually makes me feel like myself and sometimes even gives me more energy this pill has been a true life saver"

Jasminefab (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 21, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This med was prescribed to me last year after my anxiety (& BPD) got really bad after steroid knee injections. At that time, I'd only needed 4-5 doses but was prescribed enough for 30, so I saved the rest for "emergency" situations (times like now). It seems to be helpful for the chronic anxiety & chronic insomnia I've been experiencing related to my various chronic pain conditions. Some negative things I've noticed with it are it makes my brain/pain fog worse, it increases/worsens some BPD symptoms & it makes my fibromyalgia & osteoarthritis knee pain worse. Otherwise, it's a pretty good medication."

Jillyn31 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "I take it Lorazepam one hour before flying or if I'm scheduled for a long dental appointment. I break the pill into small pieces - so a little works very well to relax me. Before this, I had horrible situational anxiety (panic attacks) on planes and at the dentist."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 14, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I recently developed panic attacks and anxiety , just thinking about anxiety makes you anxious.. at least for me. I was just prescribed 0.5 Ativan and 10 mg Lexapro for anxiety. I hope it works..I used to be on celexa but never really did much for me tbh. I'm hoping the withdrawals aren't bad."

Jmf41133 April 11, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Works well in reducing severe chronic anxiety. When you start treatment, request a system where you can skip the med at least 1-2 days a week. Intermittent dosing allows you to keep track of the underlying anxiety condition, and improves long-term efficacy. If you take the med without a break for years you can forget how unbearable chronic anxiety actually is, with intermittent dosing the benefits and drawbacks of being medicated vs unmedicated are very clear."

Pierrot (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "This is the only medication that has worked wonders for my extreme anxiety and insomnia. I finally feel human again! I have had zero side effects from it. I had been on an SSRI for a decade and while it helped, it came with a dozen side effects and not nearly as effective"

Bkk17 (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks since escaping from an abusive marriage.. That created trauma, always being anxious. Also the loss of loved ones in one year and the news I can't bare children. I had a breakdown. After treatment I started working again but my anxiety was constant. I was prescribed lorazepam and only take it when I have a very hectic day with my work. When I don't take it my anxiety gets so bad my entire body goes into a spasm. I do long walks and creative crafts and gardening. Then I'm fine but in stressful situations I struggle so much. So it's helped me loads and enhanced the quality of my life. I am taking heed of all precautions. Thank you"

Lazlo March 25, 2018

For Anxiety: "This particular med has helped me greatly through the death of my mom and other losses that came after. I took it at 0.5mg daily and now down to a quarter of that, as I break the pill in fours. The only con is slight blurred vision as well as slight memory loss, but that is a small price to pay for relieving what could have been. Bad anxiety. I am looking to be back to the "as needed" basis which hopefully will be rare."

Kit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was in a traumatic car accident. I ended up with severe anxiety. I ended getting panic attacks also. Thought I was going to die. Never took any anxiety pills before this accident. Now I'm taking Lorazepam - Ativan this works great for me. Oh my goodness! I'm reading the reviews. Everyone is different. Some works for some and some won't. It's a 50/50 chance like any drug. It depends on the severity of your diagnosis and how well your body can adapt to it. All depends. I can tell you this. It works for me. For now. My mom took it for 15 yrs. She's 64yrs old. It works great for her. Anyone taking this should walk, exercise or so a hobby you like. Sauna always helps. Anything relaxing helps. It decreases your anxiety and remember counselling or going to a support group helps. "

Jazzy (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I would not survive without being able to take this drug."

Mental mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "I used to take sublingual ativan for sudden anxiety and panic attacks and it worked well and quickly. I did find it calming, and so I didn't ever use it for insomnia per se, I did sometimes take it in the evening to relax and it did a fine job of that."

wcforan (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been taking lorazepam off and on for about 10 years. My former PCP prescribed it because I have panic attacks when I fly, and I was going to be flying from the US to Australia. It worked wonders. As I was subsequently diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, I've been consistently re-prescribed this medication. Fortunately for me, I don't have the anxiety attacks I once did, so I don't take this nearly as often as I used to (once a week, maybe?), and I never took it often enough to get addicted, but I can certainly see how easy it would be to get hooked. Still, it's truly helped me when I needed it most, and still does when the nerves, nausea, and lightheadedness creep in. I've tried Xanax, and it didn't work nearly as well. Correction: I tried Xanax, and it only worked for about half an hour. Also, it did nothing to ease the nausea my anxiety brings about, but it works for my two closest friends, where Ativan doesn't. Guess it all depends on your chemical makeup."

SJ March 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been taking lorazepam for many years I started with the highest dose my dr began to lower it until I was taking just half of 0.5 mg. I am afraid am I going to have problems. But I have been wishing to leave it for I long time am I going to have withdrawal. Please let me know"

Lori (taken for 10 years or more) March 9, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Prescribed by G.P. for anxiety 4mg. A day approximately 10 years ago, along with Zopiclone for 15 mg. for insomnia. I started to abuse both about 2 years ago. Sitting in a Treatment Centre for Drug Addicts, while I type this. Do not take Ativan or Zopiclone, easy to become addicted to both. Went through Hell detoxing and it took 19 days to get off the Ativan. There are better medications out there for you."

Diamond Lil (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 9, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I must admit lorazepam is the only med that takes the edge of an anxiety attack , when I am in a crisis I might need up to 4 mg's to calm down. I was on zoloft, but rather then take every day zoloft I use now and then lorazepam when needed is better. If you have panic disorder or anxiety attacks you are really helped with this med."

mrjones (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2018

For Insomnia: "I started on Ativan quite innocently. About 10 years ago my doctor prescribed 1 mg a day for anxiety. But I had problems with falling asleep. I was told to take them at night. Then I became dependent on the to sleep. Years later I had to increase to 2mg together the benefit. Now, I guess I have become immune again as I am not sleeping well. So I am trapped. I don’t want to increase the dose, don’t even know if I could. No other sleep aids I have tried work. Don’t know the answer, but know I need sleep. What to do? ..,"

Keli (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 6, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have found that I need to take 1mg Lorazepam just once per week but I am afraid of becoming addicted, Could you advise me please."

buddyboy March 6, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Have taken ativan on and off ..more on than off for 24 years. I have quit it for life and having terrible withdrawal symptoms. Hot, cold, blurred vision memory loss. Please do take this medication."

Offativanforever (taken for 10 years or more) February 27, 2018

For Insomnia: "Severe debilitating muscle weakness getting off the drug over 6 month taper. Debilitating weakness has continued 3 months after the stopping the drug."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) February 27, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed ativan I mg every 4 to 6 hours approximately 6 years ago. This was given to me by my primary care physician as I was randomly shaking and feeling sick without provocation. I am so confused by this drug. You see the withdrawals are the same as the symptoms it was prescribed for. I fear I am addicted to it. I work everyday and am a functional person, could I be addicted to this med? I try to wean off but it doesn't work. I feel dizzy sick and shaky every time I try. This is an awful feeling. I wish I never needed it."

Worried (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 24, 2018