User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 2)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

ICU Agitation 1.0
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.0 865 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

Kathie · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 12, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Use for anxiety and nausea. Works great for me.”

Atta Van April 7, 2020

For Anxiety: “This stuff does NOT work. My doctor prescribed it as a sleep aid and I'm back awake 2 hours later I don't even feel drowsy.”

AeonRex · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 21, 2020

For Borderline Personality Disorder: “0.5 mg lorazepam. This is awesome when a serious meltdown is brewing and skills are really really hard to use. My prescriber is great and only gives me 12/month and said to only use it when I truly need it, which is what I do being aware of tolerance issues others are reporting here. Sort of "in case of an emergency" so I don't even use the 12 which I know is in my best interests. When I use it it just feels like I feel functional again and can get back to life without having this mess of terrible thoughts in my mind preventing me from doing *everything*. I definitely recommend this for those "in case of emergencies" times.”

Jay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 8, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: “I have a fairly high medication resistant (or I'm allergic or develope tolerance after using meds .. yes it's been hell and still is .. I'm writing this while admitted to the hospital psych ward) I have severe insomnia and not one sleeping medication has worked for more then a week! I took ativan sublingual and was up to 8mg in a week .. and it stopped working!! Now I'm on injections at night .. it worked for 2 nights amazingly!!! I don't have withdrawal symptoms like others have described on here ... I guess for me it's a great short term solution but then I build a tolerance.. sigh!!”

Ana February 25, 2020

For Insomnia: “My experience is for the lack of quality in the drug. I take 2 mg every night. Usually that works but tonight and yesterday nothing. It's like it's like the ones I have got now are fake. So I take a chip or half 2nd one. Still nothing. I'm touchy about using this to much so it's not a habit it's the quality. Why does it have to be so hard to get a decent working medication? I won't continue to get this brand. I encourage others to stand up for yourself, if it doesn't work it's because is a bad drug. It's effective when you are actually getting the real deal. I really have insomnia, now I'm back up.”

Luna · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam): “Oh. My. God... relief. I had been suffering restlessness for four months on end and it was horrible. Respiridone and haldol made it worse, and klonopin made me suicidal. Then I started Ativan and upped my gabapentin dose(I had previously been on a higher dose and I suspected me lowering it 4 months ago is what triggered the restlessness), and it worked. I feel a bit sedated (although taking Ativan w/ the gabapentin actually relieves the brain fog/smothered feeling I used to get on higher gabapentin) and there are times during the day where I feel my inhibitions are a bit lower but compared to living a nightmaree for four months, this is bliss. I can function and do things again, and I don’t live in constant fear of the horrible restlessness that I could always feel just below the surface. I checked my chest, I don’t feel any restlessness at all. I can sit here and think about the restlessness feeling and I don’t feel it. For the first time in 4 months I’m free.”

dizzy · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Light Anesthesia: “I was prescribed 2mg Ativan to take 2 hours before a dentist appointment (I’m a 110 lb woman). I took it 2 hours prior and within a half hour, the whole room was spinning and I was getting nauseous. I was only not dizzy if I was laying down. It seemed like an impossible task to walk to the car and be driven to the dentist and endure an appointment in that state. I stayed home and immediately fell asleep for 5 hours. I felt nauseous upon waking and it got better after eating a small amount of bland food. It is not evening and I feel better, just very groggy and a little slow feeling. I would rather endure the dentist appointment than go through this again.”

Wahita · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 18, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been taking Ativan 1 mg 3x day as needed for probably 6 years. It worked well for a while for my anxiety and was good because it didn’t knock me out. I was still able to function and not feel like I was in a fog. Now it’s become completely ineffective. Tolerance built up and I have a lot of anxiety again. I keep taking it because I have to or things will be even worse. It feels like I’m just taking it for no reason though because it’s not doing it’s job. I’m trying to get my doctor to change it to something else.”

Marie February 16, 2020

For Anxiety: “I. Love. This. Drug. I take Prozac for my anxiety which helps stabilize me day to day wonderfully, but when my thoughts are racing and my therapy techniques aren’t working and I’m on the verge of a panic attack this drug lorazepam works wonders. I’ll take .5mg and my mind goes quiet and calm within thirty minutes. If I take at night I fall asleep quickly, but I also have no problem staying awake on it if I take during the day. Lorazepam renders you a happy calm and the slightest bit loopy, but not in an incapacitating way. I’ve never experienced any negative side effects or withdrawal symptoms, likely because I take it very sparingly. Which leads me to... IMPORTANT NOTE: My doctor has warned me of how highly addictive this drug is so I only take it as a last resort, I have only taken ten pills in one and a half years. From all I have read and from my doctors warnings I would never use this as a daily drug- that’s what meds like Prozac are for!”

Betty · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 16, 2020

For Anxiety: “I woke up one day in March 2018. It was a normal day, nothing had happened in my life so I have no idea why it happened . I’ve never had a panic attacks or anything like that. Just felt anxious every day and I couldn’t sleep . I tried Lexapro, Zoloft none of them worked. My doctor prescribed me 0.5 mg Lorazepam twice a day, that worked great for a while but then I started taking them both at the same time between 9:30 AM and 10 AM and it has done wonders. Doesn’t cause any drowsiness I get through my workday just fine and I immediately started sleeping much better.”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

For Anxiety: “I don't know what I would do without my lorazepam, I ordered it because I was out of it but it was on a weekend and I didn't have it for three days because I couldn't get to the pharmacy without a vehicle. I was so anxious I could eat think we're sleep! I prayed that God would find a way for me to get my medication when I got my medication I felt like a new person again I could function but without it I could not. Thank God we have physicians and medication that can help us. I give Ativan a 10 out of 10”

Nanny · Taken for 10 years or more February 11, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I suddenly developed panic/anxiety attacks about 20 years ago, out of the blue. I had no idea what they were and just suffered through them. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance once thinking I was having a heart attack. My attacks are terrifying. Racing heart, sweating, vomiting, diarrhoea, tingling hands. I become so sick that I can’t move or talk. I feel like I am dying. They usually arrive abruptly in the middle of the night. I usually end up on the bathroom floor. Since I discovered lorazepam they are the only thing that will stop the attack. I only use them when I am in the throes of an attack which occur every few months. They are a godsend for me!!! It usually takes two 1mg pills to get the symptoms to subside. I do not take the pills on a daily basis, only in times of crisis.”

Mnich · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 5, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “Has gotten me through many sleepless nights and panic attacks. I only take it if I absolutely need to, to help me at night time when my anxiety is at its worse and only a dose of 0.5 mg. It almost always makes me sleepy and helps me sleep and normally I don't feel to groggy the next day.”

Dallas720 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 3, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “I've been on this medication since 2018 and it works wonders for my anxiety. The first time I took it was when I was having an anxiety attack in the mall when it was really crowded. I usually take 1mg along with drinking juice, water or even soda never grapejuice. The effects kick in between 45 min and 2 hours and I feel extremely calm, happy, silly and even loopy. I wish the effects lasted longer than 8 hrs though but I still love this drug regardless”

Jarbles · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 3, 2020

For Anxiety: “When I needed it 1 mg made me more akin to a normal person with no anxiety induced freak outs. I could function in public. For sleep, 2 mg started knocking me out but left me a little groggy in the morning. After I built a tolerance, even 3 mg wasn’t knocking me out any more and I was groggy from drugs and lack of sleep. New Bipolar 2 DX and new pdoc refuses to prescibe Benzos for fear of abuse and addiction. When it worked it worked great but high tolerance led to taking more and more and leaving me open for addiction and abuse.”

insomniac · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: “Ativan ruined my life. My psychiatrist prescribed me 2mg to take every night while trying out an anti-depressant. After about 7 weeks, I was addicted to Ativan, and when I tried to stop taking it, I had seizures and panic attacks. I had to keep taking it in order to stabilize. Then I had to switch to Valium and slowly taper off the benzodiazapines in order to avoid another seizure. It took me a year and a half to taper off, and I now have chronic fear, anxiety, tinnitus, and insomnia. I wish I never touched this drug.”

Zayyna · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 31, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I hate my life and I hate having panic attacks. I hate taking Ativan because I don’t like being dependent on it. But it works great, If you're like me constantly worrying about your heart, or that you don’t know how to breathe anymore, then take this pill.”

Junior · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I’ve had anxiety for a long time but reared itself in early 2017. Then in 2018 I had a small stroke which increased my anxiety. 2018 I lost my dad after being his caregiver for the last 8 months of his life then he died. After his death I had a bad case of kidney stones and had to go through two surgeries to remove them which finally took me over the edge. I’m taking lorazepam not everyday but when needed and so far so good. It’s 0.5 mg.”

Bubz · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Status Epilepticus: “I have Non Epileptic seizures and bad ones. When I wake in the hospital after they've given me the shots it's horrible. I throw up all over the place and according to my family they give it to me to knock me out so they don't have to deal with the "fight or flight child like state" I'm in when I come to. In fact my husband stopped them from giving me another shot because he told them I would more likely co-operate if they didn't keep giving me shots. I am not conscious and the person that they deal with isn't the real me. I can't sleep now though and I'm feeling very sad and can't stop crying. I feel a little slower this time then usual and it's been 2 days so I'll be going to see a doctor to talk about my mood, memory, and sleep. Hopefully I can find a group to talk to because I need one. Saw someone takes the pills when they feel their aura coming on and that it helps so we'll see about that.”

Sleepy · Taken for 10 years or more January 30, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have insomnia since 2001; 19 years. I tried all natural stuff. Hypnosis. Exercise. Manual labor. Scented candles, etc... Ativan definitely works. However, as time goes on, your body needs more. I expressed the concerned to my doctor of 25 years. He trusts me. He knows I only take at night. I fear addiction. He said, “Well, you will live miserably with all night insomnia every night. Affecting your job, sport participation, exercise and time with family. So; you get addicted. People with diabetes are “addicted” to insulin. What’s the difference. Take the pills. Go to sleep. ”

Drugs · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “Ativan does the job. But you do NOT want to go through the withdrawal. It's very bad. I have generalized anxiety and panic disorder to the point where I can't leave the house unless I really have to. And ativan makes it a lot easier to leave the house. The withdrawal makes your anxiety come back with vengeance. It's bad. For the short term it's great but long term you become addicted and physically dependent on it. And you build a tolerance so it doesn't help you as much as initially taking it. I love ativan and recommend it to anyone suffering from anxiety. Just make sure you wean off it or you will feel like a life becomes a nightmare.”

Mia January 15, 2020

For Anxiety: “I've been on lorazepam for over 20 years. 1mg twice a day as needed. Have to take one at night because my brain never stops. It was my saviour med. If someone says they have something that will stop your paralyzing panic attacks and non stop anxiety, what would you do? I jumped right on it. Now I can't find a med doctor who wants to prescribe it! They want to put me in rehab?? I've had two heart attacks from my panic attacks so no, I'm absolutely terrified to get off the med. I also have very high blood pressure. So what I'm seeing is this could be the end of me because lorazapam is the only thing giving me somewhat of a normal life and Dr won't prescribe it. I'm Agoraphobic, have such bad panic attacks that they wake me up. Sometimes twice a night. I also suffer from depression, PTSD, OCD. Looks like I'm doomed. Thx doctors”

Jay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 13, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “Safe and effective medication as long as you do not become dependent on it. PLEASE avoid getting hooked on this medication as it is a benzo and withdrawal from benzos can be deadly. Has helped me manage severe panic attacks due to anxiety, depression and ocd. I take 0.5 mg if I am having a severe panic attack and it immediately helps take the edge off.”

ravioli · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I've had panic disorder for six years, and when I finally convinced my doctor that there was something wrong with and me and got a prescription I was really hopeful! The first time I used it, it worked relatively well. However, I woke up nauseous and groggy and since nausea is my trigger I decided that I'd only take it if it was ABSOLUTELY necessary. After two months of going without it, I found myself in one of the worst series of panic attacks I've gone through while not at home. My prescribed dosage didn't do anything, I was taking a high dose and it didn't do anything. At that point, I stopped and rode it out for another four hours. When I woke up the next morning, feeling the same groggy and nauseous feeling I'd had last time but worse. Not sure if that residue of the panic or not? The same thing happened a week ago, and again it didn't work, but still left me feeling gross the next day. Maybe it just doesn't work for me?”

Carol · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2019

For Anxiety: “I had a stroke, 9 actually. An artery filled with plaque broke loose after my unattended high blood pressure. Each of the pieces of plaque was considered a stoke. It change my personality almost completely. I have daily anxiety attacks and I started drinking which I never have before. It seems that I don’t care about anyone except me now. No empathy. I have a husband of 44 year and he’s sick and a disabled son. I tried therapy but he just kept bring up the past about how my parents treated me and I couldn’t handled that. So I started leaving once a month. I have too much anxiety. The Dr put me on 2mg a day of Lorazepam and I can control it better plus Zoloft. Zoloft alone did nothing. But if I didn’t have the Lorazepam to take daily, I don’t know where I’d be. I wish the DEA would stop being so strict on it when it’s given to those who really need it and long term. Nothing else has helped me.”