User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

ICU Agitation 1.0
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.0 864 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

dizzyat35 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 7, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I was prescribed lorazapam for anxiety, and while it works fine for that, I have found that it treats my undiagnosed nausea and dizzy spells the best! When the lightheadedness begins, I take one and 15 mins later I'm fine. Since it doesn't make me sleepy at all, I can go about my day no problem.”

Mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “Was having anxiety and panic attack and couldn’t sleep . Lorazepam Ativan calmed me down. I took one right now. The last time I took one before today was a month ago a day after being in the hospital for an anxiety attack. :(”

Anxiousintheusa · Taken for 10 years or more July 1, 2019

For Insomnia: “lorazepam works great, klonopine too, saved my life.”

Anaksunamoon · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 30, 2019

For Anxiety: “I started taking lorazepam after I developed panic attacks and severe anxiety. I didn't realize it was suppose to be for short term use. 3 years later I want off this med so bad. I've tried taking myself off but the withdrawals are horrendous. I'm going to have to get professional help to get off this. And once I'm off in never taking another benzo ever again. Stay away!!!!!”

Mosquita · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 23, 2019

For Anxiety: “I had horrible anxiety for years and tried numerous drug treatments. I wanted something I could take as needed which would give fast results. Many of the other anxiety drugs I tried had negative side effects but Lorazepam had none (with me anyway). It would immediately make me feel calm and helped me to sleep at night. I was taking 2mg/day. I stayed on it for over a year and feel like it was a life saver. When my doctor retired, I decided to wean myself off of Lorazepam, mostly over concerns of these types of drugs being linked to dementia in later life. I went through horrible withdrawals (very bad anxiety, insomnia, agitation, quick to anger, etc) that took over a month to stabilize. I quit cold turkey which you're not suppose to do. Now months later I still have bouts with anxiety but I'm trying to manage it without drugs. I wish there was something safe and effective that I could use long term.”

perslagauche June 22, 2019

For Anxiety: “Using this drug only when I need it for semi-special occasions, a full dose including the possibility/amount of tablets to take two a day will last me a longish time. But in those times when I fear that anxiety will be a problem, it always helps tremendously.”

Digital · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: “I have been using Ativan for sleep over the last few months and I must say it's been a real help. I strongly recommend that you only take it two to three times a week maximum otherwise you could become addicted to it and it's effects might no longer work. Moderation is the key here.”

Kath · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I was miserable with gastroparesis, then because I have several other conditions, my doc gave me Ativan. OMG it has practically eliminated gastroparesis! No nausea, no pain, I am still constipated but am successfully dealing with that!”

mr robot · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

For Sedation: “Was a little bit euphoric at the beginning, but this went away fast. Now, only sedation, just pure sedation - you want to do nothing, you can't concentrate or in particular, you don't have the will to do something. It will waste your time, so, stop it.”

Gentleman June 9, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “Addiction, dependence, and abuse are all 3 very different things and carry different definitions and connotations. I see many worried about addiction. As with any of the many drugs that change a physiological function, our bodies can become up or down-regulated and normalize the presence of the drug. Any mammal reducing or discontinuing certain drugs, like Ativan, can experience dependence, characterized by physical and emotional distress at withdrawal. This is should NOT alone be considered ADDICTION. Addiction often involves dependence, but that's not all. If you discontinue Ativan and find yourself drinking uncharacteristically more, or pursuing other chemical ways to cope, you may have a valid addiction concern. Phy./emo. dependence, is not the only criteria for AdXN. Dr's are generally accepting of this and should take no offence. Consult an expert, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and alcohol are the only common substances that can be dangerous if d/c'd suddenly.”

diamond May 30, 2019

For Insomnia: “I am going cold turkey from lorazepam and it was such a bad experience of my life.”

Nina · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 29, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: “I am writing this review to help those who may be experiencing insomnia, anxiety and depression. Mine was the result of extreme past and present trauma. I stopped sleeping completely virtually overnight after a series of traumatic events. I did not sleep for several or more months and began to loose weight rapidly I went from 60 kg down to 38 kg as a result and became very unwell. After taking myself to hospital numerous times I did not find adequate help for my condition there. Eventually I met a very efficient GP and psychiatrist which after much trial and error found help from being prescribed a combination of amitriptyline and ativan. Although I am still on the road to recovery, this medication combination has helped me immensely. I sincerely hope that no one on earth has to experience the living hell that I did, only to find help when it was almost too late.”

zeusheider · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 27, 2019

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “I have severe social anxiety, am uncomfortable with groups of people and was like this all through my high school and college years. It had a profound effect on what I was able to articulate in. During my annual physical in my middle twenties my PC picked up on the fact that I was depressed and sent me to a social worker. After several sessions I was referred to a psychiatrist and diagnosed with severe depression with anxiety disorder. He put me on many different anti depressants and anti anxiety medications until finally the combination of Cymbalta and Ativan finally started working for me. That was 6 years ago and I feel like a new person. I can get up in front of a group and speak! Something I would have died for I had to do before. All that time I thought something was terribly wrong with me. Ativan saved my life.”

Cyclops · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 26, 2019

For Anxiety: “It works for me, originally for everyday anxiety. I now use it occasionally for anxiety and sleep at a dosage of 1mg. A word of caution, it has withdrawal effects. I used to take 4mg a day. Nobody intends to get on a large dose, it slowly crept up on me. And dealing with withdrawals made managing anxiety much more difficult.”

Smas09 · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 14, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “SMAS (Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome) syndrome makes me vomit all the time but lorazepam helps me stop vomiting.... Its a miracle”

Anonymous May 13, 2019

For Anxiety: “Been taking Lorazapam for many years. Pharmacy switched lorazepam to “Leading Pharma” brand several months ago and I am having all kinds of problems. Checked around and all local a Pharmacy’s have the same brand. I’m sure it’s a Money thing... Profits over health.”

Shamrock May 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “Not sure what fillers they are putting in Lorazapam now. I have been on it many years and always worked for my anxiety but now it makes it worse. More fillers less medicine? Makes me dizzy and lightheaded and a sick feeling. Maybe need to get off the generic and go to Ativan. But insurances won't cover them. Why make non generic if no one can get them????”

SolaZippo · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2019

For Status Epilepticus: “My son with seizures at early age was already on Dilantin for seizures but the Doctors wanted to replace Dilantin with a different drug. Over a period of years they again mention to try out new medications. He went in and was given Lorazepam for replacement for Dilantin. He came home and less than a week it was horrible. He was returned back to the hospital where they stopped the Lorazepam and now I am attempting to get him back to where he was at with the dilantin but he is hallucinating and it is so terrifying the images he is experiencing. I do hope that this will soon pass and we are so disappointed with what has happened. He lost all mobility at one point .. Be careful with this med.. :(”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2019

For Light Anesthesia: “It didn't work at all for me, was given 3mg to take prior to dental appointment, that appointment has been postponed now. I was unable to stop moving, dizzy, talking extremely fast, felt like I needed to run and run for miles. Was not calm at all. What happened to me is apparently uncommon, but I won't be taking this for dentist appointments again.”

Ball · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 30, 2019

For Insomnia: “It did not help me sleep so l took 1 ambien at 10pm and if l was lucky l fell at sleep around 4am, after many trips to the refrigerator. I'm also on prednisone 5mg and enviros as antirejection drug. Nothing helps me sleep.”

Sorin April 22, 2019

For Anxiety: “I take it for anxiety, for 4 months now , because of financial and sentimental problems. It's very effective for me 2mg/Day , no side effects, but I want to stop it because I'm afraid of the long term effects.”

Cantsleep · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: “Can't sleep since taking Ativan I am getting to sleep at 5:30am?”

B April 20, 2019

For Anxiety: “My doctor FINALLY prescribed me a benzo after having numerous meltdowns in her office. Also after switch SSRI medications multiple times. I have had panic attacks and anxiety since I was 15 years old. She wrote me lorazepam & I was so happy. I wanted something to stop the attacks. She wrote me 0.5 mg so the next panic attack I took one & nothing. So next panic attack I tried it again & nothing. I knew you could take up to 2mg so the next panic attack I took 1mg. So next I tried 2mg. NOTHING. I'm a Pharmacy Tech so I asked my pharmacist if that happened often & he was very surprised. He said it should have helped & he didn't understand at all how I didn't feel at ease once I had taken the drug. I have never been on drugs, I had never taken a benzo before. All I take is effexor & prozac. I was so disappointed & I don't think my doctor will ever give me anything again because it was like pulling teeth to get that prescription. I don't know why its so hard to get help. ”

Pete · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 12, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “I was misdiagnosed for years by my doctor and emergency room. I was being treated for asthma when I was actually having a panic attack. I remember being so frustrated that my medication wasn’t helping my shortness of breath which I thought was asthma. I was properly diagnosed when I was vacationing in San Diego. I thought I was having an asthma attack. I took my inhaler and got no relief. I thought I was a gonna. The ambulance came and took my vital signs and said I’m having a panic attack. I was in disbelief. I was given 1mg Ativan at the emergency room and felt better within 10 minutes. Right now I’m on celexa and carry at Ativan on me at all times. Ativan works for me.”

Clm · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 7, 2019

For Anxiety: “Ativan used to work for me and it doesn’t anymore, I’m wondering if they changed it some how. A one month supply would last me a good six months. I don’t think it is a tolerance thing. I primarily used it for flying and it really isn’t helping with that anymore.”