User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Ativan

7.5

ICU Agitation

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 743 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "I have had a history of panic attacks for years. Been to the emergency room feeling like I was dying. Felt almost as if I was having seizures. Couldn't get deep breaths and would get dizzy and feelings of dread, nerves under eyes would literally ripple. Went to ER about three years ago and thought I was having a heart attack, and it was a panic attack. Dr. told me to get to a psychiatrist. He started me on a low dose .5 mg three times a day. Within about 6 months I was taking 5 mg a day. I was getting 75 2mg tablets per month (so 2 1/2 pills a day). I know it is a lot but does keep my anxiety at bay. Problem is if I don't take a dose at night thinking I don't need it, I wake up feeling terrible. This is not a medicine that will be easy to ever come off of I know. At least my life is tolerable again though. It makes me a little drowsy sometimes but not too bad."

akhb February 21, 2018

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "My Son, he was on drugs and drinking. My wife and I returned from a vacation He tore his home up, he drove his truck through a heavy boarded fence. Damage in excess of $42,000. He slit his left wrist vertically very deep. It could not be stitched because of infection. He had a slit on right wrist and a slit on his throat. He got better with professional help and meds through an indigent program. A Psychiatrist visit was $1 an hour. He vastly improved from around 2009 through 2014 from drinking and drugs. Then in February 2014 he was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer and suffered terribly for the duration of Chemo and Radiation, In August he had his Esophagus removed (Esophagectomy) and was dead by September 23, 2014, at 1:10 AM. I want everyone to know that without the help of Lorazepam, I never would have gotten through the nightmarish ordeal with my son that I loved so much I would have killed and died for if it would have helped him. My precious Drew I'll miss forever."

Brickboo (taken for 10 years or more) February 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "After years of crippling anxiety, Lorazepam gave me the most wonderful feeling of calm I have ever experienced. Unfortunately, as with other benzos, it doesn't last forever and you have to take more to get the same effect. If they could make a drug that continues to make you feel that calm, it would be a wonderful thing!"

NessyNewby February 14, 2018

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I do not take more than 1-2 mg per day, but have taken this medicine for many years. I'm bi polar 1 and take Lamotrigene with it. These are the only 2 medicines I take other than Tylenol. I realize the dangers of long term use, but Lorazepam changed my life for the better. No more anxiety and I used to have a fear of heights. Lorazepam helps with that. They key is to never take more than prescribed. That would get you into trouble."

Brimun (taken for 10 years or more) February 13, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Be careful with this sneaky drug at first it works great but very quickly I mean within days it is highly addictive before you know it you’ll be using it daily and withdrawal syndrome associated with benzo’s is horrible. Use with caution"

Benzo no no February 13, 2018

For Sedation: " Works okay for sleep but did nothing for psychotic agitation for me. I refused it but unfortunately, I was under a section so they injected me, 3 hours later I'm still wide awake."

moadej (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Helps for my insomnia better then it does for my anxiety. But I have Klonopin and Xanax for my many panic and forms of anxiety."

Worm321 (taken for 10 years or more) February 2, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have tried multiple medications for anxiety and found this one to be the least effective. For my panic attacks it does not work as well as klonopin which I found to be the best. Maybe I'm on too low of a dose (.5mg) but I need to go back to my doctor and ask to try something different."

khons98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "Have been taking .5mg for a few years. Used to wake up at 1 or 2a.m. with all the lights on, so to speak. Am a stem cell recipient because of leukemia. Originally blamed it all on other prescription drugs I was on, especially immunosuppresents. But as I have been slowly removed from all these other meds, I still was experiencing middle of night sleeplessness. Have occasionally tried a full 1mg pill but saw no difference. The .5 mg dose does just fine for me. Remember, in most states it is considered a controlled substance, so DO NOT drive until 8 hours after using"

bill.b January 13, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed Ativan for panic attacks due to anxiety, and it has worked wonderfully well. After trying many different antidepressants and seeing no results, my doctor prescribed me 1mg Ativan for use as needed. As soon as I feel a panic attack coming on, I take a tablet - within 10 minutes, I start to feel calm, safe and relaxed. It’s a tremendously useful “emergency stop” button for panic attacks. The idea of having a medication that can stop a panic attach should one come on allows me to feel safe and relaxed throughout the day."

Yikes-111 January 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "I took lorazepam initially for anxiety during dental procedures. Then for social situations, meetings at work, then for help relaxing and sleeping. At no time did I know how much it would negatively affect my life. I took it for years! I have been lorazepam free now for 3 months. I used a chart I found online to withdraw safely over 16 weeks. My short term memory is now so much better. That is significant because I am elderly. I no longer for bouts of rage for no reason. I am now sleeping at night without medication. I do not feel this medication should be given to any patient. Just so glad I am free."

SusanLucy (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 3, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "Very helpful for panic attacks. I suffer from a lot of dissociation (depersonalization and derealization) from panic and generalized anxiety and ativan at 0.5mg-1mg is the only thing that brings me back down. I'm also on an SSRI but ativan is really the only thing that will get rid of my dissociation and calm me down. Panic attacks are a living hell for those who suffer from them and I am so thankful I have something that takes me out of this living hell. Definitely not ashamed of having to take medication. Please, don't be ashamed of taking something that helps you and keeps you healthy. No one should have to live with the constant fear and hell that panic and depersonalization/derealization brings."

anyonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 28, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I found most of the benzodiazepines effective against panic disorder. However, Ativan had a very strong amnesia inducing effect that caused me problems. While they all had amnesia effects at various dosages, Ativan really messed with my memory at therapeutic doses of 1-3 mg a day. I frequently found I had done bizarre things on Ativan. I found my car in a neighbors garage, for example, but had woken up in my own house. It’s a bit comical now, but could have been tragic. I had much more stable results with Klonopin."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2017

For Anxiety: "It’s much better than any other benzodiazepine, it causes I think less dependence and it’s so effective for anxiety, panic disorder. For insomnia perhaps it’s good with another coming along with. I really recommend it. I have tried other ones before and with diazepam and this one it’s the best."

Huligan100ee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Started taking Ativan a few weeks ago and have noticed a decrease in my anxiety. I can also sleep a bit better"

Frodofrodo baggins December 8, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have taken lorazepam off and on for about 17 years. Sometime high anxiety events come up, like losing your job, or finding out someone spend all your money, or the loss of a love one in your family. I don't abuse this drug. It has the potential to be very addictive. Getting off it can be very rough. In the last 10 years, I take it, very sparingly. Only 1 .5MG, and I try not to take it more than 2 days in a row. I tried to learn to reduce the anxiety or pressure by other methods like running, reading music etc. I tried to space it out usage at least 2 to 3 weeks even if I am going through a most difficult time like now, with the loss of my son. It's not a cure, since u body requires more the more you use."

JACKSTERP12 (taken for 10 years or more) December 7, 2017

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed Loraxapam about 5 yrs ago for anxiety & panic disorders that just started out of the blue - well the panic attack did - then the anxiety came afert was so frightening! . My doctor put me on three 1mg tabs three times a day to start with...and I sure needed them. I did have this problem for a couple months then..not being one who likes taking med and through other counselling help recommended by doc I was able to go between 1-3 a day till I eventually got to mostly 1mg at night. I do not believe a 1mg taken at reasonable hr of night can cause you to keep falling asleep during day..however I could be totally wrong. It helps greatly with sleeping as does half a tab also..which I'm down to on occasions only now. I did wean myself from one to 3/4's to half to 1/4 over couple of weeks just to be sensible but I can't say they're more addictive, and I don't believe they're harder on body than I've seen with antidepressants with people. But my caution here is..of course you do have to use along with other helps so you're not dependant on high amounts. I was having a script every so often to have on hand and or so in end to help me wind down and sleep..now I'm fine and probably won't get anymore! I was told doctors don't recommend these so quickly as they don't get the incentives from the drug company for prescribing them, as they do with the newer drugs."

Y.ve (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Doctor prescribed ativan super willy-nilly because I've been dealing with panic attacks, and told me to take a 1mg tablet when I need to. Tried a 1mg tablet while panicking, and the effect is just unpleasant. I definitely feel that there are less 'voices' in my head; everything is much more quiet. But I'm also extremely drowsy.. so much so that I doubt I'd be able to take ativan at work (where my anxiety actually occurs). I'm also having strange muscle pains.. just feels like a really lame weed high. I won't try it again."

AmyAmyAmy November 22, 2017

For Anxiety: "About 4 years ago I started having early-morning awakening/insomnia/anxiety after excessive alcohol consumption the night before. Discovered that I could prevent this by taking diazepam my wife had lying around. When this ran out my GP prescribed lorazepam 0.5 mg. Gradually this lost effectiveness (tolerance) so I quit, also cut down on alcohol. A year ago I had a stressful situation and started 0.5 mg daily for a month, but was able to stop again with no side effects. However, my early-morning awakening/insomnia/anxiety had become chronic and independent of alcohol. A month ago I started 0.5 mg daily for 10 days, had a severe withdrawal, had to taper off. So, yes, like others wrote here: it works great, but not for chronic use."

skywheel (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for : "Gave this drug to my Mother around noon, an oral syringe form, she was so severely sedated I was afraid to go out to the post office @ 2:00pm .She could hardly eat around 5:30 , eyes closed, I thought she'd sleep it off. I stayed near her til midnight, at 2:10 am she had passed away.......to this day I wonder what the doctor prescribed this for all she had was a very uncomfortable bed sore."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2017

For Anxiety: "During several years of dealing with a psychotic family member in the home, I was on any number of psych meds. Ativan is the only one that works reliably when dealing with a screaming nutcase on a continuing basis. It's smoothing out the rough patches of the divorce now too. When I am under constant stress, I take 0.5mg 3 times a day. DO NOT discontinue suddenly. Taper off 0.5mg per day or every other day - You want to taper off over at least 5 days."

Somebody Else (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have had various SSRI's and etc - nothing worked. Just gone on 2.5mg ativan and feel it has saved my life. Seems I had crippling anxiety without being aware of it, as no panic attacks etc. So there are some people with bad experiences, but do not generalise."

Hummingbird 17 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I had a nervous breakdown last year. Thought death was imminent and I would go to hell. My psychiatric CNP would not prescribe benzos. I was completely terrified, like a 2 month long panic attack. Went to the ER twice. They gave me ativan and I felt blissful relief. Right back to the terror the next day. I have a prescribing psychologist now who would give it to me if I needed it. But finally got prescribed clonazepam. It was okay but not nearly as good as the ativan. I used it for a while until the morbid dread subsided, had no rebound problems. Maybe if I took it for months on end I would. But nothing but benzos worked for me."

bpmabq (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Just wanted to share my experience with SSRI's not good ,so I was put on Remeron ,still never took the edge off still had a lot of anxiety and other problems associated with anxiety. I have taken Ativan off an on for about 10 years with no side effects when going off for periods of time.So I consider it one of the better medications to take to get relief from anxiety.So give it a try. Thank you"

Feeling well November 13, 2017

For Anxiety: "Miracle drug for short term use. You get withdrawal problems after u grow a dependence to it. It will be dangerous like alcohol if you stop cold turkey. You have got to tapper off but works really good if u use when u get anxiety"

BobbyLue November 4, 2017