User Reviews for Lamictal

7.3

5 reviews
Summary of Lamictal reviews 8.2 484 reviews

Reviews for Lamictal

For Bipolar Disorder "I have generalized anxiety disorder along with OCD, depression, PTSD & weird/strong/angry mood swings. I am not bipolar but this medication keeps me under control. It helps my anxiety more than anything, I do get random "freak out" moments where I'll simply just want to go crazy on someone or something. So although I don't know exactly what this medication is helping me with, it's helping me overall be a better person with less (but still rare) mood swings. I'd recommend this med to anyone with any anxiety disorder, etc!"

tina (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I miss me. I'm on 25 mg with Wellbutrin 100, which is a long term drug for me. I'm supposed to increase the lamictal to 50 mg tomorrow and I'm terrified. Yes my moods are more stable. I don't rage at stupid telemarketers, but neither do I find any interest in anything I used to enjoy... no TV, no reading, no online games... I just pace wishing I could feel the joy and passion that I used to gave. So obviously, it works, just too much so for me."

Nes (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was extremely edgy, Irritable, Depressed, constant thoughts of suicide and extreme fatigue. I was diagnosed with Depression, anxiety and Bi-polar disorder II. I started with 25Mg at night before sleep. Before taking Lamatical my dreams were insane I was constantly running from a person in all my dreams. It would cause distress waking up scared. As soon as I started it my dreams were no longer me running from anything rather just normal things I struggle with in my daily life family friends or issues I’m having. I haven’t had a running dream since! 2 years later I take 300Mg. I am nowhere near perfect but my brain is no longer foggy. I don’t cry for no reason at all like I used too. I’m just happy I made the decision to seek help. Make sure to keep a positive mind set even with set backs life is a struggle but it takes a clear mind to see the big picture! Last but not least keep your faith "

Badashhh March 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 disorder last year. For one year I felt like a guinea pig, taking different medications, increasing & decreasing them. I felt like I would never feel better. My doctor started me on Lamictal after a really bad episode & it worked within two weeks. I am on Lamictal 50 mg a day & zoloft 100mg a day. I feel like a new person. I do not cycle all of the time now & only cry when it’s actually something sad to cry about & not all of the time. My anxiety is next to nothing anymore. This medication has been a life saver for me. I am so thankful that my doctor placed me on it even though I was ready to give up."

Christopher Robin February 20, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Works"

Damipono February 17, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "On it for 5 years. Mild bipolar (moody). My significant other can tell when I don’t take this even a few days. It is a magic drug. I met 3 other women who I found out were on it for bipolar and said this is the one pill they cannot go without. I have been on 100mg for 5 years and it still works the same. Magic! No weight gain. No side effects at all! Just smooth sailing. My drs described it as such, “here is you without lamictal. *holds one palm high and the other low* lamictal will keep you right in the middle. No more ups and downs.” And it’s done exactly that. I don’t think I’ll ever go without this med, and there is no reason not to. It works for me, and for tons of others. Miracle drug."

Iledahorsetowater (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been treated for what I thought was depression with anxiety since my twenties. At 60, I finally received a dx on the bipolar spectrum. Depakote is a dream, but I still had depressive symptoms (strong tendency to isolate). Because of headache, I have had to increase the dose of Lamictal extremely slowly (5mg to start, increasing by 5mg every 2-3 weeks as headaches abate), but it has made me more comfortable doing socially challenging things I want to do. Surprisingly, it also seems to be improving my circadian rhythm so I have been able to get to bed earlier."

sf100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I spent a lot of time getting to a "therapeutic" dose of this medicine and it never helped me. I felt flat. I was always dizzy to the point I couldn't drive or walk even sometimes. I was never diagnosed bipolar. Anxiety and depression but Dr said this could help me. It was definitely a waste of time and took weeks to come off also."

Steph041808 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Took this medication for a 2 months. Lamictal did help with depression but it also gave me bad anxiety and anger. When so would get angry, usually for little to no reason at all. It also worsened my vision. As soon as I stopped this med, my vision came back to normal (as close to normal as it was before Lamictal). It also made me really itchy, but that went away once I stopped it too. All of the side effects were very gradual, so I had no idea that they were because of the Lamictal and didn’t realize that until after I stopped it and they went away."

Spearit (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Been on Lamictal for 13+ years and it has been a life saver! I take 600 mg every day along with Seroquel and Wellbutrin and my life is as “normal” as possible."

Janasuth January 11, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Lamictal every morning has completely defeated my depression! Some itching when I first started it but that went away after a few weeks. Also on Seroquel XR at night to control mania. Never been this stable in my life!"

SkinCare Gal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed Bipolar Disorder I when I was 18 years old, now 25. Since then, I have tried countless medications that have either caused side effects I couldn't handle, or just didn't seem to work for me. I had tried Lamictal early on after I received my diagnosis, but I was a typical teenager refusing to admit I had a problem. Tried multiple antipsychotics, antidepressants (made me extremely manic), and Lamictal has been the only one that has consistently worked. It doesn't cure all, but it does space out my episodes of mania, which are my most common, and depression, and lessens the severity and length. Ideally, I should pair this with an antipsychotic, but until then, Lamictal has made me a better person. So grateful I found Lamictal."

Colean (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 3, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was wrongly diagnosed with major depression, and spent 10 years cycling through various antidepressants that made my symptoms worse before I was prescribed this. Within days I noticed a major difference. I no longer felt chronically fatigued, and could do more than 1-2 "big" things per day (errands, cleaning, etc...), and was actually excited about being alive. It felt like I had spent years in a fog, but now I'm feeling genuine emotions, and have control over my moods and behavior, which were putting my life and relationships at risk. I'm like a completely different person, and finally feel stable and in control. I'm at the highest dose (300mg) and I am SO happy I found this drug; it's helped make life worth living again."

harris.tr December 24, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "Brought me back to earth from flying around solo in my own world. I can now see how my behavior affects my environment, and I can better control my actions. Rapid cycling has turned into once a month during full moons. My dishes get washed instead of just thrown away. Only side effect is vision problems when dose is too high, corrected when lowered. Best medication I have ever taken."

Miss Hyde December 23, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I too got the rash, but I stopped it and it went away. Then I started it again but started with a very small dose and worked my way up slowly and never had a problem."

lee55653 December 13, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine was fantastic - it allowed me to live my life without mood swings and I finally felt like a normal person. I was able to go about my daily routine without getting severely depressed or getting angry at people. Unfortunately this medicine had a very bad side effect for me that made it so I could no longer take it - my private parts were constantly itchy. I went to doctors and they could not tell me anything because they were just as confused as I was, I did not have any infections or anything like that. I traced back the timeline and thought that this medicine was causing it so I decided to stop taking it and sure enough my itchiness went away. This is a great medication but if you have this side effect you are not alone!"

joshmcorreia (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2017

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have taken this medication twice for Major Depression/Psychosis and both times I have felt horrible. I never felt hungry, my thinking and processing were extremely slow and I felt that "flat feeling." I began it again maybe a month ago and things have gotten worse. I don't recommend, especially for adolescents."

lossil (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Seizure Prevention "I've been on lamictal for 1 year for seizure prevention/mood swings. I gained weight, have a dry mouth and insomnia. I told my neurologist I wanted to come off seizure meds as I haven't had a seizure for 5 yrs, he said No because the next seizure I have may be fatal! Great bedside manner! Now I have live with side effects as I'm scared to come off lamictal."

Gayn (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "Lamictal has helped with the extreme highs; now they are at a normal level. But that being said, it has only helped the lows a little bit. The lows are still pretty low, so I wish Lamictal helped a little more with that. But I don't experience any (noticeable) side effects, so that's great. I would definitely recommend this!"

Mixed-Files (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2017

For Epilepsy "Best medicine out there! I've had seizure for 7 years now and used to have them every other day and sometimes a couple in a row to. And about 2 years ago I got put on this medication and has stopped my seizures! I've tried 5 or 6 different medications and this one is the only one that actually worked great! Anyone reading this give it a try because it works!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2017

For Epilepsy "I have taken 150 mg of this drug for 3 and a half years for condition known as Benign Epilepsy. In that time I've continued to have seizure every six months on average as well as experiencing a number of negative side effects including, insomnia, constant sighing, impaired short term memory, lack of motivation, depressive thoughts and difficulty completing tasks due to lack of motivation."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "This was the absolute wrong drug for me. Not sure why my doc put me on this as I don't have a mood disorder I have depression and anxiety. But I got weird side effects like breathlessness, difficulty swallowing and a feeling of not being able to clear my throat - super phlegmy and I can't get it out which actually increased my anxiety. Once I put two and two together I immediately stopped taking those pills. Not the right med for depression and anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I was prescribed Lamictil and I did get Steven Johnson disease (a rare and sometimes fatal skin reaction) and was very ill. Luckily I was treated quickly and am on other medication. Just be aware of the symptom of Steven Johnson disease and go to ER immediately. "

Anonymous November 9, 2017

For Epilepsy "I do not like this drug! it gives me an upset stomach, dry mouth, gaining even more weight, makes me feel like I'm about to barf sometimes, I get double vision, dizziness, and even blurred vision. My doctor thought it was such a wonderful idea, and I have told her about my reactions to this medication, but she still thinks its a great medication. I wish she were in my shoes!"

ebanks0000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I was just prescribed this but am freaking out about the chance of getting Steven Johnson’s. Has anyone experienced this and did it go away after you stopped taking it? Will I have to worry about this the entire time I’m on the medication?"

Anonymous October 25, 2017