User Reviews for Lamictal

6.2

Summary of Lamictal reviews 8.1 538 reviews

Reviews for Lamictal

lilymay1999 July 11, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "So I've been on 100mg of Lamictal for almost 2 weeks now, and I feel like my mood is more stable however I don't feel very excited in my day to day life. I dread going out and doing things and I just feel flat and bland. Has this happened to anyone else? I've been trying my best to get better but I can't seem to enjoy myself or my life."

Jovial · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 7, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Lamitcal has be effective and working well at controlling suicidal ideation with Bipolar disorder. Take it along with Prozac and Zyprexa."

Cat July 5, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I became manic over the course of a couple of months of just 100 mg of this medication. I was on the verge of psychosis and started to have hallucinations. I did have a lot of stress in my life, but after 8 days of being totally off of it, I am feeling more sane and like I can function again without total confusion. Scariest thing I've been through with my mental health yet. It felt like an acid trip combined with mania. I read a medical journal report online that it is possible to have a hypomanic switch on a low dose. I think anything that works somehow directly on serotonin is not for me anymore. **I took this drug at 400 mg. Many years ago and it did nothing to lift my depression and now this. Wonder if it interacted badly with a low dose of Ativan that I was taking for acute stress disorder over time. Still, feel better off of it. I still may try 25 mg. just for depression if I start falling into one again. Other bad side effects physically as well."

KeepGoing · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 1, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I had an awful manic episode late in college. Was on a host of different medicines afterwards for 6 months. They were all awful and my body's reaction to lithium was like I had the plague. I was prescribed Lamictal, 100mg. 6 years later and many up and downs in life I have been stable all the way. I like this medicine because I feel no side effects. I take it and I live my normal life. What more could you ask from your medicine? Hope it works out for others as well as it has for me"

Autumn_soul · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 18, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Lamictal for about nine months now. It is literally the THE BEST BIPOLAR MEDICATION I have come across. Right before going on Lamictal I was on the Abilify injection and although it kept me stable, it gave me a horrible side effect called Tardive Dyskinesia which for me showed up as uncontrollable mouth movements. My doctor recommended Lamictal after telling him my concern with the Tardive Dyskinesia. He first kept me on the Abilify and started on low dosages of Lamictal so that I can slowly ease into the new drug. If I remember correctly, he started me on 10mg, 25mg, 50mg, 100mg then finally 200mg which is what I am on now. I believe I have been on 200mg since about February of 2019. I don’t feel any weight gain, which I was very afraid of, although I don’t think it is one of the side effects of the drug. Please please consider this drug for stabilizing your mood for bipolar, you won’t regret it! :)"

Autumn Soul · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 18, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I’m 27 & have been on Lamictal for about nine months now. It is literally the THE BEST BIPOLAR MEDICATION I have come across. Right before going on Lamictal I was on the Abilify injection and although it kept me stable, it gave me a horrible side effect called Tardive Dyskinesia which for me showed up as uncontrollable mouth movements. I work as a hostess at a restaurant and customers will make comments such as “Are you tired? You are yawning!” Or “Are you chewing gum?” and it significantly affected my self-esteem. My doctor recommended Lamictal after telling him my concern with the Tardive Dyskinesia. He first kept me on the Abilify and started on low dosages of Lamictal so that I can slowly ease into the new drug. If I remember correctly, he started me on 10mg, 25mg, 50mg, 100mg then finally 200mg which is what I am on now. I believe I have been on 200mg since about February of 2019. Please consider this wonderful medication if you are struggling with bipolar disorder! :D"

Sandro · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I have Bipolar II and Lamictal saved me. I was untreated until I was 40 years old and now I feel like a totally new person, open to people and situations that I would have been closed off to before. I was highly volatile, angry, and irrationally irritated all of the time, depressed, or hypomanic and nonsensical. I am none of those things any more. I am grateful for this drug because I think I wouldn't have made it much longer without it. I wish I had listened to the doctors years ago and tried this. My entire adult life until now has been clouded by this disability, but I am happy to have the chance to try again now."

Beelershelby · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Lamictal has by far has been the very best medication in my entire life. It synced my brain and made my depression lifted 100%. I feel happy, organized, interested in life again!"

samantha June 5, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Lamictal has been great for my bipolar disorder! Only 10 days on the medication and I’m slowly increasing the dosage. Within less than 2 weeks I began feeling better, more stable. No more sudden emotional outbursts, overreacting over small matters, getting angry and going off on the people I love. I feel like I’m going back to my old self, and it’s definitely significantly improved the quality of all my relationships. I’m so thankful for this medication."

Dani · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 3, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I don't wanna ever be without lamictal again. I've tried a lot psych meds over the years but they either didn't work or had unbearable side effects. SSRIs should NOT be used for bipolar I or 2...many docs still don't know this. Lamictal controlled my moods and relieved depression with NO side effects. Nothing is a cure so you have to want to get better and work at it also. I love it, no one is the same, but please try it because it changed my life."

Vicky · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 15, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "As the reviews below say, I feel as if this medicine has changed my life. I suffer from CPTSD, Bipolar, Depression and Anxiety after being placed in a foster home at 7 years old and being separated from my birth parents. I still feel a little anger at times but NOTHING like before, I use to think the whole count to three thing was garbage but this medication allows me to do that and make RATIONAL decisions. I recommend this medicine for anyone who believes they're bipolar or depressed. The only CON reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is because I am constantly hungry where I am always thinking about my next meal which is very different but this just might be a personal thing. Good luck and good health!"

Camarie · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I tried Lamictal several years ago for mood swings without having received a proper diagnosis, and experienced extreme rage. I was also in an unhealthy relationship at the time and was taking about 100mg lamictal. Since seeing a psychiatrist, I have been officially diagnosed as Bipolar Type 2, and have come to realize that I am extremely sensitive to medications (and everything else on the planet). I have been taking 25mg (pediatric dose) of Lamictal for about a month now with extreme improvement in moods. Similar to another review - you don't really notice how wonderful Lamictal works until you are put in a situation that would cause you to be anxious or react negatively. It has improved my overall view of myself, I haven't cycled, and I'm dealing with stressful situations in a much healthier way. I also have not had any side effects from this medication so far! Highly recommend."

keepingon · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 14, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I was prescribed this for Bipolar II and was told it would control my mania. It worsened my mania terribly. My personality changed, I acted like a crazy person and gained a lot of weight. I'm weaned off now and feeling better than I have in years. Be aware that the NICE guidelines say this medicine "does not control mania"."

Allison406 May 6, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with Bipolar ll and I climbed from 25mg of Lamictal to 100mg. Lamictal changed my life around. I was more patient, able to think twice before reacting negatively in situations, I felt happier overall, the anxiety I've had when driving was gone. My life wasn't grey anymore, I was no longer angry for no reason, I didn't snap at the smallest things anymore. The biggest thing for me - I could FEEL emotion & no longer was numb. It saved my relationship. I didn't have the listed side effects except for one. Unfortunately, I experienced the rare rash, the "Lamictal Rash" and had to stop it immediately :( Good luck to you! :) -Allison"

Matt · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "All I can say is blown away at how well Lamictal works for my Bipolar Disorder. Took a full two months to take effect but I feel way better now. Wasted 11 years struggling on SSRI until I was correctly diagnosed. I never take the time to write reviews but felt this is good enough to take the time to share."

Joedan · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Been on Lamictal for about 2 months now for Bipolar and I love it. I was always diagnosed with depression and anxiety until recently. Since being diagnosed properly and taking lamictal I feel great. I no longer feel like a zombie and blah all the time. Lamictal really helped me get my life together. I have motivation and enjoy my life now. Love this med!!!"

Clumzyklutz · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 4, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I am autistic, not bipolar, but was prescribed Lamictal (400mg) really worked for my major meltdowns. It has decreased my issues by 80-90%. My family can definitely tell when I forget to take it because I turn into a hot emotional mess! I wish I would have had this as a kid because it would have saved me a lot of unnecessary stress and anxiety. The ONLY drawback is that the pill tastes absolutely horrible. If I get a taste of it on my tongue, it makes me want to vomit. Sometimes it just won’t go down with my other pills so I’m left struggling to swallow it."

Tesa · Taken for 10 years or more March 12, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Lamictal 200mg for 11 years! This is in a combination with many other medications for Bipolar II! I always research my medications myself & ask for what I feel is right for me! So far, so good!"

Angry Rump · Taken for 10 years or more March 11, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Lamictal is fantastic for my bipolar. I have been taking it for 20+ years. No side effects. Started at 100 mg up to 300mg now. Doesn’t upset my stomach. I love it. Twice a day keeps the anger away."

Anni · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Lamotrigine (the generic Lamictal) for just short of one month. I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder recently after years of thinking I had depression and anxiety. Lamictal has worked miracles for me! I can't believe this is how neurotypical people feel day to day. I've been missing out my whole life and wish I took it sooner! I'm productive, I sleep normally, and I experience little to no anxiety or intense moods. Only downfall is I have had some vivid dreams and nightmares but they're definitely not as bad as my mood swings. Not even 100 percent sure they're from the Lamictal. Only reason why I gave it a 9/10 is because I haven't been on it for too long yet (25 MG twice daily)"

Potato · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 19, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug genuinely saved my life. I'm 25 and have exhibited depressive symptoms for the past 10 years, which is way too long to wait to get properly treated. It took getting on Effexor and experiencing mixed-states/rapid-cycling/suicidal thoughts before I was correctly diagnosed with Bipolar II. I started feeling positive effects on 100 mg Lamictal. I have been stable on 200 mg for a year now, and the only side effects I experienced were fatigue and mildly fragmented sleep the week after increasing dosage. One of Lamictal's bonus effects for me was tamping down my anxiety and panic to almost nothing - this and lifting my omnipresent depression have truly been a life-changer. No side effects now and I am the most happy, productive, and fulfilled I have been in a decade!"

dede · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 27, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I had tried every kind of medication for my bipolar condition and this was the only one that worked well. I had no bad side effects I took this for1 0 years I highly recommend"

JBreezy1 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 25, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Lamictal is the best drug I’ve ever taken. I had severe low moods for 5 years and they were totally gone at 300 mg. It took 3 years for me to even hit a depressive low, and that was because of a real life event. I am still eccentric and exercize like a maniac. The drug is not great alone for mania and anxiety. No hair loss, no mental dulling, does not make you tired, ZERO sexual side effects. Take only for bipolar depression, not for problems associated with extreme highs. If you are lucky enough to take this without the extreme side effects that some experience during titration, you are taking the most effective drugs to manage low mood swings. Rarely does a drug have such positive reviews. (Taken for 4 years)"

Robin · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Has anyone experienced confusion and difficulty with words while on lamictal?? Just started taking it on the 17th of January. I'm very scared of psych meds."

JE · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "Be Very Careful! I was given this medication for Bipolar with small increases in dosage because I'm very sensitive to medications. However I did experience a very negative side effect attacking my nervous system. One day as I was typing on my computer after taking this medication my legs felt funny at first and then went numb which landed me on the floor nearly helpless. The only part of my body I could feel were my upper part of body from elbows up! Using my elbows to drag myself to a phone for help. PLEASE be careful when starting this medication! Due to my severe reaction to this medication I filed a report with F D A."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)