User Reviews for Risperidone systemic

Agitation
2.8

Summary of Risperidone reviews 5.9 410 reviews

Reviews for Risperidone

For Depression: "Quit taking risperdial"

Steve (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "It was good to calm me down at first, but stopped working within a month and I wake up during sleep many times from it. Your nose will get clogged heavily by this medication, so get a humidifier if you are planning to get on it."

Your nickname (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for : "I was prescribed Risperdal to augment Prozac in 2004. I should never have been prescribed this medication. I returned several times for increases in Risperdal and was never advised of the potential irreversible effects and the difficulty I would experience trying to discontinue this medication 10 years later. The side effects discontinuing this medication affected my physical, emotional and cognitive wellbeing. I submitted an "Adverse Reaction" to the Canadian Health Authority. This medication has a place in medicine but was not appropriate for someone who never experiences psychotic episodes. Antipsychotics are not appropriate for anxiety and depression."

PsychLPN (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 2, 2018

For Anxiety: "I am on fortnightly injections of 25 mg and it is hell. I feel this awful restlessness all the time and can't do anything with my life. It is AWFUL. All I do is lie on the couch and suffer. And I get this thing with my eyes. It is such an evil medication and I can't get away as I am forced on this medication."

Crispy Packet (taken for 10 years or more) December 1, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Pro: seems to have completely eliminated my psychosis which had been intense and long lasting. Cons : weight gain and increased prolactin levels leading to sluggishness, impotence, premature ejaculation and general sexual dysfunction. Made me feel weak and lethargic and fat. Was on a dose of 5mg and am now down to 1.5 but I'm still not comfortable taking this med. I don't want sexual side effects or weight gain or elevated prolactin. For that reason I'm thinking I'll have to switch to abilify. Overall I'm not a fan of risperidone even though it works so well for me in that I have no psychosis."

Bipolar with psychosis (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "I passed out with this drug, it slows my thinking process down, my heart rate palpitates, I can’t breath sometimes"

Kem (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "I had a period of psychosis and I started taking resperidone last march and I haven't had any relapses. I have gained a couple of pounds, I am worried that I also feel emotionally flat. Don't know if I should try 1 mg instead of 2mg or eventually ween off out of fear of a horrible relapse that would ruin everything. I felt anxiety increase at doses higher up to 6 mg. Still suffer from anxiety and worry over basically everything."

wanderlust (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 18, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Absolutely horrible drug! I had worsened serious depression and severe akathisia from it. Agitation, irritability anxiety, aggression also came into play. I have tried many antipsychotics on the market and this one is by far the worst (Now on Quitepine and Abilify - much better!). No redeeming qualities whatsoever."

Metalstorm October 15, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was failed by mental health professionals by being prescribed with medications that debilitated me for years, this being one of them and I couldn’t do anything about it because I wanted to believe they were helping me. I became dependant on it and it made me delusional, fatigued, my ability to do anything became poor and my behaviour became strange and eccentric. I gained weight and I felt as if I had something wrong with me. It calmed my nerves but that was the dangerous part about taking this medication - I became mentally addicted to it and that’s why I never fought to come off it until I realised just how much it was ruining my life. Overall I have no words to describe the amount of damage this medication has done to me. I am no longer on this medication and I am so grateful that after almost a year I’m starting to feel better. I do not recommend this medication at all, especially for anyone under the age of 18."

Lily October 9, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I got put on this medication for psychosis, delusions in December of 2017. I started at 0.5mg and slowly raised to 3mg. So far, this is a decent drug. I feel like the way I was before my psychotic episodes began, and it's very nice. The downside is high prolactin levels and slight weight gain (roughly 10lbs). My doctor and I are in the process of getting off of it (currently at 2mg) but this drug did the trick to placate delusions. I would recommend but not for long term."

Hell yah October 2, 2018

For Agitation: "My parents put me on this medication because they feel like I have had problems with anger. I can control it around my friends at school, but my parents know how to work me up and get on my nerves and I yell at them. So they put me on it for anger control medicine. I have anxiety and depression. This med has only made me feel so numb, I hardly feel happiness anymore. I have only felt happiness maybe 10 times this year and its October. I get bursts of anxiety, depression, sometimes I feel a little anger but not a lot, but I hardly feel happiness. I feel like a robot and not real. It also gives me twitches sometimes, memory issues, dizziness every single time I get up from laying down, and a fast heartbeat. I'm sick of the way I feel. I cant wait to get off of this medicine to get an anxiety one. Hopefully it wont make me feel this numb."

k (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medication is not for me. It makes me tired all the time. Basically I sleep for 10 hours, wake up tired, force myself to shower, go to work tired, come home from work and lay around, repeat. Even on my off days I’m tired and spend it laying around sleeping. I don’t want to cook, I don’t want to exercise, and don’t have a sex drive. I was prescribed it for bipolar but there was a time I thought I was hearing voices and ended up in the hospital. I told my doc about what was happening and the dosage was lowered. Things got better but they're still nothing like my normal. I will ask to stop taking this medication, it’s terrible."

Texasheat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "God bless you .. Hi everyone who is reading this , I have PTSD anxiety disorder and worry ,panic and depression and mental struggles. I’m a active alcoholic but attempting to quite drinking. I have PTSD and anti social anxiety disorder "

Mathew alcoholic (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "Good for anxiety and panic attacks"

Jojo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 19, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "horrible drug."

mike (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I suffer from major depressive disorder and ended up in the psychiatric hospital with thoughts of suicide and extremely bad depression. They prescribed me risperdal 2mg I started off at 140lbs since being on the medication I am 230lb almost double my weight and have gained puffy tender breasts. As for the pill working it works 100% at what its suppose to do. If your extremely in need of help and don't care for the side effects go for it."

Bsf (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

Risperdal Consta (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Can't play sports any more on med. Can't think straight. Constantly tired. Don't even have enough drive to bathe myself. This drug suppresses me in all aspects. The schizophrenia isn't even that bad in comparison to this. It's torture being on this. One day society will see how bad we were mistreated ."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2018

For Paranoid Disorder: "I was started on respiridone 11 months ago, I started on 0.5mg and went up to 5mg at one stage. In the past three months somewhere in the range of 1.5mg to 2mg is my prefered dosage. When I think back on my quality of life before respiridone it makes me appreciate how helpful this drug has been for me. I find it very calming and I still believe I have my personality, other people have noticed that I am a lot more positive and less anxious. I gave it an 8, due to the potential of weight gain, I did find the higher dosage (>2mg) to make me lazy and unmotivated thats why I brought it back down to the 1mg to 2mg range and I still get all the beneifits at this range. I have lost 5kg in the past 4 months (eating normally and long distance running). I suffered from paranoid thoughts coupled with OCD."

Hopes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "At the beginning of taking this medication I was on 0.5mg twice a day. Now my doctor upped it to 1.0mg twice a day...and boy do I feel drowsy all day long! I even took a pregnancy test because I was so tired. But no its the increase in the dosage. If I didn't have 2 young children dependent on me I would have never got out of bed since yesterday. I feel that exhausted. I will go back to the doctor ASAP, I can't walk around like a zombie. I don't know what feeling is worse."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for : "I was prescribed risperidone for anxiety because all the other medication I tried weren't working or had bad side effects . I take a low dose of risperdone about 1 mg a day . It's the best medication I've ever taken for both anxiety and I find it also helps my depression a lot as well. It makes me feel more motivated and can get through most of the feelings that I was struggle in with everyday . The only side effect I've noticed with the dose I take is a bit of drowsiness but I usually take caffeine in the morning and helps as far as that. Other than that it works really well for me ."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for : "My daughter was prescribed this drug for depression at age 25 by her primary physician. The result was almost catatonic, detached, had to quit her job in education, is still blackballed by the local district for quitting (they did not offer her family leave) and truly has lost at least 9 years of her life. She was/is not bi polar. or any of the other diseases listed for use. We should have sued. BEWARE OF THIS DRUG AND ITS USES. We almost lost our daughter to enhanced symptoms."

nessdiv (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "I am now thinking that after 15 years of being on Risperidone it might actually be the cause of all my weight gain, dont get me wrong I always had a weight problem before the pills but thinking about it I have gone from 120kg to now a whooping 240kg. There must be some hope for me I will try a high protein diet. It's like I always have the munchies and my mouth always craves food I am on 2mg a day if that helps."

Dan (taken for 10 years or more) August 12, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Was put on risperdal when first hospitalized and diagnosed with schizophrenia. Gained about 100 lbs in a year. Felt dull cognitively. Slept the majority of the day. No psychotic symptoms. Delusions and hallucinations gone. No agitation. No anxiety tremors."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was prescribed Risperdal after voluntarily admitting myself into a psychiatric hospital in Connecticut back in '17. Risperdal was the first antipsychotic drug that I was administered during my stay, and while I did experience some relief from my anxiety, I would say that the side-effects were more negative than positive. Upon entering the hospital, I was aware of my surroundings and completely aware of reality. At time I was also unsure of my own diagnosis so it wasn't easy taking the Risperdal. I was officially diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and paranoid ideation. Upon release I found the side effects to be negative. I was sleeping the majority of the day at my house, and had a difficult time finding motivation to leave the house. Drug is incredibly powerful and while I think it can be used for very severe illnesses, I wouldn't recommend it until someone is thoroughly evaluated and the proper diagnosis is made."

K-Man July 24, 2018

For Depression: "Do not recommend. Did not help condition and cause massive weight gain. 60 lbs!"

ellachen (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...