User Reviews for Risperidone

Also known as: Risperdal, Risperdal Consta, Risperdal M-Tab

Learn more about Risperidone.

Tic Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Nightmares 1 reviews 0 medications

Agitation 1 reviews 6 medications

Summary of Risperidone reviews 296 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Risperidone

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I wish I could give Risperidal/Risperidone 0 stars. Worst medication I've ever had to take. Made me so exhausted despite getting 12 hours of sleep a night and made me gain 30lbs. This medication slapped the heart right out of me and I was a zombie, devoid of any emotion for months. I wouldn't slip this to my worst enemy."

HannaKK March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medicine helps with my schizophrenia, calms me down but that's about it. But the worst things about it are the freaking side effects! Look I took this medicine in first grade for irritability, took it again in middle school now I'm 20 and started back up again a few months ago..it makes me soooooo sleepy that I'm falling into things, I get severe panic attacks and I'm hungry as hell hence why I gained 11 lbs. Oh and I have this funny, unbearable feeling in my right leg and it's sooo uncomfortable omg! But on the other hand its not as bad as latuda or haldol but its worth it i guess"

aria9671 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia: "This is a miracle drug for us. Lots of prayers for the one who discovered it. My mum was finally diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2015 after 10 years. Those 10 years were horrific and prior to diagnoses the situation got so much worse that the last option, which was staring us in the eye, was to institutionalize her. Me and my siblings faced a very turbulent childhood, it was a roller-coaster ride. But this drug changed everything to the point of disbelief. My mum has changed from a lunatic to a stereotypical, traditional, loving mom. The effects of the drug were instant- within a month. The dosage is 1ml in the morning and 2ml in the night- we mix it in her food or drinks. "

aa96 March 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "calms me down too much"

scrabble queen (taken for 10 years or more) March 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "It was an utter nightmare. I got heavy dissociation, felt like zombie just from one dose and couldn't shake it off for two days. It made me feel like I was sleepwalking and gave me more anxiety. I stopped it immediately. It was the worst I've ever felt. I then continued on SSRI's and had way better experience. My doctor made mistake with this prescription. Hope nobody else is given the wrong medication like I was."

heep (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was on this medication at 0.5mg twice a day. Was only on it for a month and a half I gained 20 pounds I was hungry all the time and it raised my prolactin levels so high I started to lactate. This drug made me feel like a zombie I couldn't concentrate or had any desire for anything in like. I stopped taking this drug for only five days now and already I am starting to loose weight and feel some what normal again. Trying to try other methods to control my disorder without having to rely on drugs"

Elamp February 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Risperdal (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I left a review once before, but have to add to it. I took this medicine for awhile & it helped stabilize my mood. Everything was great, until one day I noticed I was secreting breast milk. The doctor checked my prolactin level & it was very high. It was in the 100's. I had to stop taking this medicine, which is unfortunate."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "Not much relief with lots of side effects."

Ag50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asperger Syndrome: "Use to take 3mg, but was too sedating. I currently take .75 at bedtime, and it keeps me calm during the day. Only feel a little irritable at times still, but nothing like prior to taking risperidone. Just 10 lbs in weight gain which I think I needed. I take it in combination with antidepressants, and works very well."

jmncrr (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Works ok! 6 months later I am still taking it and the side-effects slowly disperse. 6 months later though I feel like I need something else for the voices..."

ks2012ks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Paranoid Disorder: "This drug made me EXTREMELY TIRED. It was like being on heroine. Barely being able to keep my eyes open. I've never been this tired in my life"

Kkml January 11, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tic Disorder: "I have OCD and trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling). I started taking Risperdal in Jan of 2016 (age 18), and was up to 1mg in March. I still had not noticed changes in my behavior as far as the pulling went or the obsessive thoughts. In a last ditch effort to see if the Risperdal would be effective, we went up to 2mg. After three weeks, I noticed a huge change in behavior. I had little urge to pull anymore. It was such a relief. But then came the long term side effects. I stopped getting periods and my eyes started twitching. I'm now being weened off the drug because of the side effects. The drug seems to work great for OCD and trich, but the side effects ended up being too much for me to manage."

Siwithlove (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "great drug. mood has improved 100%. little to no side effects. I have been on different drugs for years This one works. If u are depressed have anger issuses, trouble sleeping this drug works. Finally after years of depression, mood swings and uncontrolled anger , I have found peace of mind"

jimmiebm December 28, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I just got this new medication I think I need more professional help I'm new in this things some people think I'm crazy but I'm not! about this medication I need more information"

I thick i need more help December 24, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Risperdal (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "Was only on 2mg of Risperdal for two months. While it did handle my moods and anger outbursts almost completely, it did nothing to help with insomnia, which should have been my clue that it was too activating for me. A month after starting this med I started having heart palpitations (I've never had a heart problem) that continued to get worse until I had been to the ER twice, family Dr once, with an appt scheduled with a cardiologist, legitimately thinking something major was wrong. Two dr's suggested that Risperdal could be causing it, so I began tapering. Two weeks later I am completely off the Risperdal, back on Zyprexa and my heart is fine now. Very scary for me."

BBP007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I don't have schizophrenia I am undiagnosed. I was having issues with family and certain things in my life. Taking this meds made me feel worse with most of my symptoms. I had moments where I felt over tranquillized and trouble communicating how I really felt. I know I felt better before the medication. Now that I am off of it my list of negative side effects is quite large. I wouldn't reccomend this medication to anyone. Especially if you have an endless diagnosis in the first place. Be careful believing what your Drs say. They get all of their recommendations from pharmaceutical companies. Once I was off of this medication Drs. Refuse to listen to me. They just recommend I take it again or take other drugs. They refuse to admit their mistakes. They refuse to acknowledge anything."

HopelessAgain December 14, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I have Inattentive ADHD, but at the time they were thinking that I have depression and gave me this + Fevarin, took them for about two monts. Results : Personality change, depersonalisation, my emotions are dumbed down, years have passed, it is better, but I still have the effects. Maybe it helps someone, but be careful, or you can end up like me. The thing I regret the most in my life..."

Hurrik December 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Risperdal (risperidone) for Autism: "My son is high functioning autistic. His behavior specialist recommend risperdol .05mg daily for my son for aggression and violent out bursts. After being on it for a week we noticed that he is much calmer. We have noticed some side effects such as. Hyper attentiveness, nightmares, muscle spasms and itchiness."

G-man's mom (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I have taken risperdal for 3 mos. on 3mg along with 50 mg Zoloft. It has been good so far but have had problems with not being sleepy, not being hungry, and being unable to orgasm"

Benhameen (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "The shrink prescribed Risperdal 3mg a day then had me come off it. I had withdraw symptoms of fear and panic attack so I overdose and took 20 pills of 3mg then started hallucinating then attempted suicide but arrested by police. They did a procedure in hospital while pass out."

Munshkin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 1, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "With this medication, which I was on for a month at 0.5 mg, I felt nauseous constantly, I felt feverish, and I gained 10 pounds without having much of an appetite. I developed restless legs, shaking and tremors. At one point, I fainted and fell to the floor shaking. It never relieved any of my symptoms. It was only like taking a pill that made me sick. Now, I'm not saying this isn't the right medication for YOU, only that it had these adverse effects on me."

EmilyJo32y6 November 28, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Risperdal (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "After going through my third manic episode I was prescribed 6mg of resperidal which immediately made me feel like an absolute zombie. I couldn't think clearly, was extremely tired all of the time l, and was unhappy. Through the course of about 4 months my dosage is now 1 mg and I don't feel the severe side effects. Good medicine in controlling the mania but in high dosages will make you feel like a zombie"

Tirp (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Been on 2 weeks after trying dozens of anti depressants and anti psycotics! It has helped me sleep better I find it quite sedative! My appetite has increased after battling anorexia so this is a miracle for me! I look better and am being more house proud and looking after my environment and apperance!!! Even friends have noticed a change in me! I'm speaking more productive things rather then talk about my horrible past. So yeah, so far so great! X"

Hou October 23, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I started risperidone after my last hospitalization for PTSD with psychosis. Before risperidone I suffered from insomnia, nightmares, and paranoia that lead me to full blown psychotic state. I now live a more normal life with few symptoms. I take risperidone with sertraline and clonazepam at night then pass out for about 10 hours. I suffer from mental fog and lack of emotion on the drug. I don't fully wake up until about 4 pm after my afternoon nap. It has also caused my periods to stop and enlarged breasts that leak once I up'd to 2 mg. Going to try ziprazidone next to see if I can have better quality of life."

Anonymous vet October 20, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been diagnosed with bipolar mania in the past 2 weeks and I have been prescribed lithium and Risperdal. My symptoms are so much better! I am feeling much more balanced and am sleeping much better. I would recommend the care of a caring psychiatrist to aid in symptom stabilization and medication management."

Moxieg (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016