User Reviews for Risperidone

Agitation
2.7

Summary of Risperidone reviews 6.0 398 reviews

Reviews for Risperidone

For Anxiety: "Good for anxiety and panic attacks"

Jojo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 19, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "horrible drug."

mike (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I suffer from major depressive disorder and ended up in the psychiatric hospital with thoughts of suicide and extremely bad depression. They prescribed me risperdal 2mg I started off at 140lbs since being on the medication I am 230lb almost double my weight and have gained puffy tender breasts. As for the pill working it works 100% at what its suppose to do. If your extremely in need of help and don't care for the side effects go for it."

Bsf (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

Risperdal Consta (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Can't play sports any more on med. Can't think straight. Constantly tired. Don't even have enough drive to bathe myself. This drug suppresses me in all aspects. The schizophrenia isn't even that bad in comparison to this. It's torture being on this. One day society will see how bad we were mistreated ."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2018

For Paranoid Disorder: "I was started on respiridone 11 months ago, I started on 0.5mg and went up to 5mg at one stage. In the past three months somewhere in the range of 1.5mg to 2mg is my prefered dosage. When I think back on my quality of life before respiridone it makes me appreciate how helpful this drug has been for me. I find it very calming and I still believe I have my personality, other people have noticed that I am a lot more positive and less anxious. I gave it an 8, due to the potential of weight gain, I did find the higher dosage (>2mg) to make me lazy and unmotivated thats why I brought it back down to the 1mg to 2mg range and I still get all the beneifits at this range. I have lost 5kg in the past 4 months (eating normally and long distance running). I suffered from paranoid thoughts coupled with OCD."

Hopes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "At the beginning of taking this medication I was on 0.5mg twice a day. Now my doctor upped it to 1.0mg twice a day...and boy do I feel drowsy all day long! I even took a pregnancy test because I was so tired. But no its the increase in the dosage. If I didn't have 2 young children dependent on me I would have never got out of bed since yesterday. I feel that exhausted. I will go back to the doctor ASAP, I can't walk around like a zombie. I don't know what feeling is worse."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for : "I was prescribed risperidone for anxiety because all the other medication I tried weren't working or had bad side effects . I take a low dose of risperdone about 1 mg a day . It's the best medication I've ever taken for both anxiety and I find it also helps my depression a lot as well. It makes me feel more motivated and can get through most of the feelings that I was struggle in with everyday . The only side effect I've noticed with the dose I take is a bit of drowsiness but I usually take caffeine in the morning and helps as far as that. Other than that it works really well for me ."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for : "My daughter was prescribed this drug for depression at age 25 by her primary physician. The result was almost catatonic, detached, had to quit her job in education, is still blackballed by the local district for quitting (they did not offer her family leave) and truly has lost at least 9 years of her life. She was/is not bi polar. or any of the other diseases listed for use. We should have sued. BEWARE OF THIS DRUG AND ITS USES. We almost lost our daughter to enhanced symptoms."

nessdiv (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "I am now thinking that after 15 years of being on Risperidone it might actually be the cause of all my weight gain, dont get me wrong I always had a weight problem before the pills but thinking about it I have gone from 120kg to now a whooping 240kg. There must be some hope for me I will try a high protein diet. It's like I always have the munchies and my mouth always craves food I am on 2mg a day if that helps."

Dan (taken for 10 years or more) August 12, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Was put on risperdal when first hospitalized and diagnosed with schizophrenia. Gained about 100 lbs in a year. Felt dull cognitively. Slept the majority of the day. No psychotic symptoms. Delusions and hallucinations gone. No agitation. No anxiety tremors."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was prescribed Risperdal after voluntarily admitting myself into a psychiatric hospital in Connecticut back in '17. Risperdal was the first antipsychotic drug that I was administered during my stay, and while I did experience some relief from my anxiety, I would say that the side-effects were more negative than positive. Upon entering the hospital, I was aware of my surroundings and completely aware of reality. At time I was also unsure of my own diagnosis so it wasn't easy taking the Risperdal. I was officially diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and paranoid ideation. Upon release I found the side effects to be negative. I was sleeping the majority of the day at my house, and had a difficult time finding motivation to leave the house. Drug is incredibly powerful and while I think it can be used for very severe illnesses, I wouldn't recommend it until someone is thoroughly evaluated and the proper diagnosis is made."

K-Man July 24, 2018

For Depression: "Do not recommend. Did not help condition and cause massive weight gain. 60 lbs!"

ellachen (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This is a life destroying drug.I have anger issues and this drug was mixed in my food by my family. I couldn't read a book, enjoy music or watch TV .My thought process became impaired.I suffered from the worst kind of akathisia, endlessly walking for seven months and had suicidal thoughts. I became drowsy, lost all motivation and couldn't care about anything. I was able to come off it after a great struggle and remained drug free for eleven years and was able to enjoy all the things I couldn't because of this drug. Unfortunately, however, my siblings have again mixed it in my food as I had to stay with them. All the side effects are back and life feels like a nightmare devoid of purpose again."

aw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 17, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "it does absolutely nothing to help with hearing voices..it makes you eat too much & it's honestly making me psychotic & delusional. But who knows it might be because I'm schizophrenic.. it doesn't help at all I don't like it ..need something stronger to help with hearing voices"

not happy (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Good medication."

cláudio (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2018

For Asperger Syndrome: "I was born with Aspergers and I was frequently irritable. I also had difficulty concentrating in class. I was prescribed to take Methylphenidate in the morning and Risperidone at night time. After 1 month my thoughts and concentration has improved thanks to Methylphenidate and Risperidone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "At first I absolutely loved this medication it was the first time I felt truly normal in my life. I was on 1 mg twice a day. After a few days I started getting terrible leg pains mostly behind my knees and bottom of my heels. So stopped taking it for a few days my paranoia came back I took half a tablet and it was fine in a couple hours. So my dose was decreased to .5mg once a day. I felt fabulous for the next month then suddenly bang I had the most severe nerve pain in my legs and arms all the way down to my toes it was like walking on fire. My whole body would suddenly jolt also like I was electrocuted. It took me 9 days to seek medical attention because I couldn’t move or think. I thought the pain was subsiding it felt pins and needles then suddenly the pain changed and I was freezing cold instead of burning hot. I got some Valium and the nerve pain slowly went away I took a sleeping pill and was finally able to sleep. Most horrible experience I ever had."

Molly July 6, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "19 years old, using 2 ml instead of 3 1/2ml and actually 4 ml was initially prescribed by a psychiatrist. It was because I was hearing voices and was paranoid and smoking marijuana almost every day for a period of 6 months. I got as side effects stiffness, spasms, trembling, increase in saliva, decrease in sexual ability. I have been taking now 1 pill every other day until I don't take it anymore since the doctor said that I had to take it at least for a year without smoking to find out if the problem goes away. I'm looking for another pill to control the these symptoms and I am not smoking or hearing voices anymore. Read all the comments but I do not constipate or gain weight. Since I lowered the dose I am more sociable, smile and confident but the spams worry me since they happen like 3 or 4 times a day."

FA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 28, 2018

For Depression: "Didn’t help me at all."

Anonymous June 26, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Worst drug I've ever been on. It increased my appetite a lot, I was like an addict of food. It made me more depressed and anxious. I stopped taking it a week after."

Sinispia (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medication saved my life. Been taking it for two years following two very difficult psychosis episodes and my brain is a mess without this medication. Without it, I have very weird and intrusive thoughts about the nature of reality. Paranoid thoughts are all but gone as well. The only side effect I noticed is weight gain, which I honestly don't mind."

Charles120 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 22, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Risperidone made me feel out of it and tired all of the time. I would find myself drooling. I would fall asleep unintentionally. I gained like 30lbs too. that was it for me."

BPD Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2018

For Severe Mood Dysregulation: "We used Risperidone for our son since he was 5 years old. It was a real change. He used to have meltdowns which lasted 1 hour or more almost every day, some days 2-3 per day. We were exhausted. We started with 2, 3 drops, he overdosed because he was so sensitive, we had to stop and start again slowly, but once we did that, it was a completely different kid. The dosage had to be increased every 2 weeks and with time the doctor didn't want to increase the dosage anymore. He stopped the medicine with 10 drops in the morning and 10 drops at night, weighing less than 23 kg. He is skinny, never gain weight, because of his hyperactivity. The risperidal never helped with ADHD, just with the aggressiveness and meltdowns. If it weren't because of how quickly the body was getting used to the drug, it is a good drug for him. We had to change for another medication, but it was not so effective as risperidone. He had more meltdowns, throwing things and hitting us everyday like before."

GG June 13, 2018

For Anxiety: "It has helped my hallucinations, anxiety, and depression. The only bad side effect was extreme weight gain 20 to 40 pounds more. Also constipation also got worse where it was hard for me to go on time."

Elsa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I took risperidone for a short period of time 9 years ago. I was going through an extremely traumatic situation and was having severe and dangerous mental breakdowns. I was given multiple medications and the only thing I remember feeling different from the antidepressants and the anti-anxiety was the lactating nipples and all stimulating sensations were deteriorated. But in my head I did not feel better. However then I started to take Risperidone. I remember the moment of taking it and it kicking in feeling amazing. I went from having a manic episodes to just feeling fine and dandy. I'm still trying to find a review of somebody who has had the same experience with me feeling so good because it seems everybody else has an experience similar to each other but different from mine. I didn't take the drug for long as the doctor removed it from my prescription list because they decided I was not psychotic and didn't need it."

Ananamiss May 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...