User Reviews for Abilify Maintena

Bipolar Disorder
5.5

Summary of Abilify Maintena reviews 6.1 12 reviews

Reviews for Abilify Maintena

For Schizophrenia "I have been taken the drug for over a year now no side effects."

Big Ali (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 7, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I was put on this injection, after my insurance wouldn't cover any other injection other than prolixin. I was covered for this injection through the Prelapse Study. Now if anyone has ever been on Prolixin, you should know that the effect are extremely bad so being on Abilify Maintena was a god send. It overall changed me completely to where I am functioning at a normal state, and haven't been in the hospital since I have been put on this injection. I do have some side effect from the injection, which most notably is the uncontrollable muscle movments, which I am uncertain if this is unreleated to the drug itself or if I have a form of tourette's. Also I did notice some uncontrollable urges in spending money/gambling, more than what I thought I would have normally done. Overall to be honest, the benefits out weight the cons in my concern."

A A Ron (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 6, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I can't bare this injection. It make me zombie and not feel anything any emotion or any feeling of pleasure."

S.K June 16, 2018

For Schizophrenia "This medications side effects are far worse then any good it does. If you don't mind sleeping all day , gaining weight , breaking out with zits , becoming a total zombie and doing nothing productive with your life at all this is the drug for you. Hearing voices is not so bad in comparison to how bad this drug makes you feel and the want to gambling your life savings away. The second the injection enters your blood you instantly feel greasy. This stuff is a total joke and has the power to turn a smart and clever individual into a total brainless slug."

Overmydeadbody (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I have been on this medication for 3 months and it has worked for my condition (Schizophrenia) the voices are less frequent and I am able to live a normal life. 9/10"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "This is my story. 20 years ago I developed clinical depression possibly bipolar. That was bad enough but the change in brain chemistry plunged me into immediate/overnight alcoholism. Nothing worked for 20 years. This drug cured my alcoholism. I am a normal drinker now. I have no idea why this drug cured my alcoholism but it did."

sammymaguire (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "It's not for me 6 weeks on and cannot wait till it's out my system. Makes me feel like I can't stay in one place too long. It has ruined my sleep and has made me unsocial. I am not saying it's a bad drug just not for me......"

vinnyofvinny January 8, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I have been taking this drug for a year now and its finally stopped the psychotic episodes I was having. It works for me anyway."

113344411 November 12, 2017

For Schizophrenia "This medicine provided so much hope regarding the struggle to find ANY medicine that would help the combative nature of schizophrenia. Only ABILIFY MAINTANA injection has improved my sons thought processes. He has been less delusional more lucid for the first time in 12 years , The anger and frustration of daily life has calmed. It truly is life changing. I pray that this medicine can help billions more angry raging delusional young men and young woman . Thank goodness for this INJECTION being on the market for this sad disease that has ruined so many lives in the past . Now I have hope going forward for all diseases that rob the mind and thoughts of many persons . Thank you "

MHR (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

For Schizophrenia "Forced onto this medication via a CTO. Delusions are still strong and troublesome. Doctors have no idea how to treat this condition. Side effects include insomnia, anxiety, constantly feeling sick and have therefore lost weight. This medication is completely ineffective and it is easier to live with the delusions without the negative side effects."

Flowag77 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2017

For Schizophrenia "If you want to sleep between 7-10 hours a day and want a good sex life this is the medication for you. I have had no side effects no shakes tremors drowsiness. On clopixol I used to sleep up to 20 hours the doctors will be reluctant to put you on it as it is very expensive but if you work or want to return to work or study this is the medication for you"

nutty shahid (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2016

For Schizophrenia "Have been using this medication since I was 10 year old. I am now 16 years old."

jazzypoohbaerr May 8, 2013