User Reviews for Abilify Maintena to treat Schizophrenia

Abilify Maintena Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 82 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Abilify Maintena

"For my schizophrenia opted in for Abilify Mainena as an alternative to Invega Sustena. Granted that I was on Invega Sustena for between 6-12 months prior with bland emotions at that time, I did some research and gave Abilify Maintena a chance. That was late 2014. Now it's early 2019, and I want everyone to know that by this time, I have regained some emotional ability. I am also able to focus on complex tasks with a significantly better ability than I would be without an antipsychotic. I have concerns though. I have a physical standing job and I walk to work, and all I can do is maintain my weight within a 10 pound range. I felt good, and the Abilify Maintena kept me resilient when things got tough. For the record, I used to have suicidal thoughts long before starting Abilify Maintena, but I never contemplated it while on it. One last thing: I have always taken a low dosage of Abilify Maintena. I do not ever recommend medium or high dosages to start with."

Duduk Fan (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2019

"So I've been on this Abilify Injection (against my will) for a couple of years because my family just wants me to be normal again. And man, do I feel normal! It's so great! (I was being sarcastic...really, really sarcastic) I can't sleep for more than a couple hours at a time, I suffer from persistent psychological pain due to anxiety/restless leg, and I have gained 70 lbs! And there's more! If I keep taking it, I'll probably wind up with diabetes! What a great drug to give a permanently disabled veteran to ensure that they live a long, peaceful life! Seriously though...It's terrible. Low quality of life in exchange for little to no psychotic symptoms...Bad Trade. Find something else that works for your condition!!!!!!"

A Guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2019

"This drug is terrible. I can’t remember a thing. No desire or passion for anything. Stops my thought process almost entirely. Very scary."

14443413 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2018

"I have been taken the drug for over a year now no side effects."

Big Ali (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 7, 2018

"I was put on this injection, after my insurance wouldn't cover any other injection other than prolixin. I was covered for this injection through the Prelapse Study. Now if anyone has ever been on Prolixin, you should know that the effect are extremely bad so being on Abilify Maintena was a god send. It overall changed me completely to where I am functioning at a normal state, and haven't been in the hospital since I have been put on this injection. I do have some side effect from the injection, which most notably is the uncontrollable muscle movments, which I am uncertain if this is unreleated to the drug itself or if I have a form of tourette's. Also I did notice some uncontrollable urges in spending money/gambling, more than what I thought I would have normally done. Overall to be honest, the benefits out weight the cons in my concern."

A A Ron (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 6, 2018

"I can't bare this injection. It make me zombie and not feel anything any emotion or any feeling of pleasure."

S.K June 16, 2018

"This medications side effects are far worse then any good it does. If you don't mind sleeping all day , gaining weight , breaking out with zits , becoming a total zombie and doing nothing productive with your life at all this is the drug for you. Hearing voices is not so bad in comparison to how bad this drug makes you feel and the want to gambling your life savings away. The second the injection enters your blood you instantly feel greasy. This stuff is a total joke and has the power to turn a smart and clever individual into a total brainless slug."

Overmydeadbody (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

"I have been on this medication for 3 months and it has worked for my condition (Schizophrenia) the voices are less frequent and I am able to live a normal life. 9/10"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018

"I have been taking this drug for a year now and its finally stopped the psychotic episodes I was having. It works for me anyway."

113344411 November 12, 2017

"This medicine provided so much hope regarding the struggle to find ANY medicine that would help the combative nature of schizophrenia. Only ABILIFY MAINTANA injection has improved my sons thought processes. He has been less delusional more lucid for the first time in 12 years , The anger and frustration of daily life has calmed. It truly is life changing. I pray that this medicine can help billions more angry raging delusional young men and young woman . Thank goodness for this INJECTION being on the market for this sad disease that has ruined so many lives in the past . Now I have hope going forward for all diseases that rob the mind and thoughts of many persons . Thank you "

MHR (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

"Forced onto this medication via a CTO. Delusions are still strong and troublesome. Doctors have no idea how to treat this condition. Side effects include insomnia, anxiety, constantly feeling sick and have therefore lost weight. This medication is completely ineffective and it is easier to live with the delusions without the negative side effects."

Flowag77 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2017

"If you want to sleep between 7-10 hours a day and want a good sex life this is the medication for you. I have had no side effects no shakes tremors drowsiness. On clopixol I used to sleep up to 20 hours the doctors will be reluctant to put you on it as it is very expensive but if you work or want to return to work or study this is the medication for you"

nutty shahid (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2016

"Have been using this medication since I was 10 year old. I am now 16 years old."

jazzypoohbaerr May 8, 2013