User Reviews for Risperidone to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

Also known as: Risperdal, Risperdal Consta, Perseris

Risperidone has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. 41% of those users who reviewed Risperidone reported a positive effect, while 41% reported a negative effect.

Risperidone Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Reviews for Risperidone

Mike Hunt · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2021

“I have ASPD and was prescribed risperidone to help my aggression and homicidal thoughts (no idea how an antipsychotic was supposed to help) Anyway, all the pills did really was give me super dry mouth, boner problems, made me extra irritable, and dizzy, and weak all the time for no reason at all. I would occasionally see things that weren't there (before I started the pills) but after I started taking them it stopped, so I guess it fixed one thing, but overall it was bad. Take this if you really absolutely need it, and don't miss your dose. I missed two days once and I wigged out mad. 0.5/10”

PastelPink November 5, 2020

“This was no good and made me gain SO much weight”

Xyz · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 8, 2019

“Its a miracle. :))”

neanea March 24, 2009

Risperdal (risperidone): “My son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 5 and was put on Adderall. After about a year I took him to be tested by a psychiatrist. He diagnosed him with borderline personality disorder and put him on Risperdal. After just 1 month I have a new son. My son is still a handful but now in a good way. This drug worked wonders.”

Hou October 23, 2016

“Been on 2 weeks after trying dozens of anti depressants and anti psycotics! It has helped me sleep better I find it quite sedative! My appetite has increased after battling anorexia so this is a miracle for me! I look better and am being more house proud and looking after my environment and apperance!!! Even friends have noticed a change in me! I'm speaking more productive things rather then talk about my horrible past. So yeah, so far so great! X”

BrianMc January 20, 2018

“Hi everyone. I have been taking Risperidone for 6 years now and I have found that it does work to a degree, stabilizing my moods. But it does the job so well that all positive emotions are suppressed as well. I have decided to come off it and see what it's like to feel again, for better or for worse.”

Anonymous August 23, 2011

“My 5 year old son was given this medication for anger associated with ADHD. He started on 0.5 mg and it worked right away. He was better able to control his anger and frustration. I started noticing what I thought were tics which we attributed to a stimulant (and so discontinued that) but kept him on the Risperidone. In fact, the psychiatrist increased his dosage to 1 mg. While the medicine worked in terms of his anger/frustration, he developed a very scary side effect: tardive dyskinesia. I stopped the medicine rather abruptly because of the abnormal movements and we went through a grueling two weeks or so of withdrawal. I know this medicine has some positive effects, but please use with caution.”

EmilyJo32y6 November 28, 2016

“With this medication, which I was on for a month at 0.5 mg, I felt nauseous constantly, I felt feverish, and I gained 10 pounds without having much of an appetite. I developed restless legs, shaking and tremors. At one point, I fainted and fell to the floor shaking. It never relieved any of my symptoms. It was only like taking a pill that made me sick. Now, I'm not saying this isn't the right medication for YOU, only that it had these adverse effects on me.”

Atrocityexhibitioner · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2015

“My horrible morning anxiety is almost gone thanks to respiridone. It also helps a lot with my health anxiety. However I do get heart palpitations and muscle stiffness in my arms and legs. It also makes me quite tired. Hoping the side effects will subside over time.”

MedicationGuinniPig4real! April 11, 2017

“Took this medication for 4 months it didn't do much but help me sleep. I experienced lactation, enlarged breasts "went from a B cup to a Double D" hunger to the point that I never felt full no matter what I ate, obsessive sweating, and the worst thing was that I gained 40lbs in 4 months. I was originally 130lbs and topped off at 170lbs and flushed the remaining medication and had zero withdrawals. Unfortunately this was 3 years ago and no matter what I do I can not lose more than 10lbs and I gain it back off and on. I am getting my thyroid tested to check if it caused it to be come inactive or under active. Because I have never weighed more than 135lbs even after having 3 Full term babies. This Medication should be removed from the market!!!”

Anonymous September 21, 2009

Risperdal (risperidone): “Working well for me. Been taking this medicine for about 2 years now, taking 1mg. 3x's daily. No side effects.”

Luna Darthalida December 10, 2009

Risperdal (risperidone): “So, I've been using that for a long time. I've not come across any side effects myself - and my mom says it has changed me in a good way. I can see that too. ”

BPD Girl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 20, 2018

“Risperidone made me feel out of it and tired all of the time. I would find myself drooling. I would fall asleep unintentionally. I gained like 30lbs too. that was it for me.”

Anonymous November 9, 2008

Risperdal (risperidone): “If taken when feeling "antsy", it relieves my symptoms fast.”

Sinispia · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2018

“Worst drug I've ever been on. It increased my appetite a lot, I was like an addict of food. It made me more depressed and anxious. I stopped taking it a week after.”

cecy13 April 22, 2009

Risperdal (risperidone): “It is a miracle.”

bpdd · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 22, 2018

“it just made me sleep and feel like a zombie for almost 2 years of taking it. I feel like it only stopped my schizophrenia but had not impact on my BPD”

karmashine · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2014

“Wasn't too sedating and did not agitate but I did start lactating before I was even 16.”

Learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder