User Reviews for Risperidone

Also known as: Risperdal, Risperdal Consta, Risperdal M-Tab

Learn more about Risperidone.

Risperidone Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Reviews for Risperidone to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

"With this medication, which I was on for a month at 0.5 mg, I felt nauseous constantly, I felt feverish, and I gained 10 pounds without having much of an appetite. I developed restless legs, shaking and tremors. At one point, I fainted and fell to the floor shaking. It never relieved any of my symptoms. It was only like taking a pill that made me sick. Now, I'm not saying this isn't the right medication for YOU, only that it had these adverse effects on me."

EmilyJo32y6 November 28, 2016

"Been on 2 weeks after trying dozens of anti depressants and anti psycotics! It has helped me sleep better I find it quite sedative! My appetite has increased after battling anorexia so this is a miracle for me! I look better and am being more house proud and looking after my environment and apperance!!! Even friends have noticed a change in me! I'm speaking more productive things rather then talk about my horrible past. So yeah, so far so great! X"

Hou October 23, 2016

"My horrible morning anxiety is almost gone thanks to respiridone. It also helps a lot with my health anxiety. However I do get heart palpitations and muscle stiffness in my arms and legs. It also makes me quite tired. Hoping the side effects will subside over time."

Atrocityexhibitioner (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2015

"Wasn't too sedating and did not agitate but I did start lactating before I was even 16."

karmashine (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2014

"My 5 year old son was given this medication for anger associated with ADHD. He started on 0.5 mg and it worked right away. He was better able to control his anger and frustration. I started noticing what I thought were tics which we attributed to a stimulant (and so discontinued that) but kept him on the Risperidone. In fact, the psychiatrist increased his dosage to 1 mg. While the medicine worked in terms of his anger/frustration, he developed a very scary side effect: tardive dyskinesia. I stopped the medicine rather abruptly because of the abnormal movements and we went through a grueling two weeks or so of withdrawal. I know this medicine has some positive effects, but please use with caution."

Anonymous August 23, 2011

Risperdal (risperidone): "So, I've been using that for a long time. I've not come across any side effects myself - and my mom says it has changed me in a good way. I can see that too. "

Luna Darthalida December 10, 2009

Risperdal (risperidone): "Working well for me. Been taking this medicine for about 2 years now, taking 1mg. 3x's daily. No side effects."

Anonymous September 21, 2009

Risperdal (risperidone): "It is a miracle."

cecy13 April 22, 2009

Risperdal (risperidone): "My son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 5 and was put on Adderall. After about a year I took him to be tested by a psychiatrist. He diagnosed him with borderline personality disorder and put him on Risperdal. After just 1 month I have a new son. My son is still a handful but now in a good way. This drug worked wonders."

neanea March 24, 2009

Risperdal (risperidone): "If taken when feeling "antsy", it relieves my symptoms fast."

Anonymous November 9, 2008