User Reviews for Geodon

Bipolar Disorder 131 reviews 33 medications

5.7
Summary of Geodon reviews 194 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Geodon

For Bipolar Disorder "I was in a very bad place at the time I started taking it. My doctor wanted to ween me off of Effexor after 7 years of 300mg of it. I'll tell you coming off the Effexor is like coming off hard drugs like heroine! I'm not sure if the Zeldox (what they call geodon in Canada) was helping or making it worse. I officially got off the effexor after 10 weeks of weening and I'm still currently on 80mg of Zeldox. I will say you have to eat with this med or else you're really only giving your body half of what you're putting in it. I'm a week into lithium at 600mg. I'm feeling fantastic, but I'm thinking about weening off of the Zeldox, I do not believe its being effective and I'm just getting negative side effects from it."

Denny0505 July 25, 2016

For Schizophrenia "Been on it for nearly 2 months now and I Always take it at a time when I have a meal for best effect. No relapce . I do not gained psychosis when having Geodon. And I do not gain weight on it or feel to extremely hungry when having this. But i've got the same problem that actually occurs with those who having ADHD. Among the problems is lower memory and to shut down things that happens on the same time. Have someone else experience problems that remind of adhd on Geodon? AND my dreams on the nights is Not always something to be proud of or try to impress of. I have dream very sick dreams on Geodon. BUT it feels like I can be myself on it to still be the person who I really are. Geodon got 7 of 10. Still good. This is my experience on Geodon"

jerko (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "For Bipolar . This medicine was Very Dangerous to me. Within the first 2 weeks of being on 30 mg twice a day, I had 2 Seizures. Never have had a seizure in my 45 years of living. Had very bad hallucinations Rapid eye movement during the day, and was worse after any caffeine or cigarette. Had an episode while driving and could not control my actions, went off the road, thru a ditch and into a tree. 2 Fractured Vertabrae, many bruises, concussion. Stopped taking this drug. Thankfully I didn't kill anyone or myself. Finally 2 weeks after I stopped taking, I am finally getting a clear head. But still in Pain from the accident! Would NOT Recommend this Junk for anyone!!"

eggo (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I do not reccomended this AT ALL. Within a week of taking this, I started hallucinating and I got really bad akethesia. I was up for 3 days seeing things, hearing thinks, and I was even having tactile hallucinations. Most horrible experience I've ever had."

Rick LeClair (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on 80 mg twice a day. Couldn't handle that so I started taking both at night. I've been on for 4 years and THEN the side effects started bad dystonia in my legs, arms, and face. Also I was very depressed, felt hallow, and so snappy always yelling at my kids. No ability to cry (you know sometimes a good cry just helps). So I called my doctor and she cut it in half to 80. At first I had some mood swings but I have gotten them under control. Now I just ache all over and have bad headaches. But, on the lighter side, I feel much happier, not scared of people like I was before (because I was sure they were all talking about me and hated me). I haven't decided if I'm going to go off or compltley. Right now, I'm happy where I'm at."

john330 July 3, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I am on lexapro, for depression, n buspar, for anxiety. My Dr added 40 mgs of geodon about 3 weeks ago, as a mood stabilizer... Well, it stabilized my mood, but at the most crazy manic level I've ever had. I sometimes worry myself into mania, which usually lasts about 3 days. Then I sleep it off, n I'm back to my mostly even keel self. Always anxious n slightly depressed, but functioning in the world... I did start this med in a manic phase, but to help calm me. It did not work. N my Dr is on vaca till next week... I've never posted to a forum b4, but I've never felt like this b4. I'm hoping for some insight from others. Has anyone else had this reaction? Please help."

Cali Mel June 28, 2016

For Schizophrenia "20 mg twice per day, a total of 40 mg per day. Not hungry on it. On the contrary. Reduces appetite. take it at the same moment when I have a meal for best effect! No weight gain. No effect on metabolism. Stable blood sugar levels. Working ! I do not feel psychotic on it !"

Henkeboj (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Best med I've been on for my bi-polar. I also take buspirone And trazodone for sleep. I been bi-polar since 21, I think I have taken ever drug there is for this illness. And since my Dr has put me on this drugs I'm finely stable for once in my life."

Jeffery M May 24, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Was prescribed Geodon for mania in Bipolar. Cannot recommend this drug. I tried to go back to work after being in the hospital for 2 weeks. Often, I would fall asleep even while typing or working. This made other activities dangerous and I quickly met with doctor to stop taking this. I can see this as being a short term fix to mania, but ongoing use of this drug is dangerous. It could make you have an accident or worse if driving."

Manuel231 (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Schizophrenia "It's wonderful for treating the symptoms of schizophrenia. Unfortunately it comes with terrible anxiety for me. Almost every night I get this weird, overwhelming feeling, can't sit still and I can only describe it as a panic attack. My benzo doesn't help, all can do is go to bed. I'm only taking 20mg twice a day. I'm scared if I ever need to increase the dosage"

Angela07742 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "this medication made me get rosacea after an all nighter and made me feel like vomiting every time I had to take it with 500 calories. it made me too crazy and there's still the lingering effect and no one thought I was crazy before that or knew and then it was obvious and still is. I never used to get crazy laughing before I don't think but I don't know if it's also because I was in a mental hospital with tons of crazy people and picked up their behaviour. my looks got completely ruined by this medication forever. I'm on 12 mgs of invega and 300 mgs of lamictal right now and I'm doing much better but I think I should be on 400 mgs of lamictal."

alligator112 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2016

For Schizophrenia "60mg very effective for psychotic symptoms. Zero weight gain. However, had to come off due to bad side effects. Quite severe depersonalization and jaw pain. As I understand it, this is quite a rare side effect so I wouldn't let it dissuade you. Reactions to antipsychotics are very much on an individual basis. Would recommend despite my personal side effects."

Nance34 May 2, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Mania and especially mixed mania are the problem. Geodon is my solution. I took myself off because of mouth moves. Bad move? Almost divorced. I can tell when I am manic because I have ideas and insights. Example: the graph of user ratings for geodon treatment of bipolar is itself bipolar. I was doing 3x80mg when the moves started. Back to 1x80 now. Will report back. p.s. great site. I've been here many times but my first post. Thought I should contribute."

early (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This med makes me feel better but does nothing to hit the excessive amount of dopamine in my frontal lobe. This causes me so much frustration. The only thing anti-psychotics ever dealt with was my parietal lobe. Hello! It is "supposed to" clear up my entire brain not just a little bit. I can't function with just a little bit better."

Carnov (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on 1800 mg of lithium, 400 mg of lamictal for 10 years now. I was diagnosed bipolar 1 with anxiety more than 20 years ago. Recently, I felt I was starting to go all over the place and I knew it was time to talk with my shrink. He put me on 120 mg at night with .5 xanax while continuing my other 2 meds. The first night I literally went dizzy numb my speech was severely slurred and I drooled as I tried watching TV with my children. Next morning I was unable to drive them to school since I was still unable to clear my vision. Night 2 I would take and called doc., he said that I needed to give it at least a 30 day cycle but leave out xanax. I decided to self medicate and changed my dose to 60 mg daily, I bit manic but nice."

Wendow (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

For Schizophrenia "Took 80mg of geodon for 10 months. Severe weight loss, extreme loss appetite, moderate anxiety, talked out loud to myself alot, talking rapidly while not making sense, extreme happiness for no reason, jerked awake every night with no sleep for at least 24 hours, severe restlessness. Extreme energy. Severe weight loss almost died. Don't recommend."

Miss severe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was prescribed Geodon two weeks ago for psychotic episodes that I have as a result of my Bipolar 1 disorder. In short, I am absolutely horrified at what Geodon has done to my body in the small time that I have been taking it. It has made my hallucinations worse, my Bipolar disorder worse (which was fine with the help of Lamictal), and it made my suicidal thoughts worse. I blacked out and self-harmed for the first time in over a year since I began taking this medication. I had to call a pharmacist to work out an emergency titration schedule which did me little good since I started IMMEDIATELY withdrawing from the 40 mg capsules. It was the worst withdrawal symptoms I have ever experienced. Please be careful before taking Geodon."

Desune March 31, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "One of the best meds out there that I have tried. It works to keep you stable and little to no side effects. Recommended."

Bipolar type Schizzoaffective (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Geodon has helped with the low mood swings. It does make me restless. I take it only in the morning. Lamictal has been my saving grace. It's been months since I've slipped into depression."

Allstar1234 February 19, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This medication did nothing for my delusions and caused me to eat non-stop."

Karen YF (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I am a 48 year-old woman with bi-polar I disorder. A year ago last fall I was severely depressed. In the hospital they put me on 20 mg. Geodon for depression and 10 mg. trazedone for sleep. I was already on 1000 mg Tegretol. At first this combo was a lifesaver and I felt the best I have felt in years - even became slightly hypomanic and over-the-moon happy. Then 4 months in my mood swung to a deep suicidal depression so I went back in the hospital for 2 weeks and they upped the Geodon to 40 mg then 80 mg and the anxiety and insomnia became so bad they gave me the max they could with sleep meds and I left the hospital worse than ever. Anxiety so bad I had to take clonazepam to counteract. Would not take again."

StrongMaryForever (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 23, 2016

For Schizophrenia "My doctor changed my drug regimen from abilify to Geodon(120 mg Then I started experiencing trouble swallowing and headaches. These effects were transient so the doctor asked me to stay on the drug. The condition became worse and I went to an ear, throat, nose doctor. They indicated that I was suffering from GERD and inflammation of the larynx. After a few more weeks I was becoming paranoid and experiencing OCD symtoms. My husband called the doctor and demanded she shift back to abilify. A couple days later all the aforementioned symtoms disappeared. I am sure the drug works for many people but please pay close attention to the side effects I described"

rose cuse January 18, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "It didn't work for me, I was on 40mg initially to start, and it wasn't helping, I could feel myself slipping into a worse depression, so the doctor upped it 60 mg. I then started breaking out in hives which itched so bad I would scratch them open (now have scars). Although even at 60, it still wasn't working for me. Off to find another substitute for seroquel (that's not working anymore either). I hope it helps other though, it just didn't work for me."

Sue_B327 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Geodon for a few years now. I'm supposed to take 180 mg At night. But instead of knocking me out I'm restless and feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin. So I take 80mg. in the morning and evening along with Zoloft, Vistril, and Klonopin a cocktail that makes me slumber for over twelve hours a day. My mood all the time unless triggered is "numb"."

Morrisseyjunkie (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2015

For Schizophrenia "This is day two of taking 20mg twice daily of geodon. So far I yawn a lot and could fall asleep about 30 mins to an hour after taking it. That I really hate, because I was already always exhausted to begin with BUT I will say I have noticed I'm a lot less paranoid and can actually walk slowly without thinking im being chased, it is rather pleasant, now when I see or hear things I know its just my head and can leave it be and not go into paranoid mode, I really hope the sleepiness subsides"

Krispykillz (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015