User Reviews for Geodon

Autism 9 reviews 7 medications

5.4
Summary of Geodon reviews 235 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Geodon

For Bipolar Disorder "I guess drugs really do affect people differently. I have nothing but good things to say about Geodon. I've been on it for a year and a half and my mania has only revealed itself twice since, but didn't last as long. It has also helped with my anxiety. The only thing I wish it helped more of is my depression. I am not as depressed as I used to get, but it's still there. And I really don't laugh a lot on it. But as far as treating my bipolar episodes, it's a great drug. I have had no side effects with it."

FSE (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I can't recommend this pill. It's only been two days and my IQ has gone way down, I promise it wasn't always this way... Anyway, within two days of taking this pill my mind became incredibly forgetful, I forgot my own phone number, and it took me 5 minutes to be able to recall it again. I made multiple big mistakes at work, mistakes that I've never made in my whole 2 years there. I was mortified, but thankfully my boss was really nice about it. Also, I gave a girlfriend a ride home and she told me I was driving awfully and it kind of scared her. Normally I'm a very cautious driver, and she told me that she'd never felt that way before with my driving. I can't continue taking this pill because it destroys my good work performance."

cats007 August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "This is a Zombie drug , causes me to fall and hurt myself , makes me have zero emotions and I hate everyone and want everyone in the world to die ..... would be animal abuse to give it to a pet ......I'm not taking this anymore ."

SchizoAffective August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "When I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder my doctor prescribed Geodon at 40mg once daily to help with my mixed episodes. I immediately felt the effect of the drug. I had Insomnia. I was hallucinating, I would here voices at night. I was aggitated and yelling at my husband and children for no real reason. My mixed episodes got much worse. I quit taking it after 4 days of absolute hell. I know everyone reacts differently the these drugs but my experience was awful."

CM31 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was prescribed this during a bad mixed episode and it did wonders for me. It worked within the day! My only complaint is the sedation side effect. I get knocked out within two hours of taking it, so I take it at night. I also find that you can't take it with carbonated drinks, or else you get nauseous."

bipolarbunny (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This basically affected me the same as latuda, did nothing to help my depression, and made my anxiety worse, also made me feel restless and kinda agitated, plus I was clenching my Jaws, and had jaw tightness and pain, something I normally do not have, stopped taking this."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been taking Geodon for 13 years. I was disorganized in my thinking in a mixed episode when I started taking it. It worked like a miracle for me. It made me sleepy when I would take it for a few years so I took it at bedtime; 80mg x2. I got use to it eventually. The side effect that troubles me is Low Platlettes. I was diagnosed with that shortly after starting it but my doctors don't blame the Geodon. Has anyone ever stopped taking it after prolonged use. I feel like I may not need it anymore!"

Stacyj1s July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I took this was great for sleeping helped me less manic. I started gaining too much weight so I decided not to take it for a couple of days.. lost 5 pounds so I'm trying to switch to something else"

imfatnow July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Autism "Low dose was very activating. Loved the energy and motivation. Wasn't enough to help with symptoms though. Increased dose was very sedating, but helped alot. I have aspergers, PTSD, social anxiety, and panic disorder. This med Increased libido, motivation, desire to socialize, ability to organize, moderately decreased depression but not very helpful for panic/anxiety. At any dose was unable to relax most of the time. I got a rash on my scalp and severe cystic acne on my face, shoulders and back that worsened as time went on so I discontinued."

Jenna4160 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I got put on this after my 3rd stay at a mental care facility. It was an addition to Lamictal. I was prescribed both for my Bipolar Disorder and Schizoeffective Disorder. Geodon worked for a bit but I noticed when I would deliberately take it when I was having auditory hallucinations that it wouldn't help. I'm on 40 mg, maybe that's too low, but it's not helping."

tracingbackroots (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Bipolar II with mixed episode, tried geodon. Severe somnolence, with insomnia (read: trapped in half-asleep purgatory) upon starting. Triggered full blown manic episode with hallucinations, jabbering rambling and fast talking, distractibility and inattentiveness, poor judgment, and dissociation with passage of time, over following couple weeks. Shaking hands (could not perform ordinary fine motor tasks such as cutting my nails). Stopped and switched to quetiapine, with success."

Oboer (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I was diagnosed in the prodromal stage of schizophrenia 2 1/2 months ago. I was started on Geodon 80mg once a day, which I started taking in the morning and it made me fall asleep for 4-6 hours. After a week of this I started taking it at night, somehow, it doesn't make me drowsy when I would like it to. It has taken away 90% of my symptoms. The first month I would get blurry vision, shaky hands, loss of appetite, large pupils later in the evening. The blurry vision has gone away. I have very little akathisia. I started getting panic attacks 2 months into taking Geodon, I now take it with a beta blocker and the panic attacks are gone. I have lost weight on this medication and have very minimal side effects. I'm grateful for this drug."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Possibly the worst mental med I've ever taken, & I've taken many over the years. It gave me an intense derealization side effect (only time I've experienced this, & it was unsettling as hell), and truly horrible, constant gas (as in, so bad I couldn't be in public)! Those who were brave enough to hold their breath & be around me told me that my affect was pretty flat as well. So basically it made me freaked out, flat, & repulsive all at the same time: thumbs down."

Gone Bananas April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I've just changed from Risperdal to Geodon. Risperdal worked well for me but I put on 6kg of weight which wouldn't budge no matter what I did. I have been on Geodon for a week now and the only side effect so far has been difficulty falling asleep and having a very light sleep pattern. I have counteracted this by taking a sleeping pill at night. I haven't lost any weight yet but hoping to see some results here soon."

Buzzabee (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Autism "Lots of mental illness drugs are rubbish anyway. But this one made me poop about 3 times a day today. And I was sick for about 2 weeks on this. Stomach pain, nausea, joint pain and all that."

Embrel (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Ok first off I'm very skeptical about reviews. I don't know what to believe when it comes down to it. My doctor told me I needed a mood stabilizer so he decided to put me on geodon. I looked up reviews before hand and I was unsure but then said what's the worst that can happen. Well the worst happened. I'm actually typing this in the emergency room. I've experienced awful side effects after the first 3 days. Restless leg syndrome, head aches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting. The bad outweighed the good and after 2 weeks or so taking this medication my doctor told me to stop taking it. In such a short time of taking this medication I'm experiencing crazy withdrawals stay away from this drug!"

Alex_1256 February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Friday 2-10-17 I was rushed by ambulance due to respiratory acidosis. I was intubated and stayed in ICU because I took xanex, baclofen, Oxycodone, and clonazepam in conjunction with Geodon. It says do not mix this medicine with those medicines. I did exactly what the Dr told me to do. You have to do your own homework. Be safe."

Bigger Macintosh February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This causes crazy weight gain. I was 120 now 177 pounds... yup! Other than that it works I take 80mg before bed every night but the craving at night for food will get the best of you. It took not long to gain weight now it's taking forever to lose it. But I'm still happy with this drug. Better then haldol and seroquel :)"

Aprillemarie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "All I can say is that for the first time in my life, I feel like I can take care of myself. I owe this completely to this drug. No more manic episodes. Everything has sort of evened out for me. It's wonderful and I cannot be without and will freak out if I ever have to! Oh and I'm on 20mg twice a day. So far, no side affects other than a small twitch in my face. That sort of thing can easily be counteracted with additional medicines, though. It is very expensive, but it is completely worth it."

caw dawg January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This medication was exactly what I needed for my schizoaffective and bipolar disorders. There has been absolutely no weight gain and no noticeable side effects. It has seriously levelled out my bipolar cycles, no paranoid delusions and the depressive episodes are less painful. I know that one med won't work for some people, but this was exactly what I needed. After being on zyprexa and gaining 10 pounds a month, this was a life saver."

Allisonata (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on this for several months and had great experiences with it. It made all the weird little hallucinations go away, caused me to effortlessly drop all of the risperdal weight (60lbs!), and just generally really helped stabilize my mood, combined with the xanax and Depakote. Unfortunately, it's about $300 a bottle on my insurance (generic)."

espresso_dreams (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "All I can say, don't miss a dose or take it without food. Also, do not take it with alcohol. If I do any of the above, I don't sleep at all. Then when I take it on the following moarning, I fall asleep at work, which is saying something because I have a very active job. This medicine seems to have a very short half life and I feel symptoms even if I go one hour without it. That being said, it is by far the best medicine I have been on. It is very effective when taken at the same time everyday with just enough food. No weight gain, and a big drop in positive symptoms. It even brings back my determination and zest for life. As long as I take it exactly as dirrected, it is a life saver."

Naboo Bear December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Geodon for 2 weeks yesterday 20mg x 2. And this is my first day on 40mg x 2 . So far I can't tell if in manic or getting better. I'm getting a lot more done and feels like manic. I don't mind. But you hope it lasts I have been in a ....dark?... depression for almost 3 years ( and had 2 children), so now I'm just happy to be motivated to do anything at all. I'm really happy "

Bh216 December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This was the worst experience I've had with a medication. I had to go off Lithium because it gave me hypothyroidism and diabetes insipidus and Geodon was a replacement. I was given Geodon at the lowest dose for about two weeks. I was okay, but experiencing a bit of random anxiety. Then my dose was upped and I had a panic attack (I've only had 3 of those in my life before) within 24hrs. Several days later I was in the ER with suicidal thoughts for the first time in 20 years. As far as general effectiveness goes before the dosage increase sent everything haywire, I got depressed right away once totally off the Lithium, so it wasn't really helping anyway. The suicidal thoughts and anxiety were gone within 48hrs after I stopped taking it."

ButterflySpain100 December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "40mg o geodon made me terribly ill. I vomited every day for a week then every other day for another week. I changed my diet to red meat and milk added Alka seltzer chews like skittles and took prilosec twice a day. I did this because geodon gave me remarkable improvement in my life. It felt like an awakening. Very little depression and just mania every now and then. It gave me back my personality."

Bugdust (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016