User Reviews for Geodon

Bipolar Disorder 137 reviews 33 medications

5.6
Summary of Geodon reviews 202 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Geodon

For Bipolar Disorder "I have, very recently, started taking this medicine. The doctor seemed very adamant that it would set me straight and make me super tired and sedate as well, potentially helping treat my somniphobia as well as the bipolar. The medication has made me so manic that I am having mixed bipolar episodes and seriously feel like jumping out of my own skin. While I appreciate not being so depressed that I'm laying on the floor crying my eyes out, I do not enjoy jittering and being so amped up that I start screaming every time something frustrates me. I am so manic that it is surreal. So much for Geodon helping me out XD"

JessiMahtnarg September 20, 2016

For Schizophrenia "I've been on geodon for about three weeks now. So far no side effects but it's diffcult to take with 500 calorie meals. I'm not much of a breakfast gal and find myself looking for food to take my medicine in the morning."

Opeeftl September 11, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I went on this drug because I was gaining too much weight on zyprexa. I've lost some weight so far but literally feel like shit everyday. Feel sick too my stomach and can barely keep my eyes open throughout the day. If I forget too take it I can't fall asleep and I've never had that problem with other meds."

Kylemarsh August 24, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm confused about comments. Do most bi- polar 1 patients find Geodon taken before sleep helps sleeplessness? I have been taking Geodon the last 6 months and weaned myself off of lithium. The only side affect I have with Geodon is sleeplessness. Is Geodon more effective taken in the evening? I see my Dr.in a month, I will bring up patient responses to Geodon,taken before bedtime. I'm willing to try! "

SuperB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Bad side effects!"

PostmodenistCupie (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Geodon changed my life. The first thing that happened was it was VERY sedating. Within an hour of taking it I was asleep so deeply that I could not be woken up no matter what happened. You could yell, shake me, nothing would wake me. I did not wake up groggy though and within 3 days my mind no longer raced and I started thinking clearly. As time went on the sedating effect lessened though it took a really long time. While I'm on it my brain just isn't mean to me and I sleep like a normal person. Tough to start as you need someone who can be with you in case there is an emergency because you will not be able to wake up or move for hours but it works. I wouldn't trade it for the world."

Rametteperegrine (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "i have been bipolar since the age of 21 im now 28 was put on zyprexa for 6 years changed this med because i was gaining too much weight im now 3 and half months on geodon in combination with zoloft all i can say this medication sucks it makes me more manic than ever my doc want me to try lithium i hope ill get better result... been sleeping 3 hours in the night for weeks this was the worst medication i have ever been and i only been on Zyprexa...i started on 80mg now im on 120mg dont reccomend dont try this drug!!!"

Bigbangaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This drug has me feeling dizzy drunk. I can tell its making me feel better. Im alot happier and not thinking so distorted. But the dizziness is awful."

Tamirenee August 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was in a very bad place at the time I started taking it. My doctor wanted to ween me off of Effexor after 7 years of 300mg of it. I'll tell you coming off the Effexor is like coming off hard drugs like heroine! I'm not sure if the Zeldox (what they call geodon in Canada) was helping or making it worse. I officially got off the effexor after 10 weeks of weening and I'm still currently on 80mg of Zeldox. I will say you have to eat with this med or else you're really only giving your body half of what you're putting in it. I'm a week into lithium at 600mg. I'm feeling fantastic, but I'm thinking about weening off of the Zeldox, I do not believe its being effective and I'm just getting negative side effects from it."

Denny0505 July 25, 2016

For Schizophrenia "Been on it for nearly 2 months now and I Always take it at a time when I have a meal for best effect. No relapce . I do not gained psychosis when having Geodon. And I do not gain weight on it or feel to extremely hungry when having this. But i've got the same problem that actually occurs with those who having ADHD. Among the problems is lower memory and to shut down things that happens on the same time. Have someone else experience problems that remind of adhd on Geodon? AND my dreams on the nights is Not always something to be proud of or try to impress of. I have dream very sick dreams on Geodon. BUT it feels like I can be myself on it to still be the person who I really are. Geodon got 7 of 10. Still good. This is my experience on Geodon"

jerko (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "For Bipolar . This medicine was Very Dangerous to me. Within the first 2 weeks of being on 30 mg twice a day, I had 2 Seizures. Never have had a seizure in my 45 years of living. Had very bad hallucinations Rapid eye movement during the day, and was worse after any caffeine or cigarette. Had an episode while driving and could not control my actions, went off the road, thru a ditch and into a tree. 2 Fractured Vertabrae, many bruises, concussion. Stopped taking this drug. Thankfully I didn't kill anyone or myself. Finally 2 weeks after I stopped taking, I am finally getting a clear head. But still in Pain from the accident! Would NOT Recommend this Junk for anyone!!"

eggo (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I do not reccomended this AT ALL. Within a week of taking this, I started hallucinating and I got really bad akethesia. I was up for 3 days seeing things, hearing thinks, and I was even having tactile hallucinations. Most horrible experience I've ever had."

Rick LeClair (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on 80 mg twice a day. Couldn't handle that so I started taking both at night. I've been on for 4 years and THEN the side effects started bad dystonia in my legs, arms, and face. Also I was very depressed, felt hallow, and so snappy always yelling at my kids. No ability to cry (you know sometimes a good cry just helps). So I called my doctor and she cut it in half to 80. At first I had some mood swings but I have gotten them under control. Now I just ache all over and have bad headaches. But, on the lighter side, I feel much happier, not scared of people like I was before (because I was sure they were all talking about me and hated me). I haven't decided if I'm going to go off or compltley. Right now, I'm happy where I'm at."

john330 July 3, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I am on lexapro, for depression, n buspar, for anxiety. My Dr added 40 mgs of geodon about 3 weeks ago, as a mood stabilizer... Well, it stabilized my mood, but at the most crazy manic level I've ever had. I sometimes worry myself into mania, which usually lasts about 3 days. Then I sleep it off, n I'm back to my mostly even keel self. Always anxious n slightly depressed, but functioning in the world... I did start this med in a manic phase, but to help calm me. It did not work. N my Dr is on vaca till next week... I've never posted to a forum b4, but I've never felt like this b4. I'm hoping for some insight from others. Has anyone else had this reaction? Please help."

Cali Mel June 28, 2016

For Schizophrenia "20 mg twice per day, a total of 40 mg per day. Not hungry on it. On the contrary. Reduces appetite. take it at the same moment when I have a meal for best effect! No weight gain. No effect on metabolism. Stable blood sugar levels. Working ! I do not feel psychotic on it !"

Henkeboj (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Best med I've been on for my bi-polar. I also take buspirone And trazodone for sleep. I been bi-polar since 21, I think I have taken ever drug there is for this illness. And since my Dr has put me on this drugs I'm finely stable for once in my life."

Jeffery M May 24, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Was prescribed Geodon for mania in Bipolar. Cannot recommend this drug. I tried to go back to work after being in the hospital for 2 weeks. Often, I would fall asleep even while typing or working. This made other activities dangerous and I quickly met with doctor to stop taking this. I can see this as being a short term fix to mania, but ongoing use of this drug is dangerous. It could make you have an accident or worse if driving."

Manuel231 (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Schizophrenia "It's wonderful for treating the symptoms of schizophrenia. Unfortunately it comes with terrible anxiety for me. Almost every night I get this weird, overwhelming feeling, can't sit still and I can only describe it as a panic attack. My benzo doesn't help, all can do is go to bed. I'm only taking 20mg twice a day. I'm scared if I ever need to increase the dosage"

Angela07742 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "this medication made me get rosacea after an all nighter and made me feel like vomiting every time I had to take it with 500 calories. it made me too crazy and there's still the lingering effect and no one thought I was crazy before that or knew and then it was obvious and still is. I never used to get crazy laughing before I don't think but I don't know if it's also because I was in a mental hospital with tons of crazy people and picked up their behaviour. my looks got completely ruined by this medication forever. I'm on 12 mgs of invega and 300 mgs of lamictal right now and I'm doing much better but I think I should be on 400 mgs of lamictal."

alligator112 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2016

For Schizophrenia "60mg very effective for psychotic symptoms. Zero weight gain. However, had to come off due to bad side effects. Quite severe depersonalization and jaw pain. As I understand it, this is quite a rare side effect so I wouldn't let it dissuade you. Reactions to antipsychotics are very much on an individual basis. Would recommend despite my personal side effects."

Nance34 May 2, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Mania and especially mixed mania are the problem. Geodon is my solution. I took myself off because of mouth moves. Bad move? Almost divorced. I can tell when I am manic because I have ideas and insights. Example: the graph of user ratings for geodon treatment of bipolar is itself bipolar. I was doing 3x80mg when the moves started. Back to 1x80 now. Will report back. p.s. great site. I've been here many times but my first post. Thought I should contribute."

early (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This med makes me feel better but does nothing to hit the excessive amount of dopamine in my frontal lobe. This causes me so much frustration. The only thing anti-psychotics ever dealt with was my parietal lobe. Hello! It is "supposed to" clear up my entire brain not just a little bit. I can't function with just a little bit better."

Carnov (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on 1800 mg of lithium, 400 mg of lamictal for 10 years now. I was diagnosed bipolar 1 with anxiety more than 20 years ago. Recently, I felt I was starting to go all over the place and I knew it was time to talk with my shrink. He put me on 120 mg at night with .5 xanax while continuing my other 2 meds. The first night I literally went dizzy numb my speech was severely slurred and I drooled as I tried watching TV with my children. Next morning I was unable to drive them to school since I was still unable to clear my vision. Night 2 I would take and called doc., he said that I needed to give it at least a 30 day cycle but leave out xanax. I decided to self medicate and changed my dose to 60 mg daily, I bit manic but nice."

Wendow (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

For Schizophrenia "Took 80mg of geodon for 10 months. Severe weight loss, extreme loss appetite, moderate anxiety, talked out loud to myself alot, talking rapidly while not making sense, extreme happiness for no reason, jerked awake every night with no sleep for at least 24 hours, severe restlessness. Extreme energy. Severe weight loss almost died. Don't recommend."

Miss severe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was prescribed Geodon two weeks ago for psychotic episodes that I have as a result of my Bipolar 1 disorder. In short, I am absolutely horrified at what Geodon has done to my body in the small time that I have been taking it. It has made my hallucinations worse, my Bipolar disorder worse (which was fine with the help of Lamictal), and it made my suicidal thoughts worse. I blacked out and self-harmed for the first time in over a year since I began taking this medication. I had to call a pharmacist to work out an emergency titration schedule which did me little good since I started IMMEDIATELY withdrawing from the 40 mg capsules. It was the worst withdrawal symptoms I have ever experienced. Please be careful before taking Geodon."

Desune March 31, 2016