User Reviews for Geodon

Autism
4.9

Summary of Geodon reviews 5.8 265 reviews

Reviews for Geodon

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Extreme weight loss. Uncontrolled arm, mouth and tongue movements. Terrible uncontrolled spasms."

Rudy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder "I had to give up my latuda which works wonders because my insurance wouldn’t pay for it. Geodon makes me beyond tired. I almost fell asleep at work a few times. So not worth this side effect. I’ll go on seroquel. I’d rather have weight gain then not be able to work!!!!"

Terrie (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2019

For Schizophrenia "Man I feel better than how I was feeling before. I still hear stuff still but not as bothersome as before. I'd recommend this med for voices for everyone bruhh"

Marquis (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I'd rate this a 10 but I am still fairly new to it and don't want to be overly optimistic. However my life has turned completely around on this medication. I did have a negative side effect that cause uncontrollable face and tongue movements but once the dosage was adjusted and another medication called cogentin, added to it, those movements have gone away. It was like night and day and I didn't have to wait weeks to feel different. There is a euphoria that comes with it , a sense of well being. It's helped my bipolar symptoms regarding concentration, mood, sleep and over all well being. Yes I know many don't have a pleasant experience with anti or atypical psychotic drugs but for some of us it can really change your life. If the pros outweigh the cons then I'm down to keep using this medication. I take it with lithium and this is the best I've felt in the 15 years that I've been diagnosed as bipolar."

Sikkinixx (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I have been on Geodon for the last 5 years. As soon as I started taking the Geodon at 20 mg my sleep started to get disturbed. I was bumped up to 60 mg and the hallucinations have tapered off. I still get delusions and feeling that people are talking out of my mouth as my mouth moves with words. I had initial symptoms of restlessness and anxiety but over time these symptoms have decreased and managed. I take Geodon with food at 5:30pm and it wires me so I can't sleep at night. I tried taking Geodon in the morning with food, but sometimes if I don't eat enough food it causes forced drowsiness and unable to do anything but sleep for a couple of hours. I switched to evening in case the forced drowsiness appeared again. I found that moderate exercise 5 days a week helps with sleep because Geodon increases DHEA level and when DHEA is elevated, you have sleep issues. On the fifth year of Geodon, I started to get drug induced Parkinsonism."

Amy November 17, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Gained 50lbs in 3 months. Ate half a refrigerator a day. The doctor told me that geodon is weight neutral and I need more self control. I've been on oodles of anti-psychotics and other psych drugs. Only zyprexa, lithium, and depakote make me gain weight. Lithium was a pound a week, zyprexa is .75lbs a week, and depakote is 3lbs a week. Geodon is 4lbs a week. A personal high"

Cat November 5, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I would rate this medication a zero if I could. I took it back in 2007 when my psychiatric nurse practitioner misdiagnosed me as bipolar. I had suicidal ideations and was sent to a "safe house" with this medication for a few days. The first night I took it, I woke up with my neck contorting in different positions and my face grimacing. Fortunately, I told someone and they immediately set me up to see my ARNP who told me I had spasmodic torticollis and immediately took me off the medication and gave me a muscle relaxer that they use for Parkinsons patients. She switched my meds from Geodon to Lithium (another horrible med) and I checked myself out of the "safe house" a few days later. 11 years later I was accurately diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder which can mimic Bipolar but the mood swings are more frequent (days rather than months at a time). "

MissLeopard83 September 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Worst drug I've ever taken. 5 days in and I'm getting seizures, three days after I'm still having them. Screw this drug. Stay away from it!"

... (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on Geodon from 2004-2014. The effect actually made me like a zombie. My neurologist actually diagnosed me with Parkinson’s, drug induced. Pale skin, stone face never smiled or showed expression, my tongue would be sticking out and I had no clue. I stumbled and fell often. My daughter researched it in College and her Psycopharmacology professor told her how bad it was. Took me 2 months to be weaned off. Four years later and I am having extreme anxiety and trust issues. Been on other psych meds for 15 yrs, new Psychiatrist researching to find answers. Wish me luck"

Muggzie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Geodon since 2001. I am 62 yo. This drug has seriously saved my life! Before Geodon I attempted suicide several times starting when when I was 14 yo. I tried to get help all the time, but nobody listened. Finally out of desperation I found a psychiatrist who recognized what was wrong with me and put me on Geodon, 80 msg, always at bedtime. I also started therapy, for a year, and my life turned around!! Until about a year ago. Maybe 15 months! I started spending money, hiding it from my family! I am now almost $30 thousand in debt it is compulsive spending! And I can’t stop! Also, I can’t wake up! Even when one of my kids come and tries, they can’t wake me! When I do finally get up, I fall asleep when I sit down."

Diana (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm surprised by the negative reviews for geodon it saved my life. I was given geodon two months ago when I was hospitalized for mixed episodes. If you've never had one I pray you never do. Geodon stopped the episode after one dose. If you experience sleepiness ask your doctor if you can take it in one dose at dinner. Also when reading reviews remember that at some doses it is sedating and at others energizing. For me it has been weight neutral in fact I've lost weight while on it. YMMV (your mileage may vary) good luck finding something that works for you."

Dymphna23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Geodon is working well for me. My condition is pretty severe and other antipsychotic medications caused what I can only describe as an adverse reaction. It doesn't get rid of all my symptoms but I am on a low dose. What I am most surprised by is it's positive effect on my motivation and my desire to see others...I did not know medication could help that."

Fuzzy July 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Geodon for about two months now and it isn't working well for me. The first 2 weeks I was completely euphoric and energized and saw some resemblance of my old self .I was hoping for the best but I knew deeply down I was experiencing short-term mania without all the risks .My doctor increased my medication and now I feel flat, hyper-aware of my surroundings and kind of dark .I also have been non-stop eating and I had trouble with nausea and dizziness. I don't feel depressed or suicidal but I do feel "icky". I'm NOT going to continue this medication because the pros do not outweigh the cons. So my never ending search for the correction medication combo carries on."

Karen (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "THIS MEDICATION IS AWFUL. I took it for a week and had a complete schizophrenic melt down, I couldn't stop crying and hearing sirens and thinking that demons were growling at me and that a hideous voices in my room . I had seizures all day the next day. TAKE WITH CAUTION"

kdjay (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've found Geodon to help my depression , concentration, and other issues of bipolar disorder. I Tried another manufacturer and lost some efficacy so I'm going back to Dr. Reddy's."

t (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 17, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Honestly, this medication does a really good job of nipping hallucinations in the bud. It took over a week for the medicine to really work for me, though. The only complaint I have is the fact that this medication makes you so, so tired. It also changes your mood so that I don’t feel like me when I take Geodon. But, it does what it’s supposed to do so I can’t complain too much."

Elle May 4, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Geodon worked really well in treating my psychosis, but experienced too many of the side effects. I gained 25lbs in a month. My normal headaches turned into migraines, I had the stuffy nose thing nonstop. I wish I would have been able to continue taking it, it helped more than any of the other meds."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I’ve had a fairly positive experience with this drug. Getting adjusted was a nightmare—almost fell asleep while driving a few times. But ironically raising the dose actually helped with my side effects. After four years on it with no episodes I’m now in the process of weaning myself off, but as soon as I decreased the dose I broke out in hives! The hives have now stuck around for 6 months and no amount of antihistamines will make them budge. Such a terrible end to an otherwise great experience with this drug."

Anomymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Prescribed when I was having mixed episode. Did it's job at calming me down quite quickly. However, had some serious side effects: shaking of hands and at one stage, entire left side of body. Coming off it was a nightmare. Dizziness, anger, dark thoughts, shaking, rashes, headaches among others."

Dovid (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Couldn't think or feel on it. Felt like I was gonna have a heart attack. Had no appetite."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Tried 2 others with bad side effects. I've just switched to the above & no constipation, quiet in my head no cravings or dry mouth. Think I sneeze a bit & my sinuses are clearer. Bit of runny nose but nothing to complain about. Within 2.5hrs I'm slowly drifting into great sleep & can wake up with no alarm feeling very refreshed & energized. I'm really hoping it continues like this as its perfect for me.on 20mg at night. I've got my fingers crossed."

Singerandactor January 13, 2018

For Autism "Caused me to have muscle spasms in my back"

Myob (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2017

For Autism "If you think Geodon is not working for the recipient, please Google "What you should eat when taking Geodon - Food and Geodon". Calorie intake is very important."

Mother of a son with Autism (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I was only on it for about 3 months! I was on the toilet all day with explosive diarrhea!! I lost 40 to 50 pounds within that time period. My weight was down to 125 pounds. I’m 42 years old now. The last time I weighed 125 pounds was in high school!"

WillnBryant (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "Geodon wasn’t good for me I couldn’t stop moving, felt uncomfortable and had tics all the time. I couldn’t sleep. It caused tremors and affected my speech too. I forget what dose I was on, but it was only 2 weeks and I ended up going to psychiatric ER for the side effects. A low dose of Latuda has been a good replacement but everyone is different."

A11me November 11, 2017