User Reviews for Geodon

Autism
4.9

Summary of Geodon reviews 5.8 256 reviews

Reviews for Geodon

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Geodon since 2001. I am 62 yo. This drug has seriously saved my life! Before Geodon I attempted suicide several times starting when when I was 14 yo. I tried to get help all the time, but nobody listened. Finally out of desperation I found a psychiatrist who recognized what was wrong with me and put me on Geodon, 80 msg, always at bedtime. I also started therapy, for a year, and my life turned around!! Until about a year ago. Maybe 15 months! I started spending money, hiding it from my family! I am now almost $30 thousand in debt it is compulsive spending! And I can’t stop! Also, I can’t wake up! Even when one of my kids come and tries, they can’t wake me! When I do finally get up, I fall asleep when I sit down."

Diana (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm surprised by the negative reviews for geodon it saved my life. I was given geodon two months ago when I was hospitalized for mixed episodes. If you've never had one I pray you never do. Geodon stopped the episode after one dose. If you experience sleepiness ask your doctor if you can take it in one dose at dinner. Also when reading reviews remember that at some doses it is sedating and at others energizing. For me it has been weight neutral in fact I've lost weight while on it. YMMV (your mileage may vary) good luck finding something that works for you."

Dymphna23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Geodon is working well for me. My condition is pretty severe and other antipsychotic medications caused what I can only describe as an adverse reaction. It doesn't get rid of all my symptoms but I am on a low dose. What I am most surprised by is it's positive effect on my motivation and my desire to see others...I did not know medication could help that."

Fuzzy July 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Geodon for about two months now and it isn't working well for me. The first 2 weeks I was completely euphoric and energized and saw some resemblance of my old self .I was hoping for the best but I knew deeply down I was experiencing short-term mania without all the risks .My doctor increased my medication and now I feel flat, hyper-aware of my surroundings and kind of dark .I also have been non-stop eating and I had trouble with nausea and dizziness. I don't feel depressed or suicidal but I do feel "icky". I'm NOT going to continue this medication because the pros do not outweigh the cons. So my never ending search for the correction medication combo carries on."

Karen (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "THIS MEDICATION IS AWFUL. I took it for a week and had a complete schizophrenic melt down, I couldn't stop crying and hearing sirens and thinking that demons were growling at me and that a hideous voices in my room . I had seizures all day the next day. TAKE WITH CAUTION"

kdjay (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I've found Geodon to help my depression , concentration, and other issues of bipolar disorder. I Tried another manufacturer and lost some efficacy so I'm going back to Dr. Reddy's."

t (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 17, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Honestly, this medication does a really good job of nipping hallucinations in the bud. It took over a week for the medicine to really work for me, though. The only complaint I have is the fact that this medication makes you so, so tired. It also changes your mood so that I don’t feel like me when I take Geodon. But, it does what it’s supposed to do so I can’t complain too much."

Elle May 4, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Geodon worked really well in treating my psychosis, but experienced too many of the side effects. I gained 25lbs in a month. My normal headaches turned into migraines, I had the stuffy nose thing nonstop. I wish I would have been able to continue taking it, it helped more than any of the other meds."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I’ve had a fairly positive experience with this drug. Getting adjusted was a nightmare—almost fell asleep while driving a few times. But ironically raising the dose actually helped with my side effects. After four years on it with no episodes I’m now in the process of weaning myself off, but as soon as I decreased the dose I broke out in hives! The hives have now stuck around for 6 months and no amount of antihistamines will make them budge. Such a terrible end to an otherwise great experience with this drug."

Anomymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "Prescribed when I was having mixed episode. Did it's job at calming me down quite quickly. However, had some serious side effects: shaking of hands and at one stage, entire left side of body. Coming off it was a nightmare. Dizziness, anger, dark thoughts, shaking, rashes, headaches among others."

Dovid (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Couldn't think or feel on it. Felt like I was gonna have a heart attack. Had no appetite."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Tried 2 others with bad side effects. I've just switched to the above & no constipation, quiet in my head no cravings or dry mouth. Think I sneeze a bit & my sinuses are clearer. Bit of runny nose but nothing to complain about. Within 2.5hrs I'm slowly drifting into great sleep & can wake up with no alarm feeling very refreshed & energized. I'm really hoping it continues like this as its perfect for me.on 20mg at night. I've got my fingers crossed."

Singerandactor January 13, 2018

For Autism "Caused me to have muscle spasms in my back"

Myob (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2017

For Autism "If you think Geodon is not working for the recipient, please Google "What you should eat when taking Geodon - Food and Geodon". Calorie intake is very important."

Mother of a son with Autism (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I was only on it for about 3 months! I was on the toilet all day with explosive diarrhea!! I lost 40 to 50 pounds within that time period. My weight was down to 125 pounds. I’m 42 years old now. The last time I weighed 125 pounds was in high school!"

WillnBryant (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "Geodon wasn’t good for me I couldn’t stop moving, felt uncomfortable and had tics all the time. I couldn’t sleep. It caused tremors and affected my speech too. I forget what dose I was on, but it was only 2 weeks and I ended up going to psychiatric ER for the side effects. A low dose of Latuda has been a good replacement but everyone is different."

A11me November 11, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I started geodon with celexa nine years ago. It worked amazing for the first couple of years. But then I started getting physical side effects. I began to have tics on my face and I gained a total of 60 pounds on this med. My vision became poor and I needed glasses. I became numb to my feelings. I started to wake up at night half asleep, eating and doing really weird things. I tapered off over a few months because stopping cold turkey causes me extreme mental withdrawal. I was off it a year and couldn't handle the depression, anxiety and mood swings anymore. I recently went back on a week ago and already my vision is blurry, I'm sleep walking and gained two pounds. I does wonders for me mentally but I can't handle the side effects."

Kelmo137 November 5, 2017

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I started taking this in April 2017. I was on 9 medications at the time for manic episodes and severe constant hallucinations. The only medication that ever stopped my hallucinations before this was haldol, but it caused extreme akinesia, so I stopped taking it. Originally was on 20 mg of Geodon twice daily, but have now gone to 80 mg twice daily. This medication is a miracle. The hallucinations have almost completely gone, and my mood is stable for the first time in years. No severe weight gain or weight loss. The only real side effect is that I get sleepy, but it is a welcome rest. I have gone from 9 medications to 3 medications. Recommended."

Jill J (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I was on Geodon for 12 years. I would take it at night with 500 calories. No weight gain. It worked really well for me for about 9 years. I did have mouth movements and then got anxiety. The past 2 years I've been struggling with all the symptoms of schitzoaffective disorder. Now I'm trying something new. I wish it worked the way it used to."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2017

For Schizophrenia "I've been on Geodon for 6 months now and its helped me maintain my weight and take away all my symptoms with minimal side effects. I increased my dose to 120mg once a day and now I developed insomnia and can't sleep without taking xanax. I will be forced to switch medications."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I was taking Geodon with Cymbalta and Clonazepam. I was hospitalized 4 times in a year! Never has that happened (I go inpatient maybe every 3-5 year's for a med adjustment). They kept increasing Cymbalta and Geodon. I believe my last increase had me at 100mg of Geodon. Not only did it MAKE me act bi-polar, I also had full body tremors 24/7, heart palpitations and tachycardia (mainly at bedtime). The last episode lasted 3 hour's. I iced my body (to lower core temperature), took very deep breaths and massaged the main artery, left side of the neck. I was about to call 911 when it finally stopped. I seriously thought I was dying! I wouldn't recommend Geodon for anyone who doesn't require a mood stabilizer based on diagnosis."

Greensprings (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I guess drugs really do affect people differently. I have nothing but good things to say about Geodon. I've been on it for a year and a half and my mania has only revealed itself twice since, but didn't last as long. It has also helped with my anxiety. The only thing I wish it helped more of is my depression. I am not as depressed as I used to get, but it's still there. And I really don't laugh a lot on it. But as far as treating my bipolar episodes, it's a great drug. I have had no side effects with it."

FSE (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "I can't recommend this pill. It's only been two days and my IQ has gone way down, I promise it wasn't always this way... Anyway, within two days of taking this pill my mind became incredibly forgetful, I forgot my own phone number, and it took me 5 minutes to be able to recall it again. I made multiple big mistakes at work, mistakes that I've never made in my whole 2 years there. I was mortified, but thankfully my boss was really nice about it. Also, I gave a girlfriend a ride home and she told me I was driving awfully and it kind of scared her. Normally I'm a very cautious driver, and she told me that she'd never felt that way before with my driving. I can't continue taking this pill because it destroys my good work performance."

cats007 August 6, 2017

For Schizophrenia "This is a Zombie drug , causes me to fall and hurt myself , makes me have zero emotions and I hate everyone and want everyone in the world to die ..... would be animal abuse to give it to a pet ......I'm not taking this anymore ."

SchizoAffective August 5, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder "When I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder my doctor prescribed Geodon at 40mg once daily to help with my mixed episodes. I immediately felt the effect of the drug. I had Insomnia. I was hallucinating, I would here voices at night. I was aggitated and yelling at my husband and children for no real reason. My mixed episodes got much worse. I quit taking it after 4 days of absolute hell. I know everyone reacts differently the these drugs but my experience was awful."

CM31 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017